Thread: Guess my family dynamic

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Guess my family dynamic

Guess how the dynamic in my home plays out based on type and intertype relations.
    Dad- ISTp
    Mom- ESTj

Brother- ENFp
    Sister- ISTp
    Me- INTp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No one puts your dad in his place.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chaotic? If it's anything like work environments, I don't know how the mom and dad are still together unless one has capitulated; the mother must surely have gotten tired of trying to herd cats......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Guess how the dynamic in my home plays out based on type and intertype relations.
    Dad- ISTp
    Mom- ESTj

Brother- ENFp
    Sister- ISTp
    Me- INTp
    Your parents present a united front against the world but don't do much together and probably aren't having sex.

Your oldest brother is the favorite.

Your sister is withdrawn but gets along with her dad. She is probably the best adjusted.

You are fucked. (And are probably carrying massive suppressed anger and are counting the days until you can make your escape.)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Overall atmosphere seems so extremely stilted that it would make a good absurd short-lived sitcom. At least repressions are not very strong although you might experience some.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems rather conservative, very serious/clean and moralistic with the ENFp brother probably providing the party with enough Fe and liveliness to not be complete skeletons.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    Dad- ISTp
    Mom- ESTj

Brother- ENFp
    Sister- ISTp
    Me- INTp
    Dad runs the show because ESTj have to accept the creative Te lifestyle or else SLI will just drift off.

You sit dumb founded, but acquiesce. Nobody knows the real you.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your brother is the family glue in more ways than one. without him you guys would have no point being together.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you and your sister are two passing ships, but you can chill out for hours. you leave one another alone for the most part. you and your Mom are the closets parent kid relationship, even though on the surface it seems like she likes your brother more. you understand her the most and she understands that, which is why she relies on you the most out of any of them.

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    you and your sister are two passing ships, but you can chill out for hours. you leave one another alone for the most part. you and your Mom are the closets parent kid relationship, even though on the surface it seems like she likes your brother more. you understand her the most and she understands that, which is why she relies on you the most out of any of them.
    Fucking brilliant lol. Like, spot on.

Growing up was tough being supervisor to my mom but as I got older I realize she relies on me and trusts me more than anyone. I feel looked up to in a strange way. It's also always been hard for me to ask her for advice. It's like she was relieved when I turned 18. I never got the mother know's best feeling from her. Learning she is my supervisee helped me understand our dynamic more. I'm learning to make her feel more at ease by not nitpicking at her weaknesses.

Also, I realize my ENFp brother is my mirage partner and everyone else's dual (mom's activity partner). As you guys have guessed, I was always the odd one out, the only Gamma in a Delta Quadra family. I notice that my brother has often fluctuated between being close with me and being close with everyone else. When we're "miraging" as I call it or at our closest, he sees everyone in the house as being annoyingly uptight like I do, but when I leave him alone for awhile he's back to being close with everyone but me. I feel like everyone resents me when I'm "keeping him from them" even though I don't do it intentionally. They desperately need his Ne Fi and He desperately needs their Si Te. It also comes off as me being a bad influence on him bc Ni believes people should do what they want to do (like I do) and so I let him do him when he's around me and Si believes in doing what you should do so he get's structure/ discipline from them. I acknowledge that it's healthier for him to interact with them more, but then will I become the bad guy and look even more Odd/ like a bad influence?

My question now is can he be involved with/ coexist with mirage and duals healthily or will siding with one mess up the relationship with the other and vice versa? Can we ever really be a close family?

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Your parents present a united front against the world but don't do much together and probably aren't having sex.

Your oldest brother is the favorite.

Your sister is withdrawn but gets along with her dad. She is probably the best adjusted.

You are fucked. (And are probably carrying massive suppressed anger and are counting the days until you can make your escape.)
    I know I'm fucked, but what makes you say that?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This would be a good question on a socionics test to see how well a student socionist comprehends theory before progressing to the next step.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

at 1st we'd need to guess the real types of those people