Thread: Sociotype of societies

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sociotype of societies

Ancient Rome, Soviet Union, USA, Ancient Greek Poleis etc. How would you type them, and why?

USA seems LIE to me. Ancient Rome probably SLE.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a term for it, it's called 'integral type':

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ntries-Nations
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ancient Rome between LSI and SEE - the focus on strong bodies and competition
    Soviet Union definitely - it changed too much from Lenin who seems SEE to Stalin who was LSI so it went from free democratic to harsh despotism
    Ancient Greek- again the rules determine the focus of the power, most rulers were SEE (power), back stabbing, power grabbing etc.
    US seems to be LIE now I agree with that because it's constantly a struggle between hiding financial gains from the government with wall street millionaires etc..definitely Gamma in every way.

Really none of these societies seem Delta to me. Deltas don't like war. If Deltas ever did war they would make sure no one would be alive to make a mess for a very long time. Switzerland is Delta to me...well fortifies, solid, protected, don't mess with us, leave us alone to prosper.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switzerland: we don't care how you've made your money, mafia? good! you killed millions of people and stole their jewels? good! you're gonna use the money to sponsor wars? good! sure, we're the most democratic (on paper), we make referendum every second day, we're never engaging in wars (directly) and we have a lot of beautiful mountains and cows.. enjoy your staying!

some beta/gamma

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Switzerland: we don't care how you've made your money, mafia? good! you killed millions of people and stole their jewels? good! you're gonna use the money to sponsor wars? good! sure, we're the most democratic (on paper), we make referendum every second day, we're never engaging in wars (directly) and we have a lot of beautiful mountains and cows.. enjoy your staying!

some beta/gamma
    Only Zürich City Center is peak Se as you describe. Rest of the country is peak Te gamma delta.

Anyway some nice peak Si countries are Denmark and Norway.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's pretty much the same everywhere, ok maybe there are more banks in Zurich, but they're not the only ones

(not to mention their obsession with strict control and rules..)

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I find it Sisyphean of a task to be able to type an entire group of people and their culture under the guise of 1/16 of the Socion, I do like this question and will answer with quadras, appropriately.

Ancient Rome: BETA AF. Their art literally symbolizes power. Augustus of Prima Porta? The Portrait of the Four Tetrarchs? Marcus Aurelius = LSI 100% some1 fight me.
    Soviet Union: BETA AF. Shall we recall the unfortunate arrogance of agriculturalist Torfim Lysenko? Perhaps Ivan Pavlov's psychological work on conditioning for which he won a Nobel Prize?
    USA: Initially, Alpha. Enlightenment values = Ti/Ne/Fe/Si
    Ancient Greek Poleis etc: The etymology for Polis is "city-states." That just sounds Gamma/Delta.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There are too many sub-societies and sub-cultures to really say for sure.

Academia is very alpha with tons of ILEs and LIIs, generally speaking. America is a very Te valuing country mostly because of how much power/freedom business/corporations have but there are social organizations in more liberal cities where Ti is more valued. There are kind of tons of ISTj cops that keep Te egos from getting too out of hand. Though over all in the big picture sense it is very gamma. I mean look at your average college, its a bunch of disempowered alphas crying about how unfair the gammas made their lives.

Suburbia feels delta to me. Safe, but hellish. Suburban people typically don't have much power themselves, but gain power by following rules set by others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree Rome is very beta.