Thread: What is Se and how does it work

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default What is Se and how does it work

EII cannot with a single angry and judgmental glance give LIE the necessary volitional "push" to mobilize him for work and help.

This.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, it's normally the ENTj mobilizing others to work and help. Not really a type inclined to do a lot of work just to be helpful.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    To be fair, it's normally the ENTj mobilizing others to work and help. Not really a type inclined to do a lot of work just to be helpful.
    I was more referring to the way a "push" can be given by a single look/glance; or a direct statement. Something really penetrative. Thinking of my SEE father. ENTj are friendly and maybe angry so I guess they could use a variety of manipulations to get others to help.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, those glances. Right.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

impossible is nothing~

TIM
    LSI 6w5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the title is general I was expecting a general and complete description of Se (hoping for something original). The example is funny and could be useful for new socionists, but I think the title is too misleading. I would change it to something like "A practical example of the difference between EII and ESI", or "Why EII isn't optimal for LIE".

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    EII cannot with a single angry and judgmental glance give LIE the necessary volitional "push" to mobilize him for work and help.
    anyone can. someones better. LIE are better stimulated through Fi where EII are good
    "judgmental glance" - Fi

while Se is not about to be angry. "angry" is about feelings, more to Fe as this is a state, but not a relation to someone. hate and aversion to someone would be more of Fi

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm famous for looking at people and making them feel like shit... and I never realize when I do that..

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In part, Se (for me, at least) is being able to size people up well enough to know how to "push" or utilize their "power"/will in the most optimal way, in order to meet some end. It manifests as an immediate sensation/sensory awareness/visceral "knowing" of someone else's energy/aura potency, as it relates to my own and the immediate environment. I'd imagine that a stronger Se user would be more competent at accurately assessing the various "energy fields" folks give off and using that (or not) to fit whatever aim they have.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t type based on stereotypes about type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socionics Is Not A Cult View Post
    Don’t type based on stereotypes about type
    don't type based of random bs about types. do this by common behavior - stereotypes
    then you'll lesser mistype and will need lesser of random bs to rationalize the bs you get