Thread: EII/INFj and stopped posture

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default EII/INFj and stopped posture

How did this happen or how does it happen?

I am looking at very young pictures of myself and seems that it’s always been like this

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

then: no one told you to sit upright and that resulted in a bad habit.

these days a smartphone is enough to fuck with your posture

the word you're looking for is "stooped" and it's not type related

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    then: no one told you to sit upright and that resulted in a bad habit.

these days a smartphone is enough to fuck with your posture

the word you're looking for is "stooped" and it's not type related
    But it is according to socionists who observed EII. They even wrote it down and they didn’t have cell phones then
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I see... it was EII who burned down Notre Dame. Keep good care of your backside or else you end up being unfortunate quasimodo (or ILI professor who walked in extremely crooked position).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    I see... it was EII who burned down Notre Dame. Keep good care of your backside or else you end up being unfortunate quasimodo (or ILI professor who walked in extremely crooked position).
    Lol
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Beskova EII

“EIIs may look fragile or loose in their body, and are sometimes a bit stoop-shouldered.”
    -

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    But it is according to socionists who observed EII
    If one of them wrote that EIIs are prone to have Diabetes would you believe that, too?
    Quite a few people sit like that it's ntr

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

If one of them wrote that EIIs are prone to have Diabetes would you believe that, too?
    Here’s what she says about EIE “Her posture has a tint of royalty - her back is straight, she holds her head proudly. At the same time she is light and elegant and can remain the same until very old age.”

And it’s like my EIE friends (2)
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a picture full of EIIs

(jk, first guy on the left is SEE, second guy on the right is LSI, the girl on the back at boss seat is probably SEI)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s what she says about EIE....
    You didn't answer the question xD nice try

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You didn't answer the question xD nice try
    I would start looking for clues
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/Z

a picture full of EIIs

(jk, first guy on the left is SEE, second guy on the right is LSI, the girl on the back at boss seat is probably SEI)
    When they are standing up
    -

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would start looking for clues
    I would start talking straight: Your understanding of socionics is poor and your attempts to squeeze every part of human nature into it is a waste of time and effort. Do something about your posture.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would start talking straight: Your understanding of socionics is poor and your attempts to squeeze every part of human nature into it is a waste of time and effort
    Sure mr I just stepped onto the scene and I can tell everyone they are wrong when I’m a rookie idiot (you are)
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah..

(two of the same peeps from before)

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the record, I have stooped posture, just like my LIE dad and LSE grandma. My SLI mom cannot stoop; physically impossible. Related to the spinal makeup.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yeah..

(two of the same peeps from before)
    LSI have stooped posture too
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reliable, proper, responsible, MAXIM is distinguished by good posture and wide straight shoulders - he has a true military bearing.
    Beskova

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Beskova
    Well there’s contradictory information about that. I’ll post my reference when I get home
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe VI is a bit contradictory?

Doctor of Socionics First Class Socionics Is Not A Cult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have extremely stooped and awkward postures - often becoming aware of this, which worsens it. If Socionics is to be applied, it is probably p>j thing.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've always sat like that since I was a kid for the simple reason that it's more comfortable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's not more EII related than to other N and to some degree I types
    which have worse physical selfcontrol and may miss what they do, may adopt to sit for long near computer or books in such way, having lesser physical activity and worse developed muscles to hold the body as should
    though mb at any type, while your EIE being N is among more expected ones

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Re:

How did this happen or how does it happen?

I am looking at very young pictures of myself and seems that it’s always been like this

Kyphosis, can be treated unless maybe you were born with it and it is severe? My cousin has a mild case but she wore a brace which prevented that stooped look from ever happening. Good thing her parents caught it when she was child. In most people it isn't very noticeable until they get old. It is different from slouching which I do on the computer but I don't have this. My spine is fine.

It is probably genetic. If you don't want issues when you get older you might want to look into treating it before it is too late.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    which have worse physical selfcontrol and may miss what they do, may adopt to sit for long near computer or books in such way, having lesser physical activity and worse developed muscles to hold the body as should
    I’m asking you kindly put me on ignore. You spew out so much nonsense it makes my head spin and right now I have enough to deal with and I don’t want to hear from you
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

There are so many more great LSE in the world to everyone who gets put off by one. Go find another. It will improve your life
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Re:

Kyphosis, can be treated unless maybe you were born with it and it is severe? My cousin has a mild case but she wore a brace which prevented that stooped look from ever happening. Good thing her parents caught it when she was child. In most people it isn't very noticeable until they get old. It is different from slouching which I do on the computer but I don't have this. My spine is fine.

It is probably genetic. If you don't want issues when you get older you might want to look into treating it before it is too late.
    It’s not genetic. No one except one EII cousin in Armenia has it-out of 100 family members
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Re:

It is probably genetic. If you don't want issues when you .
    Would you guys help me out by making sure that sol ignores me permanently
    -

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Would you guys help me out by making sure that sol ignores me permanently
    Go to his profile and you can block him yourself. Then you will no longer see his posts unless you want to.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Good bye and good luck with your life
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the impression BS is trolling us all

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That felt great.
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

glad you're having fun!

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Kierkegaard had it too. Adding this since the op asks why this could be. It might save someone from losing some inches as they get older. I don't have many inches to spare. :/ I admit I have been more aware of my posture than usual reading this thread. It isn't too bad but I have brought my laptop up level to my eyes. lol

"I confess to being put off when the “diagnosis”--“hunchback”--is listed among Kierkegaard’s major maladies. For me “hunchback” somehow conflates into Hugo’s Quasimodo, an image that carries with it conscious and unconscious revulsion and/or pity over his horrid deformity. I believe this psychological content helps fuel biases—e.g., a hidden explanation for the actions of this “isolated, asocial” individual. Although we have only one idealized portrait and several caricatures to go by, I am confident that Kierkegaard was no Quasimodo. The medical term for forward bending of the spine is called kyphosis; present normally to a mild degree in all of us in our upper back. Certain disease processes will accentuate this bend, causing a “hump.” Linguistically sterile the word kyphosis may be, but blessed by absence of the psychological or sociological content Hugo gave it. Clearly Kierkegaard exhibited a significant, probably abnormal kyphosis.

Several disorders could well have been its cause. X-ray films of pathological kyphosis will show collapse of the front side of one or more vertebral bodies, the 24 mobile hockey-puck shaped bones which make up the weight bearing anatomy of the spine. The affected body will be wedged shaped, the apex to the front, producing a forward thrust of the column above it and the noticeable “hump” over the site on the individual’s back. Sometimes, in order to bring one’s weight back over his or her hips, an individual will develop an increase of the normal low back (sway-back) lordosis below the affected area, an observation seemingly caught by Klaestrup.

Kyphosis can be associated with rare severe inherited metabolic disorders resulting in structural weakness in the building blocks of skin, bone, cartilage, tendons, and related tissues. Invariably these illnesses exhibit striking features, such as those captured by Hugo (and Chaney). Most often these individuals also have a lateral twisting of the spine called scoliosis, the combination called kypho-scoliosis, a finding not apparent in our images of Kierkegaard.

More commonly, one or two vertebrae, particularly those in the thoracic region can collapse in a wedge seemingly spontaneously—an occurrence in an otherwise normal person. The condition occurs frequently enough to bear the name Scheuermann’s disease. Believed to be a disorder of the growth process, Scheuermann’s often will first appear at the onset of puberty. If not corrected, the condition is permanent. Most often it remains stable, the individual affected only by the appearance of the hump. However it can be severe enough to compress the nerves that comprise the spinal cord and cause varying symptoms of neuronal damage below the defect, ranging from abdominal pain, to sphincter problems to lower leg paralysis. When one considers that no mention ever was made of the hump until Kierkegaard’s adulthood, Scheuermann’s could well explain the notorious hump and its consequences."

Søren Kierkegaard Newsletter 49 - St. Olaf College

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re:

Ack!! I do this (girl on left). It’s only something I can control when I focus constantly. And I’ve already lost at least 1/2” in height since I was younger. I didn’t know this was a real disorder...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I’ve been to a doctor. Never lost height and in perfect health
    -

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The woman next to you, with the round glasses, looks just like you. Your mother perhaps?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One aspect of xII/se PoLR that definitely applies to me is physical appearance/facial expressions, being somewhat ungainly in the way that I walk. I've constantly been told to work on my posture. I may end up leaning back instead of leaning forward, so a lot to work on...

I have gotten better with posture, at least with going horsebackriding but I think I will always be a bit on the klutzy side. In order for a horse to trust you, you need to show confident posture and give off a calm energy. They are herd animals so they rely a lot on trusting one another and groups. Also, I've been taking up piano and this helps with posture. I do have mild scoliosis, nothing serious so that's part of it.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?