Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Worst TV Shows

Don't pretend you don't have to encounter terrible TV shows in your everyday lives, or at least once had to if you don't anymore. Believe it or not, the world isn't primarily inhabited by parentless Chads and Stacies.

The Middle: When I try to google The Middle the first result is "the middle worst show ever." Putting in the phrase doesn't actually get me any results though disappointingly. I wanted to hear some creative ranting about a show so bad it's still just bad.

The Goldbergs: I did find an article about this show, and it's still pretty bad too even if it isn't anywhere near as bad as The Middle. Being Jewish doesn't excuse a cringey family sitcom, guys.

Stranger Things: Maybe this is just me somehow expecting the show to be some sort of superhuman horror type thing since I finished The Magicians and wanted something else like that, but I thought Stranger Things was awful. It probably doesn't deserve to be on the same list as daytime sitcoms but then even the graphics and acting just look and feel awful to me personally anyways, like it's not even trying to pretend to be about what it's pretending to be about (what a phrase.)

...Their "grand" monster is just some sort of tiny alien thing with teeth and long fingers that can hide in an alternate universe that follows more or less the exact same laws as this one but is dark and has other strange animals. OK? When your grand villain looks like a really pathetic and underwhelming version of a henchman from a children's movie by LEGO(!) you're in deep doodoo. I guess that's what you get when you combine "anything vaguely supernatural is scary and interesting!" with "80s nostalgia in any form is awesome!"

American Dad: I already think Family Guy is dumb enough, though I get its appeal and don't think it's hurting anything. I don't get the appeal of making a clone that looks like Family Guy so people can pretend to watch Family Guy when they run out of Family Guy. Does it really make a difference if you make him look like Clark Kent without glasses and carry around a flag so you can call him "American" Dad?

Anyone want to add any more awful shows or dogpile onto complaining about these?

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to add The Big Bang Theory (season 8 onwards). I liked seasons 1-7 then it got shit.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tenkuu Danzai Skelter + Heaven. I wouldn't say it's terrible, though, since it forced me to laugh to prevent deferring to suicide.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

South Park. A friend showed me the parents-in-the-chili scene and I didn't laugh at all, I just raised my eyebrow and questioned their mental faculties.

Kidding; But seriously, it's hard for me to find something using "tryhard-shock-effect-humour" funny. I'm on the fence about Simpsons because they used to have some pretty good episodes and I surely prefer that over Family Guy. I've never been an avid watcher of either show, though.

I also find it hard to enjoy shocks going for a gory and grimdark aesthetic "just because!". As such, I don't see myself watching Vikings or Game of Thrones anytime soon. But I wouldn't consider these shows "The worst", not even in my books. Who knows, I might just enjoy them buuuut I don't really have the drive to at the moment.

Plus, I might be a bit pretentious as nothing comes close to the psycho-sexual thriller that is Showtime's Penny Dreadful
    Last edited by Chthonic Daydream; 03-02-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector