Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
Also, the ability to SEE what's happening with your eyes can be hugely beneficial in understanding concepts, and you can do this with bio and chem, in real life time in front of you, physics too, but when does anyone give physical examples you can work with for calc? So, there's that.
Depending on what kind of equipment you have access to, bio can be extremely hard to be able to "see". Certain macro-level things you can, but most of high school-level bio is harder. Even for things you CAN see, looking at onion slides through a microscope to visualize the cell cycle isn't very great. A lot of the visualizing in bio classes come from models or simulations (lets play a game that mimics natural selection!)
Physics teachers I know are always doing demos and really cool labs to help visualize the concepts (one guy in my hall has a bowling ball hanging from his ceiling, last week they were coloring ice cubes for convection).

I'm a bio teacher, so I might be a liiiitttle biased here. I'm also teaching at the basic high school level (standardized testing) at a school that does not have the best funding in general with little access to lab equipment (sequencing DNA would be awesome, but we don't have PCR machines)