User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hello!

  1. #1

    Wink Hello!

    I'm somewhat new to Socionics. I just finished studying MBTI and I stumbled across Socionics. I decided to look into it.

    I'm not sure of my type yet.

  2. #2
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,608
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    welcome
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  3. #3
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sup

  4. #4
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    ILI sp5
    Posts
    391
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    sup

    Best to start from scratch when typing yourself in socionics. There exist correlations between the two systems, but they use different definitions.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,334
    Mentioned
    933 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    type in MBTI is the same in Socionics. if you correctly typed yourself there
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    type in MBTI is the same in Socionics. if you correctly typed yourself there
    No it isn't lmao

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    type in MBTI is the same in Socionics. if you correctly typed yourself there
    1. They're different concepts, yeah you can link them up but they're different

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,334
    Mentioned
    933 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    They're different concepts
    it's one Jung's typology and the both use the same dichotomies

    read Socionics texts about dichotomies and look in tests to understand it
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    605
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    it's one Jung's typology and the both use the same dichotomies

    read Socionics texts about dichotomies and look in tests to understand it
    They're different concepts still
    Your original point was same MBTI type = same socionics type which just isn't true, there are so many examples and patterns which denounce this.


    Let's leave it at that imo, there's no need to argue we disagree I guess. It's my fault in the first place I guess. This is a introduction thread for the new and fresh user @WiredPennies, I think keeping it that way would be great .

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GammavsBeta View Post
    They're different concepts still
    Your original point was same MBTI type = same socionics type which just isn't true, there are so many examples and patterns which denounce this.


    Let's leave it at that imo, there's no need to argue we disagree I guess. It's my fault in the first place I guess. This is a introduction thread for the new and fresh user @WiredPennies, I think keeping it that way would be great .
    I do somewhat agree with @GammavsBeta because although MBTI and Socionics have some similarities, they have differences. For example, the opposite type for ENTP would be ISFJ, which can be gained by reversing the letters (E becomes I, N becomes S, etc.) but in Socionics that doesn't happen.

    I'm bad at explaining so sorry if this got confusing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •