Thread: EII Healer role

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EII Healer role

I've read about EIIs having a healer role (as well as a mediator role) from so many articles. What does this mean? How does this apply?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more of an IJ- fi-subtype thing.
    As you interpret people's actions in a light that is socially acceptable, you can make others accept a thing which was previously considered unacceptable in society.

Here's an example:
    https://www.thisisinsider.com/photo-...nt-1987-2017-8

It's healing the society. It's also healing people's minds when they feel accepted.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a romantic venture with an c-eii-fi as of late, and it seems finally I'm getting healed. So far the only girl that has been able to, up until now i was always the one doing the healing.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I guess the medical or medicinal recipes that I write down or read allows me to pull some magic tricks out of a box and heal people

For instance my mother who refuses to go to the doctor (she’s ILI) had a rather bad infection. With home remedies I had read about I was successfully able to drain it. With my mil or anyone close to me I pay particular attention to their needs. With my mil, she’s diabetic so I am aware of their needs, diet, potential advancements in technology and medicine that may help them.

I don’t know I’m naturally nurturing (that’s what husband says). I can recognize when he’ll be eating too much bad fats and will get stomach pain so I am ready to help by having stuff necessary for stomach issues on hand.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't seem to know what we are talking about maritsa. We're talking about emotional healing..

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

With emotional healing I can listen to someone speak for hours about their troubles. I’m patient so it helps. Emotions are tough. My sister lost her cool at the recent party. Her daughter stresses her out so what I did was create a comfortable spot for her daughter to lay on and sympathized with her about her troubles but also got her up to dance and have her time. She left happy.

My husband gets sentimental and teary eyed too at times and what he gets is usually a hug and validation or confirmation.

Yes I guess my ability to look in their eyes and let them feel okay with their troubles and even ask them questions about it helps them speak and feel better
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    I'm having a romantic venture with an c-eii-fi as of late, and it seems finally I'm getting healed. So far the only girl that has been able to, up until now i was always the one doing the healing.
    How so? Could you give me situations irl?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shytan View Post
    I've read about EIIs having a healer role (as well as a mediator role) from so many articles. What does this mean? How does this apply?
    Thats SEI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My SLI’s aunt’s son committed suicide. She lives with the SLI. The depression is really bothering the SLI and the mood has become uncomfortable for him. He asked me “M you have studied psychology what can I do to help her?” I asked him to switch places with me. I would get her to feel better by careful and strategic maneuvers
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Thats SEI
    SEI are helpful too but they often don’t approach people on their own accord. They wait to be approached. However if I hear that my cousin had a miscarriage and is experiencing depression I am the first one to show up at her door with some of her favorite foods and listen to her speak about what she’s going through. This is the difference between me and my SEI cousins. Also I’m not authoritative in my approach. The two SEI are all about the latest fads “Oprah said depressed people are like this so if you are depressed you are like this.” It often makes people upset when they are not like that but SEI keeps fast to their adopted beliefs. I don’t. I listen to my interlocutor and allow them to reach certain states by asking carefully directed questions
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    if I hear that my cousin had a miscarriage and is experiencing depression I am the first one to show up at her door with some of her favorite foods
    Yeah cuz ur ESE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah cuz ur ESE
    Nah my ESE sister would automatically joke and tease to uplift the mood. She can also get nasty and bring down the emotions of others who are depressed. Depends what she believes in. If she doesn’t believe that you are depressed she can use harmful words that cut people’ up like a knife. I am gentle. My sister doesn’t know what gentle is
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah cuz ur ESE
    This is ESE

The ESE is emotional and communicative. Knows how to lift the mood, to cheer up other people. Enjoys talking about his contacts and acquaintances. His emotions change sharply: at times he is lighthearted and friendly, other times he is hot-tempered and angry. Pays attention to manners and correctness of behavior of people around him.
    -

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It means take the article with a grain of salt, and that it's written by someone caught up in woo and mysticism. EIIs are often pretty cool when they aren't too caught up in themselves, but they're not more mystical or more special than anyone else.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa makes a good case of why you should never take socionics too seriously. I feel tired just from reading her posts.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    Maritsa makes a good case of why you should never take socionics too seriously. I feel tired just from reading her posts.
    Hum maybe you have an asymmetric relationship to me
    -

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum maybe you have an asymmetric relationship to me
    I don't know what that means.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We have an undesirable adverse relationship
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^SEE

(eheh, sorry I meant that for Cool but I think it doesn't fit BS too bad either )
    Last edited by ooo; 04-23-2019 at 07:10 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Asymmetric relationships are either Benefit or Supervision. Those are the two relationships where the two people feel differently about each other. For example, as my Supervisor ex-wife's Supervisee, I had only admiration for her, while she (as my Supervisor) thought I was an idiot.

The mutual assessments in all the other socionics relationships are pretty even. Both agree that the relationship is this or that, but they typically don't disagree about how good it is after some time has passed and any initial infatuation has departed.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This is ESE

The ESE is emotional and communicative. Knows how to lift the mood, to cheer up other people. Enjoys talking about his contacts and acquaintances. His emotions change sharply: at times he is lighthearted and friendly, other times he is hot-tempered and angry. Pays attention to manners and correctness of behavior of people around him.
    Ur really stupid arent you

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ur really stupid arent you
    I’m putting you on ignore. Have fun
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mission accomplished.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shytan View Post
    I don't think I have seen them called that much except by people coming from MBTI. Are these articles on this site or on http://wikisocion.net? I consider both my sisters healers and mediators of sorts. One is EII 9w1 and the other ESE 2w3. The ESE is more interactive with people and probably helps more people through her actions than the EII.

The mediator thing is mostly MBTI INFP and healer thing is Keirsey's INFP and ENFP, which is Fi/Ne and Ne/Fi in that system. I am not sure if there are socionics descriptions like that other than the whole psychologist title which is attributed to EII and IEE by different socionists. I think EII are said to heal LSE. Don't quote me on that. Sol says EII sooth him so I suppose he means some kind of healer affect.

I do like the Princess Diana example but most EII or NFs in general are not in the position to affect that many people. I'ts ok since there is a ripple effect.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

if you have bad emotions or relations, F types may try to improve them. they better see this and are better in dealing with this
    Fi have more accent on emotional comfort, Fe on emotional agitation

it's banal

there is objective reality which is described by Socionics. to take reality and truth seriously is good, in general
    but not anything in Socionics mb correct. the same about Maritsa's or others' concrete opinions about types

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

today my LSE friend was very down and started complaining about some attitudes others had with him, and then it became a big complaining about his life and everything, at which I replied quite objectively, trying to make him see the situation for what it really was: he showed no empathy for a delicate situation, and people reacted to that. initially he couldn't see his lack of empathy, after an hour of complaining, he realized he really lacked compassion. and then he went back to address everyone of being fake. lol smh

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    today my LSE friend was very down and started complaining about some attitudes others had with him, and then it became a big complaining about his life and everything, at which I replied quite objectively, trying to make him see the situation for what it really was: he showed no empathy for a delicate situation, and people reacted to that. initially he couldn't see his lack of empathy, after an hour of complaining, he realized he really lacked compassion. and then he went back to address everyone of being fake. lol smh
    How do you take that and envelope it into the rest of humanity? What did you say to brush up His frustrations?
    -

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It means they gotta buy the wards.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It makes sense that EII are healers. They are naturally attuned to people, are selfless, want others to be well, they like knowledge.
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you take that and envelope it into the rest of humanity? What did you say to brush up His frustrations?
    how did you fail to read what i said to this extent? :/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

how did you fail to read what i said to this extent? :/
    What you said was an immediate interpretation “trying to make him see the situation for what it really was: he showed no empathy for a delicate situation, and people reacted to that. ”

Step outside of the immediate.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

This is what happens with me. I absorb the complaints. I don’t instruct in what they should do. I already know they lack empathy and compassion. They look at me like a model. When my husband sees how I behave with my mom he says “you are so caring! I say I’m that way with everyone. “Did you call mom on Easter?” No... why don’t you call her for us. He realizes that I do human relationships better than him and hands me the phone.

If you continue to tell him what to do you sound like his mother, the critical mother
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so you can't accept anyone's lack of good manners but those of your husband are allowed because he's an LSE? good way to work with socionics...

also, pls refrain from commenting about things you have no idea about.. it makes you look SEE

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you said was an immediate interpretation “trying to make him see the situation for what it really was: he showed no empathy for a delicate situation, and people reacted to that. ”
    no

Step outside of the immediate
    u first

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

so you can't accept anyone's lack of good manners but those of your husband are allowed because he's an LSE? good way to work with socionics...

also, pls refrain from commenting about things you have no idea about.. it makes you look SEE
    So you’re the etiquette instructor lol

That speaks of Gamma
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you’re the etiquette instructor lol
    I'm not, I stated the obvious in a situation that he couldn't understand.. because of his innate lack of empathy, which EII should provide.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm not, I stated the obvious in a situation that he couldn't understand.. because of his innate lack of empathy, which EII should provide.
    He knows he lacks empathy. LSE are not dumb. They are not venting to get instructions and insight. I’m saying this for your own good. If you want to have a good relationship with an ESTj just listen to them vent and provide affection. -this is providing empathy to him not asking him to have empathy for others. The only word you should ask is “and then what happened?”
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He knows he lacks empathy. LSE are not dumb. They are not venting to get instructions and insight. I’m saying this for your own good. If you want to have a good relationship with an ESTj just listen to them vent and provide affection. -this is providing empathy to him not asking him to have empathy for others. The only word you should ask is “and then what happened?”
    look, nothing of what you're saying is the way you're describing... just stop assuming, for your own sake.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

look, nothing of what you're saying is the way you're describing... just stop assuming, for your own sake.
    Okay I’m patient. Wait and see what happens
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry I misinterpreted these questions, I'm afraid. thought that "to brush up" meant I was enhancing his frustrations, which is actually possible, some medicines gotta hurt to work.

what happened was that he was acting insensitive towards some hurt people and they decided to punish him, of course that made him feel bad. I tried and tried to explain him what happened, because he couldn't step out of his self-righteousness, they were wrong, he did nothing wrong. and he was so enraged/low/pissed, out of something really really obvious and silly.

what I did was repeating him over and over how what he did hurt other's sensitivity. I could see his points though, because he sure had his rights too, but he couldn't complain about something that was ultimately the result of his little care for a group of hurt people.

after 3 hours (I swear to god) he was repeating the same excuses, I told him "I'm done with this shit." and left. after a little bit he reached me, apologized for his insensitive behaviors, he was truly ashamed. and then it was like a big burden was lifted from his shoulders, because he realized what he did... and that meant he could fix the situation, finally. we spent the rest of the time laughing and being nice, and it was very good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast