Thread: What do you still want to learn?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do you still want to learn?

What do you still want to learn in this life?

What knowledge are you still missing? What do you want to learn before you die?

Wouldn't it be strange to walk through life without knowledge of X...

Last year I decided that I absolutely need to learn more about world history. It would feel really strange to go through life without knowing what has happened before I got here. And my history knowledge is pretty bad, so there is a real reason for me to improve it. I'm starting from the beginning, last 10.000 years -> present.

It would be interesting to hear what you think.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoni massage.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why should we make such questions? Learning as a process is a discovery. If someone else knows it it serves as a shortcut to new things - a life long process.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think there's much I don't want to learn, other than the unpleasant details of topical news.

If I have a weak spot to that end, it would concern practical skills generally e.g. cooking, learning to drive (which I don't actually want to do), bribing public officials etc.

General subject areas might include engineering, architecture, advanced mathematics, advanced programming...if I had advanced programming skills, this would probably be of greatest benefit to me. Those are subjects that I would generally find not especially enjoyable.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Why should we make such questions? Learning as a process is a discovery. If someone else knows it it serves as a shortcut to new things - a life long process.
    It might not be necessary to ask such questions. In my case I felt that the need for learning history was imposed on me "from above". It's not even a pure interest but rather something "I have to do".
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My mind is blank on this. I guess I will know when I see it.

I probably learn something new everyday though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    It might not be necessary to ask such questions. In my case I felt that the need for learning history was imposed on me "from above". It's not even a pure interest but rather something "I have to do".
    Then you have learnt that you don't want to learn history. Discovery continues. See there is no need to have official structure to it.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Personally. I'm thinking of learning bit more math. Like more in depth about differential equations, Fourier analysis and such.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a little bit of practical skills in architecture. like say building a house from scratch, those kind of things.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What it feels like to have buckets of money.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't have anything that I want to learn...learning to me happens as a side effect of taking action....of being in the action, but the learning part is never a first priority. It just happens later when brain catches up with body. If I run into an obstacle that I cannot get through unless I learn something, I'll learn it on the fly but that's due to necessity. Hell, I got a business off the ground that way.
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 03-20-2019 at 12:58 AM.

TIM
    FLVE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’d like to take some more medical courses while I can, I think that would be cool.
    The great Zen master Zhuang Zhou dreamt that he was a butterfly. When he awoke, he asked himself, "Am I a man who just dreamt about being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly who now dreams about being a man?"

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Math, Foreign Language(s), Architectural design, Economics. Maybe a computer language. Learning how to massage would be fantastic too.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Arabic, more Qur'an, and more hadith.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to learn the map of connections for all in this world, the purpose of existence, the purpose of my existence, whether I have lived a life before, whether I will live a life again, have I interacted with the people who occurred in this life in another life, whether my sister is my full sister (please sister take a DNA test...so many half siblings,), is my experiencing the resting place of dead people for real, why was I born with an above average faulty body, will some people really burn in hell fires when they pass, why my hands are so manly looking.

I would appreciate complete knowledge of Socionics and be sure I am typed correctly or if I’m ENTp or another type :-)
    I would like to type all at a glance and be able to easily verbalise why.

I would maybe but maybe not like to learn to drive...actually nah.

How to earn much money at a super fast rate without fail and have no debt.

Much more will be sure to come to mind but that will do for now...

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve had a dream of learning how to become completely self sufficient for a while. Homesteading stuff. I’d like to learn how to knit, wouldn’t mind taking cooking classes and learning how to use spices/grow herbs/garden/canning. Besides that, I just learn whatever captures my interests and like reading books, or online, about what does. So it could be whatever. I think life in itself is a learning process, so I am learning something new everyday anyway. Mostly I notice people. I like learning about people and why they do the things they do.

I’d also like to learn how to drive a manual/ stick shift vehicle, but I’m terrified of them lol

Can’t think of anything I wouldn’t want to learn, just some things I’m more interested in than others.
    Last edited by Aster; 03-20-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I’ve had a dream of learning how to become completely self sufficient for a while. Homesteading stuff. I’d like to learn how to knit, wouldn’t mind taking cooking classes and learning how to use spices/grow herbs/garden/canning. Besides that, I just learn whatever captures my interests and like reading books, or online, about what does. So it could be whatever. I think life in itself is a learning process, so I am learning something new everyday anyway. Mostly I notice people. I like learning about people and why they do the things they do.

I’d also like to learn how to drive a manual/ stick shift vehicle, but I’m terrified of them lol

Can’t think of anything I wouldn’t want to learn, just some things I’m more interested in than others.
    I've been wanting to learn more self-sufficiently as well so I have a plan b to working bullshit jobs. The socio-economic situation isn't looking too stable.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How to make people immortal, how to create tools to genetically modify macrofeatures of humans, what the nature of intelligence and consciousness are

As far as things other people know I don't, mostly advanced math stuff, narrative history, and what wise old dead people once said and why.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I would like to learn why we are on this godforsaken planet.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some more..

- to learn how to fish
    - coastal navigation
    - to interpret Tarot cards better
    - to make delicious, simple food
    - and as before: world history

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    I would like to learn why we are on this godforsaken planet.
    along with what actually happens with life after death, yes
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chinese or Japanese. Becauae language shapes the way we think and I want to know what it's like to be able to read those symbols almost like a native.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Chinese or Japanese. Becauae language shapes the way we think and I want to know what it's like to be able to read those symbols almost like a native.
    I think you'd be good at it and should pursue it. Just a feeling.

Actually I have wondered if you were Chinese even though that's a bit weird... just a vibe I get.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to learn and study ancient scripts, Sumerian cuneiform especially. I am interested in a sort of evolutionary (becoming) view of the emergent properties of civilization, and want to bury myself deeper in philological studies.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to be a master cook is the next thing on the list. Once I have real money I can do it. I don't know where to begin really, that will be the biggest problem. Probably I'm gona find historically the greatest cookbooks or maybe the greatest chefs throughout history and read what they had to say than practice for a while. Gota get an actual house first... though. ANd high quality pots and sharp knives, etc.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scholarlyhost View Post
    How to be a master cook is the next thing on the list. Once I have real money I can do it. I don't know where to begin really, that will be the biggest problem. Probably I'm gona find historically the greatest cookbooks or maybe the greatest chefs throughout history and read what they had to say than practice for a while. Gota get an actual house first... though. ANd high quality pots and sharp knives, etc.
    You want to get a house first?

This interests me, but have you thought about starting small, with just simple, everyday food? With proper knowledge even simple food can be made delicious. That's what I feel is wrong: There is no excuse not to eat gourmet food every day. You don't need money for it. I started this weekend with a) red beet soup, super cheap and very tasty. b) shrimps+ home made aeoli+ dill+ rye bread. mmm.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    You want to get a house first?

This interests me, but have you thought about starting small, with just simple, everyday food? With proper knowledge even simple food can be made delicious. That's what I feel is wrong: There is no excuse not to eat gourmet food every day. You don't need money for it. I started this weekend with a) red beet soup, super cheap and very tasty. b) shrimps+ home made aeoli+ dill+ rye bread. mmm.
    Well I'm gona graduate soon and upon graduation I'll be making a ton of money immediately. So at that point I'll have both a house with a decent kitchen and also the money to afford all the supplies I need... including the ingredients. To cook the kind of food I'm interested in learning to cook. And I'll have the time also.
    But I have been starting small, I tried cooking spaghetti the other day. Once I have some more money I'm gona try to improve the recipe. It turned out alright... cooking the noodles was a learning experience.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how to escape this mortal vessel of suffering

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theology (patristics), iconography, cognitive psychology, genetics, Latin, genealogy, political science of religion, nuclear physics (phenomenology) and metaphysics. looking to upgrade from intermediate to advanced. so much to learn so little time.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm not sure yet. I'd rather beat everybody in the head with what I already know then learn something new it feels like. lol. I guess this isn't 'healthy' or 'right' but its hard to snap out of it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Architecture, actually, although I don't know if I will have a chance to.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting out of myself, stop thinking & start living

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Learn French and Russian. Both are very beautiful and melodic languages (russian more so, it's such a sing-song language), and being able to reach through the language barrier to other people is always a lovely thing.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to sail the seven seas with my boat~

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want to join on @ooo 's ark too. I can be the sloth.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by atlascog View Post
    Getting out of myself, stop thinking & start living
    Some possible advice:

- join some kind of community
    - make yourself useful for others
    - work
    - make a commitment to something
    - be open to decay and becoming more ordinary

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want to learn

1. The foundational laws of the Universe
    2. How to predict the future, and
    3. How to lose ten pounds effortlessly.

Oh, and while I'm going through my function stack, I'll add
    4. How to be a better person.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I want to learn

3. How to lose ten pounds effortlessly.
    Paleo diet

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to learn to say no and don't feel scared about it... ç__ç

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    to learn to say yes and don't feel scared about it... ç__ç