Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Best Career Test - and Maybe Personality System - On the Market

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Best Career Test - and Maybe Personality System - On the Market

I just took a test here: www.careerexplorer.com recently. I think this is the best personality system on the market. The test is comprehensive, measuring a range of traits, it is based on the RIASEC model, which I find incredibly accurate, and the list of careers I got was comprehensive and incredibly on the mark. There was also a personality test, and it was accurate as well. It is so good that it has made me question the validity of socionics: the RIASEC model is nothing like Model A, and the test goes beyond just personality, asking questions related to interests and aptitudes unrelated to personality. It therefore makes me wonder if Model A is anywhere near as accurate.

If anyone is interested here are my results:

https://www.careerexplorer.com/asses...8pjD7wvDA6jIfc.

The personality test is different from what I have seen before, and spot on:

Your strongest trait is Artistic, and your second strongest is Investigative, which makes you a Philosopher.

Philosophers love being creative with their ideas. They have active imaginations and love exploring anomalies and sometimes scientific curiosities in the physical world. Philosophers like unstructured situations that provide them with room to get creative in their work. They like to interpret the world around them and thrive when they are able to express their findings.

Hover over traits for more information.
    Your Archetype is powered by the traits that make up your broad interests.

Skills You Can Focus On
    Philosophers are a relatively common archetype, representing about 8 to 9% of the broader population. They have a working combination of introspection and intuition, which enables them to be both strong rational and divergent thinkers that are able to take a holistic look at life and problems. Philosophers typically take time to think through things before they communicate them. They are naturally strong at working through real world problems, but their thinking can sometimes be overly idealistic and divorced from the intricacies and realities of how people and the world function. Their appreciation for ideas and sometimes the arts combined with their investigative function often makes Philosophers natural critics who appreciate dissecting and discussing forms of expression.

Tendencies To Be Careful Of
    Philosophers tend to have a preference for introspective work where they can be independent and expressive, which can sometimes mean that in this autonomous state, they overlook the need to collaborate with others. They tend to be quite confident in their intellectual and creative ability, often overlooking existing solutions in blind preference for their own perspective. This can mean that they don’t function well within teams. While their way of thinking is often structured, they sometimes struggle in structured environments.

Your Working Style
    You like analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems. You likely prefer using creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas. You are inspired by tough problems, design, and the exploration of data or ideas. You are eager to take on new challenges or initiatives. You like setting goals, and then working persistently to achieve those goals. Your desire for excellence and persistence to see things through will serve you well in your professional life, but can be imposing on others in your personal and family life. It is helpful to sometimes step back and realize others may not naturally be driven by the same factors as you.

Your Working Style is powered by the traits that make up your Broad Personality.

Openness
    Do you find yourself searching for new ideas? Do you enjoy talking about big, abstract ideas? If so, you may have a high openness to experience score. Some common traits of a high openness score include a desire for variety, high curiosity, and an active imagination.

Strengths
    You have an enhanced sensitivity to experiences, which means your appreciation of art, music or film may be deeper and more visceral than others'. You likely have a general proclivity for self reflection, which makes you particularly receptive to your environment and your place in it..
    You don't typically need other people to keep you motivated. Most likely, you have no problem working from home, giving you greater flexibility for structuring your time.
    Watch Out For
    The constant desire to set future goals can get in the way of appreciating past and present successes. You should take the time to enjoy your achievements.
    Your easy going approach to work and life can be perceived as thoughtless, inconsiderate, or lazy by some.
    Be wary of making little slip ups like ”spelling mistakes in your work or missed appointments in your personal life that might unfairly impact people's perception of you.
    Your ability to over emphasize the negative consequences of things can be distressing. This can lead you to be less content with your job or relationships. You should particularly be mindful to appreciate the positive aspects of your life and celebrate success, as this wont come as naturally to you as it does to others.
    Team Interaction
    Extrinsic performance goals will tend to undermine your intrinsic motivation for self improvement and mastery. It is important you work with supportive supervisors who can nurture, as opposed to abuse, your natural motivation.
    You prefer not to conform to existing processes, particularly when you feel they don't make sense, which can make teamwork frustrating at times.
    You tend to prefer supporting your coworkers over leading them. You are constantly on the lookout for errors or negative consequences, which can be an invaluable asset when working with others to improve a product or service. You thrive when your ability to think critically is valued, but beware of shutting down ideas that might actually be successful. Pinpoint the risks or flaws in a plan, but encourage your team to find solutions, rather than dismissing ideas entirely.
    You may feel strained after spending too much time working within a group. You probably do not like having to contribute as much as you like to listen, which means your voice can sometimes go unheard. You are certainly capable of expressing yourself to others, but you may find the experience mentally draining.
    Personal Style
    You prefer to avoid too much planning in your life, preferring to go with the flow, seizing ideas and opportunities as they come to you.
    Your ability to reflect on relationships can aid strengthening them overtime, which makes you likely better suited for long-term relationships than casual dating.
    You are likely somewhat unpredictable, and may be perceived as moody, pessimistic or irritable by those around you. The nature of your emotions could be channelled creatively as did the greats like Freud, Dostoyevsky and Shakespeare, to name a few. Your friends appreciate your creativity and emotional depth, though they might not always understand your feelings.
    You tend to go about life one thing at a time, preferring to keep things simple whenever possible. Having to switch back and forth between tasks while you work, or between people during conversation, may be challenging for you. You may prefer listening than talking, staying in to going out, or doing something you know you love to trying something new.
    Ideal Work Environment
    You thrive in environments with flexible guidelines that encourage you to work on projects with less constrained outcomes or requirements.
    Because of your emotional sensitivity, your environment tends to have a profound influence on your work performance. Hectic, stressful work spaces make it hard for you to focus, while more supportive, positive environments can boost your productivity. A job in an art or writing might be an ideal match for you, as these professions often place high value on your ability to perceive, experience and understand complex emotions that others can't.
    It is important to at least have the option to work in a quiet, isolated environment for you to stay productive when you need it.
    Values
    You value spontaneity and novelty over routine. Whether you're meeting new people, tasting exotic foods, or learning a new skill, you enjoy variety and strive to keep life interesting day-to-day. This willingness to challenge the status quo is something you value in your friends as well as yourself.
    You value personal rituals. Maybe you take an extra half hour every morning to enjoy a quiet coffee before starting your day, or perhaps you have a favourite TV show you watch each evening after work. Whatever form they might take, these routines save you energy and restore you, especially when you feel burned out or anxious.
    You likely don't have particularly engrained political or philosophical leanings and can appreciate both conservative and liberal arguments.

Feel free to comment or add anything you wish...
    Last edited by jason_m; 04-08-2019 at 06:53 AM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

35 dollars
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    35 dollars
    You're right - to get the personality test it's expensive. But even for free, you get some information and a huge list of careers. If all you want is to find out what career you go into, you can get by without paying anything... (Unless the list of careers is bad. But that's a different story...)
    Last edited by jason_m; 04-08-2019 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.careerexplorer.com/asses...f-03657ba9eded

top down most ideal results:

1. professor 5/5

2.clinical ethicist, family practitioner, physician assistant, psychiatrist, neurodiagnostic technologist, genetic counselor, doctor, counseling psychologist, neuropsychologist, health educator, mental health counselor, clinical psychologist, psychologist, physiotherapist, teacher 4.5/5

3.forensic psychologist, forensic pathologist, pathologist, hospitalist, neurologist, immunologist, occupational physician, radiologist, nurse, HS teacher, endocrinologist, medical and clinical lab technologist, orthopaedic surgeon, occupational therapist 4/5

glad to see my discernment's verified.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.careerexplorer.com/asses...f-8eb09d08fd25

5/5
    firefighter and explosives worker

4.5/5
    gunsmith, detective, carpenter, infantry officer
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    gunsmith, detective, carpenter, infantry officer
    wholesome 1940s European traditionalism
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    wholesome 1940s European traditionalism
    Basically the only way to be lol
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5/5 - Ethical Hacker, Cryptographer, Nuclear Engineer, Data Analyst, Security Software Developer, Business Analyst, Security Architect, Security Engineer, Systems Architect, Front-End Developer, Technical Product Manager, Financial Quantitative analyst, pathology, neurologist, database administrator, particle physicist, computer systems administrator, computer network architect, computer and information research scientist, medical and clinical laboratory technologist, medical and clinical laboratory technician, cytogenetic technologist, cytotechnologist, neurodiagnostic technologist, intelligence analyst, robotics engineer, mechatronics engineer, nanotechnology engineer, physicist, doctor. I'd add mathematician since I saw it up there before but it's not in the final results.

literally no 4.5 or 4s.

This really narrows it down... but I guess it does show that I have no experience in jobs and careers lol.

EDIT: took the personality test. Here are the results. Overall, I think they make sense. Don't know how accurate the numbers themselves are, though I did answer the questionnaire honestly. I remember answering most of the discipline related questions as neutral since it tends to fluctuate (this seems paradoxical). But the test says I am regardless. It's a shame that the artistic side isn't well reflected. I see myself as a very "right-brained" person despite my logical demeanour. My thoughts are rarely structured, but to have others understand me, I need to make them structured. This is part of the reason why I'm skeptical I'm necessarily Ti valuing. I'll add that I don't like the usage of nice labels to keep you hooked with the theory. I don't like this about socionics either, but at least the labels are somewhat accurate and aren't such massive ego inflators. Like "the scholar" isn't a measurement of personality. I'm sure many people who obtain these results aren't scholars at all since they don't take initiative. I know I don't as much as I could. While I do enjoy thinking about ideas, solving problems, working through the details and the big picture, the word "intellectual" or "scholar" are too loosely defined for me to take them seriously as a measurement of personality. I wouldn't consider myself either of those at the moment.

You are a Scholar

Your strongest trait is Investigative, and your second strongest is Conventional, which makes you a Scholar.
    Scholars are intellectuals that pay attention to fine details. They spend a lot of time in their mind investigating and exploring new ideas. They usually like to pair their findings with data that can back it up. Scholars are very orderly in their thought processes. They usually prefer structure in their ideas and thoughts over ambiguity.

Skills You Can Focus On

Scholars tend to be precise and detail-oriented which makes them very good at completing tasks independently, rarely relying on guidance from others to see it through to completion. Scholars are ideal for roles like a technician, as they have tendencies to be analytical, curious, scientific, and at the same time, being disciplined in their work as they prefer environments that are well-ordered and encourage accuracy. Scholars usually like getting wrapped up in their work and they enjoy challenging their minds. They also tend to be persistent which means they are extremely likely to see difficult tasks through to completion.

Because the Scholar typically prefers independent work where they can think abstractly or perform complex calculations, this can hurt them when it comes to working within a team. They tend to be quite confident in their abilities and will sometimes move forward with their own ideas rather than suggestions of others. They identify with power and like having a structured plan that they can follow at their own pace, though they tend to shy away from a leadership role themselves.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 23.18.51.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FarDraft; 04-10-2019 at 03:05 PM. Reason: retrospective remark
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

5/5: Mathematician

4/5: Data Analyst, Statistician

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

it's giving me some interface of science and medical fields, which eh I knew already, but imo it doesn't really go deep enough

loved how it would randomly posit these creative career ideas within the process - might think of them one day!

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are an Architect
    Your strongest trait is Investigative, and your second strongest is Realistic, which makes you an Architect.

Architects are analytical thinkers who like to work in the physical world. Their diverse nature translates in their ability to think intellectually and apply what they know with physical work, like working with their hands. They are curious about the physical world and how it works. They enjoy intellectual challenges that are unconventional, and love solving complex problems.

Investigative
    An investigative person is someone who lives in the mind. To solve problems, they prefer reading and studying, books and text, rather than their using their hands. They tend to analyze situations before making decisions. Investigative people are independent thinkers that are both curious and insightful.

Skills You Can Focus On
    The Architect tends to be curious, intellectual, and they are natural problem solvers. They also have a tendency to be practical, hands-on, and typically like working outdoors. They are inherently good at thinking through problems and finding practical solutions, so they tend to thrive when they are given tasks that allow them to function independently and think through problems at their own pace. They get particularly excited when their thoughtful, inquisitive work can be translated into the physical, tangible world.

Because Architects have a propensity for independently-oriented tasks and an inherent love for figuring out complex problems, they do not feel as well equipped to deal with leading a group of people. They would rather get on the ground floor and work than set up a high-level plan for others. Their investigative side tends to make them introspective, inquisitive, and avid readers, which are intrinsically solitary activities. This tends to mean that Architects have a harder time working in more social situations that call for regular tactfulness, relationship building, and interpersonal interaction.
    Last edited by Cybernetic; 04-09-2019 at 06:12 AM. Reason: took extended test
    The great Zen master Zhuang Zhou dreamt that he was a butterfly. When he awoke, he asked himself, "Am I a man who just dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly who now dreams about being a man?"

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, communication, design, psychology, forensics?

LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jobs where people talk at you a lot or jobs where you talk at other people a lot

Screenshot 2019-04-09 at 19.08.28.png

Archetype was Caregiver (Social no.1, Artistic no.2)
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I got a bunch of cool scientisty jobs (that I'll never actually be able to have) like nanotechnology engineer and particle physicist. I used to be addicted to this site.

Your strongest trait is Investigative, and your second strongest is Artistic, which makes you an Enthusiast.

Enthusiasts are inquisitive and curious about things and like to solve problems in a methodical and rational way. They have the ability to express their ideas and concepts to others in an easy to understand and logical manner. They are also refreshingly open-minded and love to be inspired and motivated by different ideas and theories.
    Last edited by ouronis; 04-10-2019 at 03:29 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This test was very interesting. I'm not familiar with the models it uses to determine a person's traits, but it seems to have enough questions, including repeat questions to check your responses, to form a pretty good image of a person.
    The test suggested a number of professions, some of which I have done, but most were ones that I would not consider. Still, it was pretty good at guessing.

The suggested jobs imply that I would make a better leader than manager, which I knew, but the test didn't directly state that I refuse to be controlled. Which is also true.

The test also assesses a person's traits, which are important for matching career and happiness.

It claims that my strongest trait is Enterprising and second strongest is Artistic, which makes me a Maverick.

Strangely enough, I took an enneagram test which also said I was a Maverick. https://i.imgur.com/Pd7F2Dg.jpg

Here is my trait assessment from this test:

Your Trait Report

You’re a leader - you’re more enterprising than 88% of the world.

Trait Insights:

Enterprising

An enterprising person is someone who makes an excellent leader. They are excellent problem solvers and enjoy sales and management roles. This type of person is extroverted, and while they may seem restless or irresponsible, their energy and ability to take risks is the reason many projects get started and stay successful.
    You vs Everyone Else – 88%

You value teaching, engineering, and skilled trades.

Enterprising 71%
    Artistic 50%
    Investigative 46%
    Realistic 45%
    Social 20%
    Conventional 15%
    You are a Maverick

Your strongest trait is Enterprising, and your second strongest is Artistic, which makes you a Maverick.
    Mavericks are natural influencers and love to express their artistic selves. They like to use their intuition when developing new ideas and generally have a competitive nature. They are willing to take risks and like environments where they are not tied down to any constraints.

Skills You Can Focus On
    Mavericks tend to be self-confident, persuasive, and popular while also having an appreciation for the arts. They tend to enjoy creative activities like writing, art, and drama. They see themselves as expressive and original and enjoy influencing others. Mavericks tend to be very intuitive and are great at taking on tasks and bringing them to the next level. They are very expressive and know how to win over a crowd. They tend to do well in roles where they can be artistic directors because they are able to make decisions that lead a group of people to carry out their vision.

Because Mavericks tend to be very creative people that enjoy directing the overall vision for a group of people, they can sometimes run into trouble when they have to work on projects individually that only contribute to a portion of the overall vision. While Mavericks know that every piece is crucial to the final execution of a project, they would rather oversee the production or work on something that’s more connected to the overall vision and artistic expression than the practical elements. They also tend to value variety over routine and can lose interest if circumstances stay the same for too long.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    I got a bunch of cool scientisty jobs (that I'll never actually be able to have) like nanotechnology engineer and particle physicist. I used to be addicted to this site.

Your strongest trait is Investigative, and your second strongest is Artistic, which makes you an Enthusiast.

Enthusiasts are inquisitive and curious about things and like to solve problems in a methodical and rational way. They have the ability to express their ideas and concepts to others in an easy to understand and logical manner. They are also refreshingly open-minded and love to be inspired and motivated by different ideas and theories.
    Am I reading you right: you got a physics B.Sc., but your grades were not good enough to get into graduate school? If that is correct, you'd be surprised: I can barely do anything in physics, but I just breezed through undergraduate computer science. Undergraduate math, astronomy, anything, isn't that hard for me either - physics I find impossible. If my assessment is correct, try taking some courses in a field like computer science or engineering. Then take the GREs and apply to graduate school. From what I've read about how hard physics is, you would probably get in and get through. (E.g., read about physics here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Physics/com...nted_to_share/)

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jason_m View Post
    Am I reading you right: you got a physics B.Sc., but your grades were not good enough to get into graduate school? If that is correct, you'd be surprised: I can barely do anything in physics, but I just breezed through undergraduate computer science. Undergraduate math, astronomy, anything, isn't that hard for me either - physics I find impossible. If my assessment is correct, try taking some courses in a field like computer science or engineering. Then take the GREs and apply to graduate school. From what I've read about how hard physics is, you would probably get in and get through. (E.g., read about physics here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Physics/com...nted_to_share/)
    No. I went to engineering school for one year then decided to stop because it didnt feel right and my grades were pretty shitty. The social sciences were always way more up my alley.

I say I'll never be able to have those jobs because the money and time required to start over would be prohibitive.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good one. Most of these I have considered for myself before.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enterprising, Maverick
    Top job suggestions - Data Analyst, Business Analyst, Market Research Analyst, Stock Trader, Operations Research Analyst, Data Scientist

Maybe I am an SLE after all

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You are a Visionary. Your strongest trait is Artistic, and second strongest trait is Enterprising.
    Learn about visionaries
    You are all about creating your own artistic empire. You crave independent and unstructured spaces where you can be creative, take risks, and develop new ideas.

You’re a realist - you’re more realistic than 84% of the world
    Learn about your broad interests.
    You value creative arts, working with animals, and creative writing & journalism.

Artistic

Enterprising

Realistic

Investigative

Social

Conventional
    TRAIT INSIGHTS

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You are an Enthusiast

Hover over traits for more information.
    Your Archetype is powered by the traits that make up your broad interests.

ConventionalA conventional person is someone who is careful, quiet, and pays close attention to detail. Following a set of rules appeals to these people as they like to feel secure and certain. They prefer to carry out tasks assigned by others rather than take on a leadership role. They are typically neat, tidy, and enjoy working with data in structured settings.
    Skills You Can Focus On

Enthusiasts are the most common archetype, representing about 10% of the population. Enthusiasts tend to be independent, curious, and analytical while also tending to be imaginative and idealistic. This combination usually makes Enthusiasts introspective people that have a proclivity for finding peculiarities in the world and trying to understand them. The investigative part of their archetype means they are thinkers, preferring work where they can read, understand, solve problems, and conduct their own experiments, while their artistic side is a creator and fascinated with new concepts and ideas. These curious tendencies usually make Enthusiasts excel in work where they can break down how something works, like in mathematics, medicine, or the sciences.

The Enthusiast’s aptitude for creative thinking and their desire to work at their own pace, conduct research, and think abstractly, can sometimes stifle their ability to lead a team or work within a group people where they are constrained by a timeline. Their tendency to favor work that is more scientific or academic can also mean that they sometimes have difficulty following highly systematic or repetitive tasks like data entry or keeping track of small details.

Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 04-14-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, peeps, I am officially a Groundbreaker .

Your strongest trait is Investigative, and your second strongest is Enterprising, which makes you a Groundbreaker.
    Groundbreakers have a diverse nature that allows them to spend time mulling over theories as well as expressing ideas. They can usually persuade other people to see their ways of thinking. They love investigating and synthesizing abstractions and are very self-confident. Once a Groundbreaker has finished conceiving an idea or developing a theory, they are able to verbally express their thoughts to others with conviction.

Skills You Can Focus On
    The Groundbreaker’s two main functions, investigative and enterprising, are actually opposites, but of the six opposite archetypes, Groundbreakers are actually the most common of them all, representing 3–4% of the population. While they have a natural inclination to be inquisitive, introspective, and methodical, their enterprising side wants to be assertive, enthusiastic, and take charge. This combination lends itself well in settings where there is an ambitious project underway that needs to get off the ground and into the public. Groundbreakers have the ability to work on a project and then get it in front of the right people and sell it with genuine conviction.

Tendencies to be careful of

Because Groundbreakers have such diametrical functions, they must deal with a clash between their two strongest traits. This difference can make career and life choices difficult when one function must take a backseat to the other. So much of the Groundbreaker wants to spend time thinking through difficult problems or trying to understand new concepts, while the enterprising side craves to be in front of other people, taking risks, or engaging in competition. Though this awkward in-between puts the Groundbreaker in a very unique position where he or she is able to take a very structured and analytical project to new heights where it can be seen as something that holds authority.

Other than that:
    Investigative 71
    Enterprising 58
    Artistic 50
    Conventional 35
    Realistic 30
    Social 15

I'm surprised at the low digits of my Social range because I didn't feel like I answered in a way that was low on sociability. In this light it's interesting that I got a couple of Psychologist professions as my 5/5 (some 4/5), along with a Detective (!) and Author. And then, Interior Designer. A bit all over the place . It got that right at least.
    At this again.
    9w1 sx/so
    Cancer Sun, Mercury and Mars, Virgo Ascendant and Moon, Taurus Venus. Fortunately spiced up with Uranus on IC.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did the free test only too, or better said I rushed through it, got a quite similar result as @FarDraft

Investigative + Conventional = Scholar type

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This test was very interesting. I'm not familiar with the models it uses to determine a person's traits, but it seems to have enough questions, including repeat questions to check your responses, to form a pretty good image of a person.
    The test suggested a number of professions, some of which I have done, but most were ones that I would not consider. Still, it was pretty good at guessing.

The suggested jobs imply that I would make a better leader than manager, which I knew, but the test didn't directly state that I refuse to be controlled. Which is also true.

The test also assesses a person's traits, which are important for matching career and happiness.

It claims that my strongest trait is Enterprising and second strongest is Artistic, which makes me a Maverick.

Strangely enough, I took an enneagram test which also said I was a Maverick. https://i.imgur.com/Pd7F2Dg.jpg

Here is my trait assessment from this test:

Your Trait Report

You’re a leader - you’re more enterprising than 88% of the world.

Trait Insights:

Enterprising

An enterprising person is someone who makes an excellent leader. They are excellent problem solvers and enjoy sales and management roles. This type of person is extroverted, and while they may seem restless or irresponsible, their energy and ability to take risks is the reason many projects get started and stay successful.
    You vs Everyone Else – 88%

You value teaching, engineering, and skilled trades.

Enterprising 71%
    Artistic 50%
    Investigative 46%
    Realistic 45%
    Social 20%
    Conventional 15%
    You are a Maverick

Your strongest trait is Enterprising, and your second strongest is Artistic, which makes you a Maverick.
    Mavericks are natural influencers and love to express their artistic selves. They like to use their intuition when developing new ideas and generally have a competitive nature. They are willing to take risks and like environments where they are not tied down to any constraints.

Skills You Can Focus On
    Mavericks tend to be self-confident, persuasive, and popular while also having an appreciation for the arts. They tend to enjoy creative activities like writing, art, and drama. They see themselves as expressive and original and enjoy influencing others. Mavericks tend to be very intuitive and are great at taking on tasks and bringing them to the next level. They are very expressive and know how to win over a crowd. They tend to do well in roles where they can be artistic directors because they are able to make decisions that lead a group of people to carry out their vision.

Because Mavericks tend to be very creative people that enjoy directing the overall vision for a group of people, they can sometimes run into trouble when they have to work on projects individually that only contribute to a portion of the overall vision. While Mavericks know that every piece is crucial to the final execution of a project, they would rather oversee the production or work on something that’s more connected to the overall vision and artistic expression than the practical elements. They also tend to value variety over routine and can lose interest if circumstances stay the same for too long.
    EIE confirmed?

Thank you for sharing this Best Career Test with us here. The bad part of this test is the paid career test, so you need to pay JUST 35$ to have the advice for the best job appointment for you. In my opinion, the better way is to do the research by yourself and don't trust these tricky services. If you are looking for a well-paid job, try looking at sites like moneylifewax. I'm sure you can find a piece of good information and suggestions about your future job, and this is completely free.
    Last edited by gordontufano; 02-16-2022 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This test is incredibly good
    Souls know their way back home

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just loved it! I'm gonna make a special video announcing this site to everyone who knows me on social media.

Thanks dude
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This test was pretty good, it got me down. I forgot to save the results and didn't want to give my email and now I'm regretting it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Top choice was Counseling psychologist

Modest people are humble and unassuming.

Modest people do not want to the center of attention. Generally speaking, they see people as equals, neither thinking of themselves as better than others or others as better than themselves. While modesty is a well-respected quality in people, in the workplace it can be perceived as incompetence. It is important for modest people to work in environments that monitor and reward real output instead of self endorsement or politics.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 02-16-2023 at 03:37 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AntTea View Post
    This test was pretty good, it got me down. I forgot to save the results and didn't want to give my email and now I'm regretting it.
    If you try to open the link again it may take you to the results
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• You are a Caregiver. Your strongest trait is Social, and second strongest trait is Artistic.
    • You thrive in social settings, especially when cultivating creativity. Your empathetic and sensitive nature makes you naturally good at thinking of and sharing new ideas.
    • You likely have a general proclivity for self reflection, which makes you particularly receptive to your environment and your place in it.
    • You have an outgoing nature - you’re more social than 98% of the world.
    • You value culinary arts, working with animals, and green industry.
    • You value recognition, uphold moral values, and supportive supervisors.

I am fairly social but it feels a bit weird to be primarily rated as social considering I'm still an introvert. It's not like I love going to parties lol. I'm also not all that great at thinking of new ideas, but I am receptive to new ideas and like to build on them.

Still, the test seems pretty accurate. Career tests always make me sad as I have never had any career aspirations. But this one was very kind to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno View Post
    • You are a Caregiver. Your strongest trait is Social, and second strongest trait is Artistic.
    • You thrive in social settings, especially when cultivating creativity. Your empathetic and sensitive nature makes you naturally good at thinking of and sharing new ideas.
    • You likely have a general proclivity for self reflection, which makes you particularly receptive to your environment and your place in it.
    • You have an outgoing nature - you’re more social than 98% of the world.
    • You value culinary arts, working with animals, and green industry.
    • You value recognition, uphold moral values, and supportive supervisors.

I am fairly social but it feels a bit weird to be primarily rated as social considering I'm still an introvert. It's not like I love going to parties lol. I'm also not all that great at thinking of new ideas, but I am receptive to new ideas and like to build on them.

Still, the test seems pretty accurate. Career tests always make me sad as I have never had any career aspirations. But this one was very kind to me.

Yes I do see SEI working in veterinary medicine
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine told me to be a teacher/ therapist etc. I'm not sure a role like therapist would suit me, I think the test is just picking up on the fact I am a supportive person to people around me, and need to work with people who appreciate that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    mine told me to be a teacher/ therapist etc. I'm not sure a role like therapist would suit me, I think the test is just picking up on the fact I am a supportive person to people around me, and need to work with people who appreciate that.
    Very NF response of the test

Are you going to do it?
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Very NF response of the test

Are you going to do it?
    it does make you re-think the own boxes you've put yourself in/ the things you've decided are the 'right' career for you. I guess for now I like working in a large company/ social organisation (my role includes helping people). I think I need my colleagues for a little while longer..but I guess you never know in the future. If you've experienced a lot of problems in life maybe you are the best person to help others in mental difficulty? atm dealing with people with anxiety/ depression sounds stressful/ depressing, but maybe once I'm in a more secure place myself it could be interesting.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-20-2023 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are a Philosopher

Expressive, Thoughtful, Inquisitive

Philosophers love being creative with their ideas. They have active imaginations and love exploring anomalies and sometimes scientific curiosities in the physical world. Philosophers like unstructured situations that provide them with room to get creative in their work. They like to interpret the world around them and thrive when they are able to express their findings.
    You are idea-minded

Idea Minded people are curious and deep thinkers.

Idea minded people have a fascination with systems and complexity. For this reason, they are often drawn towards philosophical discussions of ethics and politics and questions of justice. They are deeply curious people who care about practical matters in a way that others might overlook or take for granted. They also often play devil's advocate, which they do not from a place of wanting to be annoying, but for pushing other people's thinking in pursuit of a greater truth.
    You are well-tempered

Well Tempered people are flexible and adaptable.

Well-tempered people are the forgive and forget type. They don't make enemies or hold grudges. They instinctively moderate their behavior to comply with their surroundings, which makes them adaptable to many situations and generally liked by people. However, this well-temperedness can be inadvertently taken advantage of when surrounded with less well-tempered people who might drown others out.
    Top Careers:

Art Therapist
    Cinematographer
    Film Colorist
    Film Director
    Film and Video Editor
    Front-End Developer
    Games Artist
    Illustrator
    Multimedia Animator
    Music Editor
    Photojournalist
    Video Game Creative Director
    Video Game Designer
    Video Game Producer
    Musician
    Somewhat accurate.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also..caregiver, uninhibited, gregarious (put that on my dating profile LOL)

caregiver and gregarious like ESE mum, caregiver and uninhibited(?) like SLI father

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doing this test made me dig out the results of an old career test i did aged 16. It says I had v good verbal ability, v good perceptual ability (diagrams and pics), v good manual speed (working with hands). I am also off the charts in 'decisiveness and confidence' LOL, and quite good at reasoning/abstract thinking. Skip forward a year and I was quite a different person depression etc. (I don't feel good with words anymore (17/18 years later), also don't feel great with art but have never stopped trying with either).

Edit: had to delete some of the post
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 05-20-2023 at 11:44 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kingpin

Going to buy a gun to bring humanism and love into this world

results.png

You are a Kingpin

Your strongest trait is Enterprising, and your second strongest is Conventional, which makes you a Kingpin.
    Kingpins are leaders who prefer an organized structure for running the show. Success is important to the Kingpin and they feel at home when they are managing a business or team of people. Though some Kingpins like taking risks in their endeavors, many like to stay calculated and structured in the way they approach their big ideas. This makes them excellent at maintaining a steady and successful workload.

Skills You Can Focus On

Kingpins are self-confident, assertive, and ambitious. Their ideas are usually carefully planned and they excel at initiating projects and organizing groups. Organizational skills are important to the Kingpin and they tend to value success in business. They orient their personal and professional decisions toward high accomplishments, which makes them ideal for roles of management. They can be energetic and sociable, but when there is work to do, they often prefer to work.

While Kingpins tend to see themselves as very orderly and ambitious, they don’t see themselves as being very mathematical or scientific. They can find it challenging to think through every possible outcome of a project. Kingpins are usually best suited working as part of a team or as guide for a group of people, so it can sometimes hurt them if they have to work independently for an extended period of time as they thrive in the company of others.

Your Working Style

You like analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems. You likely prefer using creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas. You are inspired by tough problems, design, and the exploration of data or ideas. You are a highly productive individual. You are likely very dependable, and are committed to doing a job correctly and carefully. You are trustworthy, accountable and pay attention to details. You are likely more risk-averse
    Last edited by Kurt Gabin; 02-19-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast