I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Social mission of IEIs

What contributions can IEIs give to the world right now? How can they be useful in the short-term? What kind of service could an IEI start doing right now with NiFe (or just Ni)?
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 04-30-2019 at 01:26 AM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Reality is a canvas Ni imposes its imagination/inner world upon so what IEI brings to the world is typically a revolution in some form.

NiFe converts inner worlds into new modes of expression...NiTe converts inner worlds into new modes of thought.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

to bring beliefs in unicorns

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Funny

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    Funny
    EII confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Without beliefs humanity would still be in caves scratching rocks together.
    sure. only unicorns may save the humanity

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure. only unicorns may save the humanity
    Everything that we are comes from everything we were. Believing in the impossible is what gave us the force necessary to obtain it.

Dreaming up the hunt made the hunt successful. Maybe the animal came towards the arrow and not the arrow towards the animal?

It sounds like non-sense, but can you be sure it’s not?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without beliefs humanity would still be in caves scratching rocks together.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This actually reminds me of one of my favourite scenes from movies and books:

All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY
    "The Hogfather" by T. Pratchett.

You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Reality is a canvas Ni imposes its imagination/inner world upon so what IEI brings to the world is typically a revolution in some form.

NiFe converts inner worlds into new modes of expression...NiTe converts inner worlds into new modes of thought.
    Ur nife is really fi se or fi ne

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Make sure SLE consider others and to do things on time lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I hope an LSE makes sure u wont get banned

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    I hope an LSE makes sure u wont get banned
    You’re a very small person if somehow you think that getting banned from this place matters at all.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You’re a very small person if somehow you think that getting banned from this place matters at all
    Oh shit

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You’re a very small person if somehow you think that getting banned from this place matters at all.
    What function is that?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What function is that?
    Idk genius you tell me
    -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if they secretly enjoy it that SLE does not play by the rules and consider others?

The time thing is a non-starter. Everything in its time.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take this stuff too seriously, it's about as accurate and useful as astrology.

But then again some people on here think astrology is very accurate and useful.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Don't take this stuff too seriously, it's about as accurate and useful as astrology.

And some pretend they dont think its useful but they still stick around

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

And some pretend they dont think its useful but they still stick around
    What function is this everybody????

Don’t you have anything better to do than to pretend to be ESTP?
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What function is this everybody????
    Idk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post

There's a lot more depth and information in typology than astrology. There's also many theories out there. I'm not saying any of them are 100% true but there's a clear difference between typology and astrology.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI are sadists for affecting ppl emotionally w their creations (and excel at it) so that prolly has smth to do with it

think sylvia plath and edgar allen poe. i think neil gaiman is another IEI writer as well
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Too much crack babe

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sequential memory and value judgements. IEI is top tier at making subjective evaluations on actions and juxtaposing them with ideals.

If theres any social mission IEI is particularly equipped to handle, its adapting themselves into a good person adhering to their ideals. However, thats only true if theyre strong enough to honestly confront themselves about the negatives they bring into the world with their actions. Most people(IEIs included) are not.

TL;DR - Embodying the character of someone who makes the world a better place, for others to learn from.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Sequential memory and value judgements. IEI is top tier at making subjective evaluations on actions and juxtaposing them with ideals.

If theres any social mission IEI is particularly equipped to handle, its adapting themselves into a good person adhering to their ideals. However, thats only true if theyre strong enough to honestly confront themselves about the negatives they bring into the world with their actions. Most people(IEIs included) are not.

TL;DR - Embodying the character of someone who makes the world a better place, for others to learn from.
    great stuff. I call this mission the cross that IEI carry.

Ghandi, IEI, said:

happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

It sounds like Fi value statement on the surface with ever increasing ideals with convictions, but it’s really more about Ni Fe, because it doesn’t say anything about the content of those harmonies, like pity, understanding, compassion, empathy, moral certitude which would make it more about Fi convictions, only the act of doing it is crucial. Although all types can feel those convictions. The point here is harmony of that inside world and as IEI age they see that mission as important in conjunction with their outside world situation if they are inclined to do so. Screwing up, or drifting gets you no where.

I think beta NFS suffer particularly strongly with this knowledge of themselves in totality stretching from childhood onwards and trying to merge that with reality. See sequential memory.

I think this is why efforts at self betterment are both celebrated and ignored by beta STs. Celebrated because they are not over concerned or focused on the people around them level of worldly successes in The material realm: the ST can handle that themselves. So weaknesses here from IEI are taken as triumphs when small worldly tasks or big ones get accomplished. What STs really need is a side kick that makes them happy. Its not complicated. Which leads into why betterment is ignored, because SLEs take up a big block of attention and energy and having your own projects with your own life that takes away time and energy away from them would be against this basic program. This is even accented in greater degree in SLE female and IEI male relationships.
    Last edited by Finaplex; 04-30-2019 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

thats Fi lead

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats Fi lead
    No it isn't, his description is a very good one of IEI imo

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    Nope

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Too much crack babe

thats Fi lead

*takes another hit off the crack pipe*

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What contributions can IEIs give to the world right now? How can they be useful on the short-term? What kind of service could an IEI start doing right now with NiFe (or just Ni)?
    I honestly suggest re-thinking your type.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    Not sure about that particular user but I can say the same for a few of the users who have commented on here

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
    Man, I do it all the time

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, I do it all the time
    Dw about it , everyone who comes across the surface of typology struggles with that, it takes time to come to a conclusion. I re think my type all the time too and I'm not fully confident on IEI either.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It differs depending on factors definitely.

Very likely that IEIs are from the NF temperament in MBTI, so you'll see usual NF behaviours i.e high standards of being a good person, strong ideals, desire to believe in those ideals and stand up for them.

In the short term, IEIs can provide kindness, upholding their high standards, a sparkling human and a wonderful imagination. Some people mistype IEIs as EIIs when an IEI stands up for their ideal as this conflicts with socio Fe.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It differs depending on factors definitely.

Very likely that IEIs are from the NF temperament in MBTI, so you'll see usual NF behaviours i.e high standards of being a good person, strong ideals, desire to believe in those ideals and stand up for them.

In the short term, IEIs can provide kindness, upholding their high standards, a sparkling human and a wonderful imagination. Some people mistype IEIs as EIIs when an IEI stands up for their ideal as this conflicts with socio Fe.

I hope this explanation makes sense.
    Makes a lot of sense

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both IEI and EII are called fawning lackeys by the other. (Socionics Russian literature) Maybe that is their social roles.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great stuff. I call this mission the cross that IEI carry.

Ghandi, IEI, said:

happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

It sounds like Fi value statement on the surface with ever increasing ideals with convictions, but it’s really more about Ni Fe, because it doesn’t say anything about the content of those harmonies, like pity, understanding, compassion, empathy, moral certitude which would make it more about Fi convictions, only the act of doing it is crucial. Although all types can feel those convictions. The point here is harmony of that inside world and as IEI age they see that mission as important in conjunction with their outside world situation if they are inclined to do so. Screwing up, or drifting gets you no where.

I think beta NFS suffer particularly strongly with this knowledge of themselves in totality stretching from childhood onwards and trying to merge that with reality. See sequential memory.

I think this is why efforts at self betterment are both celebrated and ignored by beta STs. Celebrated because they are not over concerned or focused on the people around them level of worldly successes in The material realm: the ST can handle that themselves. So weaknesses here from IEI are taken as triumphs when small worldly tasks or big ones get accomplished. What STs really need is a side kick that makes them happy. Its not complicated. Which leads into why betterment is ignored, because SLEs take up a big block of attention and energy and having your own projects with your own life that takes away time and energy away from them would be against this basic program. This is even accented in greater degree in SLE female and IEI male relationships.
    Both IEI and EII are called fawning lackeys by the other. (Socionics Russian literature) Maybe that is their social roles.
    Generally I like what these posts are saying but I’m not sure I need someone to just fawn over me all the time. That’s probably more like LSE. It could be a subtype thing or whatever, but I value ambition and success a lot in men (and women) I’ve realized. I need to have relationships that are centered around supporting each other in achieving these ambitions, and where self-betterment is a necessity. I’m always attracted to people who are trying and in the middle of achieving big scale dreams from relatively somewhat humble beginnings. What I don’t care about I suppose are unique artistic projects; I mean no problem if it’s what other people are into, it’s just not personally attractive for me.

However, I do think it’s true that I take up a lot of “space” and need a lot of space... idk how else to put it. Someone who uses and takes up a lot of space and energy too is burn-outy for me. A relationship can be maintained but there needs to be lots of space between us.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Generally I like what these posts are saying but I’m not sure I need someone to just fawn over me all the time. That’s probably more like LSE. It could be a subtype thing or whatever, but I value ambition and success a lot in men (and women) I’ve realized.
    Here is the quote from a VK socionics site:

"In conflict dyads there is an almost identical view of the opposing dyad, which goes something like this:

Zhukov and Esenin vs. Stirlitz and Dostoevsky

Us: the almighty god of Olympus and his favorite kind gentle pussy.
    Them: a cruel tyrant and his useless fawning lackey.

"

I see the IEI as a more gang tagalong version of a fawney lackey. The court jester. Or the mysterious hot girl that gets everyone.

The LSE EII version is more about the project managers right hand man/woman.

Both versions basically play 'the bestie' role.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast