TIM
    NeTx-C (5w6)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Greetings, everyone!

Greetings, everyone!

I'm a 32-year-old software engineer and occasional bass guitarist from Lithuania (and yet I somehow didn't know who Aušra Augustinavičiūtė was until a couple of months ago ). I had dabbled in MBTI in my teenage years, but, to be honest, it left me completely dissatisfied and a lot of things simply didn't make sense to me, so I discarded personality types as pseudoscience akin to astrology for quite a while. That was my initial reaction when my friend introduced me to socionics too. Thankfully, my typical reaction to things I disagree with is to research them in depth so that I can thoroughly discredit them with solid argumentation This meant that I spent something like a month intensively reading all of the literature that is available to me (good thing I know sufficient Russian to read some of the original sources too), and I got convinced that there is actually quite a lot of merit to this theory, and I am very excited to learn more. I also hope that I can be a useful contributor here and provide some of my own insights as I study this topic in greater depth Keep in mind that my life experiences may be tainted by living with an LII and an ILI whom I lovingly call Satan

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey welcome

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaedy View Post
    it left me completely dissatisfied and a lot of things simply didn't make sense to me, so I discarded personality types as pseudoscience akin to astrology for quite a while
    this is expected mostly in case of wrong types. as people see mismatches between theory and practice

my IR test (in the signature) gives the signes that IR effects exist. so types exist as practically useful theory too. this needs correct types, certainly