EII have 4D Ni.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Is this related to weak Ni?
    Ni is irrational _feeling_ of what will be. When you are irrationally sure such will happen or such was in the past.
    It's not only an imagination, on which influence different, including your fantasy and wishes.

In your case this seems relates to fantasy for emotions. Not to Ni itself.
    Though it's possibly to fantasy a future as a way to move the events to it. You may do not feel something as it will happen, but then you concentrate on fantasy of this happening until you get irrational assurance - the feeling that this will be. If you'll keep this feeling inside - you'll be moving to that events. It's so called magical approach, which tunes your unconsciousness to help you to achieve the goals - by all your resources, despite are they conscious or not.

What you do - the initial fantasy step. The other part seems is not done by you good. Either you fantasy too low possibly/far events or not sure you want that to happen or do not feel/believe enough that will happen. At Ni often mixes the feeling of future to come (the tendency) and the wish the future be in concrete forms (your own control to which future to move). There is no principle border between predicting and forming the future - they are parts of the one coin.

Your Ni is strong function. This predisposes you to dream about future, - it's significant content of your mind. Weak Ni types do not dream much about future or past. Ne types have it as not valued too, so it's not what they should do often.
    Your main problem with Ni - when that future in not coming, is that you mix to dreaming too much of other functions. The most you mix your emotions too much - as it's your base function. If you want to use Ni good, - study to supress your emotions, - do not wish anything, do not think anything - reject anything besides your inner feeling of your time flow and the coming events of it and the past events which passed. Then study to mix other functions to this, step by step - you'll can try to control to where events to go, to feel the border between just fantasing and where you form the events.

> Or am I dreaming of my daughter and I as a bond from strong Fi?

your F is the main problem. any other function is the problem and F is your leading one

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    EII have 4D Ni.
    EII have it as 2nd strong
    there should not be difference in function's strenght between the same function's variants. there can be practical skills difference, and in the wish and the degree of its conscious usage due to value. this makes surface difference

for example
    Fe types have excellent compasion, - they understand what other people want but care lesser about this than Fi types - this makes them more rude. it's not even close to when T types are rude as do not understand what happens, - but may to look similarly sometimes. the both to behave rude. but when Fe types see the need to be sweet - they'll be without significant problem, what for T types stays hard often despite they'd wanted to do other.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    EII have it as 2nd strong
    there should not be difference in function's strenght between the same function's variants. there can be practical skills difference, and in the wish and the degree of its conscious usage due to value. this makes surface difference

for example
    Fe types have excellent compasion, - they understand what other people want but care lesser about this than Fi types - this makes them more rude. it's not even close to when T types are rude as do not understand what happens, - but may to look similarly sometimes. the both to behave rude. but when Fe types see the need to be sweet - they'll be without significant problem, what for T types stays hard often despite they'd wanted to do other.
    Did you read Golden’s post?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I do this alot, especially when I find someone I am attracted to, I will imagine a ton of who they are and then when I speak to them they are nothing like how I dreamed them up to be.

This sounds like Ne more than anything else.
    That's still Ni IMO.

Sometimes I'll be given a prediction but I don't pay attention to it because how can I know it will happen (Ne doubt), and sometimes it actually happens, my guess is this is unvalued Ni. It is not controlled by me, just my brain just spawns a very silent and feint idea of something happening, and then boom it happens. It freaks me out and I never trust it when I get it.
    Given a prediction? Like it comes to your mind or someone tells you it?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That's still Ni IMO.

Given a prediction? Like it comes to your mind or someone tells you it?
    I just comes to mind, almost out of nothing.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw I know this LIE girl who predicted Trump's victory, 3 years before it happened.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I don’t have strong Ni at all “His strong intuition of time permits him to foresee the course of events, and in time to feel as well as conduct himself as one man or another. He thus has the ability to operate in the political arena. He eagerly alerts those, whom he respects, of threatening situations and other dangers. He straightforwardly states possible troubles to others for it is always deemed preferable to act in an already established situation.”

Course of events is different from expectations or a fantasy
    This is somewhat contrary to what I've witnessed: EIIs seem to be excellent at foreseeing courses of events whereas LSEs are excellent at taking advantage of the insight once it's been pointed out to them. LSEs seem to be able to add the practical implications but relating things so as to come up with unique insight by themselves doesn't seem to be their strong suit.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine and picture things happening a certain way and it NEVER happens the way I picture it.
    For instance I am daydreaming and imaging my daughter's party this weekend, about us sitting on the picnic blanket, about her on my lap playing. Come this weekend what will really happen is something totally different then what I imagined. Is this related to weak Ni? Or am I dreaming of my daughter and I as a bond from strong Fi?

You're reading too much into it. It's just life being life.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if you were planning a party for your infant daughter at a park what would your Ni do?
    I missed this question after a few days of low forum activity, sorry.

I wouldn’t rely overmuch on Ni for this. I do start planning a social event with mental pictures. It gives a sense of how many people will fit in a place, what the weather and sunlight are like at a given time, where people might go in case of bad weather, etc. Are they standing, sitting, happy, tense? Basically, any factors that a straight planning checklist might not catch.

I guess I do keep returning to those pictures.

But mostly it’s just the standard questions, who is invited, how many people, is this for kids or adults really, how long will it be, are they bringing gifts, what kind of invitations, how much notice, what activities, what foodstuffs, and so on. I try to think how long each thing should be. I try to think of things that will surprise people, I guess. And to give them something.

I try to think how I’d feel moving through it all like a movie in my head, but then I run different scenarios.
    Last edited by golden; 04-03-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Usually those sorts of things happen without connection to reality.

Anyway, if this is so I'd consider to use this capacity to something creative. Generating characters with trait combinations from people around them and giving them a life of their own in fantasy world which is an area where an EII can be very good at.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May I? Okay. I want to share my experience with imagining stuff and how it can come in different forms and how I perceive these forms to be. Mayyybe one of these is Ni. I think it is.
    Disclaimer: I'm not saying I'm a competent Ni user, if what I'm describing really is Ni at all. Just my thoughts on the topic. So don't have at me if you disagree.

I've always been a very imaginative person, especially when it came to relations with other people. I would dream about things happening between me and others. Those imaginings are just in my head, like Sky's image of playing with her daughter. They are very aesthetic and picturesque and I can dream up a lot of detail, and since they are something I can control the outcome of (not as a manifestation in physical reality but in my mind, on the same level I'm imagining them), they usually bring me relief. I believe that this activitiy is an important soothing reaction of the psyche when it lacks something in reality. Since emotions don't need a trigger in reality to feel real to you (in a way that, as an example, you can scare yourself by imagining something dangerous while sitting comfortably in your armchair), this state of imagining is a natural healing process of the psyche. It can work the other way round, of course, and it can damage the psyche if you imagine bad things happening to you (that's how anxiety, depression and other disorders can manifest). These imaginings, no matter whether their nature is positive or negative, are not connected to physical reality. They are happening solely in the psychic reality of their creator and are reactions of the psyche to different internalized factors.

Side note: I don't know if this has anything to do with any of the cognitive functions. Does it? Is all of the psyche's activity connected to cognitive functions and describable by them?

Now there is another type of 'imagining' that is something I 'control' on a different level. I'm using inverted commas here because they aren't really imaginings and I don't really control them. But at the same time they are and I do. When I try to break it down, it goes like this. It's not pictures and dreams and wants and desires playing out in my mind. It's more like decisions that come from the future. I don't really have to decide on something that is already bound to happen (in a way it has already happened, it already is), but they feel like decisions. I say: this will happen. And it just happens. The less will I put into it, the less desire or anxiety that it won't (or 'what if it won't?'), the more likely it is that it will happen. Since my natural state is usually quite anxiuos, it's not easy to get to the point where I can access this perhaps zen-like state of withdrawing myself from the situation and just seeing it play out the way it's supposed to. So it's hard to reign that in to actually use it consciously. But it happens all the time outside of me, on another level, and I most likely don't notice it happening half the time.

To put it differently: when I'm calm about something happening, it will happen. When I'm not, it probably indicates it's outside of my ability to comprehend current actions and see their results, so it's likely not going to happen. Because I don't know. When I know, I know.

By the way, all of it is rarely profound nor about important things. Usually just the simple, little pieces of life that's playing out around. The important thing is, these flashes are not emotional in nature, in contrast to the first type of imaginings that I described above. They show up in a perfectly calm and collected manner and are very precise and synthesised in their form.

Basic level example.
    A couple of years ago a plane well from the sky in Smolensk, killing 96 members of the intellectual elite of Poland, including a president who was, well, not the best person in the world and a bigot and did a lot of bad things to our country, to put in simple terms. My initial reaction, when I learned about what happened (I remember I was waiting at the bus stop after a long night of partying with friends), I had only one clear flash of knowledge in my mind: they're going to make him into a saint and a martyr. Fast forward a couple of years, we have a real life cult of followers of the deceased president, with their own rituals and holidays. The late president's twin brother made it his mission to have the deceased brother officially beatified. In catholic church, a blessed person who died as a martyr. Btw, it's all only about the late president and a bit about his wife as an extension of his. The remaining 94 dead people are largely forgotten.

How did I know?
    It was logical for that moment. The country was divided into two strongly opposing fractions, and one of them needed their own cult to gain more followers and win the election. So they used the catastrophe as a symbol upon which to build and with time, they succeeded. I didn't make this whole reasoning in my head to get to my 'prediction' --it just appeared in my head. I actually am taking it all apart only now for this post. Fun stuff.

Intermediate level example.
    It was about 11 pm and I was bored at home. I 'decided' that my boyfriend will come to see me. I then texted him to see what he was up to and it turned out he was at a friend's party in the opposite part of the city. I didn't ask him to come because I thought it was unreasonable to ask at this late hour. He said he would like to come but wouldn't because it was late. Half a hour later he texted he was coming. Took him three hours to get here in the night but he did and much fun was had.

How did I know?
    It was the beginning of the relationship so we were likely still courting, I put effort into bringing myself to his mind by texting him. He probably had told me he was going to a party and I'd already forgotten but my unconscious mind remembered and assumed he would be a bit drunk by the time I texted and thus more ready to act upon a whim. This and probably more factors that I'm unaware of all added up so that this result could happen.

Advanced example.
    Some days, I will know things like 'four items will sell in my shop today'. And they do. I usually sell about 15-20 items per month so that number is not a given on a regular day but some days it is. Do I work more that day? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Do only new items sell? Sometimes they do, sometimes it's the ones I've had in my shop for months. I don't comprehend it but it works.

How do I know?
    I don't know. Patterns, I guess. Observing trends. It's not conscious.

To sum it up, what it is, is taking into acconut the past and current events and situations and emotional states and trends and extrapolating them into the future to see the most probable outcome. There's nothing dreamy, magical or mystical about it. I like to call it organic logic of time. Also, you can't win a lottery using it.

Think about it like this: when you put something in a bag, the result of that action is that the thing will remain in the bag. That's obvious, right?
    Now extrapolate this to relationships between space and time and take into account temporal and local nuances and trends, then stop thinking about it and let it all fall into place.

1. Step one
    2. Step two
    3. ????
    4. PROFIT!!!

Obvious, right?
    At this again.
    9w1 sx/so
    Cancer Sun, Mercury and Mars, Virgo Ascendant and Moon, Taurus Venus. Fortunately spiced up with Uranus on IC.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I missed this question after a few days of low forum activity, sorry.

I wouldn’t rely overmuch on Ni for this. I do start planning a social event with mental pictures. It gives a sense of how many people will fit in a place, what the weather and sunlight are like at a given time, where people might go in case of bad weather, etc. Are they standing, sitting, happy, tense? Basically, any factors that a straight planning checklist might not catch.

I guess I do keep returning to those pictures.

But mostly it’s just the standard questions, who is invited, how many people, is this for kids or adults really, how long will it be, are they bringing gifts, what kind of invitations, how much notice, what activities, what foodstuffs, and so on. I try to think how long each thing should be. I try to think of things that will surprise people, I guess. And to give them something.

I try to think how I’d feel moving through it all like a movie in my head, but then I run different scenarios.
    I don’t think of who is invited and how much food to have. I tell people come if you want and I order a bunch of food. And I have to go boxes so people can take food home for lunch and dinner and they will be taken care of lol
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    for example
    Fe types have excellent compasion, - they understand what other people want but care lesser about this than Fi types -
    wrong

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

idk, could just be you being NF Maritsa. Pictures are nice and romantic but quite obviously life will never be like the romantic ideal in your head, right lol. The real world is sad, challenging and dreary, and too complicated to be entombed in a picturesque view. Reality sucks that way. On the upside though if you are being too worrisome about something or too doom and gloom, the reality of something often reveals itself to be not as bad or dark as you were picturing it so it kinda goes both ways.

Or like my good friend said once 'Reality may have less pretty ribbons, but on the upside - it's real.' And that realness can make our resolve stronger/set us free if we let it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    idk, could just be you being NF Maritsa. Pictures are nice and romantic but quite obviously life will never be like the romantic ideal in your head, right lol. The real world is sad, challenging and dreary, and too complicated to be entombed in a picturesque view. Reality sucks that way. On the upside though if you are being too worrisome about something or too doom and gloom, the reality of something often reveals itself to be not as bad or dark as you were picturing it so it kinda goes both ways.

Or like my good friend said once 'Reality may have less pretty ribbons, but on the upside - it's real.' And that realness can make our resolve stronger/set us free if we let it.
    Yes that has a lot to do with it. I can sit in my bed and dream of her snuggling up to my chest but it will never happen that way because she’s a restless little creature
    -

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I rarely but once awhile imagine things - I see it as less prediction, more wishing, generating emotion.

But imagining the past differently feels too much like window shopping. So maybe there's more "prediction" than I'd like to admit.

I knew the pres would win but attribute it to fi and getting how people work. Maybe it was just chance but my ego was involved in the correctness of it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine and picture things happening a certain way and it NEVER happens the way I picture it.
    For instance I am daydreaming and imaging my daughter's party this weekend, about us sitting on the picnic blanket, about her on my lap playing. Come this weekend what will really happen is something totally different then what I imagined. Is this related to weak Ni? Or am I dreaming of my daughter and I as a bond from strong Fi?
    Just my opinion, but it hasn't been said, so...

I think this is essentially Si more than anything else. You're imagining a kind of idealized and idyllic version of the way you'd like or prefer things to be or how you see that they actually are - a function more of perception and not judgement, like Fi or Ti. I think Si, as a function, is more in tune with coloring perceptions into positive and negative or opposite frames of reference and describing reality in that certain kind of fondness or repulsion, whereas introverted intuition is more removed from that, describing in terms of ideas and concepts about things and how they are connected and flowing together. In Si's worst, I think it can paint the reality of things in a very negative way. Rorschach from The Watchmen has some interesting things to say about his fictional reality

"
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout
    'Save us!'...
    ...and I'll look down and whisper
    'No.'
    "

The weird thing about that is it reminds me of a lot of people that like Christianity. There's a common kind of Si way of perceiving reality in terms of good and bad and in terms of what's good for society and bad, like they have this fondness for various aspects of community and family togetherness/morals. But it's not really all that conceptual or abstract, more how they perceive reality in their own...more immediately felt...way.

course and the disclaimer - that I'm just sharing my own understanding of a pseudo-scientific theory that everyone ends up strongly disagreeing on and in no way expect you to accept my understanding or think it really matters much. But as someone who is probably a classic introvert and a bit on the aspergers side of autism, I can't help describing things on my own terms. ~

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I'm not like that no. I think I'm more Ni driven than anything else and experience things more in terms of patterns I see, how things seem to be connected, and what the flow of things appear to be.

The only times I feel something similar is when I remember a memory, like kissing my first girlfriend. I remember kissing her and holding the kiss and seeing her eyeballs move around like she was so happy to just stay that way. I don't know why suddenly 15 years later it has suddenly become an important memory; maybe a part of me feels a bit lonely or something. But things like that, but it's more just a feeling of my emotional state and so much how I'm perceiving things.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Si experiences and recalls past sense as the sense in experienced and stored.
    -

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know maybe, but

Si -> introverted (subjective) and sensational (how the object is perceived in relation to the subject); maybe you disagree and that's fine. But I don't agree with you then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12