Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 115 of 115

Thread: Socionics isnít real

  1. #81
    Carolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    TIM
    EIE 4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    612
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Wow complicated words you must be smart
    "big words therefore pretentious"
    I wasn't using a thesaurus or pretending to be something I'm not, you schmuck. That's actually the way I think.

  2. #82
    Tearsofaclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New York
    TIM
    EIE
    Posts
    400
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The biggest problem imo is distinguishing stable personality from the continued flow and consumption of new experiences. Questionnaires for example, what you are doing it's just getting the insides of a person what they have eaten throughout their lives. You're asking them to vomit up their experiences. Experiences are not personality. Or maybe they are. the way I am even responding to this topic is based on what I've read in my life and experienced in my life. The food I have eaten. An animal and its food are not the same thing.

    Also I think it is just European culture extrapolated without any knowledge of any other cultures. Jung has no clue how African Americans act for example. Russians either. It would throw their whole system out of whack.
    "And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it, and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

  3. #83
    Smilex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    179
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Again, the cultural issue is not a problem if you consider it all to be game theory.

  4. #84
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,733
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    "big words therefore pretentious"
    I wasn't using a thesaurus or pretending to be something I'm not, you schmuck. That's actually the way I think.
    Ok schmuckboy

  5. #85
    Kill4Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Posts
    2,243
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've already provided empirical evidence for both socionics and enneagram.

    https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/
    https://stackemup.livejournal.com/

    The OP is truly a sick individual.

  6. #86
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4-7w8-8w7
    Posts
    310
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Then you need to find another forum because what you are doing to people is NOT welcome here
    Because you are most certainly welcome here.
    surejan.gif
    "You're just like me, you're out your mind
    I know it's strange, we're both the crazy kind
    You're tellin' me that I'm insane
    Boy, don't pretend that you don't love the pain"

    EIE-Fe
    3w4-7w8-8w7 sx/so

  7. #87
    queentiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    TIM
    EIE-Fe 3w4-7w8-8w7
    Posts
    310
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    I've already provided empirical evidence for both socionics and enneagram.

    https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/
    https://stackemup.livejournal.com/

    The OP is truly a sick individual.
    Of course, everyone that disagrees with you is a sick individual. Fuck all the way off, dumb cunt
    "You're just like me, you're out your mind
    I know it's strange, we're both the crazy kind
    You're tellin' me that I'm insane
    Boy, don't pretend that you don't love the pain"

    EIE-Fe
    3w4-7w8-8w7 sx/so

  8. #88
    GammavsBeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default


  9. #89

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is "real"... as it's based on actual observations. That's the whole point. However, what was true in the past isn't necessarily true in the future.

    This is called Inductivism.

    The real test for what's "real" or not is if you can successfully predict the future via a test and get it right, and you can explain why. That's what a scientific theory does.

    That's called hypothetico-deductivism or Popperian conjectures and refutations.

    So how do you predict the future? Well if you follow a complex chain of deductive reasoning based on certain universal scientific laws and principles that do not change over time, then you can successfully predict the future.

    However, Socionics does not have such universal laws or principles or theoretical perspectives.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,156
    Mentioned
    915 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    "arithmetics isn't real. sometimes I got 2*2=5"
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

  11. #91

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jesus Christ... this is some seriously disturbing cultist religious shit.

    Saying that there's some sort a divine social "mission" to a "type" is some ISIS level freakishness.

    It's like as if people with their own individuality and uniqueness need to be "fitted in" to some grand plan that is "written out" by Socionics.

    Creating "purpose" is on the level of religion and spirituality, not something that is supposedly scientific or even philosophical. No wonder that some people are so attracted to Socionics in a fanatic way: they're looking for a religion to guide them.

    However it's worse than a religion, since at least religion is something that's personal and private. But because of its pseudo-scientific bent, it's taking everyone around them with them and forcing others to fit into this peculiar system.

  12. #92
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Most of your rage against Socionics could be solved with some hot chocolate and marshmallows @Singu

  13. #93
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Jesus Christ... this is some seriously disturbing cultist religious shit.

    Saying that there's some sort a divine social "mission" to a "type" is some ISIS level freakishness.

    It's like as if people with their own individuality and uniqueness need to be "fitted in" to some grand plan that is "written out" by Socionics.

    Creating "purpose" is on the level of religion and spirituality, not something that is supposedly scientific or even philosophical. No wonder that some people are so attracted to Socionics in a fanatic way: they're looking for a religion to guide them.
    Jesus Christ...you are such a petrified, whiny little bitch. Calm the fuck down. All this hair on fire hysteria just screams that you have a severe case of EXXP "they're (read: some hyperbolic manifestation of "the man") just trying to control us, dude." If you'd rather live off the grid, outside of the confines of some categorical system, fine, do that. Go play in traffic or something. You've already reiterated how and why you think Socionics is bullshit. Just stop trying to consistently and irritatingly pester the rest of us that don't immediately drop a turd at the notion---pardon---FACT that there are observable personality traits that often cluster together, thereby creating what could be called a personality type. You don't like Socionics being framed with a "religious"/"cultish" bent? Fine. I believe in science > evolution and natural selection > I tend to think that every cognitive type serves some sort of "purpose" that enhances the chances of survival for our species as a collective. If everyone successfully carries out their programming/hard wiring, then we should achieve some level of balance and homeostasis. Because I acknowledge that even you have a place in the cog, there should be some consideration given to your point of view; but at this point, you've said enough. We get it. You don't like Socionics > potentially, it has dangerous implications and consequences. Got it. Now STFU.



  14. #94

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    ILe-nE
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hot Chocolate !!!!!! ... #### I just noticed I am actually hungry.

  15. #95

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    Jesus Christ...you are such a petrified, whiny little bitch. Calm the fuck down. All this hair on fire hysteria just screams that you have a severe case of EXXP "they're (read: some hyperbolic manifestation of "the man") just trying to control us, dude." If you'd rather live off the grid, outside of the confines of some categorical system, fine, do that. Go play in traffic or something. You've already reiterated how and why you think Socionics is bullshit. Just stop trying to consistently and irritatingly pester the rest of us that don't immediately drop a turd at the notion---pardon---FACT that there are observable personality traits that often cluster together, thereby creating what could be called a personality type. You don't like Socionics being framed with a "religious"/"cultish" bent? Fine. I believe in science > evolution and natural selection >
    lol @ irony. Most of your posts are filled with rage and hysteria, including this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    I tend to think that every cognitive type serves some sort of "purpose" that enhances the chances of survival for our species as a collective.


    Okay. Let's say that you or somebody found a "purpose" for a type. Does that mean that all of those types now have to accept that same "purpose"? Technically yes, since all types think and act more or less the same.

    Please, nobody decides a "purpose" for somebody else. If you don't think that's seriously disturbing, then something is wrong with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    If everyone successfully carries out their programming/hard wiring, then we should achieve some level of balance and homeostasis. Because I acknowledge that even you have a place in the cog, there should be some consideration given to your point of view; but at this point, you've said enough.


    And you're the one who decides whether it's hard-wired or not, what's good for others, or not? That's seriously disturbing.

    I thought that kind of stuff only happened on totalitarian societies.

    "we should achieve some level of balance and homeostasis." - sounds like Thanos lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alonzo View Post
    We get it. You don't like Socionics > potentially, it has dangerous implications and consequences. Got it. Now STFU.


    I get it, you throw a fit whenever the Holy Truth of Socionics is criticized even slightly (hint: that's how "science" progresses, through criticisms).

    It's like people here are so thin-skinned that they throw a hissy fit whenever an obscure theory that is not even their own creation gets criticized.

    Why take it so personally, bruh? Maybe you're a little too invested in it?

  16. #96
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    lol @ irony. Most of your posts are filled with rage and hysteria, including this one.
    ..

  17. #97
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,936
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    l
    Okay. Let's say that you or somebody found a "purpose" for a type. Does that mean that all of those types now have to accept that same "purpose"? Technically yes, since all types think and act more or less the same.

    Please, nobody decides a "purpose" for somebody else. If you don't think that's seriously disturbing, then something is wrong with you.
    It's good to make a distinction between the individual and the type. The type is a unit of IM that the individual has. This unit has been shown to be typical, it repeats itself in many other individuals.

    You can indeed say that the type has a purpose, because the IM is a specialization that can realize itself. For example, a LII type is good at analyzing so that's the purpose of a LII, so to speak. That's not the same as saying that the individual's purpose is to analyze, but considering that the individual with a LII type is strong in the field of analyzing one might very well suspect that that will be his "life mission". But the individual is always so much more, his history, his environment etc.

    When we talk about the "purpose of an IEI" (or any other type) we focus only on the type, and assume that if the individual has brought his type out into the world to do something meaningful, what could that be.

    In that way, "the purpose of an IEI" will not be true for all individuals of this type, however, it will say something general about how this type of specialization can be made meaningful.

  18. #98

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well then that would only mean that types are more or less not the same. Because if they were... then they would all share the same purpose. Which... defeats the whole concept of types.

    The fact is that that the assertion and the observation often don't jibe together. And so that you often have to make ad-hoc modifications like maybe it's due to upbringing, maybe this type is slightly different, not all types are the same and so forth.

    Virtually any kind of assertion could be logically consistent with the observation. But being logically consistent doesn't necessarily mean that it's true. You could say that "This IEE has strong Ti because of his upbringing, because of his training, because he is intelligent, because he has dualized...". Or you could just say that having good relational skills and logical skills are not necessarily inversely correlated.

    So how would you know whether your assertion is "true" or not? Well since there is only "one" reality, the assertion can't possibly be easily modified. There is only one possible explanation for something, and that explanation can't be easily modified.

  19. #99
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    lol
    The purposeful stuff is probably a little bit of a relic from the soviet era in which Ashura came up with the socionics system. Its no problem for most here I'm assuming.

    I don't think its much of an issue if you look around given that people are playing out little story lines inside informational element niches.

    For me its no problem at all because the personality is not the Self, or Soul. Maybe for you, you still are in the place that believes the personality is 'you'. So to have such a boxed in view like socionics is tantamount for a crime against your own humanity.

    The personality is like a cloak, or another set of skin. Its just kind of modus operandi for your consciousness. Its not you. This is a bit of a spiritual insight that you have yet to come to.

    Don't feel like the odd man out though. Many, many people, if not most people, feel that their personality is what they truly are for the entire lifespan, from childhood to death. So it's the normal.

  20. #100
    Alonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    327
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    lol @ irony. Most of your posts are filled with rage and hysteria, including this one.



    Okay. Let's say that you or somebody found a "purpose" for a type. Does that mean that all of those types now have to accept that same "purpose"? Technically yes, since all types think and act more or less the same.

    Please, nobody decides a "purpose" for somebody else. If you don't think that's seriously disturbing, then something is wrong with you.



    And you're the one who decides whether it's hard-wired or not, what's good for others, or not? That's seriously disturbing.

    I thought that kind of stuff only happened on totalitarian societies.

    "we should achieve some level of balance and homeostasis." - sounds like Thanos lol.



    I get it, you throw a fit whenever the Holy Truth of Socionics is criticized even slightly (hint: that's how "science" progresses, through criticisms).

    It's like people here are so thin-skinned that they throw a hissy fit whenever an obscure theory that is not even their own creation gets criticized.

    Why take it so personally, bruh? Maybe you're a little too invested in it?
    1.) If I were to be generous, approximately 1/10 of my short posting history contains what could be argued as "hysteria"--I've taken a look and your ratio is inarguably far worse. Moreover, my wrath was primarily confined to 2 threads and concerned concrete, currently ongoing real life/time events that have a direct impact on my life quality vs. your nonstop bitching and moaning about barely trending personality theory and one in particular that the vast majority of the world is completely unfamiliar with. I believe this distinction matters.

    2.) According to both my endocrinologist and geneticist, a reactive, short fuse/"hot" temperament is an integral, naturally occurring aspect of my being; I can attempt to mitigate it to varying degrees but, ultimately, what will be, will be. There is a liberating peace that comes with knowing and accepting my truth. Fortunately for you and the rest of the world, there are counterbalancing forces/dispositions as evidenced in this very thread by the likes of @Tallmo and @Finaplex whose views perfectly encapsulate my own, albeit with a lot less open hostility. Mother nature be praised for personality diversity--at another moment on the time continuum, you'd probably be unsatisfying lion food while the onlooking public cheered, were it solely up to me.

    3.) I don't mind being "Thanos" so long as you don't mind being "Chicken Little"/"Chicken Licken"/"Henny Penny"--whichever birdbrained descriptor you'd prefer.

    4.) I believe that living in sync with our (what should be ever more empirically backed/verified/defined/refined) cognitive hard wiring provides the best overall sense of contentment and fulfillment on an individual level and optimal systemic efficiency on a macro level. The "software" (read: epigenetics, environment, one's nurturing, and subsequent personalized quirks and idiosyncrasies) can come in a plethora of genres, but are only successfully playable so long as they fit the "hardware." One of the reasons why I believe that personality systems like Socionics can provide great benefit for everyone is because not only do they they practically allow for a degree of self discovery, affirmation and/or growth but positions our differences in ways that benefit the collective > humanity is the sum of its parts.

    I was raised in an environment that stifled my lead functions in a way that always had me second guessing what, in actuality, are my greatest strengths; subsequently, that shit lead to a lot of unhealthy behavior on my part, all because I was constantly battling to stand in my truth. Personality systems, in part, allowed me to see that my drives and instincts were correct (for how my brain cognitively presents), and that I should follow them no matter what, in order to experience the greatest life satisfaction > this has proved to be true for myself and many others. Therefore, it's offensive for you to routinely diminish its utility in a space where people are trying to learn and improve. Are these personality systems perfect? Far from it. But that doesn't mean that they are worthless and should be discarded; instead, we must persist in making them work better, more accurately and with greater efficiency. Whoever said that would be easy? Don't be one of the lame motherfuckers warning everyone else about sailing to the end of the earth and falling off.

    5.) For those with sufficient reading comprehension skills, they were able to see that I did say that your perspective is one that should be considered. You were not dismissed out of hand; there is some validity to your arguments. What I take issue with is the bitch made, incessantly nagging, "beating a dead horse" quality of your "criticisms." This is a Socionics forum, the vast majority of people here obviously find some degree of utility in it. You aren't on the winning team, bruh.

  21. #101

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatrop View Post
    No. It's just a thread from someone who thinks that has wasted a lot of potential in life and wants to make some meaningful impact. It's not about purpose. It's about recognizing what's already there, a tendency among a certain type to play a certain role. It is a metaphorical term that emphazises the areas in life that have a lot of potential, a possible path of least resistance. PLEASE, DON'T TAKE THE WORD "MISSION" TOO LITERALLY.
    I'm afraid that Socionics can't help you much with finding your "purpose". It doesn't really "know" you in a way that you think it does.

    Socionics is a relatively questionable theory tinged with mysticism that is not without many criticisms, and a pseudo-sociological perspective that can supposedly predict social progress with near perfect precision. Whatever that you read in Socionics is not the literal truth.

    To be honest, what disturbed me is not only your post, but also the post above mine. Some people think that they can just have an "Order-Made Dual" who will be perfect for them and fully "gets" them, automatically cover their weaknesses, does whatever that they want them to do, fulfill their deepest desires and fantasies, and love them forever and ever, all without any effort on their part without needing to change or compromise a single bit.

    Because... their dual is "made" for them. They have a "purpose". And having purpose presupposes having a designer. That's a religious outlook. Evolution doesn't have a designer, and we can't really predict how we're going to evolve in the future.

    I mean people have tendencies to idealize love and romance, but that's a pretty skewered outlook. You can also see how it just does not work, given seeing people who have been posting here years and years and never managing to find their "perfect dual". Or some people delude themselves into thinking that their lover is their "perfect dual".

  22. #102

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Alonzo At least I don't constantly throw insults at people with bold texts and CAPITALIZATION.

  23. #103
    Megatrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Brazil
    TIM
    INFj 9w1 so/sp
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok guys, I think we've had enough

  24. #104
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Alonzo @Singu

    Please take it to pm or to one of the other "socionics isn't real" threads so I don't have to do a thread split. Remember to keep it civil. Thank you.

    Edit: Moved
    Last edited by Aylen; 05-01-2019 at 12:44 AM.

    ďMy typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.Ē​ óC.G. Jung

     



  25. #105
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,733
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    I'm afraid that Socionics can't help you much with finding your "purpose". It doesn't really "know" you in a way that you think it does.

    Socionics is a relatively questionable theory tinged with mysticism that is not without many criticisms, and a pseudo-sociological perspective that can supposedly predict social progress with near perfect precision. Whatever that you read in Socionics is not the literal truth.

    To be honest, what disturbed me is not only your post, but also the post above mine. Some people think that they can just have an "Order-Made Dual" who will be perfect for them and fully "gets" them, automatically cover their weaknesses, does whatever that they want them to do, fulfill their deepest desires and fantasies, and love them forever and ever, all without any effort on their part without needing to change or compromise a single bit.

    Because... their dual is "made" for them. They have a "purpose". And having purpose presupposes having a designer. That's a religious outlook. Evolution doesn't have a designer, and we can't really predict how we're going to evolve in the future.

    I mean people have tendencies to idealize love and romance, but that's a pretty skewered outlook. You can also see how it just does not work, given seeing people who have been posting here years and years and never managing to find their "perfect dual". Or some people delude themselves into thinking that their lover is their "perfect dual".
    Socionics is bad fly singu fly

  26. #106

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,239
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Socionics is bad fly singu fly
    Well I hope you realize that you're the idiot for buying into this crap. However not my problem.

    This place is an embarrassment to the rest of the world. It's literally filled with crazy people who believe in things like astrology, New Age, who practice sorcery and witchcraft, those who think Jung is someone who is really deep and profound, those who can barely write coherent posts.

    I thought that despite all the craziness, there's still something to this "theory". It turns out that there wasn't.

  27. #107
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Posts
    2,733
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Well I hope you realize that you're the idiot for buying into this crap. However not my problem.

    This place is an embarrassment to the rest of the world. It's literally filled with crazy people who believe in things like astrology, New Age, who practice sorcery and witchcraft, those who think Jung is someone who is really deep and profound, those who can barely write coherent posts.

    I thought that despite all the craziness, there's still something to this "theory". It turns out that there wasn't.
    I hope u realize that everybody knows that u dont know and are still looking for answers on this forum

  28. #108
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Well I hope you realize that you're the idiot for buying into this crap. However not my problem.

    This place is an embarrassment to the rest of the world. It's literally filled with crazy people who believe in things like astrology, New Age, who practice sorcery and witchcraft, those who think Jung is someone who is really deep and profound, those who can barely write coherent posts.

    I thought that despite all the craziness, there's still something to this "theory". It turns out that there wasn't.
    Your lack of respect for other forum members is noted. Hope you feel better now. I have no issue with your opinions and may agree with some but your lashing out and insulting people's opinions and beliefs, no matter how crazy they are to you, is not how you change hearts and minds. If that is what you are attempting to do. If this is your goodbye then I wish you well.

    ďMy typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.Ē​ óC.G. Jung

     



  29. #109
    This is the longest title I could think of. Stefilias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In between
    TIM
    False democracy
    Posts
    159
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Well I hope you realize that you're the idiot for buying into this crap. However not my problem.

    This place is an embarrassment to the rest of the world. It's literally filled with crazy people who believe in things like astrology, New Age, who practice sorcery and witchcraft, those who think Jung is someone who is really deep and profound, those who can barely write coherent posts.

    I thought that despite all the craziness, there's still something to this "theory". It turns out that there wasn't.
    Who says people buy this crap? maybe up to a certain point, but I highly doubt anyone is 100% "only socionics is real". Life is made of many things, there is no need to torture oneself over what one can't make sense of, because I don't think socionics makes sense in itself, one has to make sense of it. At best, it's a language people use to understand each others. If someone wants socionics to rule their life, it's no one's problem but theirs.

  30. #110

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    ILe-nE
    Posts
    130
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics still not solid. You don't sell prototype for public use.. everything have stages . Most prototype don't have that much usable and selling falues. also people scared something that new. It's intimidating to them. I always wonder why some people treat me like ESTp. Now I know. Some say ILE's are crazy. Maybe it's true.

  31. #111
    fka he died with a felafel / felafel Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,418
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Maybe it's real but maybe it is skin-deep too.
    "Inasmuch as it is nothing but pure communicability, every face, even the most noble and beautiful, is always suspended on the edge of an abyss"

  32. #112
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    I'm afraid that Socionics can't help you much with finding your "purpose". It doesn't really "know" you in a way that you think it does.

    Socionics is a relatively questionable theory tinged with mysticism that is not without many criticisms, and a pseudo-sociological perspective that can supposedly predict social progress with near perfect precision. Whatever that you read in Socionics is not the literal truth.

    To be honest, what disturbed me is not only your post, but also the post above mine. Some people think that they can just have an "Order-Made Dual" who will be perfect for them and fully "gets" them, automatically cover their weaknesses, does whatever that they want them to do, fulfill their deepest desires and fantasies, and love them forever and ever, all without any effort on their part without needing to change or compromise a single bit.

    Because... their dual is "made" for them. They have a "purpose". And having purpose presupposes having a designer. That's a religious outlook. Evolution doesn't have a designer, and we can't really predict how we're going to evolve in the future.

    I mean people have tendencies to idealize love and romance, but that's a pretty skewered outlook. You can also see how it just does not work, given seeing people who have been posting here years and years and never managing to find their "perfect dual". Or some people delude themselves into thinking that their lover is their "perfect dual".
    Of course it does.

    The forces design the parameters. The genes design the rules. The chemical bonds design the cohesion. It goes further if you care to be more open minded. Random mutation just couldn't cut it itself.

    As far as predicting how we will evolve you can bet it will involve gene manipulation and probably will follow firstly the betterment of mankind, followed, in secret at first, and then later on as society shifts, more openly following our imagination in a chaotic and common place fashion as the internet is to people today.

    We created iphones inspired by a Star Trek Tricoder and the same thing will happen with our bodies in the sense that we will create living Gods from our super heros and superstition stories out of us as we manipulate and swap the genetic code right at the source. Fast forward even further and we will have really mixed up genetics in a new stiring of the pot the like of which has not happened since the Cambrian Explosion. Maybe that's been the plan all along, Life's plan, Earth's plan, to create an organism that can directly influence gene exchange in a way that has never exsisted before. Maybe that was life's dream since before the invention of sex.

    Anyway you are firmly a materialist and basically only see 1, 0's, and the random firing of neurones that create consciousness. Which I'm sure you think is just a clever trick of the find while you suck Sam Harris's cock. Its all clock work to you guys and hopefully our science will just a million angle strong figure it all out.
    Last edited by Finaplex; 05-30-2019 at 03:19 AM.

  33. #113
    peteronfireee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    TIM
    LSI
    Posts
    623
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Socionics is only one piece of the puzzle, like the skeleton... Our life experiences, the generation we were born in, our parental influences, moral guidelines, etc all factor in as well

    Socionics is simply an observation that people process information differently (ex: some people prefer to follow authority and empirical data vs some other people like to make their own conclusions) and that this affects interpersonal relationships; it’s a tool in the bag, not an absolute predictor.

  34. #114
    jason_m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    987
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I liken socionics to the discovery of the atom; Democritus, a philosopher, discovered the atom centuries before scientists even considered the idea - the problem: he formulated the basic 'elements' as 'earth', 'wind', 'fire', etc. Likewise, I believe the nucleus of socionics is way ahead of its time; IM, relations and 'soulmates' based on personality, etc. The problem, just like Democritus, is the formulation of personality based on 'Ti', 'Ne', etc. To me, this is like Democritus' earth, wind, and fire. I.e., it's the best we can do for now, but it has to be replaced with something more scientific down the road. Just my opinion. Everyone else can believe what they want.

  35. #115
    عالم نفسي thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,013
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    I liken socionics to the discovery of the atom; Democritus, a philosopher, discovered the atom centuries before scientists even considered the idea - the problem: he formulated the basic 'elements' as 'earth', 'wind', 'fire', etc. Likewise, I believe the nucleus of socionics is way ahead of its time; IM, relations and 'soulmates' based on personality, etc. The problem, just like Democritus, is the formulation of personality based on 'Ti', 'Ne', etc. To me, this is like Democritus' earth, wind, and fire. I.e., it's the best we can do for now, but it has to be replaced with something more scientific down the road. Just my opinion. Everyone else can believe what they want.
    This is so true. Although it's not so much a matter of being replaced as it is constructing a rigorous (and, potentially empirically testable) model.

    Democritus's idea of atoms was totally scientific, it was just out of experimental range at the time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •