I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Using strong unvalued functions on purpose

Do you feel like laughing or mockering someone who requests information concerning your strong unvalued functions?
    I don't know if it relates to this, but sometimes I can't help but laugh. I mean, I'm not looking down on them or anything, I just feel an uncontrolable urge to laugh, and I keep talking and laughing and some may interpret this as being mean and sarcastic, and I feel bad for it, because I'm being honest in what I'm saying.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’re reading into it too literally lol. Wtf is this.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    You’re reading into it too literally lol. Wtf is this.
    To be more precise, it is more like an internal laughter that can somewhat be perceived by the other person. It doesn't happen anymore because I'm being humble, but too much unvalued output makes me want to laugh

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No I just try to understand their mind and how it works so that I can prepare to help them the best way that I can
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    To be more precise, it is more like an internal laughter that can somewhat be perceived by the other person. It doesn't happen anymore because I'm being humble, but too much unvalued output makes me want to laugh
    Ur weird man

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, that would make me so weirded out if somene was explaining something Teish to me and couldnt keep from laughing about what he's saying...

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, but give an example of something that made you laugh pls.
    Tbh, one IEI that I know do this and its obnoxious. But Si stuff that's poorly done makes me laugh. But probably not if asked. Or mb. Like if someone ask me something absurd it would be funny. I'm thinking in small kids who are innocent and ask funny stuff. But not sure if thats similar at what you refer to.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this reminds me of some episodes from the office.. or one of those british nonsense things..

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    No, but give an example of something that made you laugh pls.
    Tbh, one IEI that I know do this and its obnoxious. But Si stuff that's poorly done makes me laugh. But probably not if asked. Or mb. Like if someone ask me something absurd it would be funny. I'm thinking in small kids who are innocent and ask funny stuff. But not sure if thats similar at what you refer to.
    That's exactly like kids asking funny stuff, somewhat innocent or absurd stuff, that you think is not important but tries to give it a try to explain.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    this reminds me of some episodes from the office.. or one of those british nonsense things..
    Someone once asked me if she could do something she's not good at, but at the same time, it wasn't important to me how much she was good at that and how she would perfom (but it is important to her for some reason), and I had to explain why she shouldn't do that in public. My eyes started looking sarcastic and I tried to hide my emotions, but she realized that and gave an unconscious aggressive look at me. And I stopped talking about that, and I felt bad afterwards. This happens a lot to that girl, and I have to be cautious, and take her seriously.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... and you think that stuff was Te? what kind of things did she ask help in?

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    hmm... and you think that stuff was Te? what kind of things did she ask help in?
    It wasn't Te. I believe it was Ne related since it was about her potential in performing as a maestro in a little choir. But it happened also in other situations that I can't remember right now.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.. well that's making me laugh as well.. some years ago my dad came up with a crazy idea of design, and asked us fam to judge it and collaborate... and I found it so so so absurd... I laughed so much at his idea (poor daddy), it was really so naive and lovely... I couldnt keep myself, it was so poorly realized, but it was one hella great idea... and he put so much effort in that, and I couldn't keep myself :/

I know what you mean...