Hybrid View

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default EII and Ni

“So this is how I’m good with Ni but do not put pressure on my LSE husband’s Ni POLR

Yesterday we had to pick up my mil from the airport.

One day before both him and my LSE mil are panicking about flight times and arrival. I double check the airline is still scheduled to fly out at 7:49

On the phone at 3:45 I speak to my husband. I tell him “babe please spend time with Baby when you get home”
    He gets home at 6:00 (I gat home at 5)spends an hour with baby
    He says he’s tired so after an hour decides to nap.
    I am tracking time. At 8:15 I start to wake him up in a gentle way “baby we have to go get mom you should probably get ready to go”
    He’s up at 8:30 feeling rushed and already rushing me. I tell him it’s not good time to leave now please spend half an hour with baby.
    He gets tense and frustrated feeling the constraints of time. I am completely calm and my mind is on the plane. In my mind I am tracking the plane in the air.
    I calm my husband down by confirming that the flight is on time.
    My mind is tracking the airplane movement in the air as he is panicking
    I try to reassure him that by the time we get there it will be perfect timing.
    He really gets panicked and at 9:05 I say it’s time to leave now.
    I am still tracking the movement of the plane and we get to the airport at 10:03 we are 5 minutes early. I tell my husband that she just came out to the terminal and I look at the time it’s 10:07. Perfect we pick her up on time and because of my calmness he is calm too

he wanted to leave half an hour early to be there super early but the major problem with LAX is that airport police will not let you park at the curb to wait for your loved one and my husband will not pay money to park so he would have to drive in circles in very bad traffic for 35 minutes and that would have killed him. Not considering all these details and his own feelings in frustrated situations like heavy traffic and feeling frustrated at pushy/aggressive drivers he didn't also foresee how he would FEEL and what frustrations would arise out of driving around for 35 minutes in circles. That would have made him a very grumpy bear. By waiting for the right time to act (Ni types seem to have their hands on time and details), at least for momentarily I was able to get him to avoid frustrations/act in time/make a smooth transition.”
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-24-2021 at 05:52 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, what part of this is Ni?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Being aware of movement of events in time as not to be late and rush. It’s what IEI criticize LSE for

“This, of course, refers to the problematic aspect of LSE: Ni – "intuition of time". The IEI will point out that the LSE is lagging behind on all counts, that he misses everything and is late everywhere, even if the LSE tries to avoid this with all his efforts.”
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    the timestamps come on

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Perfect we pick her up on time and because of my calmness he is calm too

Oh Maritsa. That is so heteronormativically (Yes it is a word 'cuz I just made it up) saccharine-y sweet that I puked in my mouth just a little.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anything, LSE's are not late, but early. The problem with LSE Ni-PoLR is not in lack in timing skills, but their lack in insight into the cause-and-effect of phenomena, not always overseeing the consequences of their decisions. Because of that, they sometimes set the wrong priorities and miss the target. Ultimately this is usually the result of their Mobilizing Ne: picking the wrong option.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    If anything, LSE's are not late, but early. The problem with LSE Ni-PoLR is not in lack in timing skills, but their lack in insight into the cause-and-effect of phenomena, not always overseeing the consequences of their decisions. Because of that, they sometimes set the wrong priorities and miss the target. Ultimately this is usually the result of their Mobilizing Ne: picking the wrong option.
    he wanted to leave half an hour early to be there super early but the major problem with LAX is that airport police will not let you park at the curb to wait for your loved one and my husband will not pay money to park so he would have to drive in circles in very bad traffic for 35 minutes and that would have killed him. Not considering all these details and his own feelings in frustrated situations like heavy traffic and feeling frustrated at pushy/aggressive drivers he didn't also foresee how he would FEEL and what frustrations would arise out of driving around for 35 minutes in circles. That would have made him a very grumpy bear. By waiting for the right time to act (Ni types seem to have their hands on time and details), at least for momentarily I was able to get him to avoid frustrations/act in time/make a smooth transition.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-27-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

right he was unable to see what he would feel like driving in traffic at LAX for 35 minutes. He just wanted to be on time
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-27-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen! This explains well what I have seen in person.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1333240
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@consentingadult, this is very insightful. It explains many of the characteristics that I see in LSE’s, like the fact that they seem blind to the future, they don’t always connect the dots, and they really want a user manual for life to make sure that they are doing things correctly.

For the record, I see a lot of this same behavior in SLI’s, too. They seem to gather resources to defend themselves against an uncertain future, and still manage to frequently choose courses of action that lead to poor outcomes that were perfectly foreseeable.
    Or perhaps I should say, their chosen actions lead to outcomes which were on highly likely paths.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @consentingadult, this is very insightful. It explains many of the characteristics that I see in LSE’s, like the fact that they seem blind to the future, they don’t always connect the dots, and they really want a user manual for life to make sure that they are doing things correctly.

For the record, I see a lot of this same behavior in SLI’s, too. They seem to gather resources to defend themselves against an uncertain future, and still manage to frequently choose courses of action that lead to poor outcomes that were perfectly foreseeable.
    Or perhaps I should say, their chosen actions lead to outcomes which were on highly likely paths.
    I agree, but there is a difference in the poor outcomes for LSEs and SLIs: where LSEs tend to screw up undertakings of a more material nature, SLIs screw up in undertakings of a social nature (i.e. alienating people).
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE are not blind to their future. They know in general terms what will happen and often they are right. It's the course of events that lead to it.

They fear unexpected things that might come up that they did not see coming their way.
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The problem with LSE Ni-PoLR is not in lack in timing skills, but their lack in insight into the cause-and-effect of phenomena, not always overseeing the consequences of their decisions.
    cause-and-effect is calculated by logics
    it's perceived as hard and alien to use weak nonvalued functions. but possibly and those are used in serious cases

the problems with weak nonvalued functions on the example of Ni:
    weak: the lack of feeling the time, bad prognosis of how long something may take
    nonvalued: no wish even to think about time and future much

LSE tend to make plans, but any unexpected change or the lack of discipline may lead to problem with being late and those plans are not so accurate to expect influences. generally, LSE try overcome that by additional time and resources in plans "for any case"
    the relation of LSEs to plans and duties: I do what I have to do and be what will be. where events are calculated by logics, what is not enough often. we do not trust to concrete outcomes often, - this needs higher than in average for other people efforts. do not understand good and do not control good the flow of events - what is Ni region. we may to use Ni good - but it's harder and lesser usual for us than for N types and mb Ni valued ones. experienced LSE study to use weak functions as Ni better, but it mb not stable anyway.

as for EIIs
    they do not say directly "anything will be good" or "I have bad feelings about that" alike Ni types would, as LSE would ask logical arguments and ignore the rest. they are just calm and we calm near them, smile and arise our optimism, may use other functions to argument their Ni feeling. also they stimulate us in general and our weak functions what makes easier to use them

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    cause-and-effect is calculated by logics
    it's perceived as hard and alien to use weak nonvalued functions. but possibly and those are used in serious cases

the problems with weak nonvalued functions on the example of Ni:
    weak: the lack of feeling the time, bad prognosis of how long something may take
    nonvalued: no wish even to think about time and future much

LSE tend to make plans, but any unexpected change or the lack of discipline may lead to problem with being late and those plans are not so accurate to expect influences. generally, LSE try overcome that by additional time and resources in plans "for any case"
    the relation of LSEs to plans and duties: I do what I have to do and be what will be. where events are calculated by logics, what is not enough often. we do not trust to concrete outcomes often, - this needs higher than in average for other people efforts. do not understand good and do not control good the flow of events - what is Ni region. we may to use Ni good - but it's harder and lesser usual for us than for N types and mb Ni valued ones. experienced LSE study to use weak functions as Ni better, but it mb not stable anyway.

as for EIIs
    they do not say directly "anything will be good" or "I have bad feelings about that" alike Ni types would, as LSE would ask logical arguments and ignore the rest. they are just calm and we calm near them, smile and arise our optimism, may use other functions to argument their Ni feeling. also they stimulate us in general and our weak functions what makes easier to use them
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, I wrote a blog about The Ne mobilizing/Ni-PoLR of LSEs a few years ago:

https://mavericksocionics.blogspot.c...-and-polr.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Flow of events controlled and regulated smoothly.

You should have heard the panic of my LSE mother in law on the phone
    "Do we need to call the airline to confirm the flight?"
    No mom, you are a priority customer, which means you have an assigned seat and you are all ready to go.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here’s another example of how ESTJ no understanding the flow of events

My husband starts listing off a plan this weekend

“I will go to the cabin this Friday, Saturday go to the meeting, clean up the house, do the laundry there (lots of laundry needs to be done); go to the boat on Sunday then come pick you and baby up and go to moms.” Already so many things to do are causing him a bit of anxiety.
    I’m listening to this saying “honey just do one thing and do it well whether that is dedicating the time to the laundry or to the cleaning. I feel that the laundry is more critical. Stay at the cabin this weekend!”

Him: no I want to be with my family

Me: okay how about skip the boat this Sunday (the drive back and forth, the traffic will be bad) and we can go to the boat as a family next weekend.”

He wants to do all these things but he doesn’t understand sometimes the traffic will consume a lot of time and he will show up tired and frustrated.

This is what an IEI friend observed in her LSE husband

“Example, we are going to my dads. He is thinking we are almost out of gas, we will be late, then we will have to stay later, he will be anxious and annoyed.”

I’m just calmer and less critical when faced with tough circumstances. I guide and navigate often saying “see things turned out well despite small matters.”

So after all of this he calls me mid afternoon and says "I cleaned the fridge, my car, put in two loads of laundry still have 6 to go, etc ..I don't think we're going to be able to make the drive up to mom, after all of this I'm going to be tired and another long drive like that I don't want to do it. I'm over it."

Of course I saw all this happening and I just listen patiently.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-27-2019 at 09:06 PM. Reason: additions
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

These are outside observations.

Reality is that ESTJ can see the flow. The issue is that they see it exactly and then they can't get out of what they 'know' will happen.

Those who can use Ni can get out of it because we want to avoid the danger ahead of time
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post

Reality is that ESTJ can see the flow. The issue is that they see it exactly and then they can't get out of what they 'know' will happen.

Those who can use Ni can get out of it because we want to avoid the danger ahead of time
    Sounds spot on to me

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post

I do not agree, they don't see the flow, they see an outcome and then try to work their way to that outcome as efficiently as possible. It is more an effect of Mobilizing-Ne, of badly interpreting the possibilities and choosing the wrong one, or ignoring other possibilities because they are in such a hurry to realize the option already chosen, in the process violating aspects related to Ni, which is their PoLR.

In Sociology there is an adagio saying: every change for the better always has unintended, unforeseen and undesired side effects. It is in the nature of LSE to completely ignore these, even if they are warned for it. Unless, apparently, they are warned by an EII. The basic reason for their problems is, stubbornly opinionated as they are, that deep inside (and usually also quite openly) they are too much inclined to think that other people are usually crazy and therefore wrong. They typically already have an idea how to solve a problem even before the problem is there, if you get what I mean: they have it all figured out.
    Last edited by consentingadult; 04-28-2019 at 07:41 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I do not agree, they don't see the flow, they see an outcome and then try to work their way to that outcome as efficiently as possible. It is more an effect of Mobilizing-Ne, of badly interpreting the possibilities and choosing the wrong one, or ignoring other possibilities because they are in such a hurry to realize the option already chosen, in the process violating aspects related to Ni, which is their PoLR.

In Sociology there is an adagio saying: every change for the better always has unintended, unforeseen and undesired side effects. It is in the nature of LSE to completely ignore these, even if they are warned for it. Unless, apparently, they are warned by an EII. The basic reason for their problems is, stubbornly opinionated as they are, that deep inside (and usually also quite openly) they are too much inclined to think that other people are usually crazy and therefore wrong. They typically already have an idea how to solve a problem even before the problem is there, if you get what I mean: they have it all figured out.
    Well I wish i could get a self type LSE to respond because I disagree with you but I'm not going to ask them. You are not seeing the whole picture of how this works here by disagreeing with me. I disagree with you.
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the key to understanding Mobilizing Ne:

Basically, when ILEs or IEEs see possibilities (i.e. 'alternative configurations') in a phenomenon, what they see is which non-essential things of the phenomenon can be removed or substituted by other non-essential things to arrive at the realization of another possibility. The non-essential aspects of the phenomenon are translated into variables that can be experimented with. These variables can take on values within a certain bandwidth, which is set by the essence of the phenomenon, i.e. the phenomenon does not just take on possibilities, but also impossibilities.
    The problem with LSEs is that they do not see the variables, they only see constants. Since they do not anticipate variables, they can't anticipate that decisions made at the start of and during the route can steer the process towards other outcomes, or towards unintended and undesired side effects. Their Ne thus violates Ni related aspects.

This is why LSEs are good operational managers, but lousy tactical and strategic managers. They should stick to applications that are suited to tried-and-tested operations.

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.co...hat-is-ne.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So this is a picture of my Ni, weak will etch

year 2000 I approach a coworker
    Me: J you should consider getting an IRA retirement plan
    J: I'll think about it

year 2004 I approach J
    Me: you know J I think you'll be here a long time because you are so valuable. I hate for you to miss out on this opportunity of accumulated savings. It's easy to start an account. I can help
    J: I'll take to my husband

year 2009 I approach J
    Me: J, I'm very concerned about your financial health for when you retire; I promise you won't see a difference in your pay if you participate
    J: yeah I probably should
    Me: ok, let me know when you are ready

Year 2018 I approach J
    Me: J, I know I've been bringing it up but I'm very concerned that you're missing out on all these benefits because you haven't participated. I can help you get start. I'm here for you
    J: okay maybe this coming year

Year 2019 I approach J
    Me: J, I have an application if you want to do the IRA
    J: can you run the numbers for me?
    Me: sure! (I run the numbers and give her the application, she has already missed out on $65,000 in retirement money)

Year 2019 March
    Me: J, have you filled out the application?
    J: yes, here M. Thank you for looking out for my future.
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am attending the funeral of my EIE cousin and I’m meeting dozens of her family members and friends whom I’ve never seen before.

One of her sons is LIE and is married to a very demure and attractive EII. Since most of the people at the funeral seemed to be Alphas, I spent a large amount of time talking to the EII. (I tried talking to some Alphas but seemed to invariably repel them.)

I asked the EII how she and her LIE husband met. She said they met in a Bible study group, and at first, she didn’t think there was anything special about him, but then gradually thought that there was.

They are semi-duals, not Duals, and I was tired after a very long day and so I simply opened my mouth and said “One step away from perfection.” And then realized that I had just made a completely assholian statement.

But no. She wasn’t looking for Ni and instead smiled with a genuine sweetness, looked up and to her right, and said with pure earnestness, “Yes, I think so.”

Thank goodness she believes in God.

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am attending the funeral of my EIE cousin and I’m meeting dozens of her family members and friends whom I’ve never seen before.

One of her sons is LIE and is married to a very demure and attractive EII. Since most of the people at the funeral seemed to be Alphas, I spent a large amount of time talking to the EII. (I tried talking to some Alphas but seemed to invariably repel them.)

I asked the EII how she and her LIE husband met. She said they met in a Bible study group, and at first, she didn’t think there was anything special about him, but then gradually thought that there was.

They are semi-duals, not Duals, and I was tired after a very long day and so I simply opened my mouth and said “One step away from perfection.” And then realized that I had just made a completely assholian statement.

But no. She wasn’t looking for Ni and instead smiled with a genuine sweetness, looked up and to her right, and said with pure earnestness, “Yes, I think so.”

Thank goodness she believes in God.
    Well one step away from perfection doesn't sound too bad a place to end, only bad to those who would continue digging a hole forever to find the best possible for themselves.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an example of confusing demo Ni with valued Ni https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1487012

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, scheduling, I do that. In fact, I have one more day to clean the house before everything collapses. We'll see if I do it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the original post, I do not understand an EII not wanting to leave early in case of unforeseen circumstances unless the car is new with run-flat tires and there are accessible traffic cams all the way to the airport. Now I could understand when the pick-up is not given priority. Maybe there is something to the theory of partners freeing themselves up from certain worries that they would normally put themselves through because they know that their duals will do it for them. I know that I don't but I didn't find my dual until much later in life.

a.k.a. I/O