Thread: Reinin dichotomies. Do they even work?

Hybrid View

TIM
    LSI 6w5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Reinin dichotomies. Do they even work?

What's your opinion? Do they work for you? In my case I don't fit in the 11 dichotomies of any type. Reinin wise I mostly relate to SEI:

SEI 8
    SLE 8
    LII 7
    IEE 7
    LSI 6
    LIE 6
    EIE 5
    IEI 5
    ILE 5
    ESI 5
    EII 5
    SLI 5
    LSE 4
    ESE 4
    SEE 3
    ILI 2

For example I don't fit into SEI because I relate to static, aristocratic and result. But with other types it gets even worse.

The dichotomies in which I fit totally are: yielding, strategist, emotivist, carefree, judicious, result and declaring. The other ones are somehow in the middle.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The descriptions most widely circulated are pretty bad for what they are.
    They work perfectly.
    But they work related to the ego functions in use. So if you consider what you would prefer or aspire to instead of how you are, or consider based on memory instead of the functions you are using at the time, you will end up seeing matters in the wrong light.
    Last edited by Smilex; 04-22-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some work better than others, and some are not understood/described properly

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you used the Reinin calculator? It is pretty neat to play with, invented by member Yaroslaav.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do they work for me?

Some are not very clear to me
    Some stand out but I’m an N type. Something will jump out at me in a prominent way and every sensory type will find a contribution to what I’m feeling
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skip the first three, those are the same as MBTI traits. Now pick up to 3 or 4 from any of the other pairs. Pick what you are most confident in choosing. You can skip over any that you aren't sure
    http://www.zhilkin.com/socio/en/

I'm SLE

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite a lot of interesting work has been done of the Reinin dichotomies, but some remain mysterious.

Victor Gulenko, for example, has done a lot of work on the semantics of Extroversion/Introversion, Rational/Irrational, Static/Dynamic, Sensing/Intuitive, Logical/Ethical, Process/Result, Central/Peripheral, Positivist/Negativist. He's done some work on Aristocratic/Democratic, Asking/Declaring and Ascending/Descending, but they can still be pretty confusing and mysterious and I wouldn't recommend pinning too much on your identification with them. Certainly the others can be confusing sometimes, such as Process/Result, but usually a large portion of them are clear. You can read about it here as long as you have access to a free online translator: https://socioniks.net/basicknowledge/

Another interesting source on the Lesser Signs of Reinin (Constructivist/Emotivist, Tactical/Strategic, Farsighted/Carefree, Obstinate/Yielding) is Victor Talanov, and his Model T. He has attempted to analyze them with empirical, statistical methods, though I don't have a deep understanding of the methodology just yet. You can read about it here: http://translate.google.com/translat...i_i_model.html

And on this site: https://junglove.net/the-yieldingobstinate-dichotomy/

https://junglove.net/carefree-vs-farsighted/

Talanov's research and approach are fascinating and unique to my knowledge, but I'm not so sure of his typing methods and thus I do consider his conclusions about these dichotomies to be quite suspect. However, it is still good food for thought as long as you take it with a grain of salt. A total calculus of Reinin dichotomies is a rather suspect methodology for typing to begin with, since we don't really know the relative influence of each one inasmuch as they relate to typical behavior (some dichotomies might just have much more influence on behavior than others), conscious awareness (mostly conscious or mostly subtle and unconscious), and scale of impact (more personal level effects vs. more group level effects, etc.).

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main ones worth using are introversion/extroversion, the strength dichotomies, and the quadra value dichotomies (FeTi vs. FiTe, NeSi vs. NiSe).

These are enough to deduce the type, and most of the other ones are tenuous as described at best. If you're trying to apply the theory, study what works in depth and leave the other stuff.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

D2EF0DD6-3788-4E8C-9FD6-E036CBE3492F.png

I took snapshots of segments that I definitely relate to one has a contribution

A4546615-AE8A-4CC1-A71B-8931FE3C4605.png
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html