TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is God Ne ego or Ni ego?

Discuss
    The great Zen master Zhuang Zhou dreamt that he was a butterfly. When he awoke, he asked himself, "Am I a man who just dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly who now dreams about being a man?"

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm an agnostic, but if God existed, I'd imagine he'd be basically all of the functions at once, maybe 4D of every single function or even more. God is omnipotent and omniscient so he should be adept at all of the functions simultaneously.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm god

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Some gods in the literature are more concerned with law, others are more concerned with sympathy magic, and some others are more zen-like.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni is a deluded attempt at Ne, which is the most perfect function; therefore, God is Ne.

Really though, what sort of question is this?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God is Thinking base ego at least in christian tradition.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Some gods in the literature are more concerned with law, others are more concerned with sympathy magic, and some others are more zen-like.
    Yeah. Answering the OP's question really depends on which view of god we're trying to type. Old testament/Torah god for instance is much different from how modern christians tend to see him or her.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course if you take a more vedantic view, it could be said god uses each of the functions to varying degrees depending on each individual human.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You can't spell "ineffable" without Ne.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God of OT is LSI.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearly Ne base: He had an idea, worked on the initial phase of the project, lost interest and then expected others to finish the project in the spirit of his intentions, then got angry when it turned out they had ideas of their own, but could do nothing about it (lack of Se), thus retaliated disproportionally (Se-role). He must be either ILE or IEE. The Jewish/Muslim God is ILE (Ti approach), whereas the Christian God is more IEE (Fi approach).
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

old biblic god is very Te + Se, christian god very Fi, also Jesus was a wizard and wizards are deff Ne

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The world around was made by flatus of an introverted sensing ego but objectively it just stinks (Se).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

type this guy if you dare
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ni because he has stuff going on all the time.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The Old Testament God is ESE-Si, Jesus EII-Fi

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-dom. The gods spent their time boning things and doing whatever else they felt like with the world outside them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Depends on which god and which interpretation of said god.

TIM
    LII 5w6 593
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are talking about the Christian god, then Se ego. SLE precisely:
    - Se ego, because if he was Ne ego he would never finish the universe
    - Fe hidden agenda with his desire to be worshipped - this was more evident in the Old Testament
    - Fi PoLR, because he was so fucking obnoxious at it people feared him instead of loving him. So he send his ethical son to restore his reputation

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God the Father, or God the Son?

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Father and Holy Spirit cannot be typed. Christ seems EII to me.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God can do everything, knows everything, and predict everything so he's everything but a weak-ass feeler.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LemurianLo View Post
    The Father and Holy Spirit cannot be typed.

Watch me.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God is a harsh abrasive fiery mix of Se/Te/Fe really. A Holy Trinity of Se, Te and Fe. Ne is sort-of God like too, but also contains debris of Non-god like energy or lesser God stuff so it isn't so much that.

Christ is Si definitely (not God, but his much faggier son), especially 'Christ Consciousness' read more of Alex Marchand if u wanna hear about it.

Ni is a weaker form of God energy, 'god's prophets' sort of thing. It is God-like but not god himself. Or sort of like processed frozen food instead of a real meal. Kiiiiind of. A much diluted form of God, maybe better said.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 06-10-2019 at 05:46 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ti is Satanic. The most Satanic, as it encourages logical diversionary systems that break up the unity of the human race. But this difference also is what springs forth lust, competition/comparison etc.

Fi is like God's gift to us, but kind of in a sense where its more human bond/love than God. Objectively, both Fi and Si are the farthest away from God. Fi is making up your own internal perceptions of how you feel about something, and whilst it can be moral or enlightened in a limited or coincidental sense- it is not up for your own heart to decide what is good/'attractive' or not, it is up to God. God says homosexuality is wrong, for example - so it's wrong. You don't argue with it and say 'well my internal subjective Fi is drawn to it, and it feels like it's good- so it's good.' You tend to feel all smug and self righteous when God's pov happens to line up with your own, but this is a mere lucky coincidence and that is why they say 'only God can judge.'

You can't argue or fight God. You think you can, he crits you for 4323743927423984723984723498723 HP worth of damage, showing you who is the boss alpha daddy. God is naturally terrifying, only things that 'come after' God have the potential to be sweeter and more innocent. This is like, a byproduct of God's natural Fe.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God is a self functioning dice.

MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Most God like to least God like:

Te
    Se
    Fe
    Si
    Ni
    Ne
    Fi
    Ti

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Alex on Joe Rogan's show say that God, "doesn't know where he came from". He is trying to find himself. The only thing God doesn't know is himself and he seeks himself throughout all of time.

(LSE?) With Schizoid tendencies aside, there is something to what he said.

The wisdom of youtuber comments:

When Alex mentioned God is just trying to figure out where He came from, that really made sense. In this scenario there are two facts:1. God knows everything except one thing, where He came from.2. According to the Scriptures, we were made in God's image. Imagine knowing everything, but one thing. In order to figure out where He came from, He had to create a super-smart species that has similar powers to Himself, so the level of thinking, creation, and testing that is necessary to find the answer is multiplied, increasing the chances of success. Us as a species trying to figure out where we came from is God's image, and once we figure it out, He'll finally have His answer.
    I'm curious about this question of God because of the mystery of consciousness and how it arose in a strange world where everything else around us is so dumb compared to us. This quest to find a cosmology is the question of God looking for where he came from. It mirrors the quest of us trying to discover the clock work mechanisms behind life and its meaning. Science says we are organic machines self reflecting our own existence, which is pretty fucking spooky if you ask me. Why would complex chemistry and energy exchange seek to know itself......

TIM
    IEI-Ni2 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>follows you around everywhere and refuses to leave you alone ever because he wants to help you but you have to let him help you. he still won't go away though even if you don't want him there until you go to hell
    >likes you but if you don't like him back he'll just let you suffer forever after you die lol
    >even if you go your whole life without getting the chance to learn who he is you will suffer forever after death
    >requires consistent emotionally heavy acknowledgment of his goodness to be satisfied with you. if you can't open up to the love or can't feel it and don't love back deeply then fuck you, you will suffer forever after you die
    >if you kill an innocent person and repent you will go to heaven but if you skip mass out of laziness once and die before you get the chance to repent then you will suffer forever
    >if he disgusts, confuses, or scares you then it's your problem, not his, and you just have to deal with it and give him your love and trust or else you will suffer forever after you die

The Christian God is the ultimate simplicity which all things are derived from who is not meant to have a sociotype but ESE is the closest you can get because there is clearly no Ni anywhere and he expects fuckhuge amounts of passionate devotion and explicit trust from anyone who doesn't want to burn in eternal fire.

[Semi-off-topic Rant]

One of the things that piss me off the most is being told that I have to feel a certain way especially when there are punishments if I don't. "Oh but you don't have to like him that's why there's free will durr." DOES ANY SANE PERSON REALLY WANT TO GO TO HELL? PRACTICALLY SPEAKING THERE IS NOTHING FREE ABOUT THIS CONCEPT THAT "Oh I can do whatever I want but I will be tortured for eternity after I die xD." That is like saying a free trial is "free" but you can't back out of it and you HAVE to pay with your love for and obedience to God. This bs "Well technically you can do what you feel like but practically this means nothing unless you are insane" is the WORST.

No matter how many flowery esoterical theomalogical walltexts and pretty chants Catholicism hides under, at the end of the day, you are just being judged by your emotions along with some other stuff and then you are either having fun chanting along with cherubim and seraphim or you are being burnt for a crisp. Forever. Because of feefees. You can go your entire life without committing almost any mortal sin but if you don't have the right feefees for God then have fun getting maimed by demons and getting your eyeballs torn out.

t. former Catholic
    Last edited by Cheebs; 06-16-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    human flesh tastes like pork

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    God is a self functioning dice.

My god is a magic 8 Ball

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Perpetual Now View Post
    My god is a magic 8 Ball
    My God comes in a wrapper of cellophane.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God is an unobservable... do you think that you can know about God from observable human behavior?

If you think that observable human behavior is all that there is... then you lack imagination.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting question, but impossible to answer, because god is inaccessible to human cognization.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

God is a number you cannot count to.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Interesting question, but impossible to answer, because god is inaccessible to human cognization.
    How do you know I don't access God with my cognization every day?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God is a super doG. It's all in the name.

Androgynous Robot Dreamer - Not really human, but good at pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    blame the merry quadras

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Allah (God) isn't like us. The reason we have a type is due to our limited mental resources. He contains all the types (swt).
    Last edited by Exodus; 06-16-2019 at 05:33 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    How do you know I don't access God with my cognization every day?
    How do you know that it is God what's on / in your mind?
    Do you experience the existence of an independed being inside you?
    Or is it your imagination or a projection of your own mind?

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The same way I “know” the physical world isn’t just an illusion conjured to trick me.
    That would mean that you'd belong to a group of chosen ones, but you're unable to prove that, unless you can use information to demonstrate something in the real world you can't know, like precisely predicting future events.

I could of course be tricked by a demon...
    There is a definition in psychology for feeling the presence of someone else in the own mind or hearing voices of strangers in your head, it's called Schizophrenia.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, but you can’t prove that I don’t.
    Correct, but you can't show it to other people if it's in your mind only.

You can't prove it to other people and any other person can't disprove it. And you can't be sure it's the voice of God in your head.
    What's the point of that discussion?

And I never said I could prophesy!
    I just showed you an option as example how to prove the existance of an other consciousness inside you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast