Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: IEI and EII

  1. #1
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default IEI and EII

    I have a few INFP friends and this is what one said to me “I can stay with a single thought what may seem like for a long time whereas you move on more quickly.”
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  2. #2
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    This observation points to a fundamental difference between two temperaments. Ijs generally treat most information as transient, disposable and or alterable whereas certain information (thoughts) can weave into the very fabric of Ips; Ijs process in a detached (third person) fashion whereas Ips are fully engaged in a sort of take-things-personally processing system. Ip-processing is information based while Ij is process based; note that both information and processes are held in memory and process is a type of information albeit a small subset. Ijs should be able "move on" more easily or ,at the least, compartmentalize so that moving on is a little easier but they can be far more habitual and predictable than Ips. However, XIIs do tend to dwell on the past even though they've moved on......

    a.k.a. I/O

  3. #3
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I have a few INFP friends and this is what one said to me “I can stay with a single thought what may seem like for a long time whereas you move on more quickly.”
    The thought thing could be true but from what some ExI have told me, and also shown me, is that they can stay with a single feeling way longer. By that I mean there is not a lot of cycling through the emotions but more steady focus on one for a longer period of time.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  4. #4
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The thought thing could be true but from what some ExI have told me, and also shown me, is that they can stay with a single feeling way longer. By that I mean there is not a lot of cycling through the emotions but more steady focus on one for a longer period of time.
    EXIs seem to often have this driving desire to see things differently rather than accept reality; they sometimes spend inordinate amounts of time trying to find the rationalization routes to lead them to better places. I find this particularly evident when the EXIs think that they have done something wrong and try to find the rationale to make themselves look better in their own eyes. Having things stay with you is a relative concept but Ijs do have better processing tools to move on - if they choose to so use them......

    a.k.a. I/O

  5. #5
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,804
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    EXIs seem to often have this driving desire to see things differently rather than accept reality; they sometimes spend inordinate amounts of time trying to find the rationalization routes to lead them to better places. I find this particularly evident when the EXIs think that they have done something wrong and try to find the rationale make themselves look better in their own eyes. Having things stay with you is a relative concept but Ijs do have better processing tools to move on - if they choose to so use them......

    a.k.a. I/O
    Yes, if they choose to.

    “My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

     



  6. #6
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,318
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    EXIs seem to often have this driving desire to see things differently rather than accept reality; they sometimes spend inordinate amounts of time trying to find the rationalization routes to lead them to better places.

    I find this particularly evident when the EXIs think that they have done something wrong and try to find the rationale to make themselves look better in their own eyes. Having things stay with you is a relative concept but Ijs do have better processing tools to move on - if they choose to so use them......

    a.k.a. I/O
    This is incredibly advantageous for their duals.

  7. #7
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I have a few INFP friends and this is what one said to me “I can stay with a single thought what may seem like for a long time whereas you move on more quickly.”
    The moving on is the creative Ne. Dominant Ni leads to a lot of mental masturbation and dissecting.
    ~* astralsilky

    4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    254
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    This is incredibly advantageous for their duals.
    Why?

  9. #9
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Yes, if they choose to.
    Yes, for Eps and Ijs (who both think in a sort of detached fashion), it seems more of a cognitive choice whereas for Ejs and Ips (the more likely to become obsessive), there seems to be more of an investment or involvement within their frames of reference, so letting go can take a little more effort. However, many people of every type fake involvement (even to themselves) and in these cases, walking away doesn't require much effort and can even be a relief........

    a.k.a. I/O

  10. #10
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    5,318
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Why?
    Why is it good for ExI's duals when the ExI's see things differently rather than accepting reality, and why is it good for them when their ExI duals find rationalization routes which lead them to better places?

    Because long term relationships prosper if you view your partner through rose-colored glasses, and a tendency to rationalize yourself into the best place can reduce dissatisfaction.

    My only complain it that it seems my duals do this with non-duals too, and spend years locked up in non-optimal relationships rather than setting them aside in favor of a leap into the unknown (and possible duality).

    ("Leap into the unknown." Lol. Not gonna happen, is it, duals?)

    It seems they only move on when things become completely intolerable.

  11. #11
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    24,594
    Mentioned
    592 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Why is it good for ExI's duals when the ExI's see things differently rather than accepting reality, and why is it good for them when their ExI duals find rationalization routes which lead them to better places?

    Because long term relationships prosper if you view your partner through rose-colored glasses, and a tendency to rationalize yourself into the best place can reduce dissatisfaction.

    My only complain it that it seems my duals do this with non-duals too, and spend years locked up in non-optimal relationships rather than setting them aside in favor of a leap into the unknown (and possible duality).

    ("Leap into the unknown." Lol. Not gonna happen, is it, duals?)

    It seems they only move on when things become completely intolerable.
    You’re speaking about Fi ethics of relationships. How to tolerate ups and downs as a part of the commitment
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  12. #12
    What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,936
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    The moving on is the creative Ne.
    I would say it's Demonstrative Ni. Knowing when to shift gears etc.

  13. #13
    IQ over 150 vesstheastralsilky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Posts
    1,486
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    I would say it's Demonstrative Ni. Knowing when to shift gears etc.
    I disagree. True Ni is like beginning to work out many details in effort to reason on a topic from various sides - but one topic.
    ~* astralsilky

    4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

    Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

    Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

  14. #14
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    ILI sp5
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Yes, for Eps and Ijs (who both think in a sort of detached fashion), it seems more of a cognitive choice whereas for Ejs and Ips (the more likely to become obsessive), there seems to be more of an investment or involvement within their frames of reference, so letting go can take a little more effort. However, many people of every type fake involvement (even to themselves) and in these cases, walking away doesn't require much effort and can even be a relief........

    a.k.a. I/O
    Could vortical synergetic cognition be related to "letting go"? This quote could indicate that: "For restoration of normal mental life they need specific, and sometimes long periods of trial and error. Depriving their life of continuous forward movement exerts a bad effect upon their mind. Operating principle: As ambient momentum of circumstance declines, their self-determination atrophies. Lack of oncoming circumstantial pressures renders them increasingly worse off."

    They need to keep moving forward in order to survive. They hate pessimism or ruminating over errors and so they're naturally persistent and adaptable, trying something new immediately after their past project has failed.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  15. #15
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    Could vortical synergetic cognition be related to "letting go"? This quote could indicate that: "For restoration of normal mental life they need specific, and sometimes long periods of trial and error. Depriving their life of continuous forward movement exerts a bad effect upon their mind. Operating principle: As ambient momentum of circumstance declines, their self-determination atrophies. Lack of oncoming circumstantial pressures renders them increasingly worse off."

    They need to keep moving forward in order to survive. They hate pessimism or ruminating over errors and so they're naturally persistent and adaptable, trying something new immediately after their past project has failed.
    Ips seem to need some sort of closure on most every issue; how they achieve that is probably as diverse as personalities. None of them seem to like dealing with open-ended scenarios although they hate being constrained or cut short themselves. They do seem to engage in trial and error (perhaps not as freely as Eps) but the highlighted statement is too esoteric and non-quantifiable for my blood.

    a.k.a. I/O

  16. #16
    FarDraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    TIM
    ILI sp5
    Posts
    390
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Ips seem to need some sort of closure on most every issue; how they achieve that is probably as diverse as personalities. None of them seem to like dealing with open-ended scenarios although they hate being constrained or cut short themselves. They do seem to engage in trial and error (perhaps not as freely as Eps) but the highlighted statement is too esoteric and non-quantifiable for my blood.

    a.k.a. I/O
    I know you have your own system, but I haven't read anything that suggests ILIs want closure on almost every issue. If anything, the Ti need for categorization seems like it would value closure more whereas Ni bases can even use the delaying of decision-making as a tactic. Moreover, if ILIs did want closure on every issue, then wouldn't that contradict an earlier statement that you made, which is that ILIs don't really plan but rather maneuver? If they cared about closure then why wouldn't they plan? I guess that could fall under the diversity of types, like you put it, but I think closure and planning are closely related.
    ----- FarDraft, 2019

  17. #17
    Rebelondeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarDraft View Post
    I know you have your own system, but I haven't read anything that suggests ILIs want closure on almost every issue. If anything, the Ti need for categorization seems like it would value closure more whereas Ni bases can even use the delaying of decision-making as a tactic. Moreover, if ILIs did want closure on every issue, then wouldn't that contradict an earlier statement that you made, which is that ILIs don't really plan but rather maneuver? If they cared about closure then why wouldn't they plan? I guess that could fall under the diversity of types, like you put it, but I think closure and planning are closely related.
    Think of Ip maneuvering as a set of real-time threat assessments; Ips seems to want to negate them immediately whereas Ijs tend to make a plan to negate them later. Ijs seem to be able to accept to a greater extent a lack of immediate resolution. All types like closure on key issues but Ips (and Ejs to a lesser extent) seem to be rather serial - resolve this issue before moving on to the next. Ijs can get a rather large build-up before acting, and Eps seem to thrive on chaos although they do appreciate coming home to homey atmospheres. Ips tend to be defensive, which places a little more emphasis on immediate resolution......

    a.k.a. I/O

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •