Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: SEE and jumping to conclusions

  1. #1
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,760
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default SEE and jumping to conclusions

    me: do you remember that case where the baby was dropped by the parents?
    SEE: why? did you drop the baby?
    me: hell NO; how did you conclude that?
    SEE: you asked
    me:
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-18-2019 at 01:17 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  2. #2
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The phenomenon that you seem to be describing is that when SEEs are thinking, they turn off their ears - not unlike like EIIs. However, they're not nearly as good as EIIs at interpolation - filling in the missed information. In this regard, they're similar to ESIs but to a lesser extent. Add to this that they don't usually like discussing anything that may lead to their own personal discomfort, and they will often maintain judgements without ever trying to verify them. As an aside, they also tend not to be willing listeners of criticism or advice that is not supportive of their desires.

    a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 04-18-2019 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Had SEI - corrected to ESI

  3. #3
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,760
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The phenomenon that you seem to be describing is that when SEEs are thinking, they turn off their ears - not unlike like EIIs. However, they're not nearly as good as EIIs at interpolation - filling in the missed information. In this regard, they're similar to ESIs but to a lesser extent. Add to this that they don't usually like discussing anything that may lead to their own personal discomfort, and they will often maintain judgements without ever trying to verify them. As an aside, they also tend not to be willing listeners of criticism or advice that is not supportive of their desires.

    a.k.a. I/O
    I would think that what she would say would be somewhere along the lines of “that boy I was fostering? Yes that was unfortunate. What questions did you have about the case?” “Or, here are the details about the case..” or what do you want to know?

    What I wanted to know was how did they discover that the parents dropped the baby! Wash she taken to the ER? What examinations were performed!

    It was just something trivial but interesting to talk about instead I became the center of the suspicion
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  4. #4
    Number 9 large's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Baking bread
    TIM
    ESTp 7w8 Sx/Sp
    Posts
    3,325
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luvablé

  5. #5
    a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sol's emo club
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Posts
    4,774
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Me: do you know that lots of people carry around sensitive information about others. Like this app contains information about personal info of hundreds of people and it can store the password. I carry it with me and so do several other people.
    My SEE sister: Stop right there! Do not show it to anyone!
    Me: my point was that there is a high change of personal information leak if someone forgets his/her phone.
    Measuring you right now

  6. #6
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    2,174
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think SEEs like to have a measure of the probability someone will do dumb shit in their eyes, and the way that they treat you and react to you is a reflection of their opinions.

  7. #7
    MegaDoodoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    149
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    Sometimes my work is like this...
    Does absolutely nothing, then dies.

  8. #8
    End's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Me: do you know that lots of people carry around sensitive information about others. Like this app contains information about personal info of hundreds of people and it can store the password. I carry it with me and so do several other people.
    My SEE sister: Stop right there! Do not show it to anyone!
    Me: my point was that there is a high change of personal information leak if someone forgets his/her phone.
    Kind of why they gravitate towards ILI's. She knows what she's saying is essentially correct and wise, but utterly lacks the "why" of it. We know the why, but lack the ability to express it efficiently/effectively in a spontaneous social context, thus seek out SEE's who can do just that in their sleep.

  9. #9
    it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Great Britain
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Posts
    648
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    honestly maritsa you were probably just about to telling a really boring story full of irrelevant details which the other person doesn't want to listen to, so they cut you off by trying to guess the ending. it's not a problem specific to you so don't worry about it. but some people like it when you tell them what happened and get just directly to the point.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

  10. #10
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,170
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I would think that what she would say would be somewhere along the lines of “that boy I was fostering? Yes that was unfortunate. What questions did you have about the case?” “Or, here are the details about the case..” or what do you want to know?

    What I wanted to know was how did they discover that the parents dropped the baby! Wash she taken to the ER? What examinations were performed!

    It was just something trivial but interesting to talk about instead I became the center of the suspicion
    I hadn't read your reply until now. Every type can jump to conclusions. However, during many conversations with Ijs and Eps when they have misconstrued my words similar to as you describe, I tend to ask myself amusingly: "At what point in my statement did they turn on or off their ears?" This sometimes uncontrollable disengagement phenomena, which I recognize in myself, may be the rationale for the SEE response rather than s/he jumping to conclusions. This phenomena doesn't seem to happen with Ejs and Ips who jump to conclusions due to their voluminous preconceptions - and will often cut someone off before they finish speaking. As an aside, your words describing the appropriate social responses is what I would expect from an EII.......

    a.k.a. I/O

  11. #11
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    ESI-Se 8w9
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    you need to shut the fuck up lady

    Go cry with your 'father' about it

  12. #12
    voider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    TIM
    SEE 628 sx/sp
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Me: do you know that lots of people carry around sensitive information about others. Like this app contains information about personal info of hundreds of people and it can store the password. I carry it with me and so do several other people.
    My SEE sister: Stop right there! Do not show it to anyone!
    Me: my point was that there is a high change of personal information leak if someone forgets his/her phone.
    I think I know why this is. Se is action, and doing everything you can with what's at hand. Coupled with low Te and Ni, it's easy to make the assumption that if *I* always utilise everything, that others will too. And that's why she assumed you were going to go around showing it to people, because you have the means to, so *obviously* you're going to act on that. Depends also on whether there's a Fi value attached to it as well. Like how I once said "if you ask to take a picture of me you're a creep" because I am thinking of all the things you can actually do with that picture that I don't want you to.

  13. #13
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,165
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    I think I know why this is. Se is action, and doing everything you can with what's at hand. Coupled with low Te and Ni, it's easy to make the assumption that if *I* always utilise everything, that others will too. And that's why she assumed you were going to go around showing it to people, because you have the means to, so *obviously* you're going to act on that. Depends also on whether there's a Fi value attached to it as well. Like how I once said "if you ask to take a picture of me you're a creep" because I am thinking of all the things you can actually do with that picture that I don't want you to.
    @voider, this is insightful.

    I like an ESI-Se e6w7, and the last time she was at my house, I asked her if I could take her picture, and the look of revulsion that crossed her face floored me. She asked me "Why?"
    I said, "Because you are beautiful."
    She said "No!" Lol

    The truth is, I'm a very visual person. Looks matter to me, and when I see a beautiful face, I like to look at it. Not to share, not to fap to, just to admire, usually because looking at some faces makes me happy. (Weird, I know.)

    Maybe the only way I can have access to looking at her face is to keep her around all the time.

  14. #14
    Volcana's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    At the crux.
    TIM
    4w3 485 SpSx SeFi
    Posts
    126
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @voider, this is insightful.

    I like an ESI-Se e6w7, and the last time she was at my house, I asked her if I could take her picture, and the look of revulsion that crossed her face floored me. She asked me "Why?"
    I said, "Because you are beautiful."
    She said "No!" Lol

    The truth is, I'm a very visual person. Looks matter to me, and when I see a beautiful face, I like to look at it. Not to share, not to fap to, just to admire, usually because looking at some faces makes me happy. (Weird, I know.)

    Maybe the only way I can have access to looking at her face is to keep her around all the time.
    Interesting. My ex is FiSe and he also reacted this way to having his picture taken. What a waste of a gorgeous body. Now that he's 40 he probably regrets refusing to have his pics taken when he was 25.

    Fi leads are persnickety in general.

    As for me, I'm SEE and love having my picture taken provided it isn't used to make me look bad. It's simple. Don't take my pic while I'm eating or mid-sentence, or when I'm sick and my eyes are swollen. If you catch a pic of me blinking or something, don't post it. This is just common sense and basic respect which unfortunately many people lack. But taking decent pics of me is not a problem.
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

  15. #15
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    6,165
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
    Interesting. My ex is FiSe and he also reacted this way to having his picture taken. What a waste of a gorgeous body. Now that he's 40 he probably regrets refusing to have his pics taken when he was 25.

    Fi leads are persnickety in general.

    As for me, I'm SEE and love having my picture taken provided it isn't used to make me look bad. It's simple. Don't take my pic while I'm eating or mid-sentence, or when I'm sick and my eyes are swollen. If you catch a pic of me blinking or something, don't post it. This is just common sense and basic respect which unfortunately many people lack. But taking decent pics of me is not a problem.
    This is actually one big reason I'm sure the ESI-Se is ESI instead of SEE-Fi.

    I know an SEE and asked her if I could take her picture, she said "Yes!" and after I did, I handed my phone to her and she took several selfies. Lol. She was a great sport.

  16. #16
    The Original EII Is Not Necessarily The Best Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    Enlightened
    Posts
    16,487
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    I find it's not just those typed as SEEs that are prone to jump to conclusions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •