Thread: SEI and cooking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default SEI and cooking

I keep a log of meals that I prepare and I can put a full course dinner on the table in 15 minutes. If you need help ask me

“In addition, SEI won't let his partner to even grab a taste or have a snack - he needs to fully partake in that which was created for him with such zeal. Having come to the conclusion that perhaps SEI loves all this "craftsmanship" even more than his partner, LII attempts to shift his priorities and redirect SEI from sensing to ethics (that is, to impose the values of ​​his dual Hugo): teach him that human needs are primary, and food - it's just food, which, most importantly, should be served on time to not be a source of discord in the family. SEI, in turn, sees that all his efforts are not met with a well-deserved response, and because he cannot cook "just something", simply and quickly, he slows down and even stops doing anything because he feels that he doesn't know what to do now and how to please his partner. Thus one day, coming from work, Robespierre could be left without dinner: "I don't know what to cook, anything that I do is not right for you!"”
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep a log of meals that I prepare and I can put a full course dinner on the table in 15 minutes. If you need help ask me
    I would love help. Might thou give?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    I would love help. Might thou give?
    yes.

do you have dietary restrictions? (aka no meat, allergies)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    yes.

do you have dietary restrictions? (aka no meat, allergies)
    I'm vegetarian, but I sometimes cook meat dishes for my fiance's family.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm vegetarian, but I sometimes cook meat dishes for my fiance's family.
    1. So the biggest challenge for vegetarians is the meal prep because veg takes preparation (wash, cut, cook, etc). And, to my thinking (as I was vegetarian once too) is getting enough calories in so you don't feel constantly hungry.

2. I would recommend you buy two kinds of bread and have them in the freezer at all times. One sourdough or Rye and either a wrap or tortillas.

3. The third factor to vegetarian cooking is not using too much cheese.

4. Fourth is getting enough protein.

5. buy nuts and seeds and have sweet things too like raisins, dates, and currents, dried blueberries, cranberries etc (these can all be stored in the freezer especially the nuts).

6. have a lemon around all the time. I love lemons and they make food taste really fresh

7. have spices on hand like red peppers (makes food taste good); curry powder etc, have frozen pineapples for pineapple fried rice or just make some foods taste good, onion, and chop some herbs and freeze them like dill, parsley (chop first prior to freezing)

8. have oatmeal flour in the freezer for thickening patties

I recommend one day making like two cups of lentils, two cups of beans (you can have canned ready if that works for you and you can find low sodium). Two cups cooked quinoa. Once all these beans and grains are cooked store them in separate small containers in the freezer. Small containers allow you to grab and warm up quickly. Especially great is slightly overcooked red lentils.

The menu for you are these with the above combinations that will take you no time to cook

1. Red lentil wrap

in order to pop the cooked and frozen stuff out of the plastic package turn it over and run it under the faucet water and it should pop out

warm up red lentils, chop onion, put parsley warm up, add garbanzo beans. warm up and serve on a wrap that can be warmed up on the gas burner

2. make a stew, you don't have to have all the ingredients as long as it is voiced sufficiently https://simple-veganista.com/curry-r...tew-with-kale/

3. blend red lentils and garbanzo beans with red pepper and fry for patties that you can put lemon salt and yogurt on top
    -

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. So the biggest challenge for vegetarians is the meal prep because veg takes preparation (wash, cut, cook, etc). And, to my thinking (as I was vegetarian once too) is getting enough calories in so you don't feel constantly hungry.

2. I would recommend you buy two kinds of bread and have them in the freezer at all times. One sourdough or Rye and either a wrap or tortillas.

3. The third factor to vegetarian cooking is not using too much cheese.

4. Fourth is getting enough protein.

5. buy nuts and seeds and have sweet things too like raisins, dates, and currents, dried blueberries, cranberries etc (these can all be stored in the freezer especially the nuts).

6. have a lemon around all the time. I love lemons and they make food taste really fresh

7. have spices on hand like red peppers (makes food taste good); curry powder etc, have frozen pineapples for pineapple fried rice or just make some foods taste good, onion, and chop some herbs and freeze them like dill, parsley (chop first prior to freezing)

8. have oatmeal flour in the freezer for thickening patties

I recommend one day making like two cups of lentils, two cups of beans (you can have canned ready if that works for you and you can find low sodium). Two cups cooked quinoa. Once all these beans and grains are cooked store them in separate small containers in the freezer. Small containers allow you to grab and warm up quickly. Especially great is slightly overcooked red lentils.

The menu for you are these with the above combinations that will take you no time to cook

1. Red lentil wrap

in order to pop the cooked and frozen stuff out of the plastic package turn it over and run it under the faucet water and it should pop out

warm up red lentils, chop onion, put parsley warm up, add garbanzo beans. warm up and serve on a wrap that can be warmed up on the gas burner

2. make a stew, you don't have to have all the ingredients as long as it is voiced sufficiently https://simple-veganista.com/curry-r...tew-with-kale/

3. blend red lentils and garbanzo beans with red pepper and fry for patties that you can put lemon salt and yogurt on top
    Thank you very much! I'm saving your post and will keep it in mind next time I visit the grocer. Freezing/refrigerating precooked beans and lentils is a good idea; most of the time my reluctance to cook stems from how long it often takes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thank you very much! I'm saving your post and will keep it in mind next time I visit the grocer. Freezing/refrigerating precooked beans and lentils is a good idea; most of the time my reluctance to cook stems from how long it often takes.
    Yes, I agree that meal prep is a major factor in people choosing to cook also washing dishes. People get tired at the end of the day.
    -

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... I can put a full course dinner on the table in 15 minutes...
    If you mean that that you can take it from the kitchen to the dining table, I believe you. But you cannot make a multi course dinner and put it on the table in 15 minutes from scratch. Not even Jamie Olliver can do that, despite his bragging, because he leaves out his Mise-en-place. I know, because I'm a professional chef.

But even if it could be done, you shouldn't. Real good food takes time to prepare. You think you can make a good steak in 5 minutes? When I make a steak, it takes about an hour and a half. It will still be pink, but cooked and it will melt on your tongue. Don't ask me to make your steak well done, there is no bigger insult, not to mention the fact that you'll be exposing yourself as a culinary barbarian.

Western culture is too much obsessed with the idea that preparing meals should be done in as little time possible. I never rush cooking, neither does my SEI GF, and she does a lot of cooking.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's the best combinations of veggies to make oven gratin veggies? I usually put zucchini, carrots and aubergines cut a la julienne, but aubergines tend to be a bit off? would bell peppers be nicer? I have to try...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    If you mean that that you can take it from the kitchen to the dining table, I believe you. But you cannot make a multi course dinner and put it on the table in 15 minutes from scratch. Not even Jamie Olliver can do that, despite his bragging, because he leaves out his Mise-en-place. I know, because I'm a professional chef.

But even if it could be done, you shouldn't. Real good food takes time to prepare. You think you can make a good steak in 5 minutes? When I make a steak, it takes about an hour and a half. It will still be pink, but cooked and it will melt on your tongue. Don't ask me to make your steak well done, there is no bigger insult, not to mention the fact that you'll be exposing yourself as a culinary barbarian.

Western culture is too much obsessed with the idea that preparing meals should be done in as little time possible. I never rush cooking, neither does my SEI GF, and she does a lot of cooking.
    What are you doing aging the steak? Lol
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you doing aging the steak? Lol
    I prepare them sous vide, the temperature and time depends on the kind of meat, but lets say with rib eye of about an inch thick, at 50 degrees centigrade for about 1.5-2 hours, then fry in the pan for about 30 seconds per side.

“I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I prepare them sous vide, the temperature and time depends on the kind of meat, but lets say with rib eye of about an inch thick, at 50 degrees centigrade for about 1.5-2 hours, then fry in the pan for about 30 seconds per side.

we don't have time for sous vide; i know how to do it. my dad was a chef
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we don't have time for sous vide; i know how to do it. my dad was a chef
    Nonsense, it's five minutes of work, you can do many other things while the sous vide is doing it's magic. It's all a matter of planning.

I bake my own bread too. It takes a total of 2.5 hours to make one, but I only invest 10 minutes of labour in it. I always do it in the evening, and do other things at the same time. Simply a matter of planning,

I mean, you are married to as LSE, doesn't he teach you planning?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Nonsense, it's five minutes of work, you can do many other things while the sous vide is doing it's magic. It's all a matter of planning.

I bake my own bread too. It takes a total of 2.5 hours to make one, but I only invest 10 minutes of labour in it. I always do it in the evening, and do other things at the same time. Simply a matter of planning,

He says he loves my cooking. He plans for us.
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He says he loves my cooking. He plans for us.
    Well, if he loves your 15 minute full course meals, that says enough about his culinary taste. But then again, I have yet to meet an LSE who really cared about food.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're missing the point. SEI aren't looking for quick recipes, because they enjoy the painstaking process of making something exquisite that cannot simply be whipped up in a few minutes. You might as well tell them to eat canned beans. LII, meanwhile, will subsist on cheap and quick meals quite happily.

This passage seems specifically geared to an SEI woman / LII man couple with traditional gender roles. Times have changed, it may not be quite as applicable to modern lifestyles.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah when i used to be a housewife, i actually really enjoyed the process of cooking no matter how much time itd take

i can spend hours (2 max) in the kitchen per day just to perfect dishes no matter how complex or simple they were (while also taking into consideration just how healthy and tasty i can make it). idk for me it was like another way to show off my affections-- the more time i spent trying to make something just meant the more im really trying to impress u

preparation times for anything new can take days as i really like doing my research on certain ingredients and methods. its actually hard for me to whip up smth fast unless its just me im cooking for
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially SEI harmonizing can be devoted chefs. The subtype contributes alot. Other SEIs are not necessarily that into cooking at all. That's just my limited experience. Cooking is of course not just about Si, it can infact be quite low in Si. There is an "Si theme" or "orientation" in cooking definitely though
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I look cooking as logic action then I see why SEI's might be bit averse to it and indeed there are those sort of SEI's.

While I tend not to cook I still think that I could grasp the procedural aspect of it very quickly... (well being a chemist by education and all that makes me very non-anxious about it). I could make a messy place though...
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Last night I lightly sautéed chicken thighs, added fresh chopped tomatoes, onion lots of mixed herbs dill and basil water salt tomatoe sauce and Aleppo pepper simmered for 30 minutes (prep time took what 5 minutes?); served over ravioli.
    -

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night I lightly sautéed chicken thighs, added fresh chopped tomatoes, onion lots of mixed herbs dill and basil water salt tomatoe sauce and Aleppo pepper simmered for 30 minutes (prep time took what 5 minutes?); served over ravioli.
    Adopt me Maritsa

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    Adopt me Maritsa
    You get used to preparing fresh foods when you have a picky eater who doesn’t like leftovers
    -

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You get used to preparing fresh foods when you have a picky eater who doesn’t like leftovers
    Is that your husband or your baby Maritsa?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most devoted chefs I've known are ILE, EIE and SEI

(ILE-Creative, EIE-Normalizing, and SEI-harmonizing)

EDIT: The C-ILE guy actually e-mailed some biochemist to get the ultimate secret to how to make perfect home made bread according to the latest research. He was very scientific about it to say the least.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Is that your husband or your baby Maritsa?
    Lol husband
    -

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having dated an ILE for a while now, I can’t even believe that they can generally pick up minute differences in food and other sensoric experiences. Like I can’t imagine him buying a Michelin star experience for any reason. I would definitely place quantity over quality for him in terms of his dietary requirements and desires. He didn’t even know wtf a bay leaf was until I showed him a few months ago.

IME SEIs are usually the kind of people who know a few cheap and simple food hacks for making regular meals and ingredients tastier. They might care more than average and expect someone who appreciates it. I don’t necessarily see alpha irrationals as elitist foodies who have no life due to their hours spent over food prep and microscopic details daily though. More than me perhaps but it’s not unrelatable.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Having dated an ILE for a while now, I can’t even believe that they can generally pick up minute differences in food and other sensoric experiences. Like I can’t imagine him buying a Michelin star experience for any reason. I would definitely place quantity over quality for him in terms of his dietary requirements and desires. He didn’t even know wtf a bay leaf was until I showed hi
    QFT

I combine things but I have no f*cking clue unless there is a sh*tton of difference. Buying a michelin star dinner for me is like thinking that money was a living being and then you would torture it to death.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    QFT

I combine things but I have no f*cking clue unless there is a sh*tton of difference. Buying a michelin star dinner for me is like thinking that money was a living being and then you would torture it to death.
    Lol. My boyfriend has zero scientific background (I tease him for it), but it’s worth noting that the few times that he’s cooked for me have been really good. When you’re cheap af, everybody turns into a mad scientist with food lol.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a LII guest over my house for a week and as I am lazy, I easily predicted his food needs. I made him a PBJ sandwich and some spaghetti and he was so happy. I cook for my dual husband easy meals. Like boiled macaroni, drained, sauteed ground chicken and mushrooms in butter, milk, two slices of american cheese, and the cheese powder packet the macaroni came with. Then added 5 tablespoons of barbecue sauce by Jim Beam. And he really liked it. I make a lot of curries and chicken dishes and bake cookies.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My dad (SEI) and stepmom (SLE) are very avid cookers, it takes up a lot of their time and even when they aren't cooking they watch a lot of cooking shows. They will spend hours or days prepping food, making their own soup stocks, broths, butter, and probably many more things that I'm not aware of.

My dad goes out of his way to make sure that I am comfortable and well fed whenever I visit them, he is basically the embodiment of Alpha Si from my viewpoint.

It can seem very boring at times, after a couple of hours at their house I am generally ready to leave and do other things.