Thread: Socionics isn’t real

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics isn’t real

This isn’t empirical, there’s no evidence for it. If there is then you should be recording it because industries would be glad to finally used a verifiable repeatable personality typing system and you would become a famous psychologist.There is no uniformity to this system everyone has a different interpretation.

Visual typing is pseudoscience and based on purely anecdotal evidence ie my cousin looks a lot like you, you cross your arms like my mom etc. If you think that people have traits they are born with that influence personality then why not just take a picture of them and measure the length of their nose or the angle of their eyes and you’d learn everything about them? If you think personality affects personal ticks and eye movement and all that then how much is that really saying? What if type someone who acts nothing like the visual type they have been given? Should they just shrug their shoulders and try to be more the type they look like? What are you measuring if they don’t act the part but they look the part?

The typical argument defense is to say it doesn’t have to be empirical it’s about thought processes blah blah blah. If it can’t be verified then it’s just conjecture, and speculating on nonsense like what your “path of least resistance” is is mental masterbation. What is it? What does it look like? If it can’t be clearly identified then how much does it matter? how clear is this system where no direct answer can be given? Why do you have so much invested in a system where even it’s most basic premisses evade any valid scientific analysis?

Again if you claim all this is very clear and easy to identify then where’s your data? Submit it and become famous for your ground breaking research. But you have none because it’s not.

Stop being taken in by this chicanery, busy yourself with something productive I’m sure you’re all smart capable people. Make the world better.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These kind of ramblings are common for people new to socionics. You lack experience but you don't know it so you think you have it all figured out. The picture changes once you have taken time (several years ) to compare people and relationships.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

socionics isnt real and that's why we like it : )

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is karate real?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, the behaviour classifications of Socionics (and MBTI) are very subject to (mis)interpretation and controversy but so are many aspects of science. I agree that Socionics is largely based on anecdotal data but there are germs of consistency in this data suggesting perhaps a finite number of ways that information can be processed. The current models seem downright silly to me. It will take the right person to bring in a true scientific approach to prove or disprove the existence of predictable information control system structures (firmware?) because logic would suggest that they must exist. Wasn't Darwin's theories considered poppycock for many years before and after he published?

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It is possible that certain people have certain traits-genetic is real
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

real or not... the latest american, british, italian (+ other random places) political elections have been influenced according to our social media profiles. the algorithms are studied to detect one's preferences, likes, dislikes, posts we share and reblog and through that the advertising we see are selected to subtly influence us, in the long run, this turned into Trump, Brexit, Italian chaos, etc etc.

it was not socionics, but other psycho tools (like MBTI tests) were used too. they just work alike... watch out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

there are hypotheses. to say something as objectively wrong without objective basis is not reasonable

behavior described by the Socionics theory can be researched objectively: % of divorces among different IR, abbilities to solve logical tasks by F and T types, etc

typing matches are above accidental. hence Jung types exists and typing methods work
    also there are subjective observations when people behave according to expected by the types theory
    when you'll type better you'll can to notice this too. to start is good from understanding of your own type in what you have evident difficulties. make typing theme with a video. then mb you'll see empirical evidence in your own experience

much of Socionics theory mb correct and objectively proved sometimes

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    This isn’t empirical, there’s no evidence for it. If there is then you should be recording it because industries would be glad to finally used a verifiable repeatable personality typing system and you would become a famous psychologist.There is no uniformity to this system everyone has a different interpretation.

Visual typing is pseudoscience and based on purely anecdotal evidence ie my cousin looks a lot like you, you cross your arms like my mom etc. If you think that people have traits they are born with that influence personality then why not just take a picture of them and measure the length of their nose or the angle of their eyes and you’d learn everything about them? If you think personality affects personal ticks and eye movement and all that then how much is that really saying? What if type someone who acts nothing like the visual type they have been given? Should they just shrug their shoulders and try to be more the type they look like? What are you measuring if they don’t act the part but they look the part?

The typical argument defense is to say it doesn’t have to be empirical it’s about thought processes blah blah blah. If it can’t be verified then it’s just conjecture, and speculating on nonsense like what your “path of least resistance” is is mental masterbation. What is it? What does it look like? If it can’t be clearly identified then how much does it matter? how clear is this system where no direct answer can be given? Why do you have so much invested in a system where even it’s most basic premisses evade any valid scientific analysis?

Again if you claim all this is very clear and easy to identify then where’s your data? Submit it and become famous for your ground breaking research. But you have none because it’s not.

Stop being taken in by this chicanery, busy yourself with something productive I’m sure you’re all smart capable people. Make the world better.
    Stop telling me what to do bitch

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    What is wrong with you. Why are you taking what he says personally? Do we need to have @Raver introduce you to indica lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    What is wrong with you. Why are you taking what he says personally? Do we need to have @Raver introduce you to indica lol
    I didnt ask for your opinion

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I didnt ask for your opinion
    You never ask. You just curse
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You never ask. You just curse
    Cant handle my cursing ignore me problem solved

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny how BS answers when someone says "b!tch" lel

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Cant handle my cursing ignore me problem solved
    No stop being inappropriately rude. I’m not sure if you are using your gruff attitude as a means of getting vibes from people but that’s not how you type people
    -

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    Make the world better.
    If by that you mean toppling the capitalist oligarchy then consider the two of us brothers in arms, otherwise stfu.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No stop being inappropriately rude. I’m not sure if you are using your gruff attitude as a means of getting vibes from people but that’s not how you type people
    Again i dont care

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Again i dont care
    Then you need to find another forum because what you are doing to people is NOT welcome here
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Beautiful sky, I think @Number 9 large makes a positive contribution to the forum. He didn't seek you out to tell you how to behave. You took it upon yourself to criticize his actions.

One thing that Socionics tells us is that other people have different values that we do. Judging them privately is fine, but trying to censor them is not, as long as they are following the rules of the forum.

If you can't tolerate someone's views, then use the Ignore function. That's what it is for.

My LSE mother once told me that my rights stop where the other person's nose begins. It was about the best advice she gave me.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Then you need to find another forum because what you are doing to people is NOT welcome here
    no ur right coming from the most popular person

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @Beautiful sky, I think @Number 9 large makes a positive contribution to the forum. He didn't seek you out to tell you how to behave. You took it upon yourself to criticize his actions.

One thing that Socionics tells us is that other people have different values that we do. Judging them privately is fine, but trying to censor them is not, as long as they are following the rules of the forum.

If you can't tolerate someone's views, then use the Ignore function. That's what it is for.

My LSE mother once told me that my rights stop where the other person's nose begins. It was about the best advice she gave me.
    I don’t understand how him calling people a “B” is okay. It’s not even a joke
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

its also not okay to get 7 warnings maritsa maybe u should look into that some more

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    These kind of ramblings are common for people new to socionics. You lack experience but you don't know it so you think you have it all figured out. The picture changes once you have taken time (several years ) to compare people and relationships.
    After many years living with Socionics, I more or less agree with OP’s assessment of it, but I differ on whether it really matters.

Think of Socionics as a sorting system that has some rough overlap with reality and it’s okay. Humans do have personality traits, and some of these do and don’t seem to work together harmoniously. VI has some utility when it comes to movement, and there are scientifically shown correspondences between personality traits and facial morphology, but these have not been directly connected to Socionics.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You don't have to understand it. You just have to respect people's viewpoints. Freedom of speech means freedom to express conflicting viewpoints.

One important thing I'd like to point out, and this affects child-rearing and I know, because I did it, is that there is a huge difference between criticizing a person's actions and criticizing the person. Asking "What is wrong with you" is criticizing the person, not the actions.

It is the difference between saying "I wish you could do a better job at cleaning your room" and saying "You are a slob." One is negotiable, the other is not.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats wrong with B?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You don't have to understand it. You just have to respect people's viewpoints. Freedom of speech means freedom to express conflicting viewpoints.

One important thing I'd like to point out, and this affects child-rearing and I know, because I did it, is that there is a huge difference between criticizing a person's actions and criticizing the person. Asking "What is wrong with you" is criticizing the person, not the actions.

It is the difference between saying "I wish you could do a better job at cleaning your room" and saying "You are a slob." One is negotiable, the other is not.
    I criticized him because it’s not the first time that he’s rude without any reason or cause to promp the rude behavior
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    whats wrong with B?
    Just being an EII

INFj [+] and [-]

If your type is Ethical-Intuitive Intratim - INFj(The Empath):

Your strongest virtue is a very good understanding of other people's real feelings and relationships. You aspire to attain warm and friendly relations with others. You cannot stand rudeness and violence. You are delicate, kind and full of attention to others. You try to show your compassion for others with actions as well as with words. Your understanding of people and life experiences always help you to find your place in society. You are prepared to spend time, energy and effort helping people with real needs. Your aim is to create peaceful, harmonious, conflict free surroundings, in which others feel comfortable expressing their talents. You are an effective counsellor and peacemaker. You forgive others for negative behaviour, instead appealing to people's conscience where ethical situations are concerned.

You over-analyse everything that concerns you or your surroundings. The results of this are often not so satisfying, leaving you feeling depressed and pessimistic, especially if this envelops unethical behaviour in others. Your sense of compassion is often stronger than your sense of justice. You often lack resolution, initiative and the ability to firmly make your point. You are afraid to appear interfering and your modesty could be over the top. You often hesitate to react to provocation, preferring to bottle your feelings inside. You are often squeamish and punctilious. You pay too much attention to details and quality in your work.
    -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Science can only know what it tests and what it can infer/ deduce.

Not everything can be tested, but lots can be known without science. You reveal your indoctrinations when you state things that can’t be tested and can’t be measured can’t be known.

If it was so wrong then dash it upon the rocks and run away as fast as you can now.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See I think it would be a ton more interesting for everyone to instead of arguing socionics is not real, which has been explored at great length, to instead wonder :

that socionics is very, very real. That the Russian psycologist from the 1970s got it accurate, and the reason its not popular here in the west is that it has implications far to disturbing for the current paradigms in society. To be known so intimately by such a oblique system of thought that has its roots in the transpersonal and intuitive frame work of Jung, along with a suggestion that core types of people exist in a pattern and that those patterns make up a community, is an affront to the specialness and uniqueness world view people currently live within.

The trouble, if any, lies in identification and attatchement, as it always has, which is why the sages said this, in so many ways, again and again over the centuries..

The more I let go from needing, wanting, or catagorizing my type, the easier it became to play the socionics game without the inevitable hangups that come with attatchement.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just being an EII

INFj [+] and [-]

If your type is Ethical-Intuitive Intratim - INFj(The Empath):

Your strongest virtue is a very good understanding of other people's real feelings and relationships. You aspire to attain warm and friendly relations with others. You cannot stand rudeness and violence. You are delicate, kind and full of attention to others. You try to show your compassion for others with actions as well as with words. Your understanding of people and life experiences always help you to find your place in society. You are prepared to spend time, energy and effort helping people with real needs. Your aim is to create peaceful, harmonious, conflict free surroundings, in which others feel comfortable expressing their talents. You are an effective counsellor and peacemaker. You forgive others for negative behaviour, instead appealing to people's conscience where ethical situations are concerned.

You over-analyse everything that concerns you or your surroundings. The results of this are often not so satisfying, leaving you feeling depressed and pessimistic, especially if this envelops unethical behaviour in others. Your sense of compassion is often stronger than your sense of justice. You often lack resolution, initiative and the ability to firmly make your point. You are afraid to appear interfering and your modesty could be over the top. You often hesitate to react to provocation, preferring to bottle your feelings inside. You are often squeamish and punctilious. You pay too much attention to details and quality in your work.
    Take a chill pill and go and cuddle and coo with your baby.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is this the same LSE that beat you?
    -

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is socionics real? It all happens from words said, interpretations, what one thinks or not, so I don't care whether it's real or not, it's a thing someone made up because it helped him understand people and he shared it, other people liked it and used it. The point of it is to offer an understanding of the world to people who are looking for one. It's a theory not an obligation, you likey, you takey, you no likey, you go see elsewhere... or torture yourself over the nonsense until you break down, whatev floats your boatsey.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Is this the same LSE that beat you?
    Yes. Sometimes you can learn your best lessons from seeing how someone else screws up.

Because she hit all of her children all of the time for imagined offenses, I thought it was normal to hit kids. Fortunately, my ex-wife told me that we weren't hitting the kid. And we didn't, and he turned out to be a fine human being, one whom I'm proud of.

My take on incorporating toxic behaviors from our parents is that it is pretty normal, but that doesn't make it right. Hitting a kid just teaches them that it's OK for big people to hit little people, so when they grow up, they think it's their turn.
    Not hitting kids requires a lot more effort on the part of the parent to get the kids to modify their behavior, but the results are much, much better.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes. Sometimes you can learn your best lessons from seeing how someone else screws up.
    Adam, your mother then is hardly a model for the ideal way in which one should view the world and conduct their relationships for ME. Also, I would call the cops on her and have her ass arrested and then I would show her how far up other people’s noses a violent mother should be looking up.

You don’t understand do you that violent people do that as to KEEP others out of their business as a form of continuing to be violent. This is another form of terrible manipulative tactic as to make the victim FEEL like they did something to deserve it. Children are NEVER to be hit under any circumstance.
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Adam, your mother then is hardly a model for the ideal way in which one should view the world and conduct their relationships for ME. Also, I would call the cops on her and have her ass arrested and then I would show her how far up other people’s noses a violent mother should be looking up.

You don’t understand do you that violent people do that as to KEEP others out of their business as a form of continuing to be violent
    It is easy to say what you would do in any given situation. It is usually different when you are actually in that situation.

I understand violence very well. My father was in the military for most of his life, and my mother practiced violence daily. I think I understand violence better than most people.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default all the boys on my block like SESAME STREET

p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It is easy to say what you would do in any given situation. It is usually different when you are actually in that situation.

I understand violence very well. My father was in the military for most of his life, and my mother practiced violence daily. I think I understand violence better than most people.
    Yeah so her “your business stops where the other person’s nose begins “ means nothing to me.
    -

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast