Thread: dual seeking function

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default dual seeking function

How does your dual seeking function manifest?

As you know, my husband is LSE. His dual seeking function manifested in wanting to be helpful to his friends, in seeking someone to listen to his troubled thoughts and bounce ideas off of. It just so happened that in this journey of life he, being a sensory type, dated many extroverts, being out and about often and being in places where I rarely go. He taught the same program function - moral support from these past relationships. Nature has man made blind...he sought a dual in all these women (a match, after all that is what dual is) but because their other functions did not line up or Fi was in the wrong spot, it didn't work out.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-10-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I don't understand how that's Fi seeking
    How is that Fi seeking?
    From LSE: “I took some papers to this guy at work. I handed it to him and he slammed them on his desk. What was that all about? Is he mad at me? He didn’t need to react like that?”
    EII: “it’s possible that he was not having a good day.”
    LSE: “maybe he doesn’t like me. But then last week he was bantering with me. He wouldn’t have if he didn’t like me.”
    EII: “sounds like he was being human and having a human moment. Watch and see how things change.”
    LSE: “yeah I should look for his actions “
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I don't understand how that's Fi seeking
    How is that Fi seeking?
    Fi is in understanding human nature. The nature of their feelings as it envelopes their actions “why did he get mad at me?” In my example it is in interaction in relationships. “The guy at work is my coworker relationship”
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

suggestive Fi predisposes to the need to be loved in the sense of personal sympathy and compassion

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    suggestive Fi predisposes to the need to be loved in the sense of personal sympathy and compassion
    I have paid careful attention to my ESI aunt lately, mainly listening to clues of her Fi. I hear things like “she’s a good person “ and “you have to show your kids love” and “she’s kind but hysterical“ and “have a nice day, my friend “lol this all reminds me of what I say but in everyday actions I am not as clean active and as well put together as she. She has so much energy for the mundane cleaning cleaning cooking scrubbing. I don’t. You should listen to people speak -suggestion.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fi is a judging function sol. It judges others and their character
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thats Fe buddyboy

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Thats Fe buddyboy
    No it’s not. It’s neither
    -

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The public-rationalization behaviour that you describe is typical of most all Ejs. There's really no 'dual-seeking' function; one simply recognizes (largely by accident) aspects in another that are comforting. LSEs tend to like rooted moralists because they themselves often hold such behaviour as a lofty goal but are too influenced by others and the practicality of life to reach it. For people that actually open their eyes, they might view their dual-partners (with benign baggage) as roots that can give them the stability that they need in order to be trees........

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    The public-rationalization behaviour that you describe is typical of most all Ejs. There's really no 'dual-seeking' function; one simply recognizes (largely by accident) aspects in another that are comforting. LSEs tend to like rooted moralists because they themselves often hold such behaviour as a lofty goal but are too influenced by others and the practicality of life to reach it. For people that actually open their eyes, they might view their dual-partners (with benign baggage) as roots that can give them the stability that they need in order to be trees........

a.k.a. I/O
    From my LSE girl friend “You are dogmatic but not harsh. You’ve got a calmness I feel I lack. I wish I had that.” Reminded me how duals aspire to be like the other. ESTj live by the same moral compass that I do or at least follow mine. Values.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-13-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    No it’s not. It’s neither
    Fe HA is literally to be loved dumbass

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fe HA is literally to be loved dumbass
    Why is everyone an idiot or a dumbass to you here YET most of us have had way more experience in Socionics and mbti than you?
    -

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why is everyone an idiot or a dumbass to you here YET most of us have had way more experience in Socionics and mbti than you?
    I didnt say everyone i called u a dumbass

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And if u got so much experience u should know what Fe HA is

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fi is a judging function sol. It judges others and their character
    any function evaluates its region in other people. how good they are there

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thats Fe buddyboy
    rtfm

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

rtfm
    no u

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much every human being ever.