Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 162

Thread: The Rise of Trumpism

  1. #1
    coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    656
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The Rise of Trumpism

    Trump has been in office quite a while, but still, I think I know the explanation for the rise of Trumpism: the dumbing down of American universities. Since everyone and their dog now gets a university degree "to survive in the economy," universities have nothing to do with the development of intellect any more. So now there are very few smart people, and evil smart people like Trump (let's just call a spade a spade, OK?) lead around all the stupid people into doing their biddings. Evil thriving when everyone becomes stupid seems like a good explanation for Nazi Germany too, but doesn't mean we have to compare Trump's government to Hitler to validate criticism of it. Isn't the fact that he pretty much looks and acts like a Disney villain enough to really, seriously criticize him on?
    “Don't think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.” ― Voltaire

  2. #2
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,678
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Trumpism is just a natural reaction or rebellion from the masses to globalism, neo-marxism and post modernism.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  3. #3
    Bento's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please take a history lesson. One can't explain complex phenomena by insisting that people are/were stupid. Things aren't that easy.

  4. #4
    Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    /t16t/
    Posts
    1,174
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Universities came from the clergy, not proper science. Nothing there outside of stem had any merit to begin with. It's always been secular priests in wizard-hats of authority jerking each other off with concepts that have fuck-all application to reality or even meaningful epistemology to begin with, and so nothing of value is ever produced, and hardly anything produced at all but thirty-page-long paragraph-ciphers about postmodernism.


    If tax dollars are gonna be sucked off everyone's backs to pay for basic schools, it's a bare minimum that graduation from them makes you employable at least on the minimum wage, which means skills for these jobs need to be constantly taught and updated. No country should have to tolerate the emloyability bar rising this quickly when so much of the population needs jobs now more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Shut the fuck up, dumbass.


  5. #5
    DRANG NACH BETA NF Oppai Anschluss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In the place
    TIM
    Beta ST 683 sx/so
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    "People with X political opinions are just dumb."

    Top-tier analysis.
    Beta ST 6w5 8w9 3w4 sx/so

    Every problem on earth can be solved by the liberal application of ordnance

    "Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life."


  6. #6
    user title The Perpetual Now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Christopher Langan is a Trump supporter. So even intelligent people are prone to making poor decisions.

  7. #7
    كما في الأعلى كذلك في الأسفل Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,219
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Trump has been in office quite a while, but still, I think I know the explanation for the rise of Trumpism: the dumbing down of American universities. Since everyone and their dog now gets a university degree "to survive in the economy," universities have nothing to do with the development of intellect any more. So now there are very few smart people, and evil smart people like Trump (let's just call a spade a spade, OK?) lead around all the stupid people into doing their biddings. Evil thriving when everyone becomes stupid seems like a good explanation for Nazi Germany too, but doesn't mean we have to compare Trump's government to Hitler to validate criticism of it. Isn't the fact that he pretty much looks and acts like a Disney villain enough to really, seriously criticize him on?
    uh, no

  8. #8
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ancapistan
    Posts
    2,377
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    If only Trump was literally Hitler.

  9. #9
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,249
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There is an overweight guy in North Korea who ranks higher on the Hitler scale than D. Trump.

  10. #10
    coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    656
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Trump was a horrible human being before he got into office and he's a horrible human being now that he's President. I'm saying that he's as bad as Hitler, not that capitalism is militarism. Militarism isn't pure evil and capitalism isn't pure evil (I'd say they aren't evil at all but that just begs a long discussion on what evil is.) Just because all people can imagine is pure evil is militarism doesn't mean your mind should fill in the blanks with good when an evil capitalist rules the most powerful nation in the world. Everybody always goes back to look at what Hitler said to see why he was evil, as if evil people didn't just lie all the time and flip-flop around. Now that Trump does that people excuse him as being just really Trumpy... good grief!

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    Christopher Langan is a Trump supporter. So even intelligent people are prone to making poor decisions.
    Trump's probably more intelligent, just saying. Comedians are really intelligent and they aren't smart enough to avoid making stupid jokes about him all the time and ruining their shows (probably because the networks are sitting there with $$$ like "Trump jokes sell!.") This is the difference between evil capitalism and evil militarism.
    “Don't think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.” ― Voltaire

  11. #11
    coeruleum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    656
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Universities came from the clergy, not proper science. Nothing there outside of stem had any merit to begin with. It's always been secular priests in wizard-hats of authority jerking each other off with concepts that have fuck-all application to reality or even meaningful epistemology to begin with, and so nothing of value is ever produced, and hardly anything produced at all but thirty-page-long paragraph-ciphers about postmodernism.


    If tax dollars are gonna be sucked off everyone's backs to pay for basic schools, it's a bare minimum that graduation from them makes you employable at least on the minimum wage, which means skills for these jobs need to be constantly taught and updated. No country should have to tolerate the emloyability bar rising this quickly when so much of the population needs jobs now more than anything.
    STEM in university is nonsense though. Universities are for professional training and that's all. Some STEM fields are professional training, but if you just want to be, say, a mathematician, you're probably better off teaching yourself since amateur mathematicians are fairly common, and if you're going into some dirty field like applied mathematics or experimental physics you should probably stay away from universities unless you need expensive equipment and that's the only way to get it since it's only sexy to be a theoretician nowadays. Also, poststructuralism is a pretty valid school of thought even though I have no idea how exactly you get from the epistemological work of Derrida and Foucault to "I choose my choice and you choose your choice" except through some sort of dishonesty. There's no such thing as postmodernity and I wish people would stop making up time periods just to get money. Historical periods do exist, they're just marked by obvious events and with postmodernism there are none except maybe "...And then we all became consumerist and happy. The end."
    “Don't think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.” ― Voltaire

  12. #12
    Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    /t16t/
    Posts
    1,174
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Comparing a self-made but possibly psychologically damaged veteran and a fat potty-trained sperg who was spoon-fed everything and crashed most of the ventures he started only to hold onto the wealth he inherited and make a name for himself on dumb confidence alone doesn't work.
    Neither does the academically correct definition of "evil," since there is political bias baked into it. I don't think evil is all that meaningful in a historical context unless the intent is to make enemies, real fast. The use of the term implies moral urgency, which is the key ingredient to manufacturing outrage.

    And if you want to see human nature shine, get the masses outraged. Because the abuses they are capable of in that state will make you cringe from the bottom of Cocytus for ever wasting the gravity of the word "evil" on any little leader from your textbook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Shut the fuck up, dumbass.


  13. #13
    f.k.a Oprah sbbds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    1,646
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    There is an overweight guy in North Korea who ranks higher on the Hitler scale than D. Trump.
    At first I thought you said the Richter scale

  14. #14
    Aramas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    United States
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    People vote for douchebags when times get hard.

  15. #15
    user title The Perpetual Now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Trump was a horrible human being before he got into office and he's a horrible human being now that he's President. I'm saying that he's as bad as Hitler, not that capitalism is militarism. Militarism isn't pure evil and capitalism isn't pure evil (I'd say they aren't evil at all but that just begs a long discussion on what evil is.) Just because all people can imagine is pure evil is militarism doesn't mean your mind should fill in the blanks with good when an evil capitalist rules the most powerful nation in the world. Everybody always goes back to look at what Hitler said to see why he was evil, as if evil people didn't just lie all the time and flip-flop around. Now that Trump does that people excuse him as being just really Trumpy... good grief!



    Trump's probably more intelligent, just saying. Comedians are really intelligent and they aren't smart enough to avoid making stupid jokes about him all the time and ruining their shows (probably because the networks are sitting there with $$$ like "Trump jokes sell!.") This is the difference between evil capitalism and evil militarism.
    Trump may be a lot more intelligent than people give him credit, but I doubt his IQ is nearly as high as Langan's.

    I think the best comedians tend to attack or question ideologies and bad ideas rather than specific individuals (think Carlin). That's the difference between great comedians and your average late night talk show varieties who thrive on ridiculing very specific people and very current topics. With the latter, their comedy is almost immediately dated and often seems less genuine and replete with "cheap shot" jokes.
    Last edited by The Perpetual Now; 02-14-2019 at 12:10 PM.

  16. #16
    Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    México
    TIM
    SLEazy 8w9
    Posts
    109
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    There's also evil stupid people like OP. But obviously that is not the case here, since you are the good guy right?

  17. #17
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ancapistan
    Posts
    2,377
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    as bad as Hitler
    no u

  18. #18
    DRANG NACH BETA NF Oppai Anschluss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In the place
    TIM
    Beta ST 683 sx/so
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    I'm saying that he's as bad as Hitler
    So are you saying Hitler wasn't that bad? Because if not, this has to be a close competitor for the dumbest thing you've said on this site. It might just edge out your whole line about "the rejection of good things in the world is basically anti-Semitic" in the shoutbox.
    Last edited by Oppai Anschluss; 02-14-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    Beta ST 6w5 8w9 3w4 sx/so

    Every problem on earth can be solved by the liberal application of ordnance

    "Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life."


  19. #19
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    367
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    What is Trumpism? What does this term mean?

  20. #20
    Pano Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A mystery
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Isn't the fact that he pretty much looks and acts like a Disney villain enough to really, seriously criticize him on?
    Short answer: No.
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"



    "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"




  21. #21
    Muddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Ancapistan
    Posts
    2,377
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    So are you saying Hitler wasn't that bad? Because if not, this has to be a close competitor for the dumbest thing you've said on this site. It might just edge out your whole line about "the rejection of good things in the world is basically anti-Semitic" in the shoutbox.
    OP is radiating the stench of a liberal bourgeois.

  22. #22
    DRANG NACH BETA NF Oppai Anschluss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In the place
    TIM
    Beta ST 683 sx/so
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    OP is radiating the stench of a liberal bourgeois.
    It smells like matzo and gefilte fish.
    Beta ST 6w5 8w9 3w4 sx/so

    Every problem on earth can be solved by the liberal application of ordnance

    "Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life."


  23. #23
    user title The Perpetual Now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Anti-semitic comments. Lovely.

  24. #24
    Pano Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A mystery
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    OP is radiating the stench of a liberal bourgeois.
    More like regurgitating it. Lack of original thought is the real crime here.

    I read this on a totally real news site. Trump's wall money is actually being used to fund secret concentration camps where he's going to gas 6 million <<insert minority group of your choice here>>. He's also going to do it himself, like he's going to do it all single handedly, just like Hitler who totally did not have the support of other Nazis. Oh either that, or all Trump supporters are also as bad as Hitler in which case you all should be dead by now.
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"



    "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"




  25. #25
    DRANG NACH BETA NF Oppai Anschluss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In the place
    TIM
    Beta ST 683 sx/so
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    More like regurgitating it. Lack of original thought is the real crime here.

    I read this on a totally real news site. Trump's wall money is actually being used to fund secret concentration camps where he's going to gas 6 million <<insert minority group of your choice here>>. He's also going to do it himself, like he's going to do it all single handedly, just like Hitler who totally did not have the support of other Nazis. Oh either that, or all Trump supporters are also as bad as Hitler in which case you all should be dead by now.

    Pano Lou with the woke-est and hottest of woke hot takes. Stop playing footsy with Chomsky and get on her level, coeruleum
    Beta ST 6w5 8w9 3w4 sx/so

    Every problem on earth can be solved by the liberal application of ordnance

    "Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life."


  26. #26
    Pano Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    A mystery
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    Pano Lou with the woke-est and hottest of woke hot takes. Stop playing footsy with Chomsky and get on her level, coeruleum
    I started writing a long post about how the conditions in Nazi Germany don't parallel those in the US but half way through, I realized I'm dumb for doing that.
    "My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind"



    "Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living; you said I killed you—haunt me, then!... Be with me always—take any form—drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!"




  27. #27
    DRANG NACH BETA NF Oppai Anschluss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In the place
    TIM
    Beta ST 683 sx/so
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    I started writing a long post about how the conditions in Nazi Germany don't parallel those in the US but half way through, I realized I'm dumb for doing that.
    ROFL and just for that you're in the 99th percentile for self-awareness at least.
    Beta ST 6w5 8w9 3w4 sx/so

    Every problem on earth can be solved by the liberal application of ordnance

    "Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life."


  28. #28
    the scary toxic white male in those articles purozin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    blumpfistan
    TIM
    epic gamer
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    More like regurgitating it. Lack of original thought is the real crime here.

    I read this on a totally real news site. Trump's wall money is actually being used to fund secret concentration camps where he's going to gas 6 million <<insert minority group of your choice here>>. He's also going to do it himself, like he's going to do it all single handedly, just like Hitler who totally did not have the support of other Nazis. Oh either that, or all Trump supporters are also as bad as Hitler in which case you all should be dead by now.
    VOTE FOR ME IN 2020 AND I WILL DEPORT ALL ALPHAS OUT OF AMERICA
    ILI-Ni2-H - 5w4 4w5 9w1 sx/sp - Unashamedly Anglo-American - EthNat - Agnostic - Zoomer

  29. #29
    Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    /t16t/
    Posts
    1,174
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    Anti-semitic comments. Lovely.
    Okeeday. I'll be sure to keep tabs on how anti-Caucasoid or anti-Bantu you are next time you make an offhand comment suggesting that whites or blacks exist in any capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Shut the fuck up, dumbass.


  30. #30
    كما في الأعلى كذلك في الأسفل Capitalist Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,219
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    @coeruleum hey it looks like you need a friend so I'm jsut gonna say that somewhere, deep down inside, you are probably a beautiful human being. i hope you can get some therapy or counseling that will help you guide yourself through all the trials and tribulations that life throws at you. nobody knows the cross you bear better than yourself, so please don't take this as condescending or me trying to troll. everyone deserves to be happy and feel self-fulfilled, and i'm sorry you can't find that here, but keep trying. i'm too lazy to google image search right now so just pretend this sentence is a jpg of that motivational poster with the little kitten clinging to a branch by a single paw with the caption "hang in there!"

  31. #31
    the scary toxic white male in those articles purozin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    blumpfistan
    TIM
    epic gamer
    Posts
    127
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Trump has been in office quite a while, but still, I think I know the explanation for the rise of Trumpism: the dumbing down of American universities. Since everyone and their dog now gets a university degree "to survive in the economy," universities have nothing to do with the development of intellect any more. So now there are very few smart people, and evil smart people like Trump (let's just call a spade a spade, OK?) lead around all the stupid people into doing their biddings. Evil thriving when everyone becomes stupid seems like a good explanation for Nazi Germany too, but doesn't mean we have to compare Trump's government to Hitler to validate criticism of it. Isn't the fact that he pretty much looks and acts like a Disney villain enough to really, seriously criticize him on?
    I don't know about the trends of what universities generally focus on, but it's certainly not true that there is a lower amount of interest in intellectual fields from average people (in first world countries, since most third world countries didn't have any interest to begin with). If you look up VSauce videos, historical breakdowns, philosophical audiobooks, etc. on YouTube a lot of this stuff amasses millions and millions of views. Average people now are a lot more aware of intellectual fields than they were 50 years ago and this is more dependent on accessibility to material rather than universities educating people. Being a "nerd" is normal now even for teenagers who have no clue what university they'll go to yet.
    Yes, it is true that average people are getting stupider in first world countries since lower IQ people (Mestizos, Arabs, Africans, etc.) have rapidly increasing numbers, but the vast majority vote for leftist candidates, so the dumbing down of society actually hurts right-leaning politicians. Yes, evil will thrive once the low IQ demographics expand their ghettos of violence and ginormous impulsivity to the point where Western civilization just gets chucked off a cliff. But this will not be seen in the form of authoritarianism, but rather of the anarchy you see in their ethnic homelands whose cultures they are still loyal towards.
    I think that your pop culture reference really dragged down the intellectual level of your writing at the end. It's funny how you complain about people not being intellectual enough when you compare Trump to...a Disney villain. It really sets you on the same level as those fat ugly people marching with Darth Vader and Voldemort signs. Trying to compare America now to Germany then with such a simple, ignorant generalization makes it even worse. If you complain about lack of intellectualism in the world and don't even try to be intellectual yourself, then it must not actually matter to you that much and I have a hunch that you are just writing this to reverberate some article you read online.
    VOTE FOR ME IN 2020 AND I WILL DEPORT ALL ALPHAS OUT OF AMERICA
    ILI-Ni2-H - 5w4 4w5 9w1 sx/sp - Unashamedly Anglo-American - EthNat - Agnostic - Zoomer

  32. #32
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,678
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    Trump has been in office quite a while, but still, I think I know the explanation for the rise of Trumpism: the dumbing down of American universities. Since everyone and their dog now gets a university degree "to survive in the economy," universities have nothing to do with the development of intellect any more. So now there are very few smart people, and evil smart people like Trump (let's just call a spade a spade, OK?) lead around all the stupid people into doing their biddings. Evil thriving when everyone becomes stupid seems like a good explanation for Nazi Germany too, but doesn't mean we have to compare Trump's government to Hitler to validate criticism of it. Isn't the fact that he pretty much looks and acts like a Disney villain enough to really, seriously criticize him on?
    I should add that the majority of Western universities tend to promote the opposite of Trumpism in regards to the fact that universities are notorious for having a strong Liberal bias from most of the professors and their students tend to adopt those views readily due to high malleability. So Trumpism actually has little to do with universities aside from an indirect involvement by being against the mainstream thought of academia. On top of that the majority of American media nowadays tends to have a very strong liberal bias in regards to CNN and other major media outlets as well if you ignore Fox News. So the issue is almost the opposite of what you frame it as in that there's a big narrative being pushed towards heavy liberalism from universities and media nowadays. So Trumpism is merely the push back or counter force to that because it publicly goes against it.

    I'm not saying that Trumpism or any other form of it is inherently good or bad, but it exists as one of the more popular means to counter universities and the media's main narrative. Trump was smart enough to realize there was a huge voting base that was nationalist that was not voiced by any Republican candidate or Democratic candidates so he grabbed the majority of this voting base that lacked a voice and gave it one in the American mainstream. That's why a lot of Democrats ended up voting for Trump, it was their way of rebelling against the media's strong narrative to get Clinton as president. Anyways, I'm not saying that you have to be pro-Trumpism or become alt-right, but I know judging by your general views coeruleum that you have the propensity to at least see eye to eye on some right wing issues that counter some left wing ideas that are very harmful.

    That's what Trumpism really is in the end, it's a way for Americans and even other nationalities that are dissatisfied with mainstream politics to latch on to something big enough with enough momentum to fight the mainstream narrative because at the moment there isn't much else that is willing to go against it. It's the mainstream narrative of extreme liberal views that is heavily backed by corporations via mass media and government via academia. You don't need to join Trumpism or become alt-right to be against the mainstream narrative. You just need to recognize which of these views that are continuously shoved down our throats constantly are harmful and which ones are benign. The mainstream narrative is what I mentioned earlier of globalism, neo-marxism and post-modernism. In theory these ideas may sound appealing, but in practice is a different story and they can be incredibly harmful.

    If you recognized it then I think you are perfectly capable of becoming more sympathetic to Trumpism or even the alt-right without having to join them or even agreeing with most of their views. My views are generally far more left than people that generally support Trump or occupy the alt-right, but I can still see eye to eye with them on the issues that matter most because they are one of the few groups willing to fight the mainstream narrative that is constantly shoved down our throats via mass media and academia. So essentially I know you are aware that there is an oligarchy or economic elite yielding their sphere of influence, but you haven't identified their main weapon yet against the masses. When you do is when things will start to click for you and you'll be able to identify the problems that plague modern society and the solutions required more easily.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  33. #33
    user title The Perpetual Now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Okeeday. I'll be sure to keep tabs on how anti-Caucasoid or anti-Bantu you are next time you make an offhand comment suggesting that whites or blacks exist in any capacity.
    false equivalence

  34. #34
    Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    /t16t/
    Posts
    1,174
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    false equivalence
    Yeah, how dare peasant races falsely equate themselves with the chosen people.


    No group should be shielded from criticism if it's necessary. Especially not a disproportionately large shield for people that barely exist in any real mass to merit it.

    But at the very least, if you equate acknowledgement of a group's existence with genocide, it looks hyper sketchy. Either everyone gets equal treatment or no one does.



    If anyone could prove most of these accusations pointing the finger at jews didn't really point to jews in the first place, I could see a case for derogatory slander, but the stats seem to indicate the opposite. I don't like group responsibility at all, but it's not like anyone applies the same special shield to, say, whites, when """"woke"""" academics and comedians point the fat finger at them for even having a culture and existing at all. We don't have the words "anti-Caucasoid" or "anti-Bantu" for ethnic animosity against these groups, so why do ashkenazi jews get a special one? You have to admit that's superfluous -- and/or ideologically loaded.
    I'd rather we just see each other atomistically as well, but your team is failing at this. You're applying shields from criticism asymmetrically.
    Last edited by Grendel; 02-15-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Shut the fuck up, dumbass.


  35. #35
    aster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    566
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with everything @Raver said. The closer you get to colleges in my area, the more liberals you’ll run in to. I would suggest watching the documentary Death of a Nation for another perspective on this.
    Last edited by aster; 02-15-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Tumblr

    “Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.”
    ~Karl

  36. #36
    user title The Perpetual Now's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    Yeah, how dare peasant races falsely equate themselves with the chosen people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post


    No group should be shielded from criticism if it's necessary. Especially not a disproportionately large shield for people that barely exist in any real mass to merit it.

    But at the very least, if you equate acknowledgement of a group's
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    existence
    with genocide, it looks hyper sketchy. Either everyone gets equal treatment or no one does.



    If anyone could prove most of these accusations pointing the finger at jews didn't really point to jews in the first place, I could see a case for derogatory slander, but the stats seem to indicate the opposite. I don't like group responsibility at all, but it's not like anyone applies the same special shield to, say, whites, when """"woke"""" academics and comedians point the fat finger at them for even having a culture and existing at all. We don't have the words "anti-Caucasoid" or "anti-Bantu" for ethnic animosity against these groups, so why do ashkenazi jews get a special one? You have to admit that's superfluous -- and/or ideologically loaded.
    I'd rather we just see each other atomistically as well, but your team is failing at this. You're applying shields from criticism asymmetrically.


    I take just as much issue with racism directed toward whites as I do with that directed at Ashkenazis and other groups.

    You won't get any objection from me that anti-white sentiment is a real and growing problem that is tolerated and even encouraged by far too many supposedly "enlightened" individuals. For instance, the left's tendency to quickly dismiss any reports or allegations of discrimination and genocide directed at white south African farmers as far right propaganda.

    That doesn't excuse slurs made at Jewish people about matzo and gefilte fish or whatever was said above.
    Last edited by The Perpetual Now; 02-15-2019 at 04:27 PM.

  37. #37
    Fatal Error bgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    TIM
    go away
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I agree with everything @Raver said. The closer you get to colleges in my area, the more liberals you’ll run in to.I would suggest watching the documentary Death of a Nation for another perspective in this.
    1% Metacritic
    83% liked this movie Google users

    ^that is pretty amazing lol. i've vaguely heard about him getting shat upon by "the left" for this movie but didn't know it was that huge of a disparity. def gunna watch it now .
    Last edited by bgoat; 02-15-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    fart

  38. #38
    In Transition Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,678
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aster View Post
    I agree with everything @Raver said. The closer you get to colleges in my area, the more liberals you’ll run in to.I would suggest watching the documentary Death of a Nation for another perspective in this.
    Exactly, the mainstream media and colleges are predominately Liberal with a few exceptions. Judging by the trailer, the movie looks highly entertaining and worth watching even though it should be taken with a grain of salt:



    Quote Originally Posted by bgoo View Post
    1% Metacritic
    83% liked this movie Google users

    ^that is pretty amazing lol. i've vaguely heard about him getting shat upon by "the left" for this movie but didn't know it was that huge of a disparity. def gunna watch it now .
    Lol, 0% on RT and 89% from the RT audience:

    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/death_of_a_nation

    Critics usually critique a movie's cinematic value and plot, but they tend to not critique entertainment and/or factual accuracy. So I tend to trust the audience's input far more than the critics if I want to watch an entertaining and/or informative movie.
    "Nothing happens until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change."

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  39. #39
    Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    /t16t/
    Posts
    1,174
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prowthin View Post
    I don't know about the trends of what universities generally focus on, but it's certainly not true that there is a lower amount of interest in intellectual fields from average people (in first world countries, since most third world countries didn't have any interest to begin with). If you look up VSauce videos, historical breakdowns, philosophical audiobooks, etc. on YouTube a lot of this stuff amasses millions and millions of views. Average people now are a lot more aware of intellectual fields than they were 50 years ago and this is more dependent on accessibility to material rather than universities educating people. Being a "nerd" is normal now even for teenagers who have no clue what university they'll go to yet.
    Lol, RIP VSauce. Maybe YouTube would still be profitable enough not to require Premium if not for all the slander they've been getting, from old-media outlets scared as shit of their own obsolescence. I entirely blame them for systematically reducing YouTube to the fledgling state it's in today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Shut the fuck up, dumbass.


  40. #40
    Fatal Error bgoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    TIM
    go away
    Posts
    704
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    Exactly, the mainstream media and colleges are predominately Liberal with a few exceptions. Judging by the trailer, the movie looks highly entertaining and worth watching even though it should be taken with a grain of salt:





    Lol, 0% on RT and 89% from the RT audience:

    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/death_of_a_nation

    Critics usually critique a movie's cinematic value and plot, but they tend to not critique entertainment and/or factual accuracy. So I tend to trust the audience's input far more than the critics if I want to watch an entertaining and/or informative movie.

    you should see Hoaxed, i think you'd appreciate it. i posted a youtube upload of it to the What are you Watching thread a few days ago, but it's been copyrighted off already (it was just released a few weeks ago). you can buy it on vimeo but i've found a few links on sketchy pirate video stream sites too, or wait for it to get reuploaded to youtube again (which i assume it will)

    fart

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •