Thread: Intuition is like

Default Intuition is like

Missing a tennis serve because your ball flew right threw your racket because you forgot to fart on the way home yesterday. Only to realize that farting on the way home today won't do you any good, probably.
    are really really juicey pear!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know exactly what you mean.

otoh, sensing is like molesting mother nature just to do stuff and thinking you have to be a 'human doing' instead of a human being, and thus you become like this lifeless, uninteresting rock in the process. And most of the times your body doesn't actually get better- you just get hurt doing stupid shit and then need to waste more time recovering from the injury, whereas if you had intuition you would just wisely avoid being hurt in the first place. Also clearly not every sensual whim should be followed for ethical reasons. Sensing is like trying to make summer happen when spring still needs to run its course.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Intuition, or at least as I experience it, is like being stuck in a twilight realm between dreams and reality. You've sorted it out and know what's a dream and what's reality pretty well, yet still there are times you get confused. Dreams can feel real, and if you get tired enough even the real world can feel like a dream. Damn, times like this make me realize how limiting language is...

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When your mind is going super fast like the way a dream feels longer than the time you dream it, and the words go so fast your mind barely catches it. Then you see a flower and think of waffles.

Arriving to the end of a maze and having to back-track from the end to the beginning. Tracing an insight, recollection, or conclusion back to its origin.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    When your mind is going super fast like the way a dream feels longer than the time you dream it, and the words go so fast your mind barely catches it. Then you see a flower and think of waffles.
    lol

for extroverts yes

my form of Ne (Ne negative) is usually seeing possibilities of the things that can go wrong
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When you are kid and think... So the dots are all probably there. We only go between. The final closure about our existence is not achievable. So... what is up next?.... a manhole it seems.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesandmirrors View Post
    Arriving to the end of a maze and having to back-track from the end to the beginning. Tracing an insight, recollection, or conclusion back to its origin.
    That is basically how many who are not intuitive describe intuition. Hell, even us intuitive types describe it as such. One just knows the answer independent of the process of how they attained it sometimes before the person finishes asking the question. Thus, the need to work backwards from that "answer" to the question that caused it to be needed.

A good example of this kind of phenomenon: "I had to conceive of the number 3 before I could grasp the concept of the number 2" It's there, that can actually happen, but the exact reasons baffle the "rational" mind...