Thread: The death of a lead function

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default The death of a lead function

I'm quite confident about the fact that I repressed my lead function during the years in order to numb my pain. Do you think it's possible for a SLI to chronically become some kind of NeTe?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did it die? Lead poisoning.

But seriously, you're not talking about Ne-Te, you're talking about Ni-Te. An ISTp repressing their Si is quite literally acting like an INTp in socionics. You experienced being INTp.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Um...ahhhh some stuff that SLI do is kinda subconscious or unaware to them so NO. My answer is no to you
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilex View Post

But seriously, you're not talking about Ne-Te, you're talking about Ni-Te. An ISTp repressing their Si is quite literally acting like an INTp in socionics. You experienced being INTp.
    The role function isn't really present in us. The balance between lead function and DS leads us to act in a certain manner similar to the function the role represents. But if a functions is blocked, what emerges is the polar opposite, and Si is balanced by inferior Ne. Socionics is based on Jung's thought, let's keep it in mind. If your lead function becomes weak and unconscious what emerges is the inferior/DS.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    The role function isn't really present in us. The balance between lead function and DS leads us to act in a certain manner similar to the function the role represents. But if a functions is blocked, what emerges is the polar opposite, and Si is balanced by inferior Ne. Socionics is based on Jung's thought, let's keep it in mind. If your lead function becomes weak and unconscious what emerges is the inferior/DS.
    Get serious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Um...ahhhh some stuff that SLI do is kinda subconscious or unaware to them so NO. My answer is no to you
    Could you expand on that?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Get serious.
    Read Jung's work and some other books as well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have a question
    Do you fall into routine?
    -
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I thought I might've been talking to a serious person.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have a question
    Do you fall into routine?
    A routine of laziness and spastically seeking out novel opportunities for change while busy in other stuff cause reality bores me? Yes.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sorry, I thought I might've been talking to a serious person.
    Lol. Come back when you'll have some basic notions. Socionics without knowledge of Jung's original cognitive function theory is useless. Don't be like christians shitting on jews.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

you can shut down and not do things but I'm pretty certain that to dedicate your psyche to extreme E/I is not very healthy and goes agains nature.
    -

TIM
    eyy
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, but Jung describes Origen and Tertullian in his Psychological Types. Tertullian is an example of Introverted Thinking, coupled with Sensing, and Origen is an example of Extroverted Sensing, coupled with Feeling. what these two christian scholars did was to sacrifice, each of them, their strongest functions, in order to reach a life with God. so Tertullian practises the "sacrificium intellectum", and realizes that it's his irrational side to give him faith. while Origen practices a literal self mutilation (he evirates himself), and realizes that it's the intellect that gives him faith.

in the end, he says, you could have said that Tertullian was a feeler and Origen an intellectual, for what they've sacrificed opened the doors to a new life.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A routine of laziness and spastically seeking out novel opportunities for change while busy in other stuff cause reality bores me? Yes.
    So you don't understand the motivations of your own actions ?
    -

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm still curious about this.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    no, but Jung describes Origen and Tertullian in his Psychological Types. Tertullian is an example of Introverted Thinking, coupled with Sensing, and Origen is an example of Extroverted Sensing, coupled with Feeling. what these two christian scholars did was to sacrifice, each of them, their strongest functions, in order to reach a life with God. so Tertullian practices the "sacrificium intellectum", and realizes that it's his irrational side to give him faith. while Origen practices a literal self mutilation (he evirates himself), and realizes that it's the intellect that gives him faith.

in the end, he says, you could have said that Tertullian was a feeler and Origen an intellectual, for what they've sacrificed opened the doors to a new life.
    That just hurt my brain.
    -

TIM
    eyy
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So you don't understand the motivations of your own actions ?
    It's a constant search for shortcuts in life, and decrease of fatigue. Easier roles, easier ways. Changing the situation is a shortcut cause I don't have to commit myself and can just hope that in the new situation the original commitment is already solved. I'm actually improving, cause I'm committing myself since a couple of months, but lately those thoughts about changing everything have re-emerged.
    And of course it's also a runaway from the heaviness off reality. If your evualuating opportunities in your head you're in a safe place.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

no, but Jung describes Origen and Tertullian in his Psychological Types. Tertullian is an example of Introverted Thinking, coupled with Sensing, and Origen is an example of Extroverted Sensing, coupled with Feeling. what these two christian scholars did was to sacrifice, each of them, their strongest functions, in order to reach a life with God. so Tertullian practises the "sacrificium intellectum", and realizes that it's his irrational side to give him faith. while Origen practices a literal self mutilation (he evirates himself), and realizes that it's the intellect that gives him faith.

Indeed. I was thinking about that chapter. I was thinking: Could psychological traumas emulate a similar pattern?

TIM
    eyy
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, when I read the title of your thread I thought of that chapter, too

(but keep in mind, he keeps labeling them as Tert: Ti+Se and Origen: Se + Fi... it's how they come out that contrasts with their essence)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah, when I read the title of your thread I thought of that chapter, too

(but keep in mind, he keeps labeling them as Tert: Ti+Se and Origen: Se + Fi... it's how they come out that contrasts with their essence)
    In a similar way in which I still would label myself SLI despite having quite lost contact with Si. But there's not much info about this mechanism around, and I'd like to deepen my knowledge about it. Of course, in mbti there's info about chronical grip, but it's nothing permanent.

TIM
    eyy
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting thread

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is absolutely pointless. Just a person who's proud they ever read a book posing as if making a question to attract fans.
    This thread is the equivalent of an idiot walking to a medical conference siting Aristotle 'because all western science is based on Aristotle'.
    I apologise for taking part in this utter fiasco.

TIM
    eyy
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been telling him the same thing from the scratch, lulz... oh well, we have to accept we might just be wrong

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This thread is absolutely pointless. Just a person who's proud they ever read a book posing as if making a question to attract fans.
    This thread is the equivalent of an idiot walking to a medical conference siting Aristotle 'because all western science is based on Aristotle'.
    Don't worry Smilex. Everything is ok.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Are you aware of what site you are posting on?

Mentioned
    933 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's possibly to mistype yourself
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Reyne

idk, something about the way you look is really interesting to me. Hard to put my finger on it. It's not really a lusty/pervy look or anything. Your face just looks like it's always in a deep, perpetual state of searching and it kind of sucks you (or at least... me) in. I probably simplify things much more than you do for my own sanity.

If I were you , I'd camp up the broody repressed in turmoil str8 guy thing. It's kind of you? But then there's this good heartedness/middle class humanitarian kindness you have that is pulling you away from going too deep into the abyss with that. Haha it's kinda fun.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, I feel that my early environment caused me to repress my Ne, and I acted in quite an SLI-ish way. But that wasn't healthy for me, and since I've left my family's house, I've been returning to what I feel is my 'natural' personality.

Disregard those writing your experience off. Socionics, as all typology systems are, is unverifiable, and is at best only accurate of generalities. Furthermore, 99% of Socionics is pick-and-choose; like the early Christian scriptures, people just pick Socionikist writers they like and discard those they don't -- favoring a particular Socionikist while discarding Jung, the basis of Socionics, is all well and fine for them, but completely ridiculous to expect of others.

TIM
    Non-Alpha IP type
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this. This is also something that Socionics tells us, is it not? Straying from what is percieved as ones ''original nature'' is not in itself bad, because it was in your nature to seek out that alien way of thinking - and this is what you think is right, most importantly. Besides the fact that Socionics is categorical and general, with no claim to the reality of things, there is also the situation that many of us do not necessarily conform to the descriptions, in part at least.

For example @Reyne, i think i am SLI, but my beings centre has always been in conceptuality and the 'unseen' so to speak. I am, by nature or by will (who knows), bound to this aspect.
    When the heavens above did not exist,
    And earth beneath had not come into being —
    There was Apsû, the first in order, their begetter,
    And demiurge Tia-mat, who gave birth to them all;
    They had mingled their waters together
    Before meadow-land had coalesced and reed-bed was to he found —
    When not one of the gods had been formed
    Or had come into being, when no destinies had been decreed,
    The gods were created within them:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    I like this. This is also something that Socionics tells us, is it not? Straying from what is percieved as ones ''original nature'' is not in itself bad, because it was in your nature to seek out that alien way of thinking - and this is what you think is right, most importantly. Besides the fact that Socionics is categorical and general, with no claim to the reality of things, there is also the situation that many of us do not necessarily conform to the descriptions, in part at least.

For example @Reyne, i think i am SLI, but my beings centre has always been in conceptuality and the 'unseen' so to speak. I am, by nature or by will (who knows), bound to this aspect.
    This is a SLI description + / - (this part is the +) from socionics.com:

"The strongest element of your personality is an inexhaustible curiosity towards the phenomena of the surrounding world. You are interested in adventure, tourism, the juxtaposition of cultures and the study of nature and architecture."

So what you say about yourself is perfectly compatible with SLI as a type. I do not understand what people on this website expect from a Si dominant.

Source:

http://www.socionics.com/advan/prof/istp.htm
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Non-Alpha IP type
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    This is a SLI description + / - (this part is the +) from socionics.com:

"The strongest element of your personality is an inexhaustible curiosity towards the phenomena of the surrounding world. You are interested in adventure, tourism, the juxtaposition of cultures and the study of nature and architecture."

So what you say about yourself is perfectly compatible with SLI as a type. I do not understand what people on this website expect from a Si dominant.

Source:

http://www.socionics.com/advan/prof/istp.htm
    Interesting. I had not noted this source before. Although, the text still states that the surrounding world, adventure, comfort, aesthetics, material profit is essential to the type, which is not necessarily what i would attribute to my particular way of existing in the world - and with your reference to the compatibility to my self-description: there wasn't much to go by in the quoted post, no? Unless, of course, you're referring to other posts made by me, in which case i would be interested to hear some specific examples. Thank you for the source, it is quite interesting.

TIM
    eyy
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@para, I'm not sure socionics suggests to "get out of your comfort base function", but I think that should be the aim of any self betterment system... or it would be good if the system were not used only as an excuse to justify one's worse quirks.

TIM
    Non-Alpha IP type
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@para, I'm not sure socionics suggests to "get out of your comfort base function", but I think that should be the aim of any self betterment system... or it would be good if the system were not used only as an excuse to justify one's worse quirks.
    I used ''tells us'' in a weird way, lol - i meant that it has the ability to imbue us with a willingness to see ourselves more. That should, as you said, be the aim.

a two horned unicorn renegade Nihilist 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-7 5-stoolchart
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Interesting. I had not noted this source before. Although, the text still states that the surrounding world, adventure, comfort, aesthetics, material profit is essential to the type, which is not necessarily what i would attribute to my particular way of existing in the world - and with your reference to the compatibility to my self-description: there wasn't much to go by in the quoted post, no? Unless, of course, you're referring to other posts made by me, in which case i would be interested to hear some specific examples. Thank you for the source, it is quite interesting.
    Yea. Anyway if you see SLI as your type it would be cool. It is kind of hard to judge via internet especially if you have some sort of vision problems. I happen to know one SLI who is bit like you in terms of vision and he still enjoys nature and hunting etc.

it was kind of cool to see that you liked to visit in a place that was green (Finland) and stuff. Which really sounds like something I wouldn't really think about it myself. I just though it can look cool and he does not quite get why I like science so much but he is OK with it.

Anyway, how do you react when people start to bombard new perspectives/ideas at you? [I know that SLI usually looks bit stiff with their Fe.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One can only use one's type to modify one's visible behaviour so as to mimic a desired behaviour - but this wouldn't make for happy times. I would estimate that many closeted LBTQ could relate stories. I have known more than a few SLI who have said that they felt that they had to closet themselves to hide their true natures. For some, this was wise tactic but often this feeling seemed due to paranoia more than actuality.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ESTP 7w8
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What a load of bs. You know what u are? Fi lead cuz this whole post reeks of pretentious bullshit

TIM
    Non-Alpha IP type
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Yea. Anyway if you see SLI as your type it would be cool. It is kind of hard to judge via internet especially if you have some sort of vision problems. I happen to know one SLI who is bit like you in terms of vision and he still enjoys nature and hunting etc.

it was kind of cool to see that you liked to visit in a place that was green (Finland) and stuff. Which really sounds like something I wouldn't really think about it myself. I just though it can look cool and he does not quite get why I like science so much but he is OK with it.

Anyway, how do you react when people start to bombard new perspectives/ideas at you? [I know that SLI usually looks bit stiff with their Fe.]
    It was mainly my mother who helped me appreciate nature more. I do not get out in nature that often, but i really like it when i do - i often forget the importance of such activities and withdraw to safer pastures. I probably would not have come to like nature myself without external input.

As for the new perspectives/ideas thing - i tend to appreciate these things if they bear a rational or conceptual fundament, if there is a train of thought that connects these. I am adept at spotting it or the lack of it. I am annoyed if it is random 'for the sake of it', since i find those mental endeavors meaningless, unless of course the study of that randomness is the goal (and i think it is worth ones time to learn to see value in most things, even though i lack that ability). My blindside is more on the ethical side of the alternatives, so an ethical alternative or another way of handling things in that region i can both be dismissive of and be grateful for. In conversation revolving around the discussion of such ideas and alternatives i tend to look for the most plausible and 'connected' idea, and i am good at sorting out these things. (4D Ti maybe?)
    I do not feel i have a grounding presence in the sensory way. (calming down others physically and making them aware of that side)
    I am still unsure if i am ILI or SLI, but i will say that most of my activities, thoughts and appearances to others have reflected the ILI type more. Also i pay very little attention to 'typical' Si things, such as appearance, aesthetic, cleanliness, physical harmony, health, almost to the point of not even being valued maybe. I really do not notice myself 'forecasting' or 'feeling out' sensations excessively - but i think i am Ip type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm quite confident about the fact that I repressed my lead function during the years in order to numb my pain. Do you think it's possible for a SLI to chronically become some kind of NeTe?
    What I was trying to say is that numbing your pain as you describe it is Fi in the subconscious and largely why they are unaware of what happened to them and what they do to others.

Try doing only NeTe and get back to me on that. I want to see if your head blows up or not
    -

TIM
    LIE-Ni 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was mainly my mother who helped me appreciate nature more. I do not get out in nature that often, but i really like it when i do - i often forget the importance of such activities and withdraw to safer pastures. I probably would not have come to like nature myself without external input.

As for the new perspectives/ideas thing - i tend to appreciate these things if they bear a rational or conceptual fundament, if there is a train of thought that connects these. I am adept at spotting it or the lack of it. I am annoyed if it is random 'for the sake of it', since i find those mental endeavors meaningless, unless of course the study of that randomness is the goal (and i think it is worth ones time to learn to see value in most things, even though i lack that ability). My blindside is more on the ethical side of the alternatives, so an ethical alternative or another way of handling things in that region i can both be dismissive of and be grateful for. In conversation revolving around the discussion of such ideas and alternatives i tend to look for the most plausible and 'connected' idea, and i am good at sorting out these things. (4D Ti maybe?)
    I do not feel i have a grounding presence in the sensory way. (calming down others physically and making them aware of that side)
    I am still unsure if i am ILI or SLI, but i will say that most of my activities, thoughts and appearances to others have reflected the ILI type more. Also i pay very little attention to 'typical' Si things, such as appearance, aesthetic, cleanliness, physical harmony, health, almost to the point of not even being valued maybe. I really do not notice myself 'forecasting' or 'feeling out' sensations excessively - but i think i am Ip type.
    Hej,

1.) In my (arguably) humble opinion, I think that you are an IEI-Ni with an accentuated logical component (inert subtype), a Ni/Ti [NT appearing] double introvert (because you do come off rather withdrawn energetically, deeply so, and typical of Ti (especially when reinforced by strong Ni), your face manifests a sort of “flat effect”)--I know this because I watched the video you posted a while back in the member typing thread but was too busy to volunteer my 4 cents, at the time. Also, as a IEI-Ni, your Fe and Ti would have a similar strength/dimensionality, which is why "ethical alternatives" may not necessarily "win out" in your perspectives and decision making.

I've yet to really see you articulate anything remotely resembling Te, which discounts ILI, but I do see lots of vague, somewhat nebulous Ni and hidden agenda Ti, garnished with a dash of Fe, which gives you a "soft (not to be interpreted pejoratively as a slur),” genteel, almost Aristocratic quality atypical of ILIs and Gamma quadra, in general. I’d say you manifest a much higher, more consistent regard for Fe “niceties” than any other high Te/Ti user here. Lol In the member typing thread, there were folks arguing back and forth and you interjected with something along the lines of "what a lovely bunch [lol]" and that struck me as very IEI-Ni > making a seemingly non abrasive, Fe intervention that "breaks up the (funky) mood" and indirectly communicates a certain "judgment" without necessarily coming off "judgmental," preachy and annoying af.

2.) It's key to note that both Ni and Ti are concerned with systems that place a great deal of importance on "truth."

a.] Ni is ever ridding itself of biases in its pursuit of truth and discarding what isn't fundamental/necessary, in order to arrive at the purest essence of something, in its most ideal form, most usually as some sort of universal, interlocking archetype(s); In IEIs, Ni's "findings" are supported and structured by the ontological Ti “why” seeking consistency. Moreover, these endeavors usually take on a human focus, as opposed to more impersonal matters.

b.] Lead/High D/Strong Ti strives for precision of thought as it pertains to what is true or false, and a consonance to logical principles via rigorous self-assessing to the point of "certainty", thereby developing a subjective model of the world and how things work with high internal fidelity--of note, this is an end to itself, as opposed to tertiary/mobilizing/lower D Ti in IEIs that functions as a means to an (Ni) end.

I think it's pretty clear that you lead with Ni, but I certainly see more Hidden agenda Ti than I do Te, which would suggest IEI.

3.) I also think that you may be an HSP, which can often lead an INXp with strong Si-role to mistake him/herself for an ISXp; Both parties can be open to new and untried bodily sensations and experiences but whereas an ISXp would approach this with longings and cravings, an INXp would be driven by an underlying fear and anxiety to overcome, in order to no longer have to consider it, thereby becoming "free" to explore the abstract and live unattached to the body and its irritating (read: limiting) "material" concerns.
    Last edited by Alonzo; 04-23-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast