TIM
    C-ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Howdy

Hello everyone.

I'm a software engineer/investor/wannabe business owner. That third thing though is really why I've come here - when it comes to my business, I'm starting to consider future personnel decisions, what values should be stressed for certain roles, compatibility with myself and others, etc.

About 10 years ago, I was really into personality typing for a little while. I obviously started with an MBTI test, thought the result described me pretty well, read a book or two. Eventually I discovered socionics, and I greatly preferred its predictive power vs the simple type descriptions of the MBTI. I think MBTI is fun, but I think socionics is practical and thus actually useful. I was also a fan of the DCNH subtype system. Over the past 10 years (I'm 31 now), I've changed a TON (shored up my weaknesses in a lot of areas), so I was curious if my type had changed, took a few tests and surprise... no. Same results across the board. Still ILI, creative subtype. Enneagram 5w6.

So I'm mostly just refreshing myself on the system, terminology, etc. Unfortunately, I have a lot less free time now than I did back then, so I have to be more efficient with my intake than I used to be. That said, I'll still participate here in the forum every now and then, so if anyone wants to talk about technology or investing or anything else, feel free to hit me up.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sup
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey. After you read a book or two, read ten or a thousand more. It's more fulfilling than business.