Thread: Can you help? Am I ENFp or INFp?

Hybrid View

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oppai Anschluss View Post
    My Ni is doorknob-licking retarded so I'll refer you to @Luminous Lynx to see if that kind of thing is what he would enjoy.
    The reference: "Hmm, I do like that kind of routine. Probably why I like my current job where most of what I do is mindlessly search the internet for new items for my shop, then I mindlessly photograph my items and mindlessly edit them. I can sort of daydream all throught that time. I actually dislike the part where I need to describe the items because I do have to be present"

Nope, that sounds like fresh hell lmao. That's the kind of thing I'd do for my mates if they asked, but it'd bore me to tears occupationally. For many, a job that is too demanding is 'work'. A job that is not engaging enough to me is not a thing at all, it's just coasting for a paycheck. For me the key is how engaged I am. Regardless of how demanding or how lax a thing is, I need to be engaged and I need to have passion for the thing I'm doing or I quickly feel I'm trapped in a mind-numbing routine, which is about the last thing I'd ever want. A fulfilling job shouldn't feel like 'work' most of the time, but the engaging and the passionate is typically somewhat demanding, thus leisure rarely factors in. If I'm daydreaming that means I'm not being engaged; as an Ni program/Si role, I already have enough need of Se to bring me out of my comfortable shell of surrealist imagination.
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    The reference: "Hmm, I do like that kind of routine. Probably why I like my current job where most of what I do is mindlessly search the internet for new items for my shop, then I mindlessly photograph my items and mindlessly edit them. I can sort of daydream all throught that time. I actually dislike the part where I need to describe the items because I do have to be present"

Nope, that sounds like fresh hell lmao. That's the kind of thing I'd do for my mates if they asked, but it'd bore me to tears occupationally. For many, a job that is too demanding is 'work'. A job that is not engaging enough to me is not a thing at all, it's just coasting for a paycheck. For me the key is how engaged I am. Regardless of how demanding or how lax a thing is, I need to be engaged and I need to have passion for the thing I'm doing or I quickly feel I'm trapped in a mind-numbing routine, which is about the last thing I'd ever want. A fulfilling job shouldn't feel like 'work' most of the time, but the engaging and the passionate is typically somewhat demanding, thus leisure rarely factors in. If I'm daydreaming that means I'm not being engaged; as an Ni program/Si role, I already have enough need of Se to bring me out of my comfortable shell of surrealist imagination.
    Oh, I see. Well, I've been super engaged in my previous job as a graphic designer and let me tell you, THAT was hell to me. The constant feeling I wasn't good enough (the fact that I didn't have any formal education played into that), the high expectations vs perceived poor outcomes, the horrible way my client relationships always turned out... ugh. It was engaging, yes, but in the worst way possible. How I was able to do that for 10 years remains a mystery to me. Maybe being Enneagram 9 has to do something with it. I just never properly focused on how much I disliked my job and just went with it just because.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMoon View Post
    Oh, I see. Well, I've been super engaged in my previous job as a graphic designer and let me tell you, THAT was hell to me. The constant feeling I wasn't good enough (the fact that I didn't have any formal education played into that), the high expectations vs perceived poor outcomes, the horrible way my client relationships always turned out... ugh. It was engaging, yes, but in the worst way possible. How I was able to do that for 10 years remains a mystery to me. Maybe being Enneagram 9 has to do something with it. I just never properly focused on how much I disliked my job and just went with it just because.
    Very stoic of you enduring difficult circumstances with commitment.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem very balanced and to have a strong nervous system. You seem introverted or on meds. I would say IJ + F. NOT INFj as they are way more dynamic. So my guess is ISFj, which a is a bit backed up by my VI of you as ISFj/ENTp/ISTp.

Edit: IEE >> IEI by VI imo, though if you are IEE you must be on heavy sedatives as they are WAAAAY more dynamic.

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    You seem very balanced and to have a strong nervous system. You seem introverted or on meds. I would say IJ + F. NOT INFj as they are way more dynamic. So my guess is ISFj, which a is a bit backed up by my VI of you as ISFj/ENTp/ISTp.

Edit: IEE >> IEI by VI imo, though if you are IEE you must be on heavy sedatives as they are WAAAAY more dynamic.
    Hahah, I'm not on meds . Although I am just recovering from a very low episode so that could have contributed to me being less energetic in the video. Or the fact that I was a bit self-conscious because of being recorded. I have another vid that I made a couple of months ago, it's more upbeat. Should I share it for comparison's sake?

Not sure about being balanced and with a strong nervous system, that'd be a new one. I definitely don't identify with S, though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahah, I'm not on meds . Although I am just recovering from a very low episode so that could have contributed to me being less energetic in the video. Or the fact that I was a bit self-conscious because of being recorded. I have another vid that I made a couple of months ago, it's more upbeat. Should I share it for comparison's sake?

Not sure about being balanced and with a strong nervous system, that'd be a new one. I definitely don't identify with S, though.
    Note sure it would help. You could try. Best also if you made a video of you talking with another person (not via media but present there) in front of the camera.

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Note sure it would help. You could try. Best also if you made a video of you talking with another person (not via media but present there) in front of the camera.
    Okay, so I'll try to make a video with another person when I get a chance. Not sure when that will be though! Would take a very specific friend to be able to do that with them.

In the mean time, I made a new video, talking about something personal that happened to me in recent days. I probably would not be getting into this publicly if not for the sake of typing myself. I'm only touching on the subject and it already is a lot for me. This video is making me feel quite vulnerable so please be considerate with your comments --this is a general remark, towards all who read this thread.
    ETA: I'd probably be more comfortable with comments about how I talk and move rather than with those about what I'm saying.

https://youtu.be/lMod0aAxpxQ
    Last edited by ToTheMoon; 01-10-2019 at 08:17 PM.

TIM
    D-ESI-Se 1w2
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do You mean by dynamic, and why is that Vi range encompass so much variability? Those three types are starkly different, from different quadra, and value many different IEs. Again. "Dynamic" confuses me in a behavioral sense. What would that look like? Your reasoning also heavily relies on appearances, which themselves can be obfuscated by varying factors. Can You demonstrate the methodological reasoning for her valued IEs? If she's ESI, can You explain the Se? If she's IEE, can You explain why she's Program Ne (and so forth)?
    "We live in an age in which there is no heroic death."

Model A: ESI-Se -
    DCNH: Dominant

Enneagram: 1w2, 2w1, 6w7
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/So

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous Lynx View Post
    What do You mean by dynamic, and why is that Vi range encompass so much variability? Those three types are starkly different, from different quadra, and value many different IEs. Again. "Dynamic" confuses me in a behavioral sense. What would that look like? Your reasoning also heavily relies on appearances, which themselves can be obfuscated by varying factors. Can You demonstrate the methodological reasoning for her valued IEs? If she's ESI, can You explain the Se? If she's IEE, can You explain why she's Program Ne (and so forth)?
    Sorry I won't answer all of your questions, just about the dynamic. By dynamic I mean more motion, more expression.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb LII

love is the union of minds/souls when the borders between the individs become small. the own Self becomes below united We

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    mb LII

love is the union of minds/souls when the borders between the individs become small. the own Self becomes below united We
    Thanks for your input. I started looking into Thinking types and LII is one of the possibilities.
    I think I need to read thoroughly on all the types and then see which one rings most true in its essence.

I just wonder now. Should I go by functions or by descriptions?
    At this again.
    9w1 sx/so
    Cancer Sun, Mercury and Mars, Virgo Ascendant and Moon, Taurus Venus. Fortunately spiced up with Uranus on IC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Should I go by functions or by descriptions?
    You should take into account all basic theory, including IR effects with people of known types. Only when all fits good then you mb sure in your type. Not lesser.

8 functions and dichotomies is more core theory - it has higher weight. General types descriptions are secondary and more blury, but you should clearly see [at the final] that one of types fits you significantly better than other types. You should feel it as the most yours and notice where you differ from an average. When you study the typing you see people of different types and such understand the types better, - you'll come to own type step by step.

Reinin's dichotomies mb ignored - they are baseless.
    From model A as useful is: strong/weak functions, valued/nonvalued. The other is more doubtful and harder to be noticed on the practice.

There is my IR test (it needs an update due to some broken links but mb used). You may try it for IR effects. But real people near you (with _correct_ types), impressions from them, - is more important.

In the choice between IEE and IEI - IEE is more possible. Among 4 Ne types I'd recommend to seek, at first.

TIM
    not this again
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You should take into account all basic theory, including IR effects with people of known types. Only when all fits good then you mb sure in your type. Not lesser.

8 functions and dichotomies is more core theory - it has higher weight. General types descriptions are secondary and more blury, but you should clearly see [at the final] that one of types fits you significantly better than other types. You should feel it as the most yours and notice where you differ from an average. When you study the typing you see people of different types and such understand the types better, - you'll come to own type step by step.

Reinin's dichotomies mb ignored - they are baseless.
    From model A as useful is: strong/weak functions, valued/nonvalued. The other is more doubtful and harder to be noticed on the practice.
    Okay, thanks for all of this info. Sounds logical to me. I perhaps jumped ahead out of eagerness to learn all about just a couple of types that I considered for myself instead of learning about everything basic in the first place. Welp, there's still time to correct that!

There is my IR test (it needs an update due to some broken links but mb used). You may try it for IR effects. But real people near you (with _correct_ types), impressions from them, - is more important.
    Hey, that test was very interesting to take! I grabbed a couple of glimpses of all the videos included and after a moment of debating, came to the conclusion that my top faves would have to be:
    ESFj/ESE - I enjoyed how stable but energetic they were at the same time, and they looked as if they had so much of this combo in them that they could just share it and spread it all over their surroundings. I wish there were more than just two working videos for men of this type, though, two vids were a bit scarce for grasping the general idea of this type.
    INFj/EII - they mesmerized me. Very attractive men. Kinda want to meet each one and talk with them at length to get a better understanding of them (this happens to me sometimes and I usually leave disillusioned when all the mysteries go away ).
    ENFJ/EIE - they look warm and very considerate of others but so much fun at the same time. Didn't look very bright to me though . Which ultimately didn't really matter! (Sorry about that judgment.)
    INFp/IEI - so soothing! They look like they would be very accomodating and able to offer great understanding without being imposing and judgmental.

I also liked INTj/LII but more like... they're such sweet children, slightly lost in the world, I want to hug them and tell them they'll be alright. Very warm feelings from me.

In the choice between IEE and IEI - IEE is more possible. Among 4 Ne types I'd recommend to seek, at first.
    When I made your test, I noticed my strong negative reaction to IEE, to my surprise. I didn't have this strong a reaction to any other type (except INTp who were just... eww. So disheveled. Kinda scary at that). I wonder what that means. They annoyed me so much. They all looked like they were desperately calling for my attention and/or sympathy, like they needed me to see them and only them. I saw so much faking in them it disturbed me. This could be related to the fact that I saw my old boyfriend in their expressions. Or this could be that I'm in strong denial about myself, if I'm indeed one of them . But I'm pretty convinced that I do and I like myself a lot and I'm pretty aware of the way that I am, so there's that.

After watching these videos, I can't see IEI for me, I'm definitely not that nice and flowy like they are.
    At this again.
    9w1 sx/so
    Cancer Sun, Mercury and Mars, Virgo Ascendant and Moon, Taurus Venus. Fortunately spiced up with Uranus on IC.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Want to mention, that to describe people as an environment is an argument to assume T type as rather more possible.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@ToTheMoon
    you got ISFJ there
    you have E. among F types there is a possibility for SEE and ENFJ

In OP, my main functions are Si/Fe so that's an ISFJ/ISFp
    It would be ISFP and ESFJ, non of which is correct.
    Also MBTI followers as that "OP" have as good described only preferences. While their functions descriptions are taken from Jung's expanded functions interpretations, are rather shortly described and partly incorrectly - they are bad there. MBTI never used functions much to type people to develop this theory and how to use it, which is so bad that they can't notice mistakes with their introverted types models (which contradict to Jung).
    Last edited by Sol; 05-21-2020 at 02:36 AM.