Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subtype influence on suggestive, mobilizing and role function

Hello,

I was using lately, for fun and conceptualizing this tool:
    https://www.sociotype.com/tools/#Int...hip-Calculator

and basically results seems to indicate, that the same subtype (rational or not) for duality pair provides better compatibility.
    However in my experience it is opposite: as LSI-Ti (I think) I feel much more comfortable around EIE-Ni and IEI-Fe than around EIE-Fe. The attractions with EIE-Fe is really hard to resist but then things are awkward and uncomfortable and I think he would want make me much more Se... And it is even more awkward when I smoother his sharp judgments. It is super weird to make an ethical type more... ethical. It makes me wonder:
    1) do you think, that f.e. being strong Ti-lead = more intensive Fe-search? And more dislike of an opposite, Te? (I think Te clashes with Fe and Ti clashes with Fi somehow). But why I seem to prefer that Fe when people have it in creative? Does it make sense?
    2) what about motivation function? From what I have read I understand that as LSI-Ti I’d theoretically have stronger Ni and I feel it’s 100% correct assumption – does it mean I also seek more after Se? Or opposite, Se types are always going to be a bit too pushy?
    3) if f.e. introverted subtype have next introverted (I like MBTI order) function bumped up, what about role function? Is it also stronger in such case? I think I have noticed that EIE-Fe is super ambitious, almost Te way. And I guess I’m more Fi-interested than LSI-Se would be. Or not?

Sorry to put my thoughts in frame of LSI-EIE but I wonder about subtype influence on dual seeking mechanism. I hope the problem is understandable when described so. I merrily assume I type everyone correctly so please about generalized opinions.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p types attract j types and versa vice, nothing new. socionics should change.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both dualities work, but different subtype is better

TIM
    EIE-Fe or IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right, after considering https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/subtypes/ I figured I have for a moment misstyped these guys I know. It is true EIE-Fe will have stronger Se agenda but weaker Te role. An we seek for what we have weaker. Explains like everything to me. Theory works, tool works, case closed. Sorry people.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you expand? by the theory, it should be the contrary. reality is just different...

theory says that there are inert (base function) and contact (creative) subtypes. the 2 subtypes will enhance all the elements in the same column. if you're a EIE-Fe, your Si-Se-Fi will be boosted too. this means that Ti will be quite weaker than normal, and as you said, you will look more for that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I like both Most LSE regardless of “subtype “ theory. To my observation there’s no clear subtype. To me there are just more angry difficult to deal with LSE who have not grown up, surrendered to Christ, seek to have things predictable through control, so many types of LSE. My husband was the quintessential Te subtype-difficult... until a motorcycle accident and his experience with God took him to another direction (made a whole different man out of him).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the only subtypes which have sense in Socionics and Jung's types is the difference in functions' strenght and balance
    the problems are: there are no good methods to identify subtypes and no theory to have a significant use from them

all other is not this typology but external traits. which also can be bs

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilamatecuhtli View Post
    Hello,

I was using lately, for fun and conceptualizing this tool:
    https://www.sociotype.com/tools/#Int...hip-Calculator

and basically results seems to indicate, that the same subtype (rational or not) for duality pair provides better compatibility.
    However in my experience it is opposite: as LSI-Ti (I think) I feel much more comfortable around EIE-Ni and IEI-Fe than around EIE-Fe. The attractions with EIE-Fe is really hard to resist but then things are awkward and uncomfortable and I think he would want make me much more Se... And it is even more awkward when I smoother his sharp judgments. It is super weird to make an ethical type more... ethical. It makes me wonder:
    1) do you think, that f.e. being strong Ti-lead = more intensive Fe-search? And more dislike of an opposite, Te? (I think Te clashes with Fe and Ti clashes with Fi somehow). But why I seem to prefer that Fe when people have it in creative? Does it make sense?
    2) what about motivation function? From what I have read I understand that as LSI-Ti I’d theoretically have stronger Ni and I feel it’s 100% correct assumption – does it mean I also seek more after Se? Or opposite, Se types are always going to be a bit too pushy?
    3) if f.e. introverted subtype have next introverted (I like MBTI order) function bumped up, what about role function? Is it also stronger in such case? I think I have noticed that EIE-Fe is super ambitious, almost Te way. And I guess I’m more Fi-interested than LSI-Se would be. Or not?

Sorry to put my thoughts in frame of LSI-EIE but I wonder about subtype influence on dual seeking mechanism. I hope the problem is understandable when described so. I merrily assume I type everyone correctly so please about generalized opinions.
    no Ti and Fe are attracted to eachother so the more Ti someone got the more Fe he needs

TIM
    EIE-Fe or IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    To my observation there’s no clear subtype.
    I have impression that "subtype" changes with mood, like, basically any type appears to be more extraverted subtype of himself when angry. Which makes perfect sense. But I still like subtype theory because of how person behaves for MOST of time. I also think that as type is constant in life, subtype may change. I definitely would say about myself that I used to be rather LSI-Se in the pas but with age I get much more like LSI-Ti. Not sure if it is just growing up or an effect of dual and semi-dual relations in my life. Those Fe-dom people have really made me think more.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilamatecuhtli View Post
    I have impression that "subtype" changes with mood, like, basically any type appears to be more extraverted subtype of himself when angry. Which makes perfect sense. But I still like subtype theory because of how person behaves for MOST of time. I also think that as type is constant in life, subtype may change. I definitely would say about myself that I used to be rather LSI-Se in the pas but with age I get much more like LSI-Ti. Not sure if it is just growing up or an effect of dual and semi-dual relations in my life. Those Fe-dom people have really made me think more.
    I change every day as I read something about my type and self reflect (hold that mirror up, open that journal and ask yourself when was the last time you did that?! and question yourself - I'm talking about what I do and wonder why I did it).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the more boosted your creative element is, the better it is in terms of self development. it's the best when one cannot guess your real core type at all. that means you're an evolved being.