Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESTp or ESTj?

Hey guys, so I'm debating whether I'm ESTp or ESTj. Here's some stuff about me:

- I'm pretty blunt and I tell it as it is
    - My friends have said they admire how I do not let anyone walk all over me
    - I hate incompetency
    - I can be quite tactical and strategic- I enjoy chess for this reason
    - I am very realistic (NF types sometimes interpret this as pessimism)
    - I don't like people who can't take a joke
    - I like being controversial
    - At times I am guilty of "black and white thinking"
    - I have always been popular at school - I'm the queen bee/ the Regina George.
    - My IxFx family members have referred to me as "nasty" and "horrible"
    - I am often the first to take action in a situation, I'm not one to sit around and moan if I have made no attempt to solve the issue
    - I don't like sports
    - I am a natural leader, I am able to organise people and be like "you do this, you do that"
    - I have been labelled by people as "narcissistic", "histrionic" and "sociopathic"
    - I'm either enneagram 3 or 8, and my tritype is definitely 378: The Mover and Shaker
    - Ideally, I'd like to go into a career in journalism - preferably online
    - I am really assertive, quite confident and dominant in social situations. I have no issue approaching people and talking to them.
    - I will break rules to get what I want
    - I often don't really know and understand how I'm feeling

If you need any more info, just ask

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESFJ
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fe

his·tri·on·ic
    /ˌhistrēˈänik/Submit
    adjective
    overly theatrical or melodramatic in character or style.
    "a histrionic outburst"
    synonyms: melodramatic, theatrical, affected, dramatic, exaggerated, actorly, actressy, stagy, showy, artificial, overacted, overdone, unnatural, mannered, stilted, unreal; More
    noun
    exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.
    "discussions around the issue have been based as much in histrionics as in history"
    synonyms: dramatics, drama, theatrics, theatricality, tantrums; More
    ARCHAIC
    an actor.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Fe

his·tri·on·ic
    /ˌhistrēˈänik/Submit
    adjective
    "a histrionic outburst"
    synonyms: melodramatic, theatrical, affected, dramatic, exaggerated, actorly, actressy, stagy, showy, artificial, overacted, overdone, unnatural, mannered, stilted, unreal; More
    noun
    "discussions around the issue have been based as much in histrionics as in history"
    ARCHAIC
    an actor.
    jesus

Fe is generally associated with the ability to recognize and convey (i.e. make others experience) passions, moods, and emotional states, generate excitement, liveliness, and feelings, get emotionally involved in activities and emotionally involve others, recognize and describe emotional interaction between people and groups, and build a sense of community and emotional unity.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...overted_ethics

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    jesus

Fe is generally associated with the ability to recognize and convey (i.e. make others experience) passions, moods, and emotional states, generate excitement, liveliness, and feelings, get emotionally involved in activities and emotionally involve others, recognize and describe emotional interaction between people and groups, and build a sense of community and emotional unity.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...overted_ethics
    Go read Jung then come talk to me
    -

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go read Jung then come talk to me
    princess

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFJ
    Fe

his·tri·on·ic
    /ˌhistrēˈänik/Submit
    adjective
    "a histrionic outburst"
    noun
    ARCHAIC
    an actor.
    I definitely agree with the SF as Social/Personal Politics, as opposed to ST Managerial/technocrat, being logical IS NOT being insensitive-drama seeking. STs generally want results and don't have the desire to contemplate politics.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESTp

I'm getting ESTp! Particularly because of the parts I will bold/color below, and make some comments in green:

Quote Originally Posted by queentiger View Post

- I hate incompetency
    - My IxFx family members have referred to me as "nasty" and "horrible" (I am thinking particularly INFj and ISFp might label you thus, in response to a bold ESTp assertion)
    - I am often the first to take action in a situation, I'm not one to sit around and moan if I have made no attempt to solve the issue
    - I don't like sports (my ESTp son did not particularly go in for team sports but he loved being part of the wrestling team which is more a team of individual endeavors)
    - I am a natural leader, I am able to organise people and be like "you do this, you do that"
    - I have been labelled by people as "narcissistic", "histrionic" and "sociopathic" (maybe these three labels just because you are bold and upfront?)
    - I'm either enneagram 3 or 8, and my tritype is definitely 378: The Mover and Shaker
    - I am really assertive, quite confident and dominant in social situations. I have no issue approaching people and talking to them.

Looks very SLE to me!
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 01-18-2019 at 01:35 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp is my guess. You might want to work on all those shitty Dark Triade traits.

ESTps are fine with incompetency, as long as other things are golden.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

All that sounds SLE and not LSE, if those are the only two options.

From your profile:

I'm a massive bitch, be my workers!
    Sounds ego to me.

You come off more work and task oriented and intellectual than gamma SF types, so I say beta ST. Even your username sounds like something SLE would choose.

I think SLE fits you pretty well. Alternatively, I could see LSI.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ave View Post
    All that sounds SLE and not LSE, if those are the only two options.

From your profile:

Sounds ego to me.

You come off more work and task oriented and intellectual than gamma SF types, so I say beta ST. Even your username sounds like something SLE would choose.

I think SLE fits you pretty well. Alternatively, I could see LSI.
    Hmm, why particularly Beta ST?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@queentiger

It seems pretty clear to me you have ego, which narrows it down to four types.

Based on those four types, the two beta ST types seem to make more sense since you seem more oriented towards questions of work rather than relationships.

I don't know though, just an impression based on the data I have.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@queentiger

It seems pretty clear to me you have ego, which narrows it down to four types.

Based on those four types, the two beta ST types seem to make more sense since you seem more oriented towards questions of work rather than relationships.

I don't know though, just an impression based on the data I have.
    Couldn't you say that being work/results oriented is more Te?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Couldn't you say that being work/results oriented is more Te?
    Good question.

Being work oriented, as in, influencing workplaces somehow (in terms of procedures or work itself, not human relations or that type of thing), seems more the domain of T types. However, is also described as being about "work". I would say that SLEs and LSIs are good at influencing work conditions since they have strong even if they don't value it.

Results though, should have nothing to do with but with the process/result dichotomy.

Maybe I should tag @thehotelambush as he seems to be pretty fluent at explaining this stuff, I don't see myself as the best person at disentangling this kind of thing intellectually, when it comes to socionics.

You do not seem LSE to me though, in any case.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question.

Being work oriented, as in, influencing workplaces somehow (in terms of procedures or work itself, not human relations or that type of thing), seems more the domain of T types. However, is also described as being about "work". I would say that SLEs and LSIs are good at influencing work conditions since they have strong even if they don't value it.

Results though, should have nothing to do with but with the process/result dichotomy.

Maybe I should tag @thehotelambush as he seems to be pretty fluent at explaining this stuff, I don't see myself as the best person at disentangling this kind of thing intellectually, when it comes to socionics.

You do not seem LSE to me though, in any case.
    Ah ok, in your original response you said "if those were the only 2 options" - were you thinking something other than both of those?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ah ok, in your original response you said "if those were the only 2 options" - were you thinking something other than both of those?
    I'm thinking maybe Gamma SF, and LSI.

I said that because I don't know your type, you were hesitating between SLE and LSE for your type, so I said "if those are the only two options" because I don't know your reasons for narrowing it down to those two.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far all I get is an ESI vibe. There is not enough data but ESI is all I see.

Being a "bitch" is not ethical, justified, or ever something to brag about. My ESI sister has caused many people too much unnecessary deep tremendous grief and abuse and pain in life by simply touting this belief about herself as if it were an excuse. I am referring to your profile. This is not a cute topic.

There IS an afterlife and everyone is accountable for their own behavior. Just a friendly heads up.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post

Being a "bitch" is not ethical, justified, or ever something to brag about. My ESI sister has caused many people too much unnecessary deep tremendous grief and abuse and pain in life by simply touting this belief about herself as if it were an excuse. I am referring to your profile. This is not a cute topic.

There IS an afterlife and everyone is accountable for their own behavior. Just a friendly heads up.
    Firstly, I don't care about being ethical, fuck off with that shit.
    Secondly, I don't believe in an afterlife.
    You seem like the death of the party, just a friendly heads up.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reaction to someone telling her that being unethical is not cool:

Firstly, I don't care about being ethical, fuck off with that shit.
    Secondly, I don't believe in an afterlife.
    You seem like the death of the party, just a friendly heads up.
    One recurring dream/vision I have is of a new world, unlike this one. Being logical and ruthless is seen as the best traits, being emotional gets you left behind. Of course, I am the ruler of this world and everyone fears and obeys me. They all wish they could be me. I marry a guy, for money. He is like a piggy bank to me, he doesn't own anything, all of his things go straight to me.
    I have another vision of me being the CEO of a large company, earning tons of money, making lots of decisions and organising everyone
    These are likely connected to each other, both have me in a position of power and being rich. They also both have me being able to tell others what to do. Of course, this could mean I'm too power hungry but I don't see wanting money and power as a bad thing.
    Hmm, I don't really care about "love" though. I struggle to make emotional connections with people, meaning I am more prone to cheat on them if I do get into a relationship with one.
    "Yeah, fuck other people i just cheat on them, yeah nevermind, i mean fuck being ethical anyways..."

after going ad hominem on a critic and denying the intention right after

Either that, or an overly emotional display and deep cutting insults towards family members (I know how to really hit where it hurts, unhealthy Fe?)
    Again a typically Cluster-B personality reaction to someone who critisised her in the first quoted for her lack of ethicalness:

I'd say the person that said that is simply delusional and insecure, and is projecting that onto ESIs. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    I'm a very good judge of character, and I'd say that they don't have a good one. So if there is an afterlife, they will suffer much more than you will.
    - You say about impulsiveness -I wouldn't consider myself impulsive. Yes I do take action, however with everything I do I am always aware of the consequences.

So she knows what she`s doing and still thinks that cheating on others, insulting family members with "deep cutting insults" and gaslighting someone while denouncing him for fair criticism of her lack of ethical qualites because of "fuck ethical behavior" is completely fine to her.

Do it, end me. I deserve it.
    Typical for Cluster-Bs especially borderline to wallow in self pity as fishing for compliments, defensive strategy and mascareade

Just some friendly advice though, if someone was actually a sociopath and people say to them they want them dead it would probably just make things worse.
    "Behave as i want or you will make things worse." (what ever that means, she could be a sociopath after all, i should watch my step)

Afterwards more guilt trippin and ad-hominem.

-
    I don't care and know how much it makes me look like an ass, but i know this stuff i experienced people like this all my life and their image of "poor little me" is simply a strategy, they act all cocky about being what they are because that's the best disguise and you can be so fucking smug and say "hey, i told you".

I mean maybe it's learned behavior and could be unlearned but this complete rejection of the notion that being unethical is not cool is a huge red flag and shoud leave no room for hope for a betterment.

Like "hey, we just treat her good and she will change for the better" , no, and that's exactly where my statement comes from, you should not treat people like this good, you should try to get as far away as possible from them, maybe my estimation is wrong and she just thinks it's extremely cool to say "fuck ethics" to casually cheat on people brag about her manipulative qualities and tell us about her dreams of total domination and exploitation of everybody around her but if everyone is completely fine with that when she gets her way and away with that, why should she consider a different approach?

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post

Woah, somebody hates ESI’s.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    Woah, somebody hates ESI’s.
    I'd say the person that said that is simply delusional and insecure, and is projecting that onto ESIs. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    I'm a very good judge of character, and I'd say that they don't have a good one. So if there is an afterlife, they will suffer much more than you will.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;-D

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    ;-D
    And even if everything in their story is true, the "sister" may not even be an ESI. So it's more that they are bitter than ESIs being bitchy - which is funny because I really don't get that vibe from ESIs at all.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

AssTP.
    I'm thinking ESTp over ESTj so far, for sure. But just to be completely suuure, you mentioned "breaking rules" there-- Could you give an example of /how/ you did it and under what circumstances? If you can't recall, then be hypothetical about it, that will work as well.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    AssTP.
    I'm thinking ESTp over ESTj so far, for sure. But just to be completely suuure, you mentioned "breaking rules" there-- Could you give an example of /how/ you did it and under what circumstances? If you can't recall, then be hypothetical about it, that will work as well.
    So as I'm 17, school will be my best example. So I'd assume you likely had a teacher that would always move someone who was chatty or something. Basically, at my old school whenever I got moved for stupid reasons or for being singled out - I would create my own "timetable" for that lesson. So basically the teacher never knew when I'd turn up, where I'd sit, if I'd do the work, when I'd leave. To prevent me from doing that they'd either have to give a valid reason for moving me OR move me back to the seat I originally sat in.

Also, if a teacher has the mix of being both incompetent and a twat, I will make an effort to try and get rid of them.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So as I'm 17, school will be my best example. So I'd assume you likely had a teacher that would always move someone who was chatty or something. Basically, at my old school whenever I got moved for stupid reasons or for being singled out - I would create my own "timetable" for that lesson. So basically the teacher never knew when I'd turn up, where I'd sit, if I'd do the work, when I'd leave. To prevent me from doing that they'd either have to give a valid reason for moving me OR move me back to the seat I originally sat in.

Also, if a teacher has the mix of being both incompetent and a twat, I will make an effort to try and get rid of them.
    Hah, you're pretty wild. This sounds like a day at my old school, honestly. I get you on the teachers part-- sometimes I'm too chatty but I only do so when I have the energy AND the reasons to annoy a teacher. But I do it more subtly. For the sake of keeping the options open, I'm not going to assume what "make an effort to try and get rid of them" means

Don't worry, I haven't asked all of this to judge you, I'm not your mommy or daddy. The reason why I asked is that SLEs have an interesting relationship with rules and systems. Here, have these two paragraphs to help you understand it better:

"In order to have their way, SLEs have a strong command of the various logical systems that necessitate or restrict coercive pressures on others. SLEs know expertly how to use the law, their position in the hierarchy of a group or boundaries and ultimatums of their own creation to maintain control of a situation. As such, SLEs are quickly able to bring order to chaos. Similarly, they are capable of exploiting loopholes in a system, so as to find permitted ways of succeeding where others have failed. In this way, structures become the perfect tool for SLEs to consolidate their power and ensure their success. Furthermore it grants a linear approach to their use of force, with SLEs usually setting out what they intend to do and following through in a natural progression, rather than erratically switching between different goals. SLEs also use their logic to make their arguments and debates more persuasive, giving clear reasons for their opinions and ruthlessly breaking down the flawed reasoning of others. Despite this, SLEs are not necessarily obedient to the rules of others, and although able to use rules to their advantage, may act in contempt of the system should they know they are able to get away with it due to weak leadership or a lack of enforcement. Similarly with hierarchy, SLEs will be aware of their particular rank but be unsatisfied until they are at the top and the boss of everyone else, challenging and eventually conquering the system rather than paying deference to superiors. Once at the top, SLEs set to work tailoring the system to handle any threat to their position."

"Rules and laws are seen only as guidelines for ESTp. If they decide that something needs to be done, then they'll do it regardless of who gets hurt. Their wants and needs take precedence over any rules. They're outspoken risk-takers who don't mind getting their hands really dirty. ESTp live in the here-and-now, and place little importance on introspection or consequence."

The first paragraph is from World Socionics. I don't think it's the most reliable source of info, really, but it does hold a seed of truth to it. SLEs are not reckless just for the heck of it. The second paragraph is from a satirical description that is more or less mocking SLEs, but I think that sometimes, there is some truth rooted in stereotypes, don't you? Otherwise, why would they even be stereotypes in the first place?

I'm fairly confident of you being ESTp on a first look, as of now. And your tritype and enneagram seems to be a-okay as well, the first think I tought of was "8" when reading all of that.
    “I want the following word: splendor, splendor is fruit in all its succulence, fruit without sadness. I want vast distances. My savage intuition of myself.”
    Clarice Lispector

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Plumes View Post
    Hah, you're pretty wild. This sounds like a day at my old school, honestly. I get you on the teachers part-- sometimes I'm too chatty but I only do so when I have the energy AND the reasons to annoy a teacher. But I do it more subtly. For the sake of keeping the options open, I'm not going to assume what "make an effort to try and get rid of them" means

Don't worry, I haven't asked all of this to judge you, I'm not your mommy or daddy. The reason why I asked is that SLEs have an interesting relationship with rules and systems. Here, have these two paragraphs to help you understand it better:

"In order to have their way, SLEs have a strong command of the various logical systems that necessitate or restrict coercive pressures on others. SLEs know expertly how to use the law, their position in the hierarchy of a group or boundaries and ultimatums of their own creation to maintain control of a situation. As such, SLEs are quickly able to bring order to chaos. Similarly, they are capable of exploiting loopholes in a system, so as to find permitted ways of succeeding where others have failed. In this way, structures become the perfect tool for SLEs to consolidate their power and ensure their success. Furthermore it grants a linear approach to their use of force, with SLEs usually setting out what they intend to do and following through in a natural progression, rather than erratically switching between different goals. SLEs also use their logic to make their arguments and debates more persuasive, giving clear reasons for their opinions and ruthlessly breaking down the flawed reasoning of others. Despite this, SLEs are not necessarily obedient to the rules of others, and although able to use rules to their advantage, may act in contempt of the system should they know they are able to get away with it due to weak leadership or a lack of enforcement. Similarly with hierarchy, SLEs will be aware of their particular rank but be unsatisfied until they are at the top and the boss of everyone else, challenging and eventually conquering the system rather than paying deference to superiors. Once at the top, SLEs set to work tailoring the system to handle any threat to their position."

"Rules and laws are seen only as guidelines for ESTp. If they decide that something needs to be done, then they'll do it regardless of who gets hurt. Their wants and needs take precedence over any rules. They're outspoken risk-takers who don't mind getting their hands really dirty. ESTp live in the here-and-now, and place little importance on introspection or consequence."

The first paragraph is from World Socionics. I don't think it's the most reliable source of info, really, but it does hold a seed of truth to it. SLEs are not reckless just for the heck of it. The second paragraph is from a satirical description that is more or less mocking SLEs, but I think that sometimes, there is some truth rooted in stereotypes, don't you? Otherwise, why would they even be stereotypes in the first place?

I'm fairly confident of you being ESTp on a first look, as of now. And your tritype and enneagram seems to be a-okay as well, the first think I tought of was "8" when reading all of that.
    Tbh I think I might be a core 3 (3w4-8w7-7w8) because I'm very ambitious, I know what I want and I get it.
    The description I would say is pretty accurate, and yes I'd say a lot of times there is truth rooted in stereotypes. People just can't look past their feelings to admit it.
    In a way though, I do place lots of importance on consequence because nothing I do is without reason and I'm often very aware of what it will lead to.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I hate incompetency
    - My IxFx family members have referred to me as "nasty" and "horrible"
    - I don't like sports
    - I have been labelled by people as "narcissistic", "histrionic" and "sociopathic"

This kind of intense and demanding persona is really an Se leading (or at the very least Se valuing) in socionics.

"black and white thinking" suggests subdued Ne (preferring to see things in one way (Ni) rather than multiple ways)

while being controversial, "nasty and horrible", and Machiavellian in general suggests that you value Se over Si, or expanding your domain over yours or others' comfort.

This also shows at least some "wanting to Te for yourself" so ESI is less likely. If you're not Se leading then Se mobilizing. Also you seem to have some behavioral issues to work out...

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    This kind of intense and demanding persona is really an Se leading (or at the very least Se valuing) in socionics.

"black and white thinking" suggests subdued Ne (preferring to see things in one way (Ni) rather than multiple ways)

while being controversial, "nasty and horrible", and Machiavellian in general suggests that you value Se over Si, or expanding your domain over yours or others' comfort.

This also shows at least some "wanting to Te for yourself" so ESI is less likely. If you're not Se leading then Se mobilizing. Also you seem to have some behavioral issues to work out...
    So we can narrow it down to ESp/ENj if I've understood that correctly

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we can narrow it down to ESp/ENj if I've understood that correctly
    Yes

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly your choice of a career at 17 doesn't mean anything in terms of you having a strong Ni

unless you have already made a fortune

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni isn't future vision... It's seeing larger trends and patterns, being able to see the flow of trends, ideas, events. High Ni implies high Ne as well, so Ni users are good at connecting ideas. The visions are often literal visions. Knowing your career isn't Ni. I don't know what I want to do with life, and I already have a degree, a romantic relationship, etc.

Here is an example of my Ni. When I was younger, I had this vision of this man with the head of a raven and when he opened his mouth, out flew amber and crimson butterflies. I spent a great deal of time, trying to analyze what exactly it meant. Then I found someone who had the qualities of the man in my vision, and I decided to end the lifelong search and marry him. Other things I'm interested in, dream interpretation, tarot readings, etc.

I have no idea what LIE's Ni is like though. It probably has a different focus.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Ni isn't future vision... It's seeing larger trends and patterns, being able to see the flow of trends, ideas, events. High Ni implies high Ne as well, so Ni users are good at connecting ideas. The visions are often literal visions. Knowing your career isn't Ni. I don't know what I want to do with life, and I already have a degree, a romantic relationship, etc.

Here is an example of my Ni. When I was younger, I had this vision of this man with the head of a raven and when he opened his mouth, out flew amber and crimson butterflies. I spent a great deal of time, trying to analyze what exactly it meant. Then I found someone who had the qualities of the man in my vision, and I decided to end the lifelong search and marry him. Other things I'm interested in, dream interpretation, tarot readings, etc.

I have no idea what LIE's Ni is like though. It probably has a different focus.
    I am interested in dream interpretation, also conspiracy theories and parallel universes. I'm intrigued with numerology also.
    One recurring dream/vision I have is of a new world, unlike this one. Being logical and ruthless is seen as the best traits, being emotional gets you left behind. Of course, I am the ruler of this world and everyone fears and obeys me. They all wish they could be me. I marry a guy, for money. He is like a piggy bank to me, he doesn't own anything, all of his things go straight to me.
    I have another vision of me being the CEO of a large company, earning tons of money, making lots of decisions and organising everyone
    These are likely connected to each other, both have me in a position of power and being rich. They also both have me being able to tell others what to do. Of course, this could mean I'm too power hungry but I don't see wanting money and power as a bad thing.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am interested in dream interpretation, also conspiracy theories and parallel universes. I'm intrigued with numerology also.

This is extremely Beta. I think EIE or IEI would fit you. You may be reluctant to type as such, because of misconceptions. I have made some Beta posts in this thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...09#post1317009

I think any kind of ST is unlikely for you if what you have stated here is true...

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    This is extremely Beta. I think EIE or IEI would fit you. You may be reluctant to type as such, because of misconceptions. I have made some Beta posts in this thread:

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...09#post1317009

I think any kind of ST is unlikely for you if what you have stated here is true...
    I don't think any introvert would fit me.

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think maybe an extroverted Beta type.
    ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ILI-N
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be inclined to agree with narrowing down to mainly SLE and SEE. Certainly SLE over LSE.

SEE's, although ethical, can be quite tough talking and take charge personalities, especially those of a more Dominant variety. It does seem to go without saying that your subtype is Dominant. It might be worth exploring.

SLE does seem like it fits though, and is probably the best fit. Generally, SLE's have more antisocial tendencies than SEE's. I also imagine that they'd be more inclined to something like chess than SEE; they think more logically for obvious reasons (they are a logical type). The SLE descriptions sounds a lot like what you've described of yourself, probably more than SEE does.

*replace 'he' as appropriate in the following description of course, no idea why people wrote that as if all SLE's are male

SLE is a resolute person who can provide volitional pressure if the situation requires this. He is determined to win at any cost. The more obstacles he encounters along the way, the more collected and energetic his advance becomes. Doubt and hesitation are foreign to him; he feels convinced of his right. Categorical in his assessments, reserves the last word. He is primarily interested in the result, not the process of achieving it. Adept at calculating various plans of action in his mind, choosing the most logical one for the given situation. Knows how to find the most compromised point of his opposition. If a direct attack does not bring success, can try to bypass from the sides or from the back, work through third parties. Feels lost in unusual, illogical situations.

Able to unite people around him to achieve a specific goal. Clearly delineates everyone’s position on the team. Confidently coordinates joint actions. Presents an ultimatum: "If you have chosen me, now you have to listen to me." Explains everything simply and clearly, citing illustrative examples. Tries to control the key points only without wasting efforts on details. Grasps the situation as a whole. Flexibly readjusts if the activity is no longer promising. For each task he devotes a certain period of time after which he makes the final decision: to continue on or to stop. Captures well the logic of actions of other people; thus the only ones who can win with him are those who are constantly changing it. Tests people in action, throwing those who lack training into the midst of things.

SLE experiences difficulty establishing personal relations in informal situations. Often he is too intolerant and uncompromising, predisposed to dictate his own way in his relations. Intolerant when someone else places demands of personal commitment from him. Constructs a system of ethical values for himself that often does not correspond to what is generally accepted. Frequently disbelieves that there exist pure, platonic relations. Sometimes declares that he is for "fairness", for equal treatment of everyone; nevertheless, has favorites and scapegoats. Treats well those who respect his friends and oppose his enemies. Does not let go of those to whom he has grown attached; attempts in any way to make them enter a dependent relationship with him, to "tame" or "placate" them.

Receives well calm words, positive forecasts, faith in the future. Pessimism and superstitions anger him. He is soothed and relaxed by a light, hassle-free communication style and optimistic outlook. Periodically turns to thoughtful introspection. Withdraws into himself, reflecting on future prospects and emerging opportunities. Time softens his harsh temper. After suffering a series of inexplicable losses and defeats, he begins to wonder about fate, may turn to religion, occupy himself with charity work. He is very enterprising and venturous. Enjoys competition, boisterous company, where he can relax and emotionally recharge. Likes to be inspired and uplifted. His emotional state heavily depends on the emotional state of others around him. He likes to listen to music. It puts him in the right disposition, creates balance in his soul. Grows offended if he is called an uncaring person.

Forces himself to achieve that which for others may seem almost impossible. Boldly responds to a challenge when his abilities are questioned. Considers himself to be intelligent. Handles well problems that test for ingenuity. In public, he gladly demonstrates his erudition and knowledge of the fundamentals. Not averse to act in role of a patron. If he is taken to the edge, he is able to manifest merciless and relentless fury. At such moments he cannot stop himself in anger. Does not give more than one chance.

Comfort, good material conditions for life are his secret desire. He seeks to provide for himself and his loved ones. Without this feels unfulfilled, a failure. Does not respect people who are frail, lacking in physical exercise and training. Proud of his own good physical constitution and feels upset if he does not possess one. Due to excess drive and energy, he is prone to quickly dissipate his natural reserves of health. External appearance tends to be either inconspicuous or underscoring his high status. Has poorly developed sense of harmony and aesthetic taste. Highly susceptible to physical drives and tends to meet his physical needs before soulful ones.

A good manager, skillfully manages his matters. Tries to derive benefit out of any businesses venture. Not inclined to save money, especially small amounts. Pays attention only to substantial sums of money. Often teaches himself a few handy skills. When faced with excessive work load will try to hire other people to do the work for him. Likes to manage complex technology in extreme and trying situations.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think SLE is more likely. You certainly come off as one. You overestimate yourself and your abilities a lot.

SLEs seems to like giving short replies and one liners. They also like to pick what interests them in a post and focus on it. This may not be type related. It's just something I noticed.

Banned
    TIM
    LIE-Ni VLEF
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    I think SLE is more likely. You certainly come off as one. You overestimate yourself and your abilities a lot.

SLEs seems to like giving short replies and one liners. They also like to pick what interests them in a post and focus on it. This may not be type related. It's just something I noticed.
    I mean it's not that I like giving short replies, it's just that when I give longer ones half of it seems to get ignored so I am a lot more to the point now. Still, in essays I ramble. You have given consistently short answers, are you an SLE?

I wouldn't say I overestimate myself, I'm just self confident. I do sometimes overestimate others, like "I'd have the capability to really manipulate them right now, so they must have the same capacity to do so to me"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast