Thread: SEE and jumping to conclusions

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default SEE and jumping to conclusions

me: do you remember that case where the baby was dropped by the parents?
    SEE: why? did you drop the baby?
    me: hell NO; how did you conclude that?
    SEE: you asked
    me:
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-18-2019 at 12:17 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The phenomenon that you seem to be describing is that when SEEs are thinking, they turn off their ears - not unlike like EIIs. However, they're not nearly as good as EIIs at interpolation - filling in the missed information. In this regard, they're similar to ESIs but to a lesser extent. Add to this that they don't usually like discussing anything that may lead to their own personal discomfort, and they will often maintain judgements without ever trying to verify them. As an aside, they also tend not to be willing listeners of criticism or advice that is not supportive of their desires.

a.k.a. I/O
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 04-18-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Had SEI - corrected to ESI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The phenomenon that you seem to be describing is that when SEEs are thinking, they turn off their ears - not unlike like EIIs. However, they're not nearly as good as EIIs at interpolation - filling in the missed information. In this regard, they're similar to ESIs but to a lesser extent. Add to this that they don't usually like discussing anything that may lead to their own personal discomfort, and they will often maintain judgements without ever trying to verify them. As an aside, they also tend not to be willing listeners of criticism or advice that is not supportive of their desires.

a.k.a. I/O
    I would think that what she would say would be somewhere along the lines of “that boy I was fostering? Yes that was unfortunate. What questions did you have about the case?” “Or, here are the details about the case..” or what do you want to know?

What I wanted to know was how did they discover that the parents dropped the baby! Wash she taken to the ER? What examinations were performed!

It was just something trivial but interesting to talk about instead I became the center of the suspicion
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Luvablé

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Me: do you know that lots of people carry around sensitive information about others. Like this app contains information about personal info of hundreds of people and it can store the password. I carry it with me and so do several other people.
    My SEE sister: Stop right there! Do not show it to anyone!
    Me: my point was that there is a high change of personal information leak if someone forgets his/her phone.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SEEs like to have a measure of the probability someone will do dumb shit in their eyes, and the way that they treat you and react to you is a reflection of their opinions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes my work is like this...
    previously Megadoodoo

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    Me: do you know that lots of people carry around sensitive information about others. Like this app contains information about personal info of hundreds of people and it can store the password. I carry it with me and so do several other people.
    Me: my point was that there is a high change of personal information leak if someone forgets his/her phone.
    Kind of why they gravitate towards ILI's. She knows what she's saying is essentially correct and wise, but utterly lacks the "why" of it. We know the why, but lack the ability to express it efficiently/effectively in a spontaneous social context, thus seek out SEE's who can do just that in their sleep.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

honestly maritsa you were probably just about to telling a really boring story full of irrelevant details which the other person doesn't want to listen to, so they cut you off by trying to guess the ending. it's not a problem specific to you so don't worry about it. but some people like it when you tell them what happened and get just directly to the point.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I would think that what she would say would be somewhere along the lines of “that boy I was fostering? Yes that was unfortunate. What questions did you have about the case?” “Or, here are the details about the case..” or what do you want to know?

What I wanted to know was how did they discover that the parents dropped the baby! Wash she taken to the ER? What examinations were performed!

It was just something trivial but interesting to talk about instead I became the center of the suspicion
    I hadn't read your reply until now. Every type can jump to conclusions. However, during many conversations with Ijs and Eps when they have misconstrued my words similar to as you describe, I tend to ask myself amusingly: "At what point in my statement did they turn on or off their ears?" This sometimes uncontrollable disengagement phenomena, which I recognize in myself, may be the rationale for the SEE response rather than s/he jumping to conclusions. This phenomena doesn't seem to happen with Ejs and Ips who jump to conclusions due to their voluminous preconceptions - and will often cut someone off before they finish speaking. As an aside, your words describing the appropriate social responses is what I would expect from an EII.......

a.k.a. I/O

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need to shut the fuck up lady

Go cry with your 'father' about it

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    I think I know why this is. Se is action, and doing everything you can with what's at hand. Coupled with low Te and Ni, it's easy to make the assumption that if *I* always utilise everything, that others will too. And that's why she assumed you were going to go around showing it to people, because you have the means to, so *obviously* you're going to act on that. Depends also on whether there's a Fi value attached to it as well. Like how I once said "if you ask to take a picture of me you're a creep" because I am thinking of all the things you can actually do with that picture that I don't want you to.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by voider View Post
    I think I know why this is. Se is action, and doing everything you can with what's at hand. Coupled with low Te and Ni, it's easy to make the assumption that if *I* always utilise everything, that others will too. And that's why she assumed you were going to go around showing it to people, because you have the means to, so *obviously* you're going to act on that. Depends also on whether there's a Fi value attached to it as well. Like how I once said "if you ask to take a picture of me you're a creep" because I am thinking of all the things you can actually do with that picture that I don't want you to.
    @voider, this is insightful.

I like an ESI-Se e6w7, and the last time she was at my house, I asked her if I could take her picture, and the look of revulsion that crossed her face floored me. She asked me "Why?"
    I said, "Because you are beautiful."
    She said "No!" Lol

The truth is, I'm a very visual person. Looks matter to me, and when I see a beautiful face, I like to look at it. Not to share, not to fap to, just to admire, usually because looking at some faces makes me happy. (Weird, I know.)

Maybe the only way I can have access to looking at her face is to keep her around all the time.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @voider, this is insightful.

I like an ESI-Se e6w7, and the last time she was at my house, I asked her if I could take her picture, and the look of revulsion that crossed her face floored me. She asked me "Why?"
    I said, "Because you are beautiful."
    She said "No!" Lol

The truth is, I'm a very visual person. Looks matter to me, and when I see a beautiful face, I like to look at it. Not to share, not to fap to, just to admire, usually because looking at some faces makes me happy. (Weird, I know.)

Maybe the only way I can have access to looking at her face is to keep her around all the time.
    Interesting. My ex is FiSe and he also reacted this way to having his picture taken. What a waste of a gorgeous body. Now that he's 40 he probably regrets refusing to have his pics taken when he was 25.

Fi leads are persnickety in general.

As for me, I'm SEE and love having my picture taken provided it isn't used to make me look bad. It's simple. Don't take my pic while I'm eating or mid-sentence, or when I'm sick and my eyes are swollen. If you catch a pic of me blinking or something, don't post it. This is just common sense and basic respect which unfortunately many people lack. But taking decent pics of me is not a problem.
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
    Interesting. My ex is FiSe and he also reacted this way to having his picture taken. What a waste of a gorgeous body. Now that he's 40 he probably regrets refusing to have his pics taken when he was 25.

Fi leads are persnickety in general.

As for me, I'm SEE and love having my picture taken provided it isn't used to make me look bad. It's simple. Don't take my pic while I'm eating or mid-sentence, or when I'm sick and my eyes are swollen. If you catch a pic of me blinking or something, don't post it. This is just common sense and basic respect which unfortunately many people lack. But taking decent pics of me is not a problem.
    This is actually one big reason I'm sure the ESI-Se is ESI instead of SEE-Fi.

I know an SEE and asked her if I could take her picture, she said "Yes!" and after I did, I handed my phone to her and she took several selfies. Lol. She was a great sport.

Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    TIM
    RLOAI, maybe
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I find it's not just those typed as SEEs that are prone to jump to conclusions.