Thread: Which is more badass, 8w7 or 8w9 ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which is more badass, 8w7 or 8w9 ?

So which is generally more badass, more powerful?? Who would take the upper hand in a battle, 8w7 or 8w9 ?

@Kill4Me you might know something about this subject..

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dj arendee

TIM
    Umm
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    dj arendee
    Never mind. I found his new youtube channel.
    removed for privacy
    editmg...I just heard about his mental health. sad..
    Last edited by Moou; 04-23-2019 at 10:53 PM.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little piece of me dies every time a S*E submits to a "higher authority"--an L for the culture.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Whoever the ESTx is.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it depends on the type of battle

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The best situation is to not have to fight at all.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w4

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most badass type is whatever I believe myself to be at the moment.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Whoever the ESTx is.
    Incorrect !

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kill4me is in non-compliant mode. What did daddy ask you @Kill4Me ?

For the moment, let's compare the descriptions:

Quote Originally Posted by 8w7
    Awakened Eights with a 7 wing are often expansive, and powerful. Gregarious and generous, they may display a cheerful bravado. Can be forceful but with a light touch, funny. Often have a sense of humor about themselves. Generally more extroverted, ambitious and materialistic. May talk loud and be sociable partygoers. Sometimes driven to bring the new into being. Can be visionary, idealistic, enterprising. Willing to take risks. May think more clearly than Eights with a 9 wing; 7 wing brings an intellectual capacity. When more entranced, aggression combines with gluttony to form an almost virulent tendency to addiction. Many entranced Eights with a 7 wing have had drug and alcohol problems or tensions around addiction. Prone to temperamental ups and downs can be moody, egocentric, quick to anger. Tendency to court chaos, inflate themselves narcissistically. Some are ruthlessly materialistic. Can use people up, suck them dry. Maybe be explosive or violent, prone to distorted overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by 8w9
    Eight With a 9 Wing
    Healthy Eights with a 9 wing often have an aura of preternatural calm, like they haven't had a self-doubt in decades. Take their authority for granted - queen or king of all they survey. May be gentle, kind-hearted, quieter. Often nurturing, protective parents; steady, supportive friends. Informal and unpretentious, patient, laconic, generally somewhat introverted. Sometimes a dry or ironic sense of humor. May have an aura of implicit, simmering anger rather like a sleeping volcano. Slow to erupt but when they do it's sudden and explosive. When entranced, the 9 wing brings an Eight a kind of callous numbness. They can be oblivious to the force of their anger until after they've hurt someone. Calmly dominating, colder; may have an indifference to softer emotions. If very unhealthy, they can be mean without remorse or aggressive in the service of stupid ends. Paranoid plotting, muddled thinking, moral laziness. Can be vengeful in ill-conceived ways, abuse those they love, don't know when to quit.

I also found this:

- if 8w9 is The Bear, 8w7 is The Wolverine- 8w7s tend to have higher energy and respond swiftly and with sudden intensity while 8w9s are slower moving
    - 8w9s are the boundary setters of the enneagram. they tend to be generally agreeable until you cross their boundaries which they will hold firmly and be extremely stubborn, even if that person hold a lot of power and influence.
    - conversely, 8w7 is the conqueror of the enneagram. they have, big, high energy and virile personalities. if 8w9s are boundary setters, 8w7s are the boundary pushers, trying to expand their relational, social and financial territory. many 8w7s I’ve met (8w7s who didn’t know about the enneagram) have made some reference to being like a caged predator at a zoo.
    - 8w7s more often seek to be dominant, 8w9s seek to more to not be submissive
    - most type 8 descriptions lean 8w7, so many 8w9s are likely to mistype because they don’t relate to the 8w7’s more overt aggression. also, 8w9s in general seem to be less overtly 8
    - conversely, introverted 8w7s (usually an ISTP or an INTJ) are likely to mistype as 8w9
    - similar to their overall personality, the anger of an 8w7 is more high energy whereas the anger of an 8w9 is like an erupting volcano. 8w7s will tear you apart; 8w9s will crush you.
    - 8w9s carry their energy more in their stomach whereas the energy of an 8w7 seems to be carried more in the back and sides of the torso.
    - 8w7s tend to lead more active, intense and involved lifestyles. 8w9s are more low key and seem to prefer a more relaxed existence with the occasional amusement of a legitimate confrontation
    - 8w9s tend to be a little more stern whereas 8w7s have a silly side

The 8w7 personality type embodies many of the ways of thinking that people strive to adapt through “assertiveness training.” 8w7’s speak up quickly when they’re discontent, with little concern for the approval of their company. Once they’ve made their point, or settled the matter, however, their anger dissipates as quickly as it came, and suddenly their minds are somewhere else - getting excited about something, perhaps, or getting angry about something else. Needless to say, the energy level of this personality type is too much for some people, but that doesn’t matter much to the 8w7, who, as a type, is in the company of the most independent people. When their willfulness gets out of control, their uninhibited nature, which once gave them a refreshing bravado, turns into ruthlessness and crass insensitivity, allowing them to take advantage of people without any apparent conscience on their part. Some tend to consider 8w7’s overly materialistic, but one can hardly argue that their style is that of the true entrepreneur.
    8w9’s are more likely to let anger build up within themselves, which may manifest in constant bitterness and harshness. Like 8w7’s, they view conflict as a way of life, but do not enjoy it as much, since when they are in rebellion against the outside world, they are also in rebellion against a part of themselves that would rather do without the hassle and zone out. They are slow to conflict - they would often rather stand “en garde” and wait for their adversary to “cross the line” - but when they involve themselves in conflict, their hostility has a relentless, sado-masochistic quality to it. They willfully numb their tender feelings, and show a tough face to the world. 8w9’s are conspicuously sensitive to the issue of personal boundaries - both their own and everyone else’s. “Stay out of my business, and I’ll stay out of yours,” they will often say in a measured tone that conveys great respect for the other while making it subtly clear that they will not be crossed. When they lighten up, they can be intensely devoted to the protection of others, especially defenseless people whom they have affection for. However, trust does not come easily to them. “Every person’s survival is his own business.”

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    The best situation is to not have to fight at all.
    How 8 of you !

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roger557 View Post
    Incorrect !
    I know it's correct

Besides that, I guess the simple answer would be 8w7.
    They're more like impulsive daredevils, which is arguable more "badass".

8w9 has moments of being like a 9, and that's not as "badass".

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

For the record, I didn’t self-type as 8w7 by reading descriptions, but rather by taking tests, all of which said the same thing. Although the descriptions of 8w7 do apply to me (I believe), much better than the 8w9 description, which seems alien.

When I first started posting on the16types, there was this guy here named narc/old_whiskey who self-identified as an LIE 8w9. We didn’t interact much because I was new to the experience of online forums and he was in his element, but I observed him closely to discover what similarities and differences there might be between us. I noticed that he was really slow to anger, unlike I, who tend to go off like a firecracker. But then he would hold onto that anger long after I would have forgotten it. It was like he just couldn’t let it go.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-24-2019 at 08:43 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know it's correct

Besides that, I guess the simple answer would be 8w7.
    They're more like impulsive daredevils, which is arguable more "badass".

8w9 has moments of being like a 9, and that's not as "badass".
    I don’t feel like a badass. Quite the opposite; I tend to feel weak most of the time and have to fight for every little thing I get and be ready to instantly counter every threat, every attempt to control me or to restrict my freedom. This might be the LIE version of 8w7.

I’ve known SLE’s who were, like, idly badass.
    I can see it in their whole being. They aren’t trying to be anything other than what they are. They are 100% in the moment without any intuition or meta about them.

SLE e8’s are like skydivers without parachutes. Masters of space, in the moment, lords of all they survey, until they hit the ground.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I don’t feel like a badass. Quite the opposite; I tend to feel weak most of the time and have to fight for every little thing I get and be ready to instantly counter every attempt to control me. This might be the LIE version of 8w7.

I’ve known SLE’s who were, like, idly badass.
    Tbh, I find 8w9 more likely for you Adam. There are several instances where you attempt to smooth the waters and keep your composure like a 9. That's not characteristic of 8w7.

I knew another LIE who used to type as 8w7 for a long time. It looks like being ENTx alone gives you a higher 7 score. Eventually he realized that 8w9 technically fit him better. He can be outwardly calm. 8w7 is usually bursting with energy and is not concerned with peace or harmony as much. 8w9 is more monk-like.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Tbh, I find 8w9 more likely for you Adam. There are several instances where you attempt to smooth the waters and keep your composure like a 9. That's not characteristic of 8w7.

I knew another LIE who used to type as 8w7 for a long time. It looks like being ENTx alone gives you a higher 7 score. Eventually he realized that 8w9 technically fit him better. He can be outwardly calm. 8w7 is usually bursting with energy and is not concerned with peace or harmony as much. 8w9 is more monk-like.
    Well, Olimpia, I’m old as fuck, wiser than I used to be, and I’ve frankly won most of my battles. So I probably appear to be more laid back. But honestly, when something threatens me, I go for the jugular without a second thought, before I even realize what I’m doing. And I try to damp down this reaction because it is seriously counterproductive.

I’ll post a link to my enneagram test results in a few hours when I’m on a computer and not a phone. Lots of E7, not much e9. https://i.imgur.com/3mOhO76.jpg

Plus, the description of the e9 as being slow to anger just isn’t me. You don’t see this because I have some seconds to compose and respond. IRL, I’m right there and it really is counterproductive. I don’t like to lose control of myself or of the interaction that I’m building.

I want to accomplish things which require the voluntary buy-in of talented people. Being a badass is fine for loners in the Wild West, not so useful in a technology business. Maybe being an 8w7 has been useful in initiating the business, and in keeping it going, keeping it advancing, but it is not useful when you are trying to get people to work with you because they will become larger in the process.

If you want and need the best from people, you want them to be active advancers themselves, and this entails giving them power. Giving them agency. Making them the badasses. Or, more accurately, collaborate agents who can work with others to get what they want.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-24-2019 at 03:19 PM.

TIM
    SLE-C; E864 SX-SO
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol He's probably off somewhere sitting in his 6w7 truth--he damn sure doesn't live up to the comic book 8w7 caricature he's created within his allegedly elite "stackmeup" typology method.

As an actual 8w7, I just can't imagine being called to the mat, constantly, like he is by others (including myself) for my thoughts/ideas/beliefs/anything, really, and not confronting them head on--and I'm not saying that it has to get nasty, necessarily, but it's almost physically impossible for me to walk away from a situation where I believe that anything I've "produced" is being criticized/called out, whether fairly or not. Ignoring shit like that eats away at my soul and times where I've been forced to concede/not engage without first putting up a fight, I never get over it/forgive myself. It's actually pretty miserable, the more I think about it. lol But I'm better than I was 5 years ago, and 5 years before that; perhaps in 10 years, I'll have integrated into a 2, which seems like a worthy, noble, admirable "vocation"--I actually enjoy being good spirited, helpful, uplifting, etc..., but walking away from any brand of "fight" is...extremely difficult--it feels dis-empowering, when, arguably, the opposite is closer to the truth.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is r o u g h e r and s t r o n g e r ?: John Wayne, the poop content surviving to come out of John Wayne’s bowels, John Wayne’s anus, or the toilet paper designed to survive being wiped against the ridges of John Wayne’s anus? A deep and philosophical question fit for this forum.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8w7 showing badassness:

8w9 showing badassness:

I'm trying to find a fictional 8w7 video example but can't seem to find any. Does anyone know one?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5>8w9>7w8>8w7 I'd say, could add 5 there too

A lot of 6w5s are mistyped as 8s just because of their badass aura

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of 8w7 v 8w9 then 8w9 I'd guess but it's very close

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't normally give a freak about enneagram, but I just did a test for funsies and I got 6w5. Curious. My ass feels fine, not bad at all.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    I don't normally give a freak about enneagram, but I just did a test for funsies and I got 6w5. Curious. My ass feels fine, not bad at all.
    Rare, but not unheard of.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, it feels fine most of the time.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither. They're just different types of badasses. I think Jules from Pulp Fiction could be an 8w9. Whereas I think a good example of 8w7 could be....I dunno, maybe Bronson as portrayed by Tom Hardy.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post
    Nah, it feels fine most of the time.
    Lol. I meant ESTj 6w5.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the moment, let's compare the descriptions:

I also found this:

How 8 of you !
    Great Post, I actually think I'm 8w9 instead of 8w7 now.. I try to bite my tongue sometimes when I'm getting angry until it gets too much then I explode. And when I do explode, it's bad.

When this happens, and I'm not proud of it at all, people tell me they didn't even realize I was getting mad. I just explode out of nowhere. 0-100 as they put it in a snap. but to me the anger has been simmering and I have no idea how they don't notice it building up. Sounds more 8w9?

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I meant ESTj 6w5.
    My guess would be that most ESTjs are 1, 8 or 6. Probably with a 2 wing for 1, with a 9 wing for 8 and with a 7 wing for 6. This is just a guess based on what "feels" right.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    My guess would be that most ESTjs are 1, 8 or 6. Probably with a 2 wing for 1, with a 9 wing for 8 and with a 7 wing for 6. This is just a guess based on what "feels" right.
    I'd agree. Some ESTjs are also 3, but that's more rare.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree. Some ESTjs are also 3, but that's more rare.
    Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why (I have some guesses) but type 3 seems to fit LIE better than LSE. Perhaps I perceive the LSE as more "proper" than the LIE, which leads them to not cut as many corners as the 3 may in their pursuit of achievement/success? But that would make the 8 typing a little strange. Maybe I perceive 2 major archetypes and type 3 fits neither. I'd have to look into it further to see if that's even true and if the hesitance to label 3 a common type for the LSE is even justified.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    In order, 8, 1, 6, 3 for ESTj.

For ENTJ, 8 and 3.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Neither of them are badasses. Anyone entrenched in their type is pathetic by default, as it's growing out of your hang-ups that shows perseverance, strength and badassery. The 8 acts how they do because they are afraid that they have no control over anything in their lives, including themself. So they're constantly trying to prove that they're in charge, they have it together, they're the boss, in control. All that bluster is because they know how weak they are and don't want anyone else to know it. Somehow, a lot of people are fooled by that and believe them to actually be confident.

It's only when you grow up that you realize that all of these trappings of confidence and self-assurance are only a facade. Those who are willing to look weak are the ones who are developing/showing real strength and confidence. When an 8 is able to step back from a fight s/he is developing self-control. The ones who are always jumping into the middle of everything and fighting with everyone don't yet have strength and control. They still think they have something to prove. The more they try to hide it, the more their weakness shows.

Btw, telling someone they don't act tough enough to be believable as an 8 is actually a huge compliment if they are one. Same with any other enneagram type because the more you look like your type the worse off you actually are. These are issues and problems, not features and abilities, and growing out of them is the goal.
    As someone who has experienced the full range of health levels of my type I agree with this. When I was at my worse it was nothing to be proud of. I didn't even recognize my E type because I was seeing myself as an idealized version of another type. I am not proud of my type but I am proud of what I have learned and used along my path to become a stronger person mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I am not saying I can sustain the healthiest level at all times but I can for longer periods of time. I used enneagram as it was intended. For me it has been a very useful tool. I know it isn't for everyone.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ENTJ 8w7 ESTJ 8w9

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    6w5>8w9