Thread: SEI-Si

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking SEI-Si

Why are ISFps so comfortable being little piggies? My friend has been sleeping on the same drool-imbued pillow for 6 months now.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

what? loli don't think it's type related. i have an sei friend who washes often
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its like that when Si is base function. The person decides himself in each case what is gross and what is not. Standard solutions are for those with weak Si.

This is one explanation. There could be other too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmaoo Im not saying its type related more so than it is related to a deep understanding of Si. Like my friend takes showers regularly too, but its funny to see what they will ignore and what they wont. Almost all the ISFps I know have messy living quarters (before formal company arrives ofc). Tallmo seems like s/he gets it

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don’t know if this relates or not, but when my ISTp ex-wife was living alone, before we met, her apartment looked like a very tastefully decorated showroom.

When we got married and she moved into the house I had, she stopped vacuuming and filled the house with boxes of junk.

When she moved out prior to our divorce, she moved into an absolutely beautiful apartment with fantastic landscaping. Flowers and flowering trees everywhere, but her apartment looked like the inside of a moving van. Our son, who lives with her now, told me that she doesn’t have a bed, but rather sleeps on a mattress on some boxes.

Recently, her apartment complex was sold to new owners who cut down all the trees and replaced the flowers with grass because it costs less to maintain. The complex looks grim now, but when I dropped something off to her last week, I saw that she was turning her apartment back into a showroom.

Maybe Si-bases need a certain level of Si in their lives. If they get it from the outside, then they’ll be lazy and they won't work to add anything to it, but if that comfortable environment isn’t given to them, then they will do some work to create it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ime SLIs tend to be tidy while SEIs do not. It depends a bit on wheter the SEI is a girl because girls are often thaught to be tidy, obedient etc. while boys may get a pass (depends on the parents).
    Have a SEI brother and a SEI father and can confirm: they can be real piggies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmaooooo they totally can!!! So nasty ewwww. Theyre so cute tho :3 Carlos Vives is the shit. I really cant stand their "Switzerland" attitude. Like, no bro, you arent unbiased and neutral stop kidding yourself. I feel like that just takes too much conscious thought..which of course opposes their irrationality. One time I slept on a chocolate bar, so most Alphas can be piggies I suppose. Hell, Ariana Grande (most probably an ESFj) bought one as a pet! @Kiwi is that your real cat or a meme? @AdamStrange what initially drew you to an ISTp?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactagon View Post
    @Kiwi is that your real cat or a meme? @AdamStrange what initially drew you to an ISTp?
    It's a real cat in a meme

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cactagon View Post
    lmaooooo they totally can!!! So nasty ewwww. Theyre so cute tho :3 Carlos Vives is the shit. I really cant stand their "Switzerland" attitude. Like, no bro, you arent unbiased and neutral stop kidding yourself. I feel like that just takes too much conscious thought..which of course opposes their irrationality. One time I slept on a chocolate bar, so most Alphas can be piggies I suppose. Hell, Ariana Grande (most probably an ESFj) bought one as a pet! @Kiwi is that your real cat or a meme? @AdamStrange what initially drew you to an ISTp?
    I met her at an amateur astronomy meeting, so it was common interests. I initially thought she was conventionally attractive, superbly so, but not my type. She looked too made up, too perfect. I tried to get her to join the club because I thought her beauty and intelligence would attract other males to join.
    We later went on a field trip to Yerkes Observatory for an overnight observing session, and I got to know her a bit better. Over several months, we'd attend meetings and she offered to give me rides out to the club observatory for public open houses, because my driving was restricted at the time. We would talk at night under the stars while showing the public celestial objects.
    I asked her if she'd consider having dinner with me maybe once a month, because I like to eat out but I don't like to eat alone. She thought it was a date. It wasn't a date, it was a way for me to eat great food with an intelligent dinner companion. On the first time out, I told her she had to try driving my Jaguar, because it was a lot of fun. I didn't realize she had only been driving for about six months. As she pulled out of the driveway, she hit the chimney on the house and took out every panel on the driver's side. But the car was still driveable, I still wanted dinner, what was done was done, and so she drove us to the restaurant where she almost killed us turning into the parking lot. Still, dinner was fine and I drove home.
    She invited me to her apt for dinner, and she had Stiffel lamps and excellent taste in furnishings, and after a few months, I thought that she was smart and sensible and had Si when I didn't (this was before I knew about socionics) and so I thought, Maybe I could marry her. So I asked her, and she said No. But I persisted and she eventually agreed.
    Did I mention that my father is SLI and her's is LSE? So we did what so many others do. We married someone who looks like our parents.

Moral of the story: No means No.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-17-2019 at 06:37 PM.

TIM
    isfj-fi 9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm like this soo lazy. Except I tend to be tidy, but I can sit in the same spot all. day. It's been forever since I cleaned my pillow cover...Could it be an e9 thing?