Thread: Can someone type me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Can someone type me?

Beware really long post ahead.
    Hi, I just registered and I wanted to know if anyone of you could help me in finding my type. I'm more familiar with the MBTI typing initials, so if you could also explain to me the initials you use here it'd be great! I answered a questionnaire from a subreddit and posted it there, but I just received one answer and I'd like to hear more opinions about me. I'll be posting the questions I answered for my previous post as well as the ones from here and I think they'll give you enough material to work on, as it is a lot of questions.

Reddit Questionnaire

• How old are you? What's your gender? Give us a general description of yourself.

I'm a 21 years old male, but if you see me on the street I look like a 16 yo teen. I'm about to start college (a bit late, I know) and I'm currently studying Japanese and programming languages online.

• Is there a medical diagnosis that impact your mental/comportamental stability somehow?

I never went to a psychologist, although I consider myself a lot anxious and this forces me to withdraw from several situations in my life, which makes me really pissed.

• Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?

My mom is very religious and did raise me into religion. I don't like the idea of religion, but I think is a good thing when people use it well. My parents are divorced, but she was always (and still is!) a great mom. Basically, she was the only one responsible for my education and for what I am as a human being. She was very rigid during my childhood and sometimes over-preoccupied and overprotective, but I don't hate this, I just don't like this kind of behavior. I think limits are very important for a child.

• What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?

I'm planning to enter college for design, but I'm not sure of what I want. I'm really indecisive. When I was in high school I planned to enter medical school, but someway along the years I lost my will. Two years ago I started studying computer science, but dropped the course. I hate this lack of perseverance in me.

• If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?

It would depend of what I'd want in the moment. But I don't have problems being alone. This last 2 years I spent lots of time at home by myself due to my over the top anxiety.

• What is your relation with movement and your surroundings? For instance do you prefer a sport or outdoors event? If an outdoors event what is it? And why? If not what type of activities do you tend to engage in?

I like all sorts of activities. I tend not to outdoors/sport things due to the fact that I'm not satisfied with my body and that's all, otherwise I'd engage in everything. I was a skinny kid through my high school years. Gaming, reading, running, playing sports (although I don't like group sports like soccer - physical contact is not my thing).

• How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?

I'd consider myself curious, but not that dangerous type of curious person. I'm often curious about technology, how things work, how languages are, these kind of subjects (at the moment). I don't think I have more ideas than those I can execute, but I have a lot of dreams, though. Dreams that I know will be true someday.

• Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?

I'd lead a group that is focused in achieving an objective, a group that is conscious about each one's role in the process. I think I'd be a good leader, but if I would be comfortable with being a leader? No, I wouldn't. I would be the kind of leader that sits in a rounded table and asks everyone about their opinions, their struggles and problems.

• Are you coordinated? Why do you feel as if you are or are not? Do you enjoy working with your hands in some form? Describe your activity?

Yes, when I plan ahead and see what's coming at me. I don't like planning, but I do plan and I think it's necessary for some things to work. I think this whole planning thing is what brings me my anxiety, because if I don't know how things will be I get nervous.
    I like cooking and drawing, things you do with your hands (?), I think so. But I don't LOVE cooking, I like to do it when I'm in the mood. And about drawing I must say that it is kinda of ignored by me because I can't achieve my goal, due to lack of practice.

• Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forums of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.

I love art. All sorts of art. I'm not that artistic, but I'd like to be. I'd like to draw well and to play the piano. I love music, paintings, literature and movies/anime. I listen to music almost every day, I also used to read a lot of fiction books (mostly), although I don't do it so much nowadays. In the paintings manner, I prefer those renascence ones, which are really beautiful. Greek sculptures are also amazing.

• What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?

The past can be nostalgic, but also relieving. The present can be harsh, but also a blessing. And the future is where our dreams are, but also our worries. I'm most driven by the past and fear the future.

• How do you act when others request your help to do something (anything)? If you would decide to help them, why would you do so?

If is someone close to me, I'd answer their request right away, although if it is someone that I don't know, I'd probably evaluate if what they are asking me will or will not put me in a bad situation. But at most times I'd help them. I'd help them because I learned and believe that you must do to others what you'd like others to do to you.

• Do you need logical consistency in your life?

Pure logical? No.

• How important is efficiency and productivity to you?

Really important. I try to do my best in every task I take, and I expect others to do the same.

• Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that?

I wouldn't say I control people, because I don't. But what I do is to express firmly my thoughts about some subject, and if I think something is wrong I get really pissed (but like, real wrong, not just different opinions or tastes). But this personality I just show at home, where I'm comfortable and where I know people won't stop liking me for this kind of behavior. If I see something wrong and a workplace or at school, I will just look at it and be angry about it.

• What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?

Nowadays I'm mostly gaming and learning Japanese. But I do like to read, watch movies and anime, cook things, plant things and have fun with animals. I like them because I do, can't explain why.

• What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?

I'm that kind of student that needs time to process what I just learned. In school I would just pay attention to the class, do homework and be done. I'd just review the subjects a day before the tests and never struggled about this. And I need to write what I must learn in order to internalize. For me to learn better, my physical environment must be comfortable. Temperature and cleanliness are the most important things for me in a learning environment AND the teacher must be good. I have never struggled with loud noises like conversations or music.
    I prefer logical classes, because I must know why that happens in order for me to really learn. I don't believe in memorization, for me it is not learning, it is not long-term knowledge. Except for learning a new language, because some things you must memorize, as there is no logic. Creativity and physical are cool as well, but it's never a steady terrain to step in, as something you learn today might not be true tomorrow.

• How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?

I don't consider myself a good strategist, but I think I can manage some kind of strategy for some situations. And I tend to think the best option is to break the projects up into manageable tasks, as it becomes easier to execute. I don't like improvisation when you must plan.

• What's important to you and why?

My family, my freedom, my freewill and my happiness. Because without any of these things life wouldn't be ideal.

• What are your aspirations?

I want to travel the world (Japan and Australia first), learn new languages, have children, a cool house, dogs and cats. I also want to be a good person and be professionally fulfilled.

• What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?

I hate lies, people harming others for the one's sake and treason. For 'mundane fears', I fear spiders, heights, enclosed spaces and dark waters. As for 'mental fears' I fear the future, sometimes. I also fear the idea of losing loved ones although I don't believe everything ends with death. Some social situations can make me uncomfortable.

• What do the "highs" in your life look like?

I haven't lived much yet, but my childhood is definitely a high in my life, until the age of 12. When I entered high school and made new friends was also a big important and happy part of my life, I'm really grateful for that year.

• What do the "lows" in your life look like?

Being really alone, sad, feeling bad and suicidal. (glad I'm better).

• How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?

I think my mind moves really fast. I do daydream, but most of the times I do it when I'm alone (or with people I don't know). And when I do it I am conscious really about my surroundings.

• Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?

How I'm feeling, why am I in there, who put me in there. If I stay long enough and I'm not anxious or feeling bad I'd probably sit/lay down and start to think other things. But I'd also want to leave there straight away.

• How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?

Loads, loads and loads of time. And I do change my mind, multiple times. If I decide and at the very moment I don't make it happen, I will probably rethink it all over again. This is one of the things I don't really like about me. I agree that we must be cautious about important stuff in our lives, but sometimes I always think I'm too indecisive.

• How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?

I think the most important emotion is happiness and happiness only. The other ones can me tamed. But I really love emotions as they are what makes us humans. And I can't control my emotions well.

• Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?

If it is someone I don't have intimacy to express my thoughts or if it is a delicate subject I will just smile and nod, even though I don't agree with what they are saying, BUT I will never say I agree with something I don't if I am asked directly. I will tell the truth, but I won't elaborate my answer. I do this because some people can get really personal about their thoughts and I do not wish to spend so much energy in a pointless debate or end up being disliked by that person.

• Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why would you?

I always tend to follow the rules, even if they are rules I do not agree with. I think authority should be challenge, but not for the sake of it, only if they are doing something that shouldn't be done. And if I do break the rules is because I think they are wrong and I wouldn't be ashamed of it.

• What is the ideal life, in your opinion?

Ideal life is if I'm happy, surrounded by people I love that love me and being free to do the things I want.

This Forum's Questionnaire

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

Now I pretty much stay at home, play games, do housework, and study things that please my when I'm in the mood, like Japanese, programming languages, personality types. But I'll college in the next semester. I'm pretty much trapped home because of a series of anxiety attacks I've been experiencing due to past traumas. (There was a time in my life when I was always feeling sick and I HATE vomiting, I don't vomit since I was 10. So, this fear of being sick out of my house would usually MAKE me be sick! Awful). So, I don't like being home all day long. Definitely not. And I think the idea of being stopped in time is the thing I hate the most, since I like being home, alone and comfortable.

What are your values, and why?

I live by the motto "If it doesn't hurt anyone it's ok". The things considered 'wrong' or 'right' for society or for some cultures are not always right in my point of view. I don't like to make others suffer nor see it.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

What I'm currently doing are pretty much just my hobbies. I like playing games, reading, watching movies and anime, drawing (even though I'm not good at it), learning things I like and so. I do them because I enjoy doing them, and I have a good time.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I'd say I have a good relation with pretty much everyone I'm close to. This second question is kind of vague. I like it when they don't do bad things, mostly or when they are dictatorial about their ideas. I like when they think of me, talk with me cool things and so.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

I have never had a romantic relation yet, but I think for someone to be my partner, they must be my friend first. And what I value in a friendship is primarily loyalty.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

Today I got into a 'fight', verbal argument, with my stepfather because he usually does not admits the things he does wrong and gets angry when pressured or accused. This really pisses me off. I usually do not express my opinions or my thoughts about people or to people pretty much because of this. There are people that don't like being wrong and I don't like arguments. It happened because I can't really tolerate those kind of things, it's really hard for me to live in an environment filled with lies and deceivers.

How would your friends describe you?

I don't know. Something like shy, doesn't talk at all and so. Funny, maybe?

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

My family say I'm intelligent, jack of all trades. I like that I'm always trying to improve myself in different areas.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

I've heard I'm too proud, sometimes indifferent of other people, know-it-all, stubborn. But what I really don't like about myself is my inability of commitment, lack of responsibility and persistence. Those are the weaknesses that are haunting me in the moment. But I'm hopeful that soon enough I'll overcome them.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

I can do well studying, dealing with finances, doing things properly, learning how to do all sorts of things and so. But I have trouble facing my fears, controlling myself emotionally, and having self-discipline. Those last that are really pushing me down (ATM!!! only), soon enough I'll overcome them.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

I don't like doing too easy or impossible things. I don't like repetitive stuff. I think what I like doing more than others is learning new languages, which I love btw.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

Answered previously.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

Travelling, using some of that money for charity works, learning... Mostly having fun, being happy, be it building something new or being lay down all day.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I really like the ability of certain people have to tell the truth face to face (though it can me noxious sometimes). And I don't like people that do whatever they can to achieve their goals and go though every and anyone that gets in their way, this really pisses me off.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

Daily chores are essential for a fair and good environment. Period. I have my own daily chores that are cleaning the first floor of our house, washing the breakfast's dishes and cooking on certain days. And for beautifying I like to keep the things nicely organized, clean, and with pretty decoration.

How do you behave around strangers?

I'm mostly far more reserved when I'm around strangers. I don't express what I truly think at all if I see that that person won't receive it well. I wouldn't say I'm shy, but I don't like talking with people I don't know, but if I have to I do talk with anyone naturally.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

It depends on the person. But I usually ignore or give them an answer that suits their insult. Some people are just not worth it. I was never involved in physical attacks before, but I would defend myself if so.

What is one common misconception that people have about things? Explain why it is wrong.

Some people thinking it's ok to cheat or to lie. It's wrong because when doing such things there is always someone that gets hurt, in a BAD way. And it could be easily avoided by telling the truth.

What did you do last Friday?

I really can't remember, as my days are pretty much the same every day.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

I don't know. I think I haven't lived enough yet.

What is something you regret?

I regret letting my fears control me and preventing me of doing things I want.

Who do you admire, and why?

I admire my mother, because she is a really independent and strong woman. She is caring, loving and also present in my life. She pretty much made me how I am, I really thank her for this.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

The problems I'm facing have been mentioned before. I'm constantly trying to overcome them.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

Answered previously.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

I do not care about politics at all, I think I have never got in a political argument outside my house, as people are to visceral about their beliefs in politics, which is kinda dangerous in my opinion. I think a country should be ruled in order to favor its people without harming others in the process and that's all. And also that the laws must be followed.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

I plan to. That are downsides to it, but I think that the best advantage it gives is the ability of doing whatever you want and not being controlled by someone else. I think it would be some kind of commercial business, I don't know yet.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

I like individual space, clean bathrooms, pleasurable colleagues and a good paycheck. That's all.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

I mostly didn't like anything I learn in school, even though I managed it well. But I think my mostly lovable subject was foreign languages classes, even though I always thought it was far too easy. I don't know why.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I value responsibility and I am responsible when I commit to something, but I don't like being responsible because I'm not self-disciplined, so I usually avoid commitments. And I always expect a promise to be fulfilled, that's the same reason why I don't make a lot of promises.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

We haven't got a financial stability for some years now, so I don't remember very well the last vacation I went to.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?

Oh, I think I changed A LOT since I was I child. I considered myself to be fearless, I ate a lot, I climbed trees and did things I wouldn't do today as I'm too afraid today. Also, I was always 'the leader' of the children I played with and nowadays I'm more of the agreeing with others's opinions person. I think I was never reckless and I ALWAYS obeyed my mother in literally everything she told me to or not to do.

What was your high school experience like?

I consider my high school experience to be great. I was kinda friendless before high school and in my first year I met such wonderful people, I was really pleased. And overall I think it was a pretty good experience.

Talk about a significant event from your life.

I don't know. I think I haven't lived enough yet.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

I like kids of other people, as long as they behave. So I pretty much keep a distance from kids. But I know that I'll around my kids at all moments, I'll love them very much.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

The main thing in the nurture of a child are the limits. A child must learn the roughness of life, they must learn how to always try to improve themselves and not to harm others. I think what's also super important is dialogue, without it, punishments can be revolting.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

No.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

Sometimes they are too blind about their own mistakes or simply won't admit it. Hypocrisy.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

I keep trying until I get it. But if I come to think it'll be impossible or that it is simply not worth it I simply withdraw with no regrets.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

No, I'm not. I'd do it and I think I'd be able to manage it well, but I wouldn't be comfortable, because I don't like going against someone's thoughts openly or having to tell people what to do if they don't want to do it.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

I would say I'm not an angry person. I might be moody in some days, but I mostly live the rage inside me when I do. I only explode when something is really pissing me off. I'm not ragy with people I don't know very well. I get angry mostly when people do wrong things or when they keep doing that thing I told them not to. Wrong things like lying, not returning my things back from where they were, breaking my things and so.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

Knowing that my grandma is finally seeing things she didn't see before about some people.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

Wanting to withdraw from a project I'm not liking to be a part of and not being able to, as it is really difficult for me to say 'no'.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

I don't see a purpose for the concept of life. People tell you the meaning of LIVING, but not why we live, or why we came to exist. But for me the meaning of living is to always try to be a better person, fulfill your dreams and live a happy life. Kindness is meaningful to me.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

I haven't been to many places yet, but I plan to. I don't think that there is THE interesting place just yet. But a place I'd really like to go is Japan.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I want to look good for myself and others. But mostly I want to be comfortable with what I'm wearing. Sometimes I may restraint myself from doing things I'd like to do (i.e. piercing my ear, dying my hair, wearing that shirt) afraid of others will think of me. Dumb, I know.

Do you like surprises?

Only the good ones. But mostly no.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

can you foresee events into the far future?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Can you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so. I wouldn't say foresee, but like a lot of things I say happen to come true, yes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Can you?
    no

premonitions occurs to me but i don't often know how or why but mostly they are fears of something bad happening
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read about half and I see Introvert, not Ti, no Ne, low Ni, better Se, and good Fi. A wild guess (until I can read more) might be ESI. But very likely Gamma.

Please be aware that I am a terrible typer and I have been accused of typing everyone either ESI or IEI. (MBTI ISFP or INFJ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I read about half and I see Introvert, not Ti, no Ne, low Ni, better Se, and good Fi. A wild guess (until I can read more) would be ESI.

Please be aware that I am a terrible typer and I have been accused of typing everyone either ESI or IEI. (MBTI ISFP or INFJ).
    haha thank you for your answer! Online tests happen to give me INFP, INTP or ISFJ and the guy on reddit said I was ISFP. Though I'm definitely an introvert.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hakuryuu View Post
    haha thank you for your answer! Online tests happen to give me INFP, INTP or ISFJ and the guy on reddit said I was ISFP. Though I'm definitely an introvert.
    Your Ni is strong. Can you recognize patterns?
    -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you recognize patterns?
    How so?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You seem INFp or ISFP. I see both Ni and Si and they are interchanging in my mind. Yeah INFp makes more sense but as far as cleanliness I’d go with ISFJ lol
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-18-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    -

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Based on the Reddit Questionnaire, you're a clearcut SEE-Fi....the type of SEE that ends up mistyping as LIE. Resist the urge. The forum doesn't need another faux-LIE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem INFp or ISFP. I see both Ni and Si and they are interchanging in my mind. Yeah INFp makes more sense but as far as cleanliness I’d go with ISFJ lol
    By INFp you mean MBTI INFJ, right? The one with NiFe configuration? I think it's better if we use the initials you use here, for it's getting a lot confusing for me. So INFp = IEI, right?
    And I'm not a cleaning freak lol, I just don't like dirtiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Based on the Reddit Questionnaire, you're a clearcut SEE-Fi....the type of SEE that ends up mistyping as LIE. Resist the urge. The forum doesn't need another faux-LIE.
    So I'd be an extrovert?

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

no

premonitions occurs to me but i don't often know how or why but mostly they are fears of something bad happening
    So.. bad N

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    So.. bad N
    Great Ne
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Great Ne
    yea sounds like great ne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't think it was necessary. I just don't like recording myself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

By INFp you mean MBTI INFJ, right? The one with NiFe configuration? I think it's better if we use the initials you use here, for it's getting a lot confusing for me. So INFp = IEI, right?
    And I'm not a cleaning freak lol, I just don't like dirtiness.

So I'd be an extrovert?
    To me they are the same. INFp is INFP and there’s no j/p switch. Just mistypings
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I didn't think it was necessary.
    the more data you give - the more chance you'll be typed correctly. nonverbal is one of information kinds about your type
    in Socionics nonverbal is used traditionally. if the typing is offline, you'll in common be asked about photos or video

that nonverbal is useful for typing was experimentally proved by higher than average matches given with typing by nonberval. those matches were close to questionnaires and interviews. so it's not lesser important info than words/texts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me they are the same. INFp is INFP and there’s no j/p switch. Just mistypings
    Oh, I see. Thank you. I was inclined towards this type, as after some research I felt it fit me best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    the more data you give - the more chance you'll be typed correctly. nonverbal is one of information kinds about your type
    in Socionics nonverbal is used traditionally. if the typing is offline, you'll in common be asked about photos or video

that nonverbal is useful for typing was experimentally proved by higher than average matches given with typing by nonberval. those matches were close to questionnaires and interviews. so it's not lesser important info than words/texts
    I don't doubt its importance, I just thought it wasn't needed for someone to type me. I can clearly understand that the typing would be far more accurate with a video of me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't doubt its importance, I just thought it wasn't needed for someone to type me. I can clearly understand that the typing would be far more accurate with a video of me.
    To explain details of own actions is more of J type style.

Normal typing happens IRL. Tries to type without video go from times of expensive and slow Internet of pre ~2005. In Socionics such typing happened on forums by random fans, generally was not supposed as serious typing. The chance of mistakes is significantly higher due to the lack of info.
    The other problem - people know the types theory and may filter (incl. unconsciously) own answers to better fit to some types which they prefer or suspect them to have. Video helps to reduce mistakes after such distortions as to change naturally types related nonverbal is hard. While to say something about yourself is easy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I didn't think it was necessary. I just don't like recording myself.
    You don’t have to. It’s not at all necessary. Your me real life relationships will speak volumes
    -