TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Why I Chose EIE For My Type...

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    It's forming a negative conclusion about someone based on very little information. The opposite would be Ne - to be open to other aspects of the person being good, or to reserve judgment.
    I am confusion.

Isn’t coming to conclusions and judgements an Fx or Tx thing? Especially in this case of smoking being bad and causing one to become wary, isn’t that Fi?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danali View Post
    I am confusion.

Isn’t coming to conclusions and judgements an Fx or Tx thing? Especially in this case of smoking being bad and causing one to become wary, isn’t that Fi?
    In the context of an ESI, Fi and Ni are very closely connected. Similarly for Ni and Ti in an LSI. But whether it's Ti or Fi in this particular case is not so clear.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    In the context of an ESI, Fi and Ni are very closely connected. Similarly for Ni and Ti in an LSI. But whether it's Ti or Fi in this particular case is not so clear.
    Oh! I think I get it now!

So Ni Picked up on the pattern that "people that smoke act a certain kind of way". Then one of the judging functions dictated this action as "bad". As a result of the Ni pattern @Nocturne picked up, her judging function is telling her "be wary of those kind of people".

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danali View Post
    Oh! I think I get it now!

So Ni Picked up on the pattern that "people that smoke act a certain kind of way". Then one of the judging functions dictated this action as "bad". As a result of the Ni pattern @Nocturne picked up, her judging function is telling her "be wary of those kind of people".
    Actually, in my view Ni is what recognizes it as bad. Fi is what attributes it to the person's character.

I realize this goes completely against the classical understanding of judging / rationality, so you can take it or leave it.