Thread: VI Theory BS

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VI Theory BS

I'm posting about VI Theory bs. I established a tentative link between two things in my tiny amount of research. Eyebrow and smile.

Five base options. Oh, and I'm not here to argue temperment theory, it just matches up really nicely with my personal theory.

Sanguine. Happy and generally easy going is the definition.
    To VI, you'd look for a nice smile and upturned eyebrows. It should make a / \ shape based on theory.

Supine. Happy and aggressive. Typically also neat and orderly I'd honestly swap supine and sanguine's VI for the purpose of this all, but I'm going by their theory so I won't.

Supine has a nice smile, and a opposite \ / eyebrows.

>: ) Nice. Obligatory Woodman meme.

Probably Gandhi, though he had two expressions, so possibly supine-melancholy or phlegmatic.

Then there's phlegmatic. They generally are seen as unemotional and calm.

You'll typically have a null expression out of them, and their eyebrows stay at relax. You'll often confuse them with good poker players. Maybe they are, I don't know.

|: l

Choleric is our first unhappy type.

It's unhappy with the supine eyebrows. So they'll generally have a frown on their face.

>

Best example is Donald Trump but he's possibly mixed, and thus not true choleric.

Melancholy is also similar to sanguine.

/ \ + (

Best example is Einstein, but he'd likely be mixed phlegmatic.

Mixes exist, and make things much harder. So someone with no expression and has the sanguine/melancholy brow could be either.

Then you go and think of people with the most interesting eyebrows ever. ~ ~ What type is that?

So going by this, you can read the temperments in a person quite reliably in theory, but it's probably hard. There's probably exceptions, people who type wrong, and a 6th unknown temperment that looks similar to phlegmatic. I'm talking about clenched, where you're pushing the brows together. Moving on.

1. Smile/lack of smile tends to tell you if melancholy or what. I've done several tests, and I look phlegmatic and sanguine.

2. Direction of brow determines aggression. If you are pointed down in the traditional angry face, you have aggression. Opposite means no aggression. In phlegmatics case, you don't display any aggression at all.

3. People who change expressions often are probably mixed. Dominant is first expression. Then second expression.

For reference, I am phlegmatic-sanguine or phlegmatic-supine. Test I took gave me phlegmatic-sanguine, so good enough. When I smile, you either get sanguine or the halfsie phlegmatic-supine, so yeah. Fancy huh.

Oh yeah, expression can change, so try and get the person to be baseline when checking. That means photos lie. Guess what everybody does in a photo. Smile. Good right? Paintings don't work either, cause you'd not smile or frown in a painting because you want to take it seriously. It's why Mona Lisa is so remarkable.

So that's that. I'll be off, but I expect people will use this. Don't know for sure, but meh. My next goal is to apply this to Socionics VI or something like that. I'll be back, but for now, meh.

You know, that's a good thread name to get people real stocked about the stuff I'm talking about. Nice. The Fe is with us today.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people don't value V.I.

V.I and pattern typing in anything is underrated imho.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

VI's as supine.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The bad news for you is that your opposition to VI doesn't stand on any rational ground. Those are not valid arguments.

The real bad news for you is that Stackemup Typology (socionics-side) has already validated VI theory and anybody with a brain knows it or will soon know it. I cracked the VI templates for every socionics type and subtype and my templates are far better than those awful templates over at socionics.com. That's why people all over the place are using mine and not the ones over at socionics.com.

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/

Opposition to VI theory is an emasculated position. People that denounce VI theory ime are typically female though you get a lot of IEE males who are big anti-VIers...Typically these are the people who think any combination is possible between enneagram and socionics. Not surprisingly, these are typically you're biggest advocates for the existence of multiple-personality disorder (aka tritype). No matter how much fact, logic and reason you toss their way they are still content to remain blinded to reality. It's part and parcel to the social contract they make. These are people that really just want to form connections with each other through mutual validation. (for a lot of them, the typology boards are just dating sites.) As a result, the social contract is formed out of an interest in maintaining illusions in the furtherance of mutual validation. Opposition to VI is thus logical for them...definitions and interpretations are easy to manipulate in furtherance of validating people's self-image but physiological markers are not.

Anti-Vi is a staple of fake socionics...now all you have left to do is denounce Jung, reinin dichotomies and subtype theory...then you gain full-fledged membership into the fake socionics club.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 05-16-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

as it gave typing matches in my experiment ~3 times more than accidental, then it's useful
    it's more useful for those who have better skills in it

physiognomy is bs, but not VI in general

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can look at someone and predict whether or not that person is an asshole in just a few seconds, and then behold, it's always a certain type. How did you come to that conclusion before talking to this person?

Why do I see similarities in types and can sometimes type someone instantly from just the way they look?

Maybe you are not looking at the details.