Thread: Why do INTps and ESFps need each other? (ILI-SEE duality)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why do INTps and ESFps need each other? (ILI-SEE duality)

Why do SEE need an ILI? Because they are really smart and strategic people who put some sense into your crazy endeavors, who help you out of the mess you made, and keep you from going into a deep depression. (Honestly, he did that. After I failed chemistry, I was like, 'nothing matters. there is no point ---" and he finished the sentence!! He printed out an article about a girl in a similar situation as I as a pick-me-up. At that point on, I knew he cared. It was the thoughtfulness and the timing behind the gift that proved it to me.) Also, ILIs are funny. They are witty and ironic and can make fun of anyone. (His sardonic wit gets me every time. Not bashfully, I laugh, no matter who is around.) They don't try to tone you down or look at you crazy. In fact, they keep up with crazy pretty well. And they need you. You are a great social butterfly, and they admire that. They find that social Fi useful.

Why do ILI need SEE? Because we are fucking crazy and you love it. You are scared of it. But it makes you feel needed and loved, to know that such a hurricane pays attention to your insights. As much as you say that people suck and they should go away, you like that the SEE doesn't care and stubbornly sticks around because you can't tell 'em what to do. It only attracts them even more to you. (Literally, F was telling students to go away, but I stuck around on purpose to hear him say that to me so that I could tell him I wasn't going to leave. This other time during lecture he told me that he wasn't going to answer my question, but I told him that he was. And he did.) What you think drives people away actually attracts the ILI. The cynicism and soberness is finally appreciated. You like the way the SEE notices your idiosyncrasies and actually cares about them, guards them, compliments them.

So, there you have it. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Pinchy; 05-30-2019 at 04:03 AM.