2 Thread(s)

Wow. This is a diamond in the rough. ILI-Ni 5w4 sx/sp

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

You remind me of a former forum member, Scapegrace. I think she self typed ILI but I am not sure. I think ILI is good but you can also check SLI. You can find a lot of descriptions of both in articles section. You don't seem new to this though...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Watched for ten seconds with the sound off. Gamma something, will revisit.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Floozy — ILI. That’s my overall impression based on answers, mannerisms, looks; specifically you do this thing that I’ve only seen ILI’s do. You kind of blow air out the sides of your mouth (reverse sigh?) while smiling or else smiling immediately after. It’s very hard to describe but it’s kind of a scoffing, stifled laugh. I can go back later if you’re curious and pinpoint the time stamps for the two times you do it. I know it seems like an odd thing to draw attention to, especially since I would say your expressions are pretty generally more deadpan, but I dated an ILI (DCNH subtype D) for a year and although he had a bit higher energy due to his subtype, he also did that unique physical behavior.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb IEI

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    mb IEI
    As soon as I saw her video. I knew you would say that based on some of the people you typed IEI before. I think I am catching on to the visual traits you look for.

I am saying this because I also thought IEI for a moment, until I listened to the whole video.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I knew you would say that based on some of the people you typed IEI before. I think I am catching on to the visual traits you look for.
    Nah. You just have guessed.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Nah. You just have guessed.
    "Knew", "guessed", whatever. I am seeing something. I will figure it out. lol

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    "Knew", "guessed", whatever. I am seeing something. I will figure it out. lol
    VI is intuitive. There is no clear border between guessing by nonverbal and by other ways. You just get impressions and thoughts to what types those impressions fit more. For example, a part of your impressions will be from audio data. They can be from anything, including your Ni guessing where I'll type someone - so it's not just a joking.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Sol, where is the Fe??????

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    where is the Fe?
    to distinguish types nonverbal needs some skills
    though I suspect IEI, but not sure still

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to distinguish types nonverbal needs some skills
    though I suspect IEI, but not sure still
    Where is Fe in nonverbal or verbal?

I have been attempting to type in socionics since early 2000’s, and by now I will say I am not too bad at it. It is also easier to type within one’s own Quadra, as I am sure you’re aware.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Funny to watch Floozy's formidable NiTe demolish the questions. ILIs have Fi-mobilizing so typically show antagonism towards Fi-centric questionnaires attacking the intelligence or assumptions behind the questions and/or expressing reservation in their answers. Floozy's video is right on point and a good example of the self-sufficient gestalt.

Click here for my fuller description on the type five character type.

I'd point out that the following distinction also applies to other people's emotions, as well...

"Fours are more comfortable with their own emotions than fives."
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 03-20-2019 at 05:06 PM.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's me. I just felt like being a dickhead and seeing what's in vogue in socionics land lately. Surprisingly consistent, actually. Nobody has ever been able to rationalize IEI beyond "gut feeling" (read: implicit bias, because I have a pussy).
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

IEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    @Sol, where is the Fe??????
    No strong Fi no strong relationships other than to herself and her husband. Limited friends doesn’t really go out of her way to form strong bonds and cofeeling as @Sol calls it.

I am dedicated to my small group of friends
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    IEI
    lol. You're just saying that because now you know it's me. That's rather embarrassing. You thought it might be, but you waited to see for sure. lololol
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fe- argument gets out of control. I’m not upset but they are upset but because they are upset the whole argument gets out of control
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    lol. You're just saying that because now you know it's me. That's rather embarrassing. You thought it might be, but you waited to see for sure. lololol
    I’ve always typed you IEI
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No strong Fi no strong relationships other than to herself and her husband. Limited friends doesn’t really go out of her way to form strong bonds and cofeeling as @Sol calls it.

I am dedicating to my small group of friends
    I don't maintain a group of friends because I'm not the slightest bit social, and the socializing I do for work completely exhausts me. I have no social bandwidth to maintain friendships at the moment.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve always typed you IEI

Your reading comprehension is dire. I actually forgot about how horrific it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fe-I feed what they are feeding back to them. I can’t feel what they feel (Fi devalued no empathy)
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Your reading comprehension is dire. I actually forgot about how horrific it is.
    You have not changed one bit still critical and so sad to see.
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have not changed one bit still critical and so sad to see.
    I've tried to tamper my violent reaction to abject stupidity, but sadly it's not in my nature.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've tried to tamper my violent reaction to abject stupidity, but sadly it's not in my nature.
    If you are so intelligent then why can’t you type yourself?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She pulls on people’s feelings for fun and yanks on people’s chains for reactions. She likes to identify or make up people’s weaknesses so that she can use them as weapons of attack, knock them down in the chain of hierarchy, therefore Beta NF. She has no concern for people’s real feelings and this is strength??? Psht
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You know yourself best, but this sounds to me more like an ILI talking than an IEI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You know yourself best, but this sounds to me more like an ILI talking than an IEI.
    My mother is ILI and she’s not like this. My mother believes in getting along
    -

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Two of my oldest and best friends are ILI, and while they can be perfectly friendly, they have told me many times that people whom they think are stupid are stupid (and this includes most of the human race). They don't particularly go out of their way to hide this opinion from those people, either. Low Fe, perhaps.

On the other hand, IEI's may think you are stupid, but they will rarely tell you that directly (higher Fe). Instead, the most you will get is a kind of an oblique comment that calls you out. Basically to put up or shut up.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Two of my oldest and best friends are ILI, and while they can be perfectly friendly, they have told me many times that people whom they think are stupid are stupid (and this includes most of the human race). They don't particularly go out of their way to hide this opinion from those people, either. Low Fe, perhaps.

On the other hand, IEI's may think you are stupid, but they will rarely tell you that directly. Instead, the most you get a kind of an oblique comment that calls you out.
    Which is exactly what she does here. She calls people out
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which is exactly what she does here. She calls people out
    Evidently you don't know what "oblique" means.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Evidently you don't know what "oblique" means.
    I have an honest question. Why do you feel like you have to display your intellectual prowess?

People love you not for your intelligence but for you and you’re good enough. I don’t need to know what words you use and how big your dictionary is. They just need you to be present and hug them. If you truly cared you would say “I use this word like this”
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an honest question. Why do you feel like you have to display your intellectual prowess?

People love you not for your intelligence but for you and you’re good enough. I don’t need to know what words you use and how big your dictionary is. They just need you to be present and hug them.
    Okay, Dr. Phil. Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm merely pointing out that I didn't make an "oblique comment" in an effort to call you out. I was pretty direct.

Also: a lot of people really dislike hugging. I hope you don't just run around hugging people and invading their personal space.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Okay, Dr. Phil. Thanks for the encouragement.

I'm merely pointing out that I didn't make an "oblique comment" in an effort to call you out. I was pretty direct.
    We finally understand each other
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We finally understand each other

I'm pretty sure we don't.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother is ILI and she’s not like this. My mother believes in getting along
    This is assuming you typed your mother correctly. Sorry but I really don’t think your (or Sol’s) typings are credible at this point. :/

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

P U S S Y B I A S

But seriously, the comment that you "mirror the emotions of those around you" sounded like Fe in the MBTI sense. INFJs are known to be "chamelions" who mimic their emotional environment. I don't know if it correlates in socionics since I only thoroughly know about ILI and LII at this point lol, and I'm not even certain about that. Regardless, you're probs not Fe creative.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    P U S S Y B I A S

But seriously, the comment that you "mirror the emotions of those around you" sounded like Fe in the MBTI sense. INFJs are known to be "chamelions" who mimic their emotional environment. I don't know if it correlates in socionics since I only thoroughly know about ILI and LII at this point lol, and I'm not even certain about that. Regardless, you're probs not Fe creative.
    I only do this when people get angry. I think it’s an artifact of my abusive and isolated early childhood. My mother was mentally ill, and she didn’t get angry in the normal way. She went from 0 to 100. So I never really learned how anger escalates, and I can’t spot it in others.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still as feisty as always. Always liked your humor. Welcome back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast