User Tag List

Thread: Hello to the people of the16types

Default Hello to the people of the16types

After lurking since January 2019, I decided to introduce myself now and to contribute to discussions. I hope to get to know and learn from other members. My ultimate lifelong aims are to uncover my true self and to understand people at heart. Typology is one of the means that I'm using besides social science, psychology, religion, and philosophy.

I am a final year university student majoring in economics. Last Saturday, I submitted a 50 page thesis on movie piracy. I enjoyed classes in business strategy because I like coming up with a course of action to solve practical problems. Post graduation, I'll intern at a consulting firm for 3 months. God willing it will extend into a full-time offer pending my performance. Besides work, I look forward to reading more books (social science, psychology, philosophy, science fiction) and becoming more physically active in the coming months. I enjoy playing the piano, catching up with friends, sports (soccer, basketball, swimming, wall-climbing), and writing out my thoughts in a stream of consciousness way before my mind becomes "overcrowded" and "cloudy".

I heard about Socionics from the Jungian Typology reddit thread, which I found after lurking intermittently on the MBTI thread for the last 2 years. When I was in 8th grade, I was introduced to MBTI by my English teacher who made the class take a test from human metrics.com (This site overtypes people as INXX, so it was no surprise that I tested as INFJ because I thought I was more contemplative, intellectually curious, and emotionally sensitive than my peers). My teacher predicted that I would test as INFJ because I displayed a great concern for global issues and for exploring and expressing my real self as a 13 years old. Now I hope to clarify the differences between socionics and MBTI, to evaluate the two systems based on my cognition and behavioral patterns and my observations of people I know, and to understand concepts.

I'm still figuring out my type by reading articles on wikisocion.net, reflecting on my life, and taking tests but I have a suspicion that will be more solidly confirmed as I learn more about socionics and who I am.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sup
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello I wish you success in your mission.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Greetings!