Thread: The Diffeence Between Ni and Ne with Aggressors

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Diffeence Between Ni and Ne with Aggressors

I just thought of something that makes Ni different from Ne. With respect to punishment and aggression, Ni 'victim mentality' - "I deserve punishment, because I'm good but not *good enough.* I'll give in."
    Ne - "I'm a reasonably good person - probably not a saint, but I don't deserve this *at all.* How dare they!"

Even with intelligence:
    Ni: "I'm reasonably intelligent, but I'm probably wrong again. He/she is probably right. I'll give in."
    Ne: "Wait a second... I'm reasonably intelligent. Who is this person to try and put me in my place? I'm going to stand up for myself."

Ni will then be submissive to aggression, and so they can deal with aggressors. Ne as a different ego structure and doesn't stand for it, and so there is conflict and/or a fight... You see the difference? Feel free to give any other insights you wish...
    Last edited by jason_m; 02-10-2019 at 11:50 AM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think there is something to this, but as a caveat I think your description works better for the functions themselves than for types.

Se ego types, being Ni valuers, might adopt the Ni attitude when reproached and Ni egos might adopt the Se attitude of being reproachful, for example, ILI being critical and EIE throwing drama in some cases etc. The criticism of ILIs are directed towards themselves and towards others, so I think beta/gamma values are more likely to make someone believe in punishment.

I don't think Ni is about submitting to others or Se about dominating, though. I can see the erotic attiudes being about slight masochism/sadism, but masochism does not mean being submissive and sadism doesn't mean being dominant. Also, these attitudes are erotic attitudes but I don't know if they transfer over to everyday situations, so while your description might make sense for romance I don't know if it does for work, family, freindships etc. Though I do agree that Ni/Se quadras are more likely to believe in punishment and retribution than the Ne/Si quadras.

Banned
    TIM
    IEI-Fe0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I yield easily to just about everyone even if it's not romantic, but most of the time it's better if I do it anyway since 80% of the time people are more realistic and pragmatic than I am. In the world of relationships, I don't really expect "punishment"; as my role is already The Punished. I expect a lot of reinforcement through my partner that I am this way as many of my partners were usually of a better social status, financial situation, and better looking so I am by comparison the "stain", the one who needs to be fixed and taken out of my awful little falling castle. That castle usually being my mind, I like a partner who can take me out of my comfortably painful zone and can get me into things that are actually furthering whatever dream I have, or that we have. Though, when my partner is letting me know how much they also hurt, I feel guilty that I exaggerate my pain but also resentful that my partner isn't the "strong and perfect" person I had dreamed of, again this is superficial and my love for that person, of course, overrides that resentment.
    Last edited by ruined; 02-10-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

victim mentality is "I need be controled and ruled by external will"