Thread: SEI-ILI (ISFp-INTp) Superego relations

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI-ILI (ISFp-INTp) Superego relations

What does it look like, iye? Where does the SEI irritate the ILI, and vice versa? Where do they get along?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

These two seem to get along very well and when they're together, conversation seems to flow easily; there has to be a breakdown outside of type for them not to but when this happens, their defensive natures can make mountains out of molehills. When breakdowns occur, they seem to entrench into their respective defences and metaphorically throw stones at one another. Their Achilles heel seems to be that each gets paranoid that the other is doing something subversive (to personal defences?) so will retaliate, which seems to force the other to escalate conflict as if each has something to win or prove. They both can be so convinced of their own positions and conceptions that they'll fail to see that the other is not as bad as they think. This seems to be a condition among many Ip-Ip relationships......

a.k.a. I/O

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this relation confusing. There seems to be something there, but then after awhile i just want to escape. I try to stay away from ILIs
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find SEIs to be very interesting and alluring in ways that are difficult to describe. They are soft, have a really great eye for aesthetics, are generally very kind. At the same time they can be too passive and overly accommodating as you watch people take advantage of them. They may actually make better romantic partners for the ILI than SEE by understanding and respecting the space and alone time the ILI needs, as long as their Fe isn't too strong and smothering. SEE would make a good friend that can push you to get out and do new things, but the SEI is someone you may be able to comfortably rely on over a longer period of time and isn't nearly as flighty.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a married couple of this type, and they may bicker over but little things they seems fine. I heard this relationship is actually common.

I do notice ILI has to push SEI to go along with his plans, and SEI gets frustrated from being pushed but goes along with it. Also SEI tends to playfully mock ILIs lack of Fe when she is talking with others, things like "My husband is clueless when it comes to *insert social protocol*". It kind of looks like she's criticizing him a bit, but because it's a joke it seems fine. Also she has had to admit to herself that she sometimes mistakes her husband for being arrogant, my guess is she things his Ni is too sure of itself.

They both love to save money though! Lol, that's one thing they love to do together, is fine the best deal in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    These two seem to get along very well and when they're together, conversation seems to flow easily; there has to be a breakdown outside of type for them not to but when this happens, their defensive natures can make mountains out of molehills. When breakdowns occur, they seem to entrench into their respective defences and metaphorically throw stones at one another. Their Achilles heel seems to be that each gets paranoid that the other is doing something subversive (to personal defences?) so will retaliate, which seems to force the other to escalate conflict as if each has something to win or prove. They both can be so convinced of their own positions and conceptions that they'll fail to see that the other is not as bad as they think. This seems to be a condition among many Ip-Ip relationships......

a.k.a. I/O
    I've seen this with the married couple I know

TIM
    ILI/ INTp
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an ili with a few sei friends. Our relationship is very respectful and we know how much and how little time to spend with each other. We easily can take our breaks and give each other enough space. My sei friend always shoots me a text around the right time. I find that she doesn't make me uncomfortable. We just have to have common things to speak about or history to reminisce. They're good for reminiscing. We don't understand each other but we love each other. I can definitely see how we'd appear cold towards each other from the outside. I agree that its confusing and frustrating as hell watching them be so self sacrificing. I absolutely hate it but also exploit it by pushing them to go along with plans as Lord Pixel said.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Harrison (ILI) and Pattie Boyd (SEI), together for like 11 years. After they broke up and Pattie married Eric Clapton she says George occasionally still called and she thought about going back, realizing it was so much better with George.

I think my ILI ex left me for a probable SEI (though I only met her once). He told me I was too judgmental; maybe he found her more accepting. She did leave him after a year though...

75EA4A00-47BC-4F1D-97E7-2EB1051C4DA2.jpeg