Thread: INFP and medication

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default INFP and medication

As an INFP you can be bad with taking medications; can you relate?

Can you explain why?

It’s probably not related to Te(?)

As an INFJ I’m very good about taking medication like if I am told to take a medicine one before medicine two and so forth I am very good at remembering and dispensing medication to others as well
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am both beta NFs I refuse medication and haven't taken any for maybe 7+ years now. i refuse drugs as well. i believe medication damages your brain and body and potentially in ways that are permanent. any kind of damage shortens your life span and decreases your health in the long run even if it's just a wound, but this is way worse than wounds.
    I believe whatever issue you have it should be somehow solvable without medication.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your phone, watch, google home etc. all kinds of devices can help remind you when to take meds

iphone automatically converts the reminders acc to time zone when you travel - i have checked haha. Very useful.
    Last edited by necrosebud; 04-17-2023 at 04:30 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    i am both beta NFs I refuse medication and haven't taken any for maybe 7+ years now. i refuse drugs as well. i believe medication damages your brain and body and potentially in ways that are permanent. any kind of damage shortens your life span and decreases your health in the long run even if it's just a wound, but this is way worse than wounds.
    I believe whatever issue you have it should be somehow solvable without medication.
    This is the same feedback I get from many IEI
    Is it the feeling like your body is pure and somehow you are defiling it?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    This is the same feedback I get from many IEI
    Is it the feeling like your body is pure and somehow you are defiling it?
    "pure" "natural" even "alive" i dont know how to put it in words, but it works a certain way, there's proper ways to handle it and poison simply doesn't belong in it, it damages it, and the damage has consequences everywhere it rots your entire world. however i do know many IEIs tend to experiment with and use/abuse drugs and medications. i suspect if i tried some of them depending on how i am in the moment i may get hooked and end myself with them or damage myself irrepairably.
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    "pure" "natural" even "alive" i dont know how to put it in words, but it works a certain way, there's proper ways to handle it and poison simply doesn't belong in it, it damages it, and the damage has consequences everywhere it rots your entire world. however i do know many IEIs tend to experiment with and use/abuse drugs and medications. i suspect if i tried some of them depending on how i am in the moment i may get hooked and end myself with them or damage myself irrepairably.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/uqZQATq4gu8?feature=share
    -

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, I never had this issue. ((then again I might secretly be a EII but socionics is stupid)) If I need to take a medication I will take it however a lot of medications *are* unnecessary and aren't treating the underyling cause like that 600 pound woman in her 20s that was on medications that usually only people in their 80s take. I think she died btw. It's better to treat the underlying cause of the disease than rely on medication but no, I'm not going to drink the Woo Kool-Aid and refuse to take an antibioitic if I in fact, need an antibiotic for something. ((or whatever)) I was on medication for my GERD for awhile but I stopped taking it because I controlled it better via portion control and eating better foods.

That also reminds me of this bad doctor that was being a Karen and refused to give my sister an antibioitic when she had Pneumonia really bad because she read some preppy article about how antibiotics are over-prescribed. Even if Te told her that was true, who cares, she still clearly needed an antibioitic as an INDIVIDUAL patient. Resistance wouldn't be a problem for her anyway as she was still very young and that really only happens if you take a course more than once every six months or so. Thankfully she was able to get one from a dr. that wasn't a Karen. A lot of drs are bad and are just interested in some dumb preppy personality contest instead of actually helping people. It's okay to be 'judgemental' against people like that. =D

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warm Soapy Water View Post
    No, I never had this issue. ((then again I might secretly be a EII but socionics is stupid)) If I need to take a medication I will take it however a lot of medications *are* unnecessary and aren't treating the underyling cause like that 600 pound woman in her 20s that was on medications that usually only people in their 80s take. I think she died btw. It's better to treat the underlying cause of the disease than rely on medication but no, I'm not going to drink the Woo Kool-Aid and refuse to take an antibioitic if I in fact, need an antibiotic for something. ((or whatever)) I was on medication for my GERD for awhile but I stopped taking it because I controlled it better via portion control and eating better foods.

That also reminds me of this bad doctor that was being a Karen and refused to give my sister an antibioitic when she had Pneumonia really bad because she read some preppy article about how antibiotics are over-prescribed. Even if Te told her that was true, who cares, she still clearly needed an antibioitic as an INDIVIDUAL patient. Resistance wouldn't be a problem for her anyway as she was still very young and that really only happens if you take a course more than once every six months or so. Thankfully she was able to get one from a dr. that wasn't a Karen. A lot of drs are bad and are just interested in some dumb preppy personality contest instead of actually helping people. It's okay to be 'judgemental' against people like that. =D

Oh no, treating different situations differently, the horror! We should all either take every single prescription and over-the counter medication we've seen an ad for on TV or in the papers at once in one big gulp every day for life until we die, or we should solely self-medicate with whatever Gwenneth Paltrow is selling in Goop that day because doctors solely exist to oppress us, there's no middle ground here!

This reminds me of the topic of "anti-vaxxers." People who aren't giving their 5-year-old COVID mRNA vaccines are not "anti-vaxxers," but anti-vaxxing is still a problem. One interesting thing about vaccines is a lot of them actually do contain mercury, but the mercury isn't supposed to go into your bloodstream in an unbound form. However, if it does, that seems like it could cause problems. Yet, instead of going like "Oh, I gave my child this vaccine or took this vaccine myself and had problems," people go like "All vaccines must be evil and defiling your pure blood! If my child dies of measles I will just make another one as Nature intended!" or they go like "You must have had some rare genetic disease all along, because there has literally never been an individual defective vaccine in the history of mankind!" plus the whole thing about maybe not everyone needing all vaccines all the time and some of them should probably be reserved more for vulnerable groups just like we don't force people who we know to have sensitivities to some vaccine ingredients to take those particular ones. No, all people are exactly the same and all vaccines are exactly the same, you're either pro-vaccine and accept the science that Bill Nye the Real Scientist tells you without being so unscientific as to ask questions about it, or you're an anti-vaccine lunatic who only takes stuff that you saw on Alex Jones or Oprah, you can't judge individual vaccines for individual people separately, that's just not a thing because all vaccines are literally identical despite having different names, manufacturers, methods of production, and methods of effect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. I have bought a pill organizer and that hasn't helped me. Forgetting things is in my nature. If I am holding an object in my hands It will disapear from me. I would have placed it somewhere and forgot it. A thoughtful birthday gift would be for me a tracking device for my keys.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy beepy View Post
    A thoughtful birthday gift would be for me a tracking device for my keys.
    as a gift: place important thing to a same place. always and immidietely