Thread: Chinese zodiac

TIM
    SLI-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Chinese zodiac

The twelve signs of the Chinese zodiac can be used to form the basis of a typology, much like our own familiar zodiac. Once you throw out the astrological association with year of birth (which, let's be honest, is a bunch of hokum), you're actually left with a rather robust collection of personalities and their compatibility. These personality types can be divided into quadras -- although they're not called quadras here, but rather trines. The best interpersonal matches are the other two signs in the trine one belongs to.

Trine I

Rat
    Rats are natural born leaders who at their core are generous, intelligent folks who aren't afraid to let their ambition show. They are quick witted, clever, charming, sharp and funny. Rats have excellent taste, and are good friends who are generous and loyal to others considered part of their pack. Their weaknesses include being timid, stubborn, wordy, greedy, devious, and sometimes too eager for power.

Dragon
    The Dragon represents authority and good fortune. A powerful sign, these people are energetic, warm hearted, charismatic, lucky in love and egotistic. They're natural born leaders, good at giving orders and doing what's necessary to remain on top. Dragons are enigmatic, creative, and highly adaptable -- their tastes may change dramatically, but they're still the same passionate people underneath. Dragons also tend to be conceited, scrutinizing, tactless, quick tempered and overconfident.

Monkey
    In one word, this sign is tireless. Monkeys have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, adventure, and success. They're equally quick with an idea as they are with a question. This spirited sign likes to keep others on their toes, and thrive on having fun. They're energetic, upbeat, and good at listening, but lack self control. They tend to be heart breakers and not good at long term relationships because their morals can be weak.

Trine II

Ox
    The Ox is the symbol of diligence in Chinese culture. People under this sign are usually hard working, honest, creative, ambitious, cautious, patient and can handle things steadily. However, they tend to be stubborn, narrow minded, indifferent, prejudiced, and not natural born communicators. The Ox takes comfort in family and friends and is a reliable, protective and strong companion.

Snake
    Those born under the Chinese zodiac sign on the Snake are seductive, gregarious, introverted, generous, charming, good with money, analytical, smart, hard working and intelligent. They rely on their own gut feeling to make decisions. They are pliable and full of sympathy. On the other hand, there is a tendency for them to be lazy, greedy, arrogant and indulging in self admiration. They make fantastic allies due to their ability to look at problems objectively.

Rooster
    People born in the year of the Rooster are beautiful, kind hearted, hard working, courageous, independent, humorous and honest. They like to keep their home neat and organized. On the other hand, they can be arrogant. Roosters tend to be straight shooters who appreciate the same practicality in others. They're highly efficient in their work and trustworthy in their friendships. Roosters are classic self starters who, unsurprisingly, also happen to be very punctual.

Trine III

Tiger
    Tigers are the symbol of bravery but tend to be one of the flashier signs. Tigers are incredibly charismatic and often find themselves in leadership positions, even if they haven't sought them out. They tend to have indomitable fortitude and great confidence, but can be impetuous, irritable, overindulgent and boastful. They are charming, ambitious, courageous, warm hearted, highly seductive, moody, intense, and ready to pounce at any time.

Horse
    Horses have an indomitable spirit and are always moving towards a goal. People of this sign are clever, active, energetic, quick witted, fashionable, agile, popular amongst others, and have the ability to persuade others. Horses tend to love to roam free, and can be seen as drifters. They're great at seducing and can come across as selfish, arrogant, and impatient. However, they are naturally charming and crave independence.

Dog
    The Dog is the symbol of loyalty and honesty. People born in the year of the Dog are said to possess the best traits of human nature. They are honest, friendly, faithful, loyal, smart, straightforward, venerable and have a strong sense of responsibility. Their weaknesses include being self righteous, cold, terribly stubborn, and critical of others. Dogs excel in business but have trouble finding mates. They have a strong moral compass that can be rarely ignored.

Trine IV

Rabbit
    Those born under the Chinese zodiac sign of the Rabbit enjoy being surrounded by family and friends. They're popular, compassionate, sincere, and dislike fighting. They like to find solutions through compromise and negotiation. Rabbits enjoy their home and entertaining in them, but have the potential to be superficial, stubborn, melancholy and overly discreet at times.

Goat/Sheep
    People born under this sign tend to need lots of love, support, and reassurance because they can be anxiety ridden. Goats enjoy being alone in their thoughts and are creative, thinkers, wanderers, disorganized, high strung and insecure. They represent solidarity, harmony, and calmness. Goats tend to be polite, mind mannered, shy, and known for their style and refinement.

Pig
    Those born under the sign of the Pig are extremely nice, well mannered and tasteful. They are perfectionists who enjoy the finer things but are not perceived as snobs. They enjoy helping others and are good companions until someone crosses them -- then look out! The Pig is a mild and lucky animal representing carefree fun, good fortune and wealth. Their weaknesses include stubbornness, naivete, self indulgence, and temper. They are sometimes regarded as being lazy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All sign descriptions taken from the place setting sheet at Inchin's Bamboo Garden.

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an "ox"... (oct 1997)
    Last edited by welcometomania; 11-11-2022 at 05:14 AM.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm Fire Dragon !

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposed to be Metal Goat, but the "anxiety-ridden" descriptions, much like E6's anxiety, don't fit me.

EDIT:
    If anything, I'm more the type to shoo away anxiety in favor of toughness, endurance, persistence, resilience, etc. Handling difficult things calmly and smoothly is something I take pride in.
    Last edited by Fluffy Princess Unicorn; 08-31-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the risk of spilling the beans on my age, I will mention that I am none other than a fire rabbit. This fact makes me proud, proud because rabbits are the luckiest creatures in Chinese astrology and because fire is the most powerful of the elements, even though I don't place any stock in astrology. The idea that every other baby born in the hospital with me would have the same personality as I do is ludicrous in the extreme.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    At the risk of spilling the beans on my age, I will mention that I am none other than a fire rabbit. This fact makes me proud, proud because rabbits are the luckiest creatures in Chinese astrology and because fire is the most powerful of the elements, even though I don't place any stock in astrology. The idea that every other baby born in the hospital with me would have the same personality as I do is ludicrous in the extreme.
    Bunny as your symbol is an ageless testament to tree of life lottery tickets with Spongebob and Scizor to reap bells and whistles from Bunny gathering me up in an ash flute!!

I'm Halloween 1993 Rooster.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition