Hydraulic presses do not interact ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 9w1 972 sp/so
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    LII's can be pretty good at disappearing.

No idea why.
    Social anxiety at feeling like you made a fool out of yourself and you will never be taken seriously anymore and you don't want to remember that shame again so you decide to play dead because your ego can't take being wrong/having made really stupid posts is kinda a factor I guess?

That, and also probably doesn't imagine that a person they talked about a common interest with so fervently might be feeling a level of closeness they weren't aware off, so bounces off to talk with someone who is good at/passionate about their new shiny common interest with again the same level of passion and won't be scared away by their obsessive level of love towards it, so thinks that it is natural you just at some point up and leave everything you built to start up from ground yet again.

It is kind of a dick move, honestly, one I'm personally trying to get better at after dropping people off like hot potato on random whims, thinking it wouldn't matter for the other side anyway. And not all LIIs will have same reasons obviously, but again, possibly 1D Fe ("How do I keep entertaining them if I am obviously not interested in this topic anymore??? This is so draining and nerve wrecking and frustrating fkdhfdkjfdhkfd I don't want to come off rude and I want to make them happy too, it was great before but I don't have the energy or actual desire for this- I will just play dead so I never gotta deal with this.") and 2D role Fi ("We only talk about our common interests so we aren't really that close because they didn't declare their desire to be eternally bffs so they will be a bit sad at losing a conversation partner about this as passionate as they are but hey, this won't break them. Probably.") are at a play with that trend, I would say?

Edit: Also for people I have in my life, like my parents or ones I know I am good friends with/consider a bestfriend, I tend to assume that if there is a problem, they would tell me. When I put it like that, it sounds obvious that humans sadly aren't that transparent with their desires and needs, but I just assume that they are doing fine, that they must be enjoying their time too or it at least isn't terrible if they are not contacting me, since I'm enjoying my time chasing after whatever idea/thing I fancy at the time and disappearing from face of the earth for me means I just got a new shiny thing I obsess over and will be back before long, that since my disappearances aren't from any sort of trouble but from getting too caught up in things I'm interested in and I will be back to ramble about those things at some point to them as well, so that they just must be in a similar situation. That's a blindspot right there.
    Last edited by ApeironStella; 03-14-2019 at 08:55 PM.

...Why?
    "...Good morning, Teacher."
    Why did his eyes look so sad?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    LII's can be pretty good at disappearing.

No idea why.
    I don't know why.

I do know I've disappeared from a lot of forums never to return. Probably left a few people scratching their heads. I can't explain it. Sometimes it's easier to just duck out of a situation and put it out of my head.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ApeironStella View Post
    Social anxiety at feeling like you made a fool out of yourself and you will never be taken seriously anymore and you don't want to remember that shame again so you decide to play dead because your ego can't take being wrong/having made really stupid posts is kinda a factor I guess?
    That sounds about right. Embarrassment can be a crippling feeling.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sub-type indicates imbalance in processing that can be changed but it's like breaking a habit; one must really want and need to change. Ne-LIIs seem to over study and never seem to be satisfied with the information that they have, while Ti-LIIs tend toward excessive rethinking and second-guessing. LIIs can't improve their Ti or Ne, they simply need to use it. Being Ti-LII, I've often scolded myself with the words "you should've opened your eyes"; the problem is that I've been reasonably successful even though I miss a lot of information so motivation hasn't really been there to change. However, now that I'm older, I occasionally stop to smell the roses; perhaps you may find more cause to shoot the planner and get into production.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    ...Ne-LIIs seem to over study and never seem to be satisfied with the information that they have...
    At least for me this is true.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Sub-type indicates imbalance in processing that can be changed but it's like breaking a habit; one must really want and need to change. Ne-LIIs seem to over study and never seem to be satisfied with the information that they have, while Ti-LIIs tend toward excessive rethinking and second-guessing. LIIs can't improve their Ti or Ne, they simply need to use it. Being Ti-LII, I've often scolded myself with the words "you should've opened your eyes"; the problem is that I've been reasonably successful even though I miss a lot of information so motivation hasn't really been there to change. However, now that I'm older, I occasionally stop to smell the roses; perhaps you may find more cause to shoot the planner and get into production.....

a.k.a. I/O
    What of those who experience both? For example, excessive rethinking and second guessing might lead to dissatisfaction with current information, so more information is sought, which might then lead to more rethinking and second-guessing, which in turn leads to seeking more information.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    At least for me this is true.
    Given equal brain power, Ne-LIIs have the same rationalization (excellent at interpolation) abilities as Ti-LIIs; they just don't use it as much due to perhaps some circumstances during formative years. When I've had to make critical decisions at work, I've noted that my input abilities markedly improved (I seemed to engage more Ne); unfortunately for some of the people in my personal life, I reverted to a driven, production-oriented perfectionist when the crises were over.

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Weird View Post
    What of those who experience both? For example, excessive rethinking and second guessing might lead to dissatisfaction with current information, so more information is sought, which might then lead to more rethinking and second-guessing, which in turn leads to seeking more information.
    My sub-type is ideal for a limited number of scenarios (similar for Ne-LIIs) but an equal balance of input and output is better for the majority situations regardless of the type. I consider sub-types as slightly handicapped (or some sort of minor savant).....

a.k.a. I/O

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12