Thread: Member Questionnaire (KookyOwl)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (KookyOwl)

Member Questionnaire 1 (KookyOwl)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is something that evokes a sense of wonder and emotions. It is peaceful and calm, and maybe even a little familiar in some way.
    Love is a willingness to commit to someone aside from yourself. It is patient and steadfast. It is interested and always wants to learn more. Sacrifice is a beautiful kind of love, though it can be dangerous.
    What are your most important values?
    I value accepting people for who they are, and not trying to change them. I value the differences that people have, as well as the similarities. I also value having an open-mind, and not being too quick to judge someone or an idea.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I don't adhere to any religion. I switch back and forth between being spiritual and agnostic, though. I generally believe that there is something more than meets the eye when it comes to reality, but what that is I cannot say. It might just be the archetypes in our stories and selves, and that would still be satisfying. I don't think that the universe is cold. It is warm, somehow (if that makes sense).
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I dislike both war and military. There's usually much better ways to solve conflicts. However, war will not go away, and sometimes it can be necessary. Those cases are few and far-between.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    With people that I am close to, I've had long conversations to try and untangle my thoughts and feelings. I have trouble understanding myself, which is partially why I am attracted to Jungian typology. I've also had long discussions about how well written a book or movie was, and what it could've done better. I may have had a few discussions about the ultimate nature of reality. A lot of the time, though, I try to help my friends with what is going on inside their heads. People seem to come to me for advice, even though I don't believe that I am the best source.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Health and medicine have never really been an interest for me. Psychology and Sociology seem interesting, but doctor-y fields just seem... impersonal. I am pretty good at telling when I feel tired, but aside from that I am more in my head than in my body. I've recently started running again, though.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    They're tedious, but usually when I get to work on them they are not as bad as I think they'll be. Dishes and the like give me time to think, reflect, and associate.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I used to be a huge bookworm. I loved reading fantasy and sci-fi novels, and I still do to an extent. Non-fiction has piqued my interest as of late, as I love learning about the world around me. For movies and tv I almost exclusively watch fantasy and sci-fi.
    I recently finished The Magicians and am almost done with the OA. The former is a guilty pleasure, and the latter is a work of (weird) art.
    Book-wise, I've really enjoyed reading Star Wars books. I like to have a place to escape to. I'm currently in the middle of a book about genetics, and it is kind of hard to get through. Same with the Goldfinch, a realistic-fiction piece.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I haven't cried in a while, but watching emotional moments on tv or in a book bring me close to tears. The pure emotion they generate can be a lot. A lot of the time, I get nearly cry because of something touching, and not sad. Occasionally, I've felt hopeless about something (or more often someone) and have cried a little. I smile a lot. Usually it is when I am expected to, like when someone tells a joke. I often smile to myself, too. This usually comes from an imaginary, humorous social-interaction in my head.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I can't really say. It seems like a big theme in my life has been the desire to belong and be accepted for who I am. Sometimes I feel at ease when I am alone and hiking, but sometimes I feel lonely. I enjoy singing with a choir, and when the music touches a place in all of us I truly feel as one with other people.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I am bad at getting things done a lot of the times. I'm in college right now, and it is hard. I've always been bad at finishing assignments and getting them in. I'm also generally seen as naive, though I don't see myself that way. I am vulnerable and sensitive, though. I'm also pretty indecisive, though sometimes I feign that to learn what people really desire in a situation.
    I don't really have my life together, and that is something I want to do. I also have always seen myself as independent, but recently failed at successfully living on my own. I want to be able to survive on my own. I'm also quirky, which I love at times and hate at other. I wish I could feel at one with the people around me, and not always in a constant state of analysis.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People generally see me as kind and caring. I've also been described as smart and funny. The latter to seem accurate and I agree with them, as well as my openness to different viewpoints and people. I like to think I'm kind, but sometimes I say rude or mean things without realizing it. Sometimes I feel like I just don't care about people enough.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Figuring myself out, so I can figure out how to interact with the rest of the world. I feel like that is a big barrier in my way, and once I get past it I can actually get down to the business of life. I also want to stop overthinking, and just be able to take life at a more relaxed pace. I also need help with my dutifulness.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. Usually, it is when I am doing the same thing over and over and feel like I am not getting anywhere. I guess that is the definition of rut, though. There's been a few times in my life where I have felt really attached or attracted to an individual (a crush I guess), and I can't stop thinking about it and how to fix the problem. The cycle of doing busywork for school exhausts me. Usually when I am in a rut, I tend to shut-down and continuously try to think over the problem in the hopes of finding a solution or a way to change myself.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like a lot of things about people. I firmly believe that almost everyone can be looked-up to in some way. I enjoy it when people are kind and gentle, and not boisterous. I like people who know where they are going in life, and are intellectual. I don't dislike many qualities, but anyone who forces others to conform is disgusting. I also dislike it when people make assumptions about others, though I tend to do that as well.
    I can't specify types very well because I'm just migrating from the MBTI, but I believe some of two of my closest friends are ISFp and ENTJ.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    They scare me. I really want both in my life, but I am afraid of being that vulnerable around someone. I'd need to trust them first.
    I think I'd be the best with someone who is grounded and a calming presence. My head is always frantic, and someone who's isn't would be nice. I want to be in a relationship with someone who is a little weird. They'd need to be at least a little introspective and reflective. I could not stand being with someone who does not care about the deep and profound.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I'd want to make sure that they know they are loved, no matter who they are. I'd be worried that I might not be a good enough father or role-model, and it'd be hard to always act the right way. I'd also want them to have the freedom to explore themselves and grow on their own. I'd try to provide an accepting environment, and it'd be a challenge for me to not be lenient.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inward, I would feel taken aback a little. But I could probably see why they would believe such a thing. Outwardly, I'd listen to see why they hold that belief, and try to see if the reasoning could fit within my framework. There are few claims that would genuinely incite me to action. But if one was uttered, I'd make sure to speak-up and let my opinion be known.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    To me, people are imperfect but amazing at the same time. I realize that everyone has their faults, and am okay with that. Overall, people are a little intimidating and can be hard to actually trust. One of the biggest problems I see today with society is the unwillingness to listen and accept others beliefs. People refuse to realize that there might not be one answer, and that is a grave mistake. I do think that people can be mean, though that doesn't necessarily surprise or depress me.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    It depends on what is meant by "friend." I like to be acquaintances with most people that I see regularly. For most of my close friends, I like people that are okay with interacting one-on-one, or at least in small groups. I look for people who value things similarly to me, or see the world in the same way. I have some friends that are willing to upset harmony, but my closest ones value peace. My friends are usually people that I can go to for advice, and I like for them to do the same. Meaningful conversations that help us get through life's hardships, and hopefully provide solutions along the way, are the best. That being said, I do feel like I have to put on a bit of an act. I need to be funny and witty, usually trying to hold back sarcastic remarks in favor of general humor.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm usually reserved and polite around strangers, but try to be friendly and social. I need to test the waters, so to speak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMG_20190331_102804_988.jpg
    Quick picture of me. Hello!
    Attached Images Attached Images

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi interesting answers
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

by photo Ti impressions

record a video
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...=1#post1096450

Extravert, ethical, intuitive. I get an overall impression of IEE > EIE due to your desire to understand people rather than to influence or affect them. Alternatives, perspectives, and relations are recurring themes in your answers. I'll come back to explain my reasoning in depth.
    Last edited by echoesandmirrors; 05-05-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Your values, social role (giving advice to friends and helping them process things in their minds) and weaknesses reflect those of IEE. Check out http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p..._.28Ne.2CFi.29