Thread: LIE's and Ne

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default LIE's and Ne

Ne (extroverted intuition) in LIE's is an unvalued 4D Demonstrative function. In other words, LIE's can use it well but don't care about it.

I know a lot of LIE's, and what I've observed is that we have a weakness when it comes to the intuition of possibilities. When we are working well, Ne takes the form of investigating alternate realities before settling on the one (Ni) best (Te) possibility.

But this can easily go very wrong when it comes to steady leadership. In particular, I find that I become distracted by a lot of alternative ways of doing things. LIE's seem to chase one course of action one day, then switch to something completely different the next day, and I can see that this has an incredibly detrimental effect on the impression we make with the people we work with.

Most people just want a steady and predictable environment, and when things change every day, even if those "things" entail moving away from the active volcano (that hasn't erupted yet, and might never erupt), most people find this sort of thing to be incredibly disturbing.

Discussion?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange I find I don't usually try a new method every day. Mainly if the methods work and are streamlined enough, I won't normally try and make radical changes to it. I do get bored of routine though. I love to try new things, especially at work. But the new things I try are usually not new ways of doing things, but new goals and proposing new ideas for new products.

But yeah, I agree with you that most work environements are full of people who are static and don't wanna take risks, I don't see this as a quality though. Having a dynamic workplace with exciting goals - I see this as a quality. Nevermind that most people don't like it - they'll just have to deal with it. Especially if at the end of the day you're putting up results, what will they do, fire you for bringing money into the company?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    608 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I understand our (your and my own) Ne through intertype relationship

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...Stratiyevskaya

I strive to speak (bridge the gap and establish relationship on a close level -Fi) with LIE on a friendly relationship level and they want to capitalize on my ideas (Ne), interests and write and sell a cookbook based on all the great recipes I come up with (Te).

“ LIE's persistence in achieving goals, logical acumen, inexhaustible energy, his preference for creativity and innovation – as well as by the characteristic traits of this type: LIE's cheerfulness and optimism.”

As for Ne:
    “ Both partners in this pair are of intuitive types – they are both romantics and dreamers, visionaries and theorizers, who find it easy and interesting to talk to each other and exchange information. ”
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, in certain contexts, not reigning in my Ne can be somewhat of a "problem" for others (which can become a problem for me), particularly when I'm really interested and intrigued by whatever has captured my attention and imagination. New ideas, concepts, methods, and pathways are ever emerging, pushing me to adjust my overarching Ni vision or simply how I get there--the beauty of creative Ni is that it's flexible and amenable to context.

However, these Ne related adjustments are always geared towards betterment and optimization, never simply for the sake of, as can be the case for Ne leads. If something can be improved upon (which might result in more gains), I honestly don't understand not going for it, even if to others, it seems as if I'm all over the place/unreliable/unpredictable/uncertain.

Ultimately, I don't give a damn about what anyone thinks provided I get good results but it can certainly be frustrating to deal with Debby Downer motherfuckers who don't want to cooperate, who bitch and moan because they can't "see" it or are afraid of something "risky," who try to dampen your creativity, etc... and especially when they outnumber you. The good thing about being a LIE is that we're wired to bulldoze their asses if necessary. Lol

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The only time that LIEs seem to take an externalized perspective of relational information is when their worlds are crashing about them; they seem to grow quiet in order to put the facts together so as to come up with alternate directions - often abusing substances to numb any sense of failure. In this state, they still don't seem to focus on consequence or long-term relationships (even though these can be rather obvious) as much as the simple hard facts at hand, and if they do formulate a plan, they rarely stick to it. It's as if fixed strategies tie their hands but this need for speed and quick fixes, so to speak, can be really frustrating for the people supporting LIEs......

a.k.a. I/O

a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SHS perspective :

Ne in LIE (it is creative to support Te): when things get hard change comes to play and therefore is confident to tackle new obstacles and is usually quite confident. Hence LIE may have lots of professions, hobbies, work environments. Goes against expectations and norms. Good experimenter and inventor. Likes to show off if no other way is available.
    Measuring you right now

TIM
    LII/creative subtype
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    SHS perspective :

Ne in LIE (it is creative to support Te): when things get hard change comes to play and therefore is confident to tackle new obstacles and is usually quite confident. Hence LIE may have lots of professions, hobbies, work environments. Goes against expectations and norms. Good experimenter and inventor. Likes to show off if no other way is available.

yeah this was always an aspect that I didn't like about model A, that the 8th function is unvalued and people "don't care about it", when in reality people use it all the time. LIE and EIE need new opportunities, LIE's always think about business opportunities, how to make money etc. for me as an LII, I always think about time, how long something will take, the future consequences of my actions etc. it's really a huge focus of your type.