TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default SEE and being bossy

Discuss

This sounds like me (ESFP ) and my ESTJ husband. It makes me crazy how he's constantly asking me what I think when 99% of the time I genuinely DO NOT CARE! I've often wondered if I did it to him, though, since I used to be bossier. It's like I've completely taken away his ability to make any decision on his own. One time her called me from the store to ask me whether or not he should spend $3 on something for our daughter. Three. dollars. Seriously?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-13-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you spend three dollars everyday on shit. It becomes a ton of money spent on shit.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spending any money is a big deal. I don't know how much you have, but it's need to know what you spend it on.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lmao is everything OK at home?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should invest in couple’s counseling, or else talk things over for a while with him. That’s not a normal dynamic. I tend to manage the money in my relationship, but my fiance would never feel like she had to run every single decision like this by me. We just have a budget, decide how much of it we can spend on groceries and such, and that’s generally it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Maybe you should invest in couple’s counseling, or else talk things over for a while with him. That’s not a normal dynamic. I tend to manage the money in my relationship, but my fiance would never feel like she had to run every single decision like this by me. We just have a budget, decide how much of it we can spend on groceries and such, and that’s generally it.
    It’s not me. It’s an SEE talking about her relationship
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    It’s not me. It’s an SEE talking about her relationship
    It's confusing as it lacks any sort of indication it's a quote. I thought you had come to believe yourself SEE at first.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stefilias View Post
    It's confusing as it lacks any sort of indication it's a quote. I thought you had come to believe yourself SEE at first.
    The same with me.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discuss

This sounds like me (ESFP ) and my ESTJ husband. It makes me crazy how he's constantly asking me what I think when 99% of the time I genuinely DO NOT CARE! I've often wondered if I did it to him, though, since I used to be bossier. It's like I've completely taken away his ability to make any decision on his own. One time her called me from the store to ask me whether or not he should spend $3 on something for our daughter. Three. dollars. Seriously?
    K. So. Here's how it goes.

1. You're probably ISFj. I'm not explaining it. It's just not too useful to hash out that argument when I'm not confirmed on my viewpoint.

2. Yes, you're bossy. This is because there's a tendency to force your ideas down people's throat. This comes out as bossy. INFj doesn't have that, they spend their time constructing wizard tier riddles. It wastes my time, but amuses other people who would find that pleasing to solve. ESTjs enjoy thinking, just not thinking hard. I force people to think hard. What I did in 1. would infuriate an INFj and ESTj immensely. What INFj did would infuriate me mildly. I also cannot guage how much an action will affect other people.

3. You're not primarily bossy. My ESFp brother is a bit more forceful in matters of money. Like he will treat that person who you described to a fun time with "no I can't buy a 3 dollar drink. We have stuff at home." I mentioned that I get more than what I'd get at home, we don't have coffee. Still similar, and I have to analyze his logic and pick out the flaws to justify myself, which is okay, but also inefficient. Now for a comparison, you'd probably acquiesce pretty early on.

Because I like to cover myself, if you're husband is ILI, then you're going to get the behavior you see. Because ILI is going to be like you, and not be as forceful when asking for money for a thing. It'll force you to double check. Just do it quickly and move on. You're fine, didn't break him, and this is normal. So essentially, they're the most careful, safest, people on the planet. ISTp are even more safe, but both are likely to accidentally imply you're an idiot to the wrong person at the wrong time. That's entirely hypothetical though, you're not. I assume you're fine with how I do it. How they'd do it is by saying you should go run on the treadmill. It's useful if you know what they're saying, and know they know better than you, which I do. So I can theoretically ask for valuable insight, and learn from it what my core issues are at the moment and grow. That's a whole other topic. ESTj are also similar to me, but they're a lot more unaware of the consequences of their actions. I'm constantly hedging for whether what I say might cause problems by checking it for insulting information. INTp does not do that unless forced. It's a lot easier for me now, now that I know what constitutes as insulting. Woo!

Fun fact, it used to be inefficient for me to prune my sentences, cause I didn't know at all what was good or bad in conversations, so I'd very arbitrarily say good enough, and cut out a ton of information that's actually useful and good and leave in a ton of insulting information. Fancy right? Also, when I say insulting, I don't mean it personally, I mean it can be interpreted as an insult. English is a language with a lot of words with dual meaning.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discuss

"Used to be bossier"

The whole scenario sounds more like the aftermath of having to deal with an overbearing control freak every day for an extended period of time, to be honest.

Or maybe SEEs are just bosses, you know?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many times, what people try to attribute to typology is merely a personal failing.

As for SEE and being bossy, the SEE will be bossy in areas they perceive are their expertise due to the interplay of Se and Te (and this is usually in practical matters), and will know when to back down when facing someone with more knowledge than them. Se is adept at recognising power dynamics.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ejs tend to look for confirmation as part of their normal rationalization processes but this doesn't detract from their need to be in control; see what happens when Ep-partners say "no" once too often. I can see why Eps would get annoyed with this peculiarity but they shouldn't mistaken it as a sign of relinquished control. However, if Eps assume from this that they're the boss then good because they hate to feel controlled......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEEs push for what they want. You might see it as bossy but I think it’s noble for someone to know what they want and fight for it. Honestly I find Ejs way more bossy just because they impose on other people more. Eps are pretty unconcerned with what OTHER people do and just look out for themselves.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a strong leadership streak, but I'm not super bossy. I have highly focused energy and know how to get things done on my own. It's much faster and more efficient (Te HA) to just do things myself than to deal with explaining them to slow people. I am a horrible teacher and an excellent doer, so why boss people?

Leading people has always been natural. I don't have to fight for such a position. I have magnetism, energy and direction, so people gravitate to my projects.

My husband is LSI but most of the people that end up working with us are ILI. We have three close friends who are ILI at this moment, all working in closest contact with me on the same project. I find duality is wonderful for a working relationship but I am romantically attracted to LSI's. My husband and I have excellent communication. Nothing is missing. When it comes to these projects, he and I usually work together and have our own dialogue, then present to the group as a kind of 'unit' although our presentation styles and focii are very different. We have visions for what the point of it is (him) and how it needs to get done (me). The ILI's weave new webs into the projects, branching out into the beyond - and I take these webs of brilliance and say, "Here's what we'll do - I'll build a forum/ a video project/ a website" - whatever - and then I get to work and act fast, with vision and artistry. My husband keeps it focused and helps advise me on rules of conduct, categories etc. - and this gives the ILI's a platform to expand their insights. But I am the most visible "leader" and "doer."
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fresh meat View Post
    SEEs push for what they want. You might see it as bossy but I think it’s noble for someone to know what they want and fight for it. Honestly I find Ejs way more bossy just because they impose on other people more. Eps are pretty unconcerned with what OTHER people do and just look out for themselves.
    AHH I love this! Somehow I missed it when I had written my own post, right underneath yours - but I basically expressed the same sentiment. Well put.
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----