Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VI My Dad

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@aster - My dad’s school photo. Different angle but same kind of gaze imo.

77852605-438A-4014-B0DE-00BA56FDD3D7.jpeg

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    @aster - My dad’s school photo. Different angle but same kind of gaze imo.
    your dad seems P type.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

aster, here's a description of ISTJ men...does it fit?

Maxim, Male Portrait, ISTj by Beskova

Reliable, proper, responsible, MAXIM is distinguished by good posture and wide straight shoulders - he has a true military bearing. Any uniform can suit him. With his hair cut shortly he looks tidy and taut in any clothing. He moves calmly, with measured moves, never in commotion. His open, volitional, manly face instills trust - it immediately becomes clear that such person will never fabricate or occupy himself with intrigues.

During the first meeting, MAXIM demonstrates himself to be proper and well-meaning conversationalist. He smiles in a friendly manner, showing how glad he is to see you. He has a bribing smile, which magically transforms the usual withdrawn, somber expression on his face.

If there isn't a suitable topic for conversation, MAXIM is not very talkative. He is also not one of those who attempts to become the "master of ceremonies" in a circle of guests. He has systematic thinking, and if you suggest a worthy topic he will provide you with logical basis for anything, from the workings of a computer to such concepts as art and love.

Try to shake him up a little, tell a joke and laugh, and you will see how he will cheer up immediately and smile in response. In general, he enjoys the atmosphere of a holiday, a carnival, a theater performance. With pleasure he will spend time in a restaurant or at a bright, beautiful show. He will be drawn into the general merriment at a disco, will run around in a red cap and fool around during the New Year’s celebration at the office.

MAXIM is not only responsive to merriment, but he can even be touchingly sentimental, although this is hard to see within this strict, dry person. He is capable of being imbued by much compassion and pity for the hero of a melodrama, that tears will come to his eyes. At work, MAXIMs sometimes experience assaults of unexpected, unmotivated sympathy for their colleagues, even if they behave in a way warranting their dismissal. Especially so if their colleague's relatives are ill, or a dog suddenly died, or a wife being unfaithful.

But in reality, MAXIM's main dream is that in his life there wouldn't be any chaos and uncertainty, that everything around is understandable and reliable. He plans his life and painfully reacts to sudden changes. Furthermore, for him it is difficult to understand how future events will develop. With difficulty he can foresee the troubles and obstacles that lie ahead, and at the same time he stubbornly may not want to listen to admonitions of others around him. All this leads to the fact that MAXIM will have to learn from his own mistakes.

The representatives of this type know their rights and responsibilities and are capable of steadily carrying them out. Thus, they make for excellent, reliable workers and managers. Perhaps this is the only type that will with indignation will wave away even the possibility of starting a romance with a coworker. A coworker for him is not a woman. She is at work in order to work, not to introduce variety into his love life. He never confuses official and personal relations.

MAXIM is a conscientious, responsible person, on whom it is possible to rely on, both in the service, and in family life. But he will not act until he has received clear instructions on what to do or until the situation has become well defined. He, in everything, strives for complete clarity - both in work matters and in personal relations.

Story from real life: A man of 38 years of age was living together with his beloved. Since he thought that the relationship between them was good, he asked her to wed him, and, meanwhile, began to construct a house for his future family. However, suddenly it was discovered that his beloved allowed herself a certain romantic adventure with a young man from another city. His first impulse was to dissolve relations with her, but, in his mind doubts have accumulated: it was not clear how something like this could happen, if, to him it seemed that everything between them was well. He decided to first "conduct an inquiry": to have a talk with her, to make everything clear; to understand what occurred between them and how much of her enthusiasm was of random, unpremeditated nature; to clarify how she evaluates this situation; how seriously she is drawn to her lover and what she plans to do in future. Without this, he could not undertake any important steps.

Towards strangers MAXIM is suspicious and approaches them only with distrust, but if one draws him into a conversation about the family, he can open up his heart and can even tell a bit too much. It can be said that representatives of this type treat everyone with distrust exactly because of this large internal readiness to trust and open up. But since they are not good at sorting out people, they prefer to be not open for anyone, but only to those few who are very close to them.

Thus, if you have entered into this inner circle (for example, gotten married to MAXIM), then with confidence you can feel yourself as if behind a rock wall. This, at first glance, serious and cheerless person adores his family and his relatives and is prepared for daily heroic acts for them. At home, these are good, tender, thoughtful husbands and fathers, for whom the interests of family always stand in first place.

Of course, for MAXIMs there aren't only responsibilities, but also personal interests and hobbies. They love to collect things, moreover, things of the most varied natures. These can be collections of coins, match boxes, subway tokens, bus tickets, models, tallies and so forth. Men of this type also show interest in history and politics. In both in these subjects they can be very knowledgeable, in any case, they will talk about such topics with pleasure.

MAXIMs do not like to resort to physical force and will do so only in the worst case scenarios, when they don't know what else they can do. First, they try to dissuade a man from taking aggressive action, to regulate the matter in by more peaceful methods. And only if these methods completely fails, they strike so that you will remember it for a long while.

Troubles in relations with MAXIMs are most usually manifested in their persistent unwillingness to respond to your completely serious business proposals, for example, to quickly glue wallpaper in the kitchen tomorrow. Also a sudden request to loan some money does not please them.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    wow you don't even recognize your own identical. hum
    Lol. I don't have that LIE glazed over look.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your dad seems to have a very Ni-centric stare. He's staring intensely, but his focus seems to be disconnected from his present surroundings... Like he's concentrating more on his analysis/thoughts as opposed to intensely scrutinizing his environment (staring off to the side, rarely focusing right in front of himself).

LIE-Ni.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    Yes, I would consider him observant. He makes comments on my appearance. Like, ‘what’s on your face?’, and is frequently pointing out people’s weight, whether they are over weight or have gotten thinner..
    If he’s an N type how do you guys explain this???
    My LIE mom is like this. She comments on my appearance all the time. The last time I cut my hair, I shaved it all off, and she noted it and made a fuss.

Ni ego types often take note of physical features, comparing and contrasting, because as victim types, they throw gauntlets for those around them to see who will come out the victor. Ultimately, they value Se, so they tend to look for people who show competency in having sensory awareness of objects around them.

My EIE girlfriend also looks for people who have a sensory awareness, and she tends to notice differences/changes of others' appearance.

Additionally, LIE is an extravert, and extraverts focus on the object because they are extraverted:

https://www.sociotype.com/socionics/dichotomies/ie
    Extraversion / Introversion is one of the 4 Jungian dichotomies, and one of the 15 Reinin dichotomies. Extraversion in socionics is a perceptual quality defined by a focus on the characteristics and behavior of objects (people, things, events) outside the observer. In contrast, introversion means a focus on the observer's response to and perception of objects. Augusta likened the difference between extraverted and introverted perception to the difference between bodies and fields in physics. "Bodies" are objects with mass and certain qualities, while "fields" are the realm of interaction between bodies.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your dad seems P type.
    Thanks for the input. He's not but that's interesting.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

agreed, seems SLI.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harmonizing types can seem/look like their supervisors. He’s definitely not SLI. My mom is, and she supervises him.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Harmonizing types can seem/look like their supervisors. He’s definitely not SLI. My mom is, and she supervises him.
    I was talking about aster's dad. Just in case you wrote this about my comment.

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first couple of pictures bear some resemblance to my husband who I type as SLI-Te-N 9w8 sp/so. But the later pictures could pass as LSI.

Interesting to see the LIE suggestions.
    Last edited by Allegra; 04-09-2019 at 05:15 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not the best typer, especially from VI, but I'm 100% positive he isn't SLI. Being old and gruzzled doesn't make somebody SLI, contrary to the stereotypes. He's either Beta or Gamma; probably Beta because he seems Fe. I'm tentatively echoing @Beautiful sky 's LSI suggestion.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he really does resemble Filatova's SLIs. what's the type of your mum, @aster? I remember she is ESE? do you think they are in supervision?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he a Harmonizing type?
    Honestly, I’m not sure. I think it’s likely, from what I’ve read, but I’m not knowledgeable enough about DCNH to say with any degree of certainty.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    He looks the kind of person who doesn't want his privacy fucked with. I hope you asked for permission.
    lol. He doesn’t mind if I only keep them up for a few days. I’m the baby of the family and never got in trouble with my dad. I can do no wrong
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Hmmm, not sure where people are getting the LIE-Ni from. He seems like an SLI VI to me. I find Fe role more apparent in LIEs - they're more charming/affable from the onset. But I am very new to this, so I could easily be wrong. @aster what do you think his type is?
    I didn’t want to say what type I thought he was because I didn’t want it to affect others opinions, but I think I’ve got enough opinions now I’ve been typing him SLI. The only other type I’ve seriously considered is LSI. LIE has never crossed my mind. Although getting so many of those typings from others, I think it’s worth consideration. I can see why people think he has ‘Ni eyes’, looking back at the pics.

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
    The first couple of pictures bear some resemblance to my husband who I type as SLI-Te-N 9w8 sp/so. But the later pictures could pass as LSI.

Interesring to see the LIE suggestions.
    I agree, later ones seem more LSI to me, too. I really like @Kill4Me’s enneagram typing (9w8 sp/so). It actually makes a lot of sense. If he happened to be LIE, maybe it’d make him more Si like? Idk, sometimes mixing enneagram and socionics gets me all confused.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he looks Normalizing. Hard to say for certain though, EDIT, yeah, or Harmonizing
    Last edited by Tallmo; 04-09-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

[FONT="][FONT="]I didn’t want to say what type I thought he was because I didn’t want it to affect others opinions, but I think I’ve got enough opinions now I’ve been typing him SLI. The only other type I’ve seriously considered is LSI. LIE has never crossed my mind. Although getting so many of those typings from others, I think it’s worth consideration. I can see why people think he has ‘Ni eyes’, looking back at the pics. [/FONT][/FONT]

what is N eyes? he's 100% lsi
    -

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To reply to myself (haha)... Okay so LIE-Ni Harmonizing types can resemble SLI's (their supervisors). I am aware not everyone agrees with DCNH theory but THIS is a real thing. I'll come out and say that I get this knowledge partially from an epiphany I have had about my dad.

A while back I asked people to VI my dad. Sol was sure he was ISTj or ESTp, but IR and just knowing him really ruled that out. I had settled on an introverted sort of ESTj typing but Sol was right IN THAT ESTj(Si) never quite fit..... After studying LIE-Ni's I suddenly realized my dad not only looked like one (as a younger person especially) but fit the criteria. And he too appears to be quiet and mysterious in some ways. When I read that Harmonizing types can resemble their supervisors it all clicked.

Anyway, I VI my dad the same way as your dad @aster: LIE-Ni. Is he a Harmonizing type? Very interesting case.
    I don't know Aster's dad's type, just responding concerning Harmonizing LIE. I've only met one H-LIE, but I know him quite well. He is a strange combination of very laid back and super efficient. It's like he has a Te engine full of horsepowers spinning under the hood.

I met him at university. He was getting to know a C-SEE girl at the same time, whom I also knew. We used to hang out all three of us.

Here is a picture of him (click to enlarge):

H-LIE.jpg
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I think he really does resemble Filatova's SLIs. what's the type of your mum, @aster? I remember she is ESE? do you think they are in supervision?
    Sometimes I think she is IEE. My parents have a weird relationship. I really hate to elaborate too much further online.

My dad is hard to get along with for most people. He is blunt and can be kind of rude. He says hurtful things to my mom. My mom lets people walk all over her, so she lets him, but she once beat the crap out of him lol I guess that time he went too far. My mom is a bigger woman. Tall, big boned. She thinks she could easily take him lol. He thinks my mom is crazy and she thinks he’s an asshole. He is happy with what he has, but she always wants more. I think she is an E7 and uses shopping as a form of therapy and escapism.

He also is gossipy according to my mom lol. She was telling me this yesterday, he gossips like a bored old woman.. He is also pretty critical. According to my sister, extremely critical. He’s also really dutiful, though. Very responsible. He was a good provider for my family. Reliable. Spent time with us every evening. But he worked constantly. From dusk till dawn. He still is working himself to death, making money. He’s not very opportunistic, though. He likes the simple life. He’s also a huge tight wad. But he says my mom spends all of his money. I think he’s now hiding his money from her. lol I imagine he’s worried about retirement.

So what kind of relationship does this sound like to you guys, ideas?
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    All Moms are SEI.
    I thought they're all ESE and turn into SEIs once they're grandmas

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the details : ) @aster

uh, from the description your dad looks like my mum, workaholic, a bit grumpy, and gossypy!! (omg, this is so true, she was always commenting on everyone, also a real observer of her surrounding, she had a soft spot for home decor, wanted to be an architect).. hmm. my mum was SLI too I think.

Idk, I don't have the elements to comment on their relationship, I'm sure they love each other guts after all this time, good IR or not. Is your mum the hot blondie in the last pic? the everyday life interactions you brought up made me smile wholeheartedly, so, thanks : )))

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sometimes I think she is IEE. My parents have a weird relationship. I really hate to elaborate too much further online.

My dad is hard to get along with for most people. He is blunt and can be kind of rude. He says hurtful things to my mom. My mom lets people walk all over her, so she lets him, but she once beat the crap out of him lol I guess that time he went too far. My mom is a bigger woman. Tall, big boned. She thinks she could easily take him lol. He thinks my mom is crazy and she thinks he’s an asshole. He is happy with what he has, but she always wants more. I think she is an E7 and uses shopping as a form of therapy and escapism.

He also is gossipy according to my mom lol. She was telling me this yesterday, he gossips like a bored old woman.. He is also pretty critical. According to my sister, extremely critical. He’s also really dutiful, though. Very responsible. He was a good provider for my family. Reliable. Spent time with us every evening. But he worked constantly. From dusk till dawn. He still is working himself to death, making money. He’s not very opportunistic, though. He likes the simple life. He’s also a huge tight wad. But he says my mom spends all of his money. I think he’s now hiding his money from her. lol I imagine he’s worried about retirement.

So what kind of relationship does this sound like to you guys, ideas?
    You want me to type her?
    -

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is your mum the hot blondie in the last pic?
    Yep, that’s my momma
    the everyday life interactions you brought up made me smile wholeheartedly, so, thanks : )))
    My pleasure
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You can already sense that they are not duals right?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

thanks for the details : ) @aster

uh, from the description your dad looks like my mum, workaholic, a bit grumpy, and gossypy!! (omg, this is so true, she was always commenting on everyone, also a real observer of her surrounding, she had a soft spot for home decor, wanted to be an architect).. hmm. my mum was SLI too I think.

Idk, I don't have the elements to comment on their relationship, I'm sure they love each other guts after all this time, good IR or not. Is your mum the hot blondie in the last pic? the everyday life interactions you brought up made me smile wholeheartedly, so, thanks : )))
    She said he’s “reliable, responsible “ that’s the first sentence of Lsi
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B, you look like the female version of Sol, has anybody ever told you?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

B, you look like the female version of Sol, has anybody ever told you?
    Yes I look like my husband. Truth. LSE a s EII come across very much alike when dualized. I like sol

Doesn’t explain to me why you would type her dad sli
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant that I don't think you need explanations, B, you prefer to cut copy snippets from some sources you find reliable, without the effort of thinking things thoroughly yourself. Just like Sol.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I meant that I don't think you need explanations, B, you prefer to cut copy snippets from some sources you find reliable, without the effort of thinking things thoroughly yourself. Just like Sol.
    Nah I’ve thought it through. I’m just waiting for aster to conclude on my typing and tell you that I’m right
    -

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want me to type her?
    Sure, knock yourself out.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sure, knock yourself out.
    Let me try with just that photo. It may be hard if not impossible, letting you know in advance
    -

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me try with just that photo. It may be hard if not impossible, letting you know in advance
    I might be a able to dig out a few more. My mom doesn’t like her picture taken. She’s insecure about her looks, so they will have to be mother approved.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I might be a able to dig out a few more. My mom doesn’t like her picture taken. She’s insecure about her looks, so they will have to be mother approved.
    She’s IEE. Conflict relationship
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Valentina Meged, Anatoly Ovcharov

The most difficult type of relations. Partners try to impose their own views on each other and don't want to accept value of one another. This leads to continuous suppression of one another. Partners notice the slightest flaws in each other and often exaggerate them. They often argue, disagree, don't listen to one another, don't accept each other's arguments. Even jokes and compliments are perceived incorrectly. All of this does not contribute to development of sensitivity, mutual attention to the needs and interests of another. Over time, the tension that originates in exacerbating conflicts and constant desire to move away, causes resentment. Such relationships are difficult in personal life and work. At the beginning, while dating and still maintaining some psychological distance, conflict partners are often sympathetic to each other, admire each other's strengths, talk about their interests, exchange their opinions. When they transition to more frequent and close contact, mutual irritation and misunderstandings arise. It is advisable to adhere to traditions and discuss all changes beforehand. Only careful attitude to each other can save this relationship.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you think of my typings?
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I don't know Aster's dad's type, just responding concerning Harmonizing LIE. I've only met one H-LIE, but I know him quite well. He is a strange combination of very laid back and super efficient. It's like he has a Te engine full of horsepowers spinning under the hood.

I met him at university. He was getting to know a C-SEE girl at the same time, whom I also knew. We used to hang out all three of us.

Here is a picture of him (click to enlarge):

H-LIE.jpg
    This is interesting! That combo as described indeed at least sounds like my dad. He’s either got his “business hat” on or is laid back, jokey and knows how to relax.
    Edit: But his overarching life theme is a very clear vision of creating wealth and providing for his family implemented with expert Te. After my brother’s death especially it is all that keeps him going.

More photos (grabbed from a public profile he has so quality isn’t great but using because they show him in his 30’s on one side and 60’s on the other).

Not sure if there is a resemblance in expression. But he is probably Ni and Harmonizing subtypes.

2834D03A-3CCB-49D6-B76B-7CB387B30175.jpeg

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of my typings?
    lol. I feel like this question is a trap.

I would say if they did happen to be duals, and the socionics enthusiasts had such idealistic expectations, they might just be SOL, but you can always blame it on enneagram!

Basically, if they are conflictors, I wouldn’t doubt it. Your typings are ones I’ve considered myself.

I find it impressive that they have been married for 42 years, if in a conflicting relationship, and should be deserving of our nerdy respect.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol. I feel like this question is a trap.

I would say if they did happen to be duals, and the socionics enthusiasts had such idealistic expectations, they might just be SOL, but you can always blame it on enneagram!

Basically, if they are conflictors, I wouldn’t doubt it. Your typings are ones I’ve considered myself.

I find it impressive that they have been married for 42 years, if in a conflicting relationship, and should be deserving of our nerdy respect.
    My two bosses are one in conflict married for 40 years and the other in semi duality married for 29. Intertype relationship is about level of ease
    -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast