Thread: Instinctual Stacking and quadras

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Instinctual Stacking and quadras - Survey

I am not sure if this has been done before or not. I know one already exists for MBTI and stacking, but I wanted to see what it was for socionics. I would really like to collect data on this topic, so I made a short little survey for it...

Ideally, I would like that the responses be based on a decent level of confidence as to the (1) socionics type and (2) instinctual stacking.

Here is the survey (3 Qs).

I would like to get as many responses as I can, so feel free to refer this survey to those outside of the forum, if you want to.
    Last edited by VenusRose; 01-10-2019 at 05:49 PM.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default From previous survey

This is what I have from a previous survey I did (it is only 16 data points - I would prefer much more than that). But anyways, here it is:

Please fill out the survey so that I can collect more data!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VenusRose View Post
    I know one already exists for MBTI and stacking, but I wanted to see what it was for socionics.
    to think MBT and Socionics as different typologies is nonsense

> I would really like to collect data on this topic, so I made a short little survey for it...

the other nonsense is to trust much to what people think about own types
    if to take into account the quantity of active members as 10-20 people, where only a part has a serious interest to E-types - you should trust to E-types even lesser

> Ideally, I would like that the responses be based on a decent level of confidence as to the (1) socionics type and (2) instinctual stacking.

and main nonsense is to suppose about significant correlation between subtypes of other typology and Jung's types

in sum - the useless aproach with random results

you'd better researched Jung's types to understand the own correctly than to mess with enneagram on Jung's types forum

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Venus Rose I would like to take your survey... is there a reliable method to discover my subtype stacking? Is there a test I can take or something similar to that?

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    @Venus Rose I would like to take your survey... is there a reliable method to discover my subtype stacking? Is there a test I can take or something similar to that?
    There's ocean moonshine's stacking descriptions, if you know your core type.
    There's several descriptions for instincts..
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Enneagram/c...om_a_workshop/
    https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/h...-system-works/ (it's at the very end)
    https://oceanmoonshine9.wordpress.com/type-stackings/

I would just look and see what feels more comfortable for you

There are quizzes as well:
    http://enneagramuserguide.com/enneag...acking-variant
    https://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test-2
    There's one of the forum here as well: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Test-instincts

But yeah, I would only take those quizzes as guides. It's up to you what stacking feels right for you.

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the resources. From the reddit post, sp first was a bit too painfully accurate lol.

Anyway, these are my entries: EIE, sp/sx, Harmonizing.

In enneagram, I'm fairly certain, 2w3, 269 tritype

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Thank you for the resources. From the reddit post, sp first was a bit too painfully accurate lol.

Anyway, these are my entries: EIE, sp/sx, Harmonizing.

In enneagram, I'm fairly certain, 2w3, 269 tritype
    Oh snap. 629. Beta good Samaritans stand up!
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Ah, I like that link. Read it before, but yes! This is what sx is about imo: and again, yes

I think so and sx are both very misunderstood. It's so that is about that warm connecting kind of experience. But sx is pure energy, it's like a fire that can't be quenched and man[...] I really like the image sometimes used of the "hungry ghosts" because it's like this black hole that needs needs needs.
    For me they are kind of intertwined. I think 'prey' is more of a victim/aggressor thing though there's still a slight animalistic bend to sexuality regardless of your erotic attitude
    I don't really want to be hunted or 'preyed upon' so to speak; I want something more safe and loving (Si valuing)
    Though I see what the description is trying to get at, and I am ok with using it as a resource for instincts in general, the two different erotic attitudes should also be considered
    The intense energy that you describe is something I am almost always immersed it, but for me to feel safe with someone, it also has to be "tender"; aggressors scare me.

That is to say, I don't think anyone who talks about in terms on bonding is necessarily talking about so, they may in fact be talking about the sexual instinct. Si/Ne is more indirect instead of bold and direct and they may be put off by blatant and bold descriptions...and sx energy is such that if something repels you, you do not want to engage with it.

Caregivers:
    attraction is naturally sparked by the perceived aesthetic attributes of the prospective partner, but cooled off if such attributes are accompanied by a perception of "too aggressive" sexuality
    inclination towards tenderness, "soft" rather than "hard" approach
    (X)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

If I changed my self-typing, how do I change my answer?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    If I changed my self-typing, how do I change my answer?
    I can change your answer in my spreadsheet, DA
    what would you like me to change it to? (I know your response since unfortunately only one LSE has responded as of now).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VenusRose View Post
    I can change your answer in my spreadsheet, DA
    what would you like me to change it to? (I know your response since unfortunately only one LSE has responded as of now).
    stacking is now sx/sp.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    stacking is now sx/sp.
    Done.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, it's not the words themselves that are being used, as in you can still use the word "connection" in referring to sx, but it's what you mean by it. I see so as welcoming, friendly, "come on in and sit with me" kind of thing "we will be best friends", which is different from "let us immerse ourselves in each other's presence" -- idk perhaps it's just me, but it's not just people either, it's a feeling of wanting to swallow those things that intrigue you whole, pull it all into yourself almost drunk on it.

Sometimes I can't help but share some of it because it's more than I can contain . . . and I look a little insane lol. So, mostly it remains this private burning, and I really liked and related to that Van Gogh quote “A great fire burns within me, but no one stops to warm themselves at it, and passers-by only see a wisp of smoke” The images of fire and burning and consuming, like I myself am enveloped in flame is the source for my avatar as it's to me a picture of my insides. . .but the cover that contains it is all that the world sees.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, it's not the words themselves that are being used, as in you can still use the word "connection" in referring to sx, but it's what you mean by it. I see so as welcoming, friendly, "come on in and sit with me" kind of thing "we will be best friends", which is different from "let us immerse ourselves in each other's presence" -- idk perhaps it's just me, but it's not just people either, it's a feeling of wanting to swallow those things that intrigue you whole, pull it all into yourself almost drunk on it.
    I think you and I have different ideas of best-friendship.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probably so. Every once in awhile I feel like I'm wandering the world with a mallet striking various bells, and they all fall flat, a dampened return, not a single one rings out. It's a rather lonely feeling.

I think you have the idea of best friends that I had five years ago.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably so. Every once in awhile I feel like I'm wandering the world with a mallet striking various bells, and they all fall flat, a dampened return, not a single one rings out. It's a rather lonely feeling.
    Initially I read this as “I feel like I’m wandering the world with a manlet striking various balls, and they all fall flat, a dampened return, not a single one rings out.”

... “It’s a rather lonely feeling.”

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suddenly, I realized that’s literally what I’m doing since my boyfriend is 5’3”. The subconscious mind is telling.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calling for more responses. I would like to wrap this up as soon as possible.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closed the form; will now update with results.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Overall

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Instincts by Quadra

**I skipped the stackings I had no responses for, in each quadra.

TIM
    EII 4w5 Sx/So
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DCNH-quadra and DCNH-instincts

These are the basic charts, for now. I am planning on looking more into dichotomies perhaps, and seeing if there's anything interesting. Say for extroverts vs. introverts, or logical vs. ethical, etc.

Please let me know if you would like me to look at something specific