Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Emotional Envy

I'd like to propose an idea that I think will help a lot of people on this forum or that you all know: emotional envy.

I don't mean thinking of envy as an emotion. I mean envy of emotions. Modern Western society at least is strongly against people feeling emotions, although paradoxically everyone's primary goal in life is to feel the best emotions that they can. So, if you feel good for some really simple reason, like you think it's a beautiful day or you just read a good book, under the right circumstances some people will do anything they can to try to make you as miserable as possible, including crushing your bones or eating the family pet. If you encounter such an envious person and they don't have a gun against your head or maybe they do, just tell a joke or sing or something along those lines to show you're still happy. To get somewhat technical, you have to break out of the intentionality of emotion for a moment and not just try to solve the problems presented in the situation. Only after that should you solve the problems presented by the situation because you can't really be happy for no reason even if you can temporarily be happy about something else in the very short term when you recognize a general need to be happy during the conflict.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Modern Western society at least is strongly against people feeling emotions"

Huh? How do you figure?